Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 05, 2024, 03:03:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228153 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  RIR3 vs. RIR5
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: RIR3 vs. RIR5  (Read 10513 times)
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #80 on: May 28, 2006, 08:50:15 AM »

Ohh! lol
Ok. Thanks  ok
kockstar999
Banned
Rocker

Ladies and Gentlemen, Mr Kevin Federline!!

« Reply #81 on: May 28, 2006, 08:52:22 AM »

it was the same show... same songs.. almost the same order... same open with WTTJ.. Close with PC... blues, NR... same show.. same shit.. nothing new or different...
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #82 on: May 28, 2006, 09:16:22 AM »

For me, RIR5 was much better. Paradise City was the best performance of the night. What a performace that was!!! You Could Be Mine was great too. The only thing is that Chinese Democracy and Madagascar weren't played and there's too many solos for my liking. Sad  But overall RIR5 was fantastic!!!! beer

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #83 on: May 28, 2006, 09:19:36 AM »

For me, RIR5 was much better. Paradise City was the best performance of the night. What a performace that was!!! You Could Be Mine was great too. The only thing is that Chinese Democracy and Madagascar weren't played and there's too many solos for my liking. Sad? But overall RIR5 was fantastic!!!! beer

Oh, was it?
Glad to know  beer

Didn't pay much attention to Paradise City, I was too busy whining because they didn't play TWAT and Chinese Democracy.
Bostonrose
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #84 on: May 28, 2006, 09:19:39 AM »

Slash at 19 years old was a better player than Robin.? That's FACT.? We need Richard to take the lead.

yeah, but the hardcore "17" year old fans ?would take Finck over slash anyday..

you are negative, ?this band will TAKE THE WORLD BY STORM, GNR ARE BACK AND BETTER THAN EVER...

I wrote that in all caps to prove I was really pumped up ?rofl

"I never wanted you to be so full of anger, I never wanted you to be somebody else"
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #85 on: May 28, 2006, 09:25:54 AM »

people are getting so critical

and they tend to forget that a show is NOT only about the technical quality, the sound, the way axl sounded ... it's a package
the stage, the lights, the outfits, the "fact that they played"
it's the patience
the wait
the fact that people all over the world were online watchin it
the fact that we were waiting, and it was exciting

people need to stop complaining like bitches.
enjoy.

Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #86 on: May 28, 2006, 09:27:24 AM »

For me, RIR5 was much better. Paradise City was the best performance of the night. What a performace that was!!! You Could Be Mine was great too. The only thing is that Chinese Democracy and Madagascar weren't played and there's too many solos for my liking. Sad  But overall RIR5 was fantastic!!!! beer

Oh, was it?
Glad to know  beer

Didn't pay much attention to Paradise City, I was too busy whining because they didn't play TWAT and Chinese Democracy.

Oh yeah, Paradise City was really good. yes

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #87 on: May 28, 2006, 09:56:15 AM »

it's so easy, easy haha

RIR5
shaun
« Reply #88 on: May 28, 2006, 12:35:38 PM »

Dude the crowd was standing around during night train.... no

It was a festival. It was 2am. These people have been awake on their feet for probably nearly 20 hours. And you want them to start mosh pits...? Gimme a break.

I sleept outside the RIR3 2 days
I heard the REM, Foo Fighters from outside...
9:00 am we already in line... we got in inside around 1:00 pm ... since then I think I just "relax" on the ground for 45 minutes till the end of the show... (they started to play in 1:00 am from the next day If I?m not wrong)... and I did jump and scream the whole show ...  hihi beer

now that's being a fan! Grin

beer

but the GNR at RIR5 was FANTASTIC, a KICK IN THE NUTS TO ALL THE HATERS!! Someone starts to upload some videos from the show and let?s spread to all the people see how much Axl and GNR are huge!

I want to see video evidence of this killer version of Nightrain. Want to compare it to the version played at RIR3 when Buckethead did some amazing stuff on the track and brought some respect to himself from the fans.

Maybe Nightrain just so happens to be one of the few old GnR tracks that lends it'self to the art of shredding  ok
bumblerocks
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #89 on: May 28, 2006, 12:39:54 PM »

Dude the crowd was standing around during night train.... no

It was a festival. It was 2am. These people have been awake on their feet for probably nearly 20 hours. And you want them to start mosh pits...? Gimme a break.

I sleept outside the RIR3 2 days
I heard the REM, Foo Fighters from outside...
9:00 am we already in line... we got in inside around 1:00 pm ... since then I think I just "relax" on the ground for 45 minutes till the end of the show... (they started to play in 1:00 am from the next day If I?m not wrong)... and I did jump and scream the whole show ...? hihi beer

now that's being a fan! Grin

beer

but the GNR at RIR5 was FANTASTIC, a KICK IN THE NUTS TO ALL THE HATERS!! Someone starts to upload some videos from the show and let?s spread to all the people see how much Axl and GNR are huge!

I want to see video evidence of this killer version of Nightrain. Want to compare it to the version played at RIR3 when Buckethead did some amazing stuff on the track and brought some respect to himself from the fans.

Maybe Nightrain just so happens to be one of the few old GnR tracks that lends it'self to the art of shredding? ok

yeah upload the video to youtube, i wanna show it to my family! Grin i saw the show on live stream last night though, and trust me, as hard as it may be to believe, this new version of nightrain with bumblefoot actually surpasses what buckethead did at rio! ok
shaun
« Reply #90 on: May 28, 2006, 12:42:25 PM »

Here's RIR3 Night Train (for all those that missed it):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHcLJ2A1QHM&search=guns%20roses%20night%20train
check out Buckethead's efforts  ok
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #91 on: May 28, 2006, 12:46:08 PM »

there?s only one thing on which RiR3 was better than RiR5.....   

.... Axl?s hair. rofl

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #92 on: May 28, 2006, 12:58:19 PM »

check out Buckethead's efforts? ok

Watch Brain. He was a big nobody back then.

Now he's all skilled and everything.
bumblerocks
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #93 on: May 28, 2006, 01:00:25 PM »

check out Buckethead's efforts? ok

Watch Brain. He was a big nobody back then.

Now he's all skilled and everything.

lmfao, brain's been one of the best drummers around for years, get a clue... Roll Eyes
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #94 on: May 28, 2006, 01:08:41 PM »

Maybe, but he wasn't really good in RIR 3.
He was awful during You Could Be Mine. Yesterday You Could Be Mine blew me away.

Perhaps they should've rehearsed more for RIR 3.
Jude
Rocker

« Reply #95 on: May 28, 2006, 01:13:27 PM »

RIR5, TOTALLY!

monkeychow
VIP

How's that for provocation?

« Reply #96 on: May 28, 2006, 01:21:58 PM »

Pretty sad when you think after 5 years all we have to show for the time is the few new ones we have. I really hope CD is on the horizon, because this was the absolute last time they can play this type of festival and just rehash what's already been done to this extent.

I agreed with this for a second when i read it but then I thought like hell - if i could write 2-3 songs that were as cool as the new songs in 5 years - i'd be happy with myself!! LOL maybe i just hate my own creative works too much LOL.

I agree the wait is tough for us fans - but i'm glad the new stuff has been good. I'd rather wait 10 years for the best stuff than get a crappy album that wasn't ready or had weak songs. And all the more so given the lineup change and everything.

Anyway - I too hope CD will come soon - but I disagree that GNR *have* to release it or be unable to tour. I think its just the perception would change. You know - like if they release CD then do tours then do another album then their like an active modern band. If they just tour the old stuff endlessly then i think they'd move onto being seen as more of a classic rock act. I'm not sure but i'd say bands like Ac/Dc and Rolling Stones are capiable of touring without new material - as people expect the show to be filled up with the classics. GNR have so many long songs, and enough well known stuff, that they could easily just resurface every few years - pull off a classic hits fest then vanish. It would be odd given its not the band that performed on those albums, but its possible.

thankfully, I dont think axl has the intention of doing that, from what i've gahered of his artistic nature from interviews, it would seem he is all about the new works, and about keeping things "real" and "authentic" for want of a better term. Like i can't see him wanting to turn GNR into that.

From what i've seen it looks like RIR5 is cool - but the mix is fucked. We need the RIR3 quality mix on the RIR5 show! LOL

tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #97 on: May 28, 2006, 01:22:20 PM »

Rio '06 was way better than Rio '01.
monkeychow
VIP

How's that for provocation?

« Reply #98 on: May 28, 2006, 02:04:44 PM »

Maybe Nightrain just so happens to be one of the few old GnR tracks that lends it'self to the art of shredding  ok

I think thats true, i'm told the outro is very modal - and shredding is all about the modes right? or not. Theory aint my thing.
guscouto
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #99 on: May 28, 2006, 02:41:30 PM »

Let me see ...

Rock in Rio 3 was one of the most important Guns N' Roses shows. It was the return of GN'R !! There were 200.000 in the crowd, including myself! It was incredible ...

Rock in Rio 5... the band sounds better ... Axl sounds better ... we have new songs ... but no "new old" songs ... it was a great show, but the set was too short... No Madagascar, TWAT, Chinese Democracy, My Michelle, or Think About You ?? Come on!! One of them please!! And at the begginig i thought i was at a Rick Wakeman show ... i could only hear the keybords !! Ok, RIR3 had a bad sound, but at least i could hear the solos ...

My final opinion: Rio 3 ... but this one was really great too ...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: