Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 08, 2024, 12:23:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228157 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  RIR3 vs. RIR5
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: RIR3 vs. RIR5  (Read 10590 times)
HungerForChaos
Rocker

Not Here Yesterday...

« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2006, 09:58:24 PM »

I thought it was the weakest performance I've seen from the new band so far (and I've been to 4 shows and listened to every bootleg). A couple songs sounded great, Nightrain especially, but Axl is sounding just like he did in 2002, and some songs, like Better, had absolutely terrible vocals. I'm not just talking about the mixing problems either. Also, this is probably the shortest set the new band has played aside from the acoustic gig, is it not? The solos all sounded fine, but having every member of the band perform a solo is fucking boring. Especially when you're cutting a whole bunch of songs out of the set!

I don't know. I think the solos differentiate it from RIR3. Otherwise it'd be basically the same. I just can't wait till CD comes out so they can play new songs live.
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2006, 09:58:59 PM »

RIR 3.
It might not mean a lot to you guys, but for us, it means a helluva lot. Robin sang a brazilian song, the Carnival thingy (it sucked, but Axl did try.......), Beta's translations and all.

The crowd was absofuckinlutely dead in Lisbon!
Bostonrose
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2006, 09:59:11 PM »

which was the better show? i say RIR5 all the way!!! awesome stuff!!! Grin

Do you people smoke crack?? I am in utter disbelief and shock at how fucking bad that show was........

I want to puke

Keep listening to it on your headphones and AOL.

I am listening to it through a soundboard feed on XM Satellite Radio

stop making excuses

Funny I didn't know it was an excuse. Just sounds like sour grapes, and you're so biased against it, you can't even think clearly. Even though it didn't sound the best.
Dude, ? you even admitted yourself that the sound of the show sucked, and then you tell me I am listening to it on AOL on headphones and you have no clue, ?I have over $1,500 dollars invested in my home theatre sound system so fuck off with you headphone bullshit....
Admit the truth it sounded like shit....

"I never wanted you to be so full of anger, I never wanted you to be somebody else"
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2006, 10:02:08 PM »

the band has grown, they know each other and they have great chemistry. and they just sound better now

rir5 was historic!

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
Janabis
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2006, 10:02:29 PM »

I thought it was the weakest performance I've seen from the new band so far (and I've been to 4 shows and listened to every bootleg). A couple songs sounded great, Nightrain especially, but Axl is sounding just like he did in 2002, and some songs, like Better, had absolutely terrible vocals. I'm not just talking about the mixing problems either. Also, this is probably the shortest set the new band has played aside from the acoustic gig, is it not? The solos all sounded fine, but having every member of the band perform a solo is fucking boring. Especially when you're cutting a whole bunch of songs out of the set!

I don't know. I think the solos differentiate it from RIR3. Otherwise it'd be basically the same. I just can't wait till CD comes out so they can play new songs live.

The difference between RIR 3 and RIR 5 is that they played way more songs last time and even debuted a new one (Madagascar), so basically we've traded a few new tracks for a few guitar/drum solos. Playing the same festival again without putting out new material was kind of retarded.
Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2006, 10:03:48 PM »

which was the better show? i say RIR5 all the way!!! awesome stuff!!! Grin

Do you people smoke crack? ?I am in utter disbelief and shock at how fucking bad that show was........

I want to puke
Your IP is the same as Swingtraders yes

rofl rofl

Some people  Roll Eyes

@#$%Funker
gnrbr
Rocker

Everywhere i go i c ya

« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2006, 10:04:05 PM »

RIR 3.
It might not mean a lot to you guys, but for us, it means a helluva lot. Robin sang a brazilian song, the Carnival thingy (it sucked, but Axl did try.......), Beta's translations and all.

yeah, i agree with mandy. she is right. rir3 was the best for me. i went to the show and axl was more talkative. Brazilians homages are unforgettable so.. sorry guys, point for rir3 ok
« Last Edit: May 27, 2006, 10:06:40 PM by gnrbr » Logged
jimb0
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2006, 10:05:15 PM »

The last four songs owned. Axl sounded great and by then the mixing was fixed.  RIR 5.  I'm yet to listen to the whole thing.

RIR3 Had more hype but RIR 5 had better rasp.
ARC
VIP

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2006, 10:09:28 PM »

Ha. Stupid question.

RIR5 by a long way. If you can't tell how much better this band is now than back then, you are an ass.

If it wasn't for the worst sound mix EVER, this show would have been phenomenal.
Bostonrose
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2006, 10:09:49 PM »

Dude the crowd was standing around during night train.... no

"I never wanted you to be so full of anger, I never wanted you to be somebody else"
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2006, 10:16:11 PM »

The band might have been a whole lot better, but they only played 3 songs that werent played 5 years ago.
ARC
VIP

« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2006, 10:16:57 PM »

It was a festival. It was 2am. These people have been awake on their feet for probably nearly 20 hours. And you want them to start mosh pits...? Gimme a break.
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2006, 10:19:38 PM »

It was a festival. It was 2am. These people have been awake on their feet for probably nearly 20 hours. And you want them to start mosh pits...? Gimme a break.

Do you remember Rock in Rio 3?
ARC
VIP

« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2006, 10:22:59 PM »

Yeah I do.

And if we are talking about "Nightrain" then tonights version sounded about one million times better than it did then. If the crowd didn't appreciate this then thats their problem! I appreciated it.
NiGhTrAiN?
Headliner

Where's my Geritol? I need some Ensure

« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2006, 10:26:56 PM »

RIR 3.

Too much olive on their heads Tongue
That crowd didn't deserve a GnR gig what a bunch of fuckin wankers
didnt even chant for Paradise City
gnrbr
Rocker

Everywhere i go i c ya

« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2006, 10:27:02 PM »

yes, i was there and i couldnt stop jumping peace
i remember i yelled a lot too and on the day after i had no voice ok
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2006, 10:27:35 PM »

Yeah I do.

And if we are talking about "Nightrain" then tonights version sounded about one million times better than it did then. If the crowd didn't appreciate this then thats their problem! I appreciated it.

Are we changing the subject? Because I thought we were talking about the crowd here.......
I wasn't comparing the versions, but the crowd in RIR 3 and RIR 5. I mean, it's not even fair to compare them, because RIR 5 was absolutely dead.
plasmabeam
Rocker

"There livin' fast and they'll die young!"

« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2006, 10:28:53 PM »

RIR5 owned... even though the sound mixing was horrible, it was amazing...

Agreed. And Nightrain was just plain awesome.

I've worked too hard for my illusions
Just to throw them all away
ARC
VIP

« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2006, 10:33:32 PM »

Yeah I do.

Are we changing the subject? Because I thought we were talking about the crowd here.......
I wasn't comparing the versions, but the crowd in RIR 3 and RIR 5. I mean, it's not even fair to compare them, because RIR 5 was absolutely dead.

Stop being so pretentious. You were NOT there. You watched a fuzzy feed on your computer screen, listening to a shitty mix.

Just because the crowd were not moshing around like freakin' cavemen doesn't mean they did not enjoy it. And judging by the ovation GNR got, the crowd tonight loved every minute.
Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #39 on: May 27, 2006, 10:37:19 PM »

I'd love to know how you evaluate the reaction of the crowd from that web cast.

You could hardly hear due to the mix for a start. You can tell this because when it was there turn to sing, the crowd volume seemed to suddenly be pushed up in the mix and you could hear them loud and clear.

I couldn't see fuck all of how the crowd were enjoying it.

@#$%Funker
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: