Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 01:54:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228478 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Do Bumblefoot and Fortus render Finck obsolete for GnR?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Do Bumblefoot and Fortus render Finck obsolete for GnR?  (Read 19007 times)
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #40 on: May 28, 2006, 03:07:14 AM »

TWAT is all robin save the fills and the outro. But the melodic solo is clearly robin

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2006, 03:16:52 AM »

Before the Finck groupies jump all over me, let me clarify. This guy is the weakest link in the band. I love Better and his solo in it, hell I enjoy his solos on The Blues as well, but he is far and away the weakest guitarist in this band. Bumblefoot has the technical prowess of Buckethead and can channel the soul of Slash, he's got the best of both worlds here. Maybe he's not as good as those two in their areas, but he can give us emotion and skill.

There is no reason why Finck should be playing lead. He just aint that good, his guitar work is sloppy and he's not that great at improvising solos or varying them. Fortus on the other hand can shred, he can vary his solos, and he can play the old Slash solos note for note when the time comes. November Rain he nails it, and he does a pitch perfect job in Rocket Queen. Soundwise his guitar and Bumblefoots give a clear sound, unlike Finck's.

Finck ought to play rhythm...there is no reason superior players like Bumble and Fortus should be trading leads with this guy. If you ask me, he ought to be out of the band, Bumble and Fortus are more than enough to handle the job. With three guitarists, some of the songs like Rocket Queen sound way too "busy"....Bumble also sounds a lot closer to Slash in tone than Finck does....

Apologies in advance to my buddy Jim Bob....I gave finck a fair shake in this show man.... peace

Oh yeah...Bumble playing Don't Cry....MOMENT OF THE NIGHT...BEAUTIFUL....a definite Slash moment if there ever was one.... love

you have no idea what the hell your talkin' 'bout!! Shocked

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
mega_music
VIP

Chinese Democracy Is Coming Some Day!!!

« Reply #42 on: May 28, 2006, 03:30:48 AM »

How can you possibly say Robin is the weakest part of the new lineup. I think Robin is one of the most talented, and amazing players in the group. I love his sound, and I love the way he shows he has fun on stage. In 2002 I didnt really think much of Robin but right now he is one of my favorite players in the band.

Chinese Democracy is Coming Someday
-Trevor-
ZRO
Rocker

Does this look infected?

« Reply #43 on: May 28, 2006, 03:33:03 AM »

Finck is garbage as a guitarist. He butchers November Rain EVERY EFFING TIME he plays it.

That's inexcusable.

And it's not just that, he butchers most of the old stuff.

Trent Reznor has said how happy he is that Finck is gone from NIN. If you aren't good enough for NIN, how can you be good enough for GUNS N ROSES?!
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #44 on: May 28, 2006, 03:53:50 AM »

I disagree Finck? if my fave new member, i have been telling people from the beginning he is great. Listen to the demos and the solos that stand out are fincks.
same thing here.

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #45 on: May 28, 2006, 03:55:34 AM »

Trent Reznor has said how happy he is that Finck is gone from NIN. If you aren't good enough for NIN, how can you be good enough for GUNS N ROSES?!
are you crazy.
he was pissed.
first in 1999 he did everything to get finck back.
then Axl took finck back after the nin tour, and when with teeth was released, trent said he was pissed cus Robin left, and it took him some time to find a worthy replacement.

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
Poof!
Rocker

« Reply #46 on: May 28, 2006, 03:58:18 AM »

are you crazy.
he was pissed.
first in 1999 he did everything to get finck back.
then Axl took finck back after the nin tour, and when with teeth was released, trent said he was pissed cus Robin left, and it took him some time to find a worthy replacement.

Leaving NIN had nothing to do with his guitar playing abilities, it was personal. It came to blows between Robin and Trent on the Fragile tour.
mega_music
VIP

Chinese Democracy Is Coming Some Day!!!

« Reply #47 on: May 28, 2006, 04:00:14 AM »

Finck is garbage as a guitarist. He butchers November Rain EVERY EFFING TIME he plays it.

That's inexcusable.

Have you said anything positive about this band in the last couple of days??? Werent you bitching about Axl showing up on stage late? Now your gonna bash Robin? Cut these guys some slack, be happy with what we are getting right now.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2006, 04:17:30 AM by mega_music » Logged

Chinese Democracy is Coming Someday
-Trevor-
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #48 on: May 28, 2006, 04:14:50 AM »

Funny... I guess the bad mix is being used as an excuse too people to bash the new band. All of them, not just Finck.

Right after Hammerstein shows, a lot of people were saying how fucking great Robin was, how he owned the gigs and even improved his skills. Its fucking lame to see people overlooking at the boots and say "oh, Robin didn't play that right, Axl had no voice, bla bla bla".

How many times this new band will have to prove themselves as capable players? How many times are you people judge them by crappy bootlegs?

That's fucking sad, you know... If I didn't like this band I would just not bitch about it in every fuckin' thread.

Sorry for the little rant.

jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #49 on: May 28, 2006, 04:17:37 AM »

fucking a voodoo. its a sorry state of people that have not been aroun the banmd here all these yrs makng these assinined comments!

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #50 on: May 28, 2006, 04:25:45 AM »

Im not here to start shit but after watching this RIR

These three guitarist combine still cant come close to holding Slash's dick.

I just had to say it.

The legendary GUns N Roses??

One member is a fuckin legend not the band.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Poof!
Rocker

« Reply #51 on: May 28, 2006, 04:42:38 AM »

I think it's weird how in the GN'R fan community, we still manage to find, focus and fight about any negative aspect we can come up with, instead of praising what's good, we seek out the tiniest flaw, latch onto it and then let it snowball.

For years, all this crying and whining about Axl's and GN'R's silence and lack of public activity, then when it all finally seems to happen, we neglect the positive aspects, at least in comparison to the negative, ?and the same old shit is being rehashed complained about over and over and over again. Is this the way of the average GN'R fan? Because I can tell you one thing, it's pretty fucking sad, and I for one choose to no longer participate in any negative discussions regarding GN'R cuz it's getting real fucking old. I want to get ready for what's coming. Guns N' Roses are touring, they have decided on the members they felt completed the band and that is its current line up, they are releasing their CD this fall, it's all good.

A round of Prozac for everyone!

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #52 on: May 28, 2006, 04:48:08 AM »

I think it's weird how in the GN'R fan community, we still manage to find, focus and fight about any negative aspect we can come up with, instead of praising what's good, we seek out the tiniest flaw, latch onto it and then let it snowball.

For years, all this crying and whining about Axl's and GN'R's silence and lack of public activity, then when it all finally seems to happen, we neglect the positive aspects, at least in comparison to the negative,  and the same old shit is being rehashed complained about over and over and over again. Is this the way of the average GN'R fan? Because I can tell you one thing, it's pretty fucking sad, and I for one choose to no longer participate in any negative discussions regarding GN'R cuz it's getting real fucking old. I want to get ready for what's coming. Guns N' Roses are touring, they have decided on the members they felt completed the band and that is its current line up, they are releasing their CD this fall, it's all good.

A round of Prozac for everyone!

Nice post, dude!

Listen to this and tell me those two guys can't play:

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=status&st=ok&ufid=086E54C97A0FE2E3

(Richard solo and Richard + Robin duet on Beautiful - slightly better quality)

Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #53 on: May 28, 2006, 04:48:33 AM »

The new band is great. I love all the new guys! (finck indeed does fuck up nov rain solo everytime so it seems, but oh well.....he makes up for it with his stage presence. I can easily live with it) The new band rocks!!!  Cheesy

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #54 on: May 28, 2006, 04:54:23 AM »

Finck is still the worst soloist I have ever heard.

That solo before Nightrain??? what the fuck was that? Sounded like a God damn dentist drill.

Lisboa must have pissed Axl off.

U get about 200 Solo's including a drum solo "if u arent Tommy Lee, U shouldnt do a solo" then u get Bumblefoot's Bumblefucked solo and then Finck's dentist drill.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #55 on: May 28, 2006, 05:00:05 AM »

D do me a favor and a favor for ever one else here , just SHUT THE FUCK UP! ok peace rofl beer Smiley
« Last Edit: May 28, 2006, 05:01:36 AM by jazjme » Logged

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #56 on: May 28, 2006, 05:09:33 AM »

The only thing which wasn't too cool was when Bumblefoot pulled out his bumblebee-guitar.......and then the wings started flapping out of it.....I was like......WTF? haha I can't believe he pulled that shit.........GREAT GUITAR PLAYER tho! Love the guy!

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
JustWckd
Rocker

It happened in my lifetime!!!

« Reply #57 on: May 28, 2006, 05:40:05 AM »

Before the Finck groupies jump all over me, let me clarify. This guy is the weakest link in the band. I love Better and his solo in it, hell I enjoy his solos on The Blues as well, but he is far and away the weakest guitarist in this band. Bumblefoot has the technical prowess of Buckethead and can channel the soul of Slash, he's got the best of both worlds here. Maybe he's not as good as those two in their areas, but he can give us emotion and skill.

There is no reason why Finck should be playing lead. He just aint that good, his guitar work is sloppy and he's not that great at improvising solos or varying them. Fortus on the other hand can shred, he can vary his solos, and he can play the old Slash solos note for note when the time comes. November Rain he nails it, and he does a pitch perfect job in Rocket Queen. Soundwise his guitar and Bumblefoots give a clear sound, unlike Finck's.

Finck ought to play rhythm...there is no reason superior players like Bumble and Fortus should be trading leads with this guy. If you ask me, he ought to be out of the band, Bumble and Fortus are more than enough to handle the job. With three guitarists, some of the songs like Rocket Queen sound way too "busy"....Bumble also sounds a lot closer to Slash in tone than Finck does....

Apologies in advance to my buddy Jim Bob....I gave finck a fair shake in this show man.... peace

Oh yeah...Bumble playing Don't Cry....MOMENT OF THE NIGHT...BEAUTIFUL....a definite Slash moment if there ever was one.... love

Best fucking post on this board since the leaks happened.  I swear half the people don't hear shit and are just infatuated with the fact that Axl is back and CD looks to be on the way.

12/27/11 Phoenix
04/08/16 Vegas!!!!
JustWckd
Rocker

It happened in my lifetime!!!

« Reply #58 on: May 28, 2006, 05:50:15 AM »

That's inexcusable.

He said "Aaron North pisses on Finck's shoes"

and he does

12/27/11 Phoenix
04/08/16 Vegas!!!!
axlschild
Headliner

..when your taking to yourself..and nobody's home

« Reply #59 on: May 28, 2006, 05:55:35 AM »

I thought richard and ron were great last night, really impressed with richard solo bit, ron shreds, but i knew that before he joined gnr. robin...
always liked him, last rio gig he was good, now he rules, he got almost as much screen times as axl, which is good...i though his solo was a little weak but other than that he was amazing

stop knocking robin, pick on someone else

Don't play your guitar when your talking to me...

Milton Keynes '93
Leeds '02
Download '06
Sheffield '06
Nottingham '06
Leeds '10
Birmingham '12
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: