Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 11:25:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rio sound?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rio sound?  (Read 19901 times)
Bostonrose
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #60 on: May 27, 2006, 10:34:15 PM »

It's amazing that we have a great majority of posts saying how much this show sucked and then we have 3 or 4 ass kissers that think if they speak bad about Axl he'll pull the plug.

Saying this show sucked doesn't mean you hate the band, hate Axl etc....

The show sucked. PERIOD. ?

"I never wanted you to be so full of anger, I never wanted you to be somebody else"
Bostonrose
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #61 on: May 27, 2006, 10:35:22 PM »

If what we heard was reality ..

All right, now I would really like to write a couple of things, I think this man deserves it.

This is probably one of the best Guns N' Roses concerts ever !
Problem was with vocal mix and mix in total. You could barely hear Axl for half of a concert and so and guitars.
I have the feeling they started it in the bad rhythm, don't think Axl was prepared to express him so much, but he was into tryin to do it, that's for sure.

Then, all get fucked with Robin's start Sweet child o'mine - too fast, without feeling.

Problem continued with some jerk who handles the mix, I would kill that guy, kinda like he was doing on purpose.
I think that Axl doesn't feel like he should be louder in the mix when he sings IRS - well, he should. For example, mixing war right on Better. His voice is great, but people need to hear it. That's why reactions were so bad. It' sthe same thing with TWAT! You can't hear him ! That's gotta be fixed.

Something else, what happend with the New York November Rain version - it's the best version ever, he needs to sing it with lower voice, more like a man. It sounds unbelieveble!

Richard and Robin's - Wonderfull, it's unbelieveble duo and guitar playing.

Last five songs, starting with You Colud Be Mine were perfect !Knockin on the heaven's door was AMAZING ! With so much feeling ! He did a great job with that one, too! But the crowd was already out of touch.

Also,I feel that paradise city version from New York 15.05 was better a little, but this one's great, too.

Everything about this concert, how it was concipiated, James Brown, funk part was absolutly awsome !
It was just bad luck with mixing !

Anybody that knows anything about music knows that this band can play whatever want, cause they are able to play it!

Hey, even Ron's Don't cry was great idea !

That's about it. And this is The TRUTH !

Best Guns N' Roses concert ever?? Was it really?
Better than Paris Pay per View, better than Ritz 1988, better than any of the NY Shows this month

It was worst show i have ever seen. ?Axl voice sounds very well. ?Adler's Appetite> New G N'R

rofl rofl rofl

All I have to say is, there are some times when something is so blatant (such as how great this show was), that you can just laugh your ass off at a comment like that.

Good luck convincing people son. ?ok

@#$%Funker

Ok, read just about every other post on this board...

You mean every other post that, (apart from 2 or 3 posters on the whole board), seems to rate the show from anywhere between Good to Incredible.

I am actually enjoying reading those. Thanks for the tip. ok

@#$%Funker

Ok, it was great show, WOW what a great fucking show,  HOLY SHIT Axl sounded great....

hey this lieing to yourself is actually fun

"I never wanted you to be so full of anger, I never wanted you to be somebody else"
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #62 on: May 27, 2006, 10:36:16 PM »

It's amazing that we have a great majority of posts saying how much this show sucked and then we have 3 or 4 ass kissers that think if they speak bad about Axl he'll pull the plug.

noooooooo your wrong,the sound guy sucked,not the show,grow up dude

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
GNROSAS
Rocker

« Reply #63 on: May 27, 2006, 10:37:39 PM »

The Soundboard mix SUCKED...The show was nice!! PERIOD
ARC
VIP

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

« Reply #64 on: May 27, 2006, 10:37:46 PM »

"Bostonrose" - you are an annoying little person.

You didn't like the show...? Ok, great. But stop repeating yourself 500 times in every thread. We get it, ok! ?Roll Eyes
Bostonrose
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #65 on: May 27, 2006, 10:37:54 PM »

No you are an ass kissing ball licking moron

I've seen Guns N' Roses, old and new and this show was a fucking disgrace....

Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #66 on: May 27, 2006, 10:38:17 PM »

The show sucked. PERIOD. 

This is an internet forum where people express their OPINIONS.

Quit telling people they are only allowed to have your opinion.

Fucker.
Bostonrose
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #67 on: May 27, 2006, 10:38:47 PM »

trying to spread some truth....

Axl sounds like shit AGAIN!

axlsalinger
Rocker

All I got, is precious time...

« Reply #68 on: May 27, 2006, 10:39:05 PM »

Earlier today, there was a rumour on the board about how they were gonna cut the feed during the new songs. Has anyone talked about this?

I didn't see the whole show, because my connection kept cutting out, but I saw parts here and there along with the last 30 minutes or so, and it seems like the sound kept going in and out. At times it sounded perfect, then at other times it was like half the band was cut out of the mix. I missed IRS and TWAT, but I have heard people say the sound was bad on both. I did see Better though and I can say the sound went bad about 5 minutes before Better started, and came back about 5 minutes after it ended. If this happened with the other new songs, I wonder if somebody did it on purpose to distort the new songs, as mentioned earlier today.

Bottom line, the reason people are arguing is because parts of the time the sound was terrible, and during the parts where it was fine the band was fucking awesome and rocking out. This was a great show folks. Hopefully someone will come up with the full mix for the whole show to prove it. But it is true that at times Axl's voice was too low, at times it was too high, at times the guitars were too high and at times they couldn't be heard at all. Overall a ridiculous mix and someone should be fired for it.

I am almost certain these problems only occurred with the internet sound mix, and not the live mix. Everyone on stage acted like everything was fine the whole show.

When all is said and done,
We're not the only ones,
Who look at life this way
Jonathan
« Reply #69 on: May 27, 2006, 10:39:24 PM »

trying to spread some truth....

Axl sounds like shit AGAIN!

Oh, shut up!

Please, go away.
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #70 on: May 27, 2006, 10:39:41 PM »

Did anyone notice Axl started singing Patience a little bit to early then caught himself?? rofl

Yeah, he looked embarrassed. God, he's been singing the song for 20 years, you think he would know it.
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #71 on: May 27, 2006, 10:40:46 PM »

Did anyone notice Axl started singing Patience a little bit to early then caught himself?? rofl

Yeah, he looked embarrassed. God, he's been singing the song for 20 years, you think he would know it.

He forgot the lyrics in 2002 at Detroit and cancelled the rest of the show after the mishap.
Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #72 on: May 27, 2006, 10:42:13 PM »

Real intelligent, I give up. I can't be bothered.

Anybody who wants to argue with this guy, be my guest, but I wouldn't bother if I were you.

@#$%Funker
mustashius
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #73 on: May 27, 2006, 10:42:23 PM »

The show sucked. PERIOD. 

The Show sucked, you get that one right !
It was not about performance, it was about mix, that one you just can't get Wink

I've seen a rich man beg
I"ve seen a good man sin
I've seen a tough man cry
I've seen a loser win
And a sad man grin
I heard an honest man lie
ARC
VIP

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

« Reply #74 on: May 27, 2006, 10:42:35 PM »

I am almost certain these problems only occurred with the internet sound mix, and not the live mix. Everyone on stage acted like everything was fine the whole show.

Agreed. If it sounded like that at the show, Axl would have left after one song.

It was just the shitty AOL stream. We will get a better sounding bootleg.
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #75 on: May 27, 2006, 10:42:46 PM »

I've seen Guns N' Roses, old and new and this show was a fucking disgrace....

dude,how can u not understand that when the sound guy got things right,Axl sounded great along with the rest of the band,but when he got it wrong things sounded shitty.most poeple understand that except yourself!

and as for the ass kissing ball licking moron,ill repeat my first qoute......GROW UP ?rant

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #76 on: May 27, 2006, 10:42:55 PM »

Earlier today, there was a rumour on the board about how they were gonna cut the feed during the new songs. Has anyone talked about this?

I didn't see the whole show, because my connection kept cutting out, but I saw parts here and there along with the last 30 minutes or so, and it seems like the sound kept going in and out. At times it sounded perfect, then at other times it was like half the band was cut out of the mix. I missed IRS and TWAT, but I have heard people say the sound was bad on both. I did see Better though and I can say the sound went bad about 5 minutes before Better started, and came back about 5 minutes after it ended. If this happened with the other new songs, I wonder if somebody did it on purpose to distort the new songs, as mentioned earlier today.

Bottom line, the reason people are arguing is because parts of the time the sound was terrible, and during the parts where it was fine the band was fucking awesome and rocking out. This was a great show folks. Hopefully someone will come up with the full mix for the whole show to prove it. But it is true that at times Axl's voice was too low, at times it was too high, at times the guitars were too high and at times they couldn't be heard at all. Overall a ridiculous mix and someone should be fired for it.

What happened to me? I sat and watched the whole thing and did not see TWAT or Don't Cry. WTF? How can that be? I saw IRS and was not impressed. Not ?a concert song. Better was excellent IMO.
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #77 on: May 27, 2006, 10:43:52 PM »

The show sucked. PERIOD.?

The Show sucked, you get that one right !
It was not about performance, it was about mix, that one you just can't get Wink

That's not an excuse - Axl still sounded terrible regardless of how loud he was.
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #78 on: May 27, 2006, 10:45:21 PM »

And you know you are on your way to get banned...?

warrocks
VIP

Dance Of Fate....we're not afraid...

« Reply #79 on: May 27, 2006, 10:45:21 PM »

i agree ..maybe it was a conspiracy to boycot gnr performance tonight ?Shocked i hope the mix of the sound in rio was fine cause i also thought why axl didn't do something?, they kept playing as if everything was ok and i find that very weird. Undecided

..... Till Death Do us Apart.....GNR forever!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: