Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 08:15:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  RIO sound was "Off the Board"
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: RIO sound was "Off the Board"  (Read 9724 times)
W 23 AXL II
VIP

I like A minor more so than C major

« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2006, 01:34:13 AM »

W 23 AXL II is 100% on. I have done a bit of sound engineering in my time. The guys at the board are mixing to what they hear. So if the guitars sound good in person, that is that. Now they should have had a seperate feed for the broadcast that was mixed for that purpose but that is a bit of extra work.

exactly!
axlsalinger
Rocker

All I got, is precious time...

« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2006, 01:34:37 AM »

I am confident one of the downloading motherfuckers on this board will figure out a way to put up a d/l of this show with a proper sound mix real soon, to put this argument to bed.

But really, even now all people have to do is go to www.aol.com and listen to the last few songs, which were mixed just fine. You Could Be Mine, Patience, Nightrain, Paradise City.

And play it fucking loud!!!

When all is said and done,
We're not the only ones,
Who look at life this way
SWINGTRADER
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2006, 01:36:13 AM »

I wish I can play the piano like dizzy   he sounds great for the long intro the "Blues"
W 23 AXL II
VIP

« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2006, 01:36:21 AM »

I am confident one of the downloading motherfuckers on this board will figure out a way to put up a d/l of this show with a proper sound mix real soon, to put this argument to bed.

But really, even now all people have to do is go to www.aol.com and listen to the last few songs, which were mixed just fine. You Could Be Mine, Patience, Nightrain, Paradise City.

And play it fucking loud!!!

this is not an argument......there is no doubt we heard a sound board mix....its 1000000% trust me on this.....we DID NOT hear what the crowd heard.....even when we thought it sounded better, like someone just said, that just means they turned the guitars up a bit on the board
axlsalinger
Rocker

All I got, is precious time...

« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2006, 01:42:03 AM »

this is not an argument......there is no doubt we heard a sound board mix....its 1000000% trust me on this.....we DID NOT hear what the crowd heard.....

No, I am agreeing with what you're saying. Live music needs to be mixed differently for TV or internet streams than for the crowd. Somebody definitely screwed up on this broadcast at certain times. Live streams should not be the straight soundboard feed. All I'm saying is that they got the mix right at certain times throughout the show (and definitely for the last 4-5 songs). I had it cranked, and the volume went down significantly when the fuckups happened with the mix. When it came back up to full volume it sounded great.

When all is said and done,
We're not the only ones,
Who look at life this way
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2006, 01:47:44 AM »

Of course not. Just look (or listen) to the crowds reaction to Don't Cry when Bumblefoot played it on his solo. We could barely hear anything through the shitty broadcast, but the crowd was singing along and have fun..
I'm quoting myself to prove how the crowd listened to a very different mix than we heard. Also, A LOT of people who was there said they could hear the whole band just fine.

Bostonrose
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2006, 01:56:44 AM »

OH MY FUCKING GOD

I've been saying it was a soundboard mix all fucking night and everyone was killing..

check my posts

Here is my FIRST POST:

"IS it just me or is the soundboard for Rio all fucked up....some songs you can barely hear Axl, other songs the guitars are overpowering everything and on the blues it was all SNARE drum, until the end when someone turned up Robins guitar for the solo and it was louder than everything....

I could barely hear Axl on Rocket Queen

what a bloody mess!  "

I was basically saying what this fucking guy said and everyone ripped me......

« Last Edit: May 28, 2006, 02:00:28 AM by Bostonrose » Logged

"I never wanted you to be so full of anger, I never wanted you to be somebody else"
dizzy68
Banned
Rocker

Here Forever!

« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2006, 02:02:51 AM »

This was a lot more than just a Bad Board Mix. Microphones were cutting out and Instruments were not even heard. Those are called TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES! This whole thing was just screwed up!

HOT GIRL VIDEO HERE
Click here to check her out.
W 23 AXL II
VIP

« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2006, 02:03:24 AM »

its ok man, now we all know it was sound board sound
W 23 AXL II
VIP

« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2006, 02:06:14 AM »

truet me, it didnt sound AS BAD in the crowd.....they heard a fuller sound
Axl8302
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2006, 02:47:01 AM »

the sound from the internet feed was "off the board", meaning, it wasn't what it REALLY sounded like in the crowd.

What we heard was the sound board mix.......you hear mostly vocals and non-amplified instruments, like drums, keys (vocals) etc....the guitars were low in the mix b/c they have STAGE VOLUME, while the keys, drums, vocals have little or no stage (keys) volume at all.

ive played shows where we got the audio "off the board", and compared to what people heard in the crowd, its totally different.

thats why the crowd sounded low.....

the only guitars u hear are very low rhythm guitars...sometimes the solo's pop thru the mix too much...

but again, what we heard was noa true representation of the real, total sound, and the crowd audio

Oh right, how come the darkness sounded fine then?

If love is blind i guess i'l buy myself a cane..
Billo
VIP

"soon" is the word....SOON :)

« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2006, 02:50:36 AM »

On the clips ive seen the sound was very bad.. I think if it was really that bad live Axl would have stopped the show.. peace

If u love guns the wait it allmost over..HEHE
jsg2295
Banned
Headliner

The Album will come.

« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2006, 02:51:37 AM »

the darkness sounded good?
Axl8302
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2006, 02:58:58 AM »

the darkness sounded good?

ha, well...the levels were fine with the darkness, very clear. As for the music they played..dont get me started Grin

If love is blind i guess i'l buy myself a cane..
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2006, 03:03:28 AM »

The sound is a lot better on the replays for some reason, they did something and whatever it is it's good
jsg2295
Banned
Headliner

The Album will come.

« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2006, 03:04:55 AM »

Its a little better, but cmon. when you hear the pyros go off and it sounds like a wet paper bag you know there are technical difficulties.
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2006, 03:05:33 AM »

Maybe the Darkness' soundboard sounded better because they have 4 musicians as oppose to GnR's 8.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2006, 03:30:02 AM »

the sound from the internet feed was "off the board", meaning, it wasn't what it REALLY sounded like in the crowd.

How do you know?

I don't know anything about this kind of stuff, but it was obvious something was different. I could not hear the fans, could hear the bass guitar over Axl sometimes, Pitman over Axl sometimes, Axl only sometimes, guitar only........etc etc.

I'd tend to agree with the "off the board" post.
Death Cube K
« Reply #38 on: May 28, 2006, 05:25:21 AM »

all those who think that the sound we heard over the braod cast was how it sounded there are seriously delusional.

Oh my god...if people actually think that the show really sounded like the sound board they seriously need to go to a doctor or something..
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #39 on: May 28, 2006, 05:28:57 AM »

so for all those who don't know this will they think the show sounded bad, as in the band??

What was the setlist, and rants changes etc?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: