Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 08, 2024, 12:49:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228157 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  RIR3 vs. RIR5
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: RIR3 vs. RIR5  (Read 10593 times)
NiGhTrAiN?
Headliner

Where's my Geritol? I need some Ensure

« Reply #40 on: May 27, 2006, 10:39:58 PM »

Dude the crowd was standing around during night train.... no

It was a festival. It was 2am. These people have been awake on their feet for probably nearly 20 hours. And you want them to start mosh pits...? Gimme a break.

Do you remember Rock in Rio 3?

Yeah I do.

And if we are talking about "Nightrain" then tonights version sounded about one million times better than it did then. If the crowd didn't appreciate this then thats their problem! I appreciated it.

Are we changing the subject? Because I thought we were talking about the crowd here.......
I wasn't comparing the versions, but the crowd in RIR 3 and RIR 5. I mean, it's not even fair to compare them, because RIR 5 was absolutely dead.

Stop being so pretentious. You were NOT there. You watched a fuzzy feed on your computer screen, listening to a shitty mix.

Just because the crowd were not moshing around like freakin' cavemen doesn't mean they did not enjoy it. And judging by the ovation GNR got, the crowd tonight loved every minute.

By moshing around like freakin' cavemen u mean tryin to be a dick and succeeding in it ?
« Last Edit: May 27, 2006, 10:42:36 PM by NiGhTrAiN? » Logged
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #41 on: May 27, 2006, 10:40:37 PM »

It was a festival. It was 2am. These people have been awake on their feet for probably nearly 20 hours. And you want them to start mosh pits...? Gimme a break.

Do you remember Rock in Rio 3?

Yeah I do.

And if we are talking about "Nightrain" then tonights version sounded about one million times better than it did then. If the crowd didn't appreciate this then thats their problem! I appreciated it.

Are we changing the subject? Because I thought we were talking about the crowd here.......
I wasn't comparing the versions, but the crowd in RIR 3 and RIR 5. I mean, it's not even fair to compare them, because RIR 5 was absolutely dead.

Stop being so pretentious. You were NOT there. You watched a fuzzy feed on your computer screen, listening to a shitty mix.

Just because the crowd were not moshing around like freakin' cavemen doesn't mean they did not enjoy it. And judging by the ovation GNR got, the crowd tonight loved every minute.

I know I wasn't there.... Funny, cos neither were you!
They enjoyed it? Cool, never said they didn't. Yet, they were dead compared to RIR 3.

I'm not evaluating ANYTHING, nor I'm judging the crowd. I'm just making a comparison. Geez.
NiGhTrAiN?
Headliner

Where's my Geritol? I need some Ensure

« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2006, 10:47:13 PM »

OMG it took me 20 hours to get here OG OG  GnR gig
It was sooo harrrrd but I did it !!!
Nap time wake me up when the show's over
That sounds reasonable
Bostonrose
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #43 on: May 27, 2006, 11:03:13 PM »

OMG it took me 20 hours to get here OG OG? GnR gig
It was sooo harrrrd but I did it !!!
Nap time wake me up when the show's over
That sounds reasonable

I drove from Boston to New York at 3am on may 17th, Axl got on stage around 1130?  you're right I just stood there....really I enjoyed it but I just stood there...

the RIR5 crowd was dead, 

and not everyone has a shitt computer screen

"I never wanted you to be so full of anger, I never wanted you to be somebody else"
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #44 on: May 27, 2006, 11:24:46 PM »

I sleept outside the RIR3 2 days
I heard the REM, Foo Fighters from outside...
9:00 am we already in line... we got in inside around 1:00 pm ... since then I think I just "relax" on the ground for 45 minutes till the end of the show... (they started to play in 1:00 am from the next day If I?m not wrong)... and I did jump and scream the whole show ...? hihi beer
« Last Edit: May 27, 2006, 11:27:56 PM by RnT » Logged

bumblerocks
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #45 on: May 27, 2006, 11:38:52 PM »

9:00 am we already in line... we got in inside around 1:00 pm ... since then I think I just "relax" on the ground for 45 minutes till the end of the show... (they started to play in 1:00 am from the next day If I?m not wrong)... and I did jump and scream the whole show ...? hihi beer

now that's being a fan! Grin
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #46 on: May 27, 2006, 11:42:28 PM »

I am amazed that anyone can say anything other than RIR5. This band rocks!
And btw, I have defended the old band forever, but this new band, wow. I am  impressed!
bumblerocks
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #47 on: May 27, 2006, 11:43:19 PM »

I am amazed that anyone can say anything other than RIR5. This band rocks!
And btw, I have defended the old band forever, but this new band, wow. I am? impressed!

glad to see it! beer
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #48 on: May 27, 2006, 11:45:09 PM »

beer

but the GNR at RIR5 was FANTASTIC, a KICK IN THE NUTS TO ALL THE HATERS!! Someone starts to upload some videos from the show and let?s spread to all the people see how much Axl and GNR are huge!

darkmonth
« Reply #49 on: May 27, 2006, 11:45:34 PM »

This thread should be locked ... I've posted.
bumblerocks
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #50 on: May 27, 2006, 11:47:15 PM »

beer

but the GNR at RIR5 was FANTASTIC, a KICK IN THE NUTS TO ALL THE HATERS!! Someone starts to upload some videos from the show and let?s spread to all the people see how much Axl and GNR are huge!

absolutely, this is the start of something amazing that we have all seen the build-up too and it will soon take over the world as the greatest band to ever grace this planet, mark my words! beer
darkmonth
« Reply #51 on: May 27, 2006, 11:48:25 PM »

They already did that in the early 90's mate ... you probably weren't alive back then.

They wont do it now.  Different times... the old songs were better...

Not as many people give a fuck now.
bumblerocks
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #52 on: May 27, 2006, 11:50:54 PM »

They already did that in the early 90's mate ... you probably weren't alive back then.

They wont do it now.? Different times... the old songs were better...

Not as many people give a fuck now.

i was a fan then and i will always be a fan, unlike your hating ass! Undecided
darkmonth
« Reply #53 on: May 27, 2006, 11:51:44 PM »

Go to bed ...
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #54 on: May 28, 2006, 12:17:26 AM »

The crowd was great.

I was there. I don?t get how you can judge a crowd from a webcast...

The Dog
Legend

« Reply #55 on: May 28, 2006, 12:19:54 AM »

The crowd was great.

.....especially a web cast where the sound was clearly not right.  I honestly don't know how us internet viewers can say the show was good OR bad...we really didn't hear it the way those in attendance did.  everysong up through NR was messed up due to the poor sound on the stream.  They did finish up strong though when the web stream FINALLY got fixed.  Really a shame that some people might think thats how they really sound when you see them live.  I'd be really really pissed if I was a member of the band right now.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Bostonrose
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #56 on: May 28, 2006, 12:21:30 AM »

The crowd was great.

.....especially a web cast where the sound was clearly not right.? I honestly don't know how us internet viewers can say the show was good OR bad...we really didn't hear it the way those in attendance did.? everysong up through NR was messed up due to the poor sound on the stream.? They did finish up strong though when the web stream FINALLY got fixed.? Really a shame that some people might think thats how they really sound when you see them live.? I'd be really really pissed if I was a member of the band right now.

For the last time......AOL did not screw up the show......if they did  every other band would sound like shit.

"I never wanted you to be so full of anger, I never wanted you to be somebody else"
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #57 on: May 28, 2006, 12:23:59 AM »

The crowd was great.

.....especially a web cast where the sound was clearly not right.  I honestly don't know how us internet viewers can say the show was good OR bad...we really didn't hear it the way those in attendance did.  everysong up through NR was messed up due to the poor sound on the stream.  They did finish up strong though when the web stream FINALLY got fixed.  Really a shame that some people might think thats how they really sound when you see them live.  I'd be really really pissed if I was a member of the band right now.

For the last time......AOL did not screw up the show......if they did  every other band would sound like shit.

The darkness sounded like shit to me when I was listening.  Dude, give it up, you're boring as hell.

Do you HONESTLY mean to tell me that GNR deliberately put Dizzys bongos and Pittmans synths on a higher volume then the rest of the band?  How dumb are you?  Really.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2006, 12:29:04 AM by HannaHat » Logged

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Reinaldo
Rocker

"O.K., Nevermind!"

« Reply #58 on: May 28, 2006, 12:27:01 AM »

Overall... RIR3 for all the reasons Mandy mentioned... for us brazilians that show was a very special one...

RIR5 for Axl's vocals though.

RIR 2001 - Porto Alegre 2010 - RIR 2011 - Rio de Janeiro 2014 & 2016 - RIR 2022
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #59 on: May 28, 2006, 12:32:12 AM »

RIR5 for Axl's vocals though.

And looks...

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »