Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 05, 2024, 02:40:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228153 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  RIR3 vs. RIR5
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: RIR3 vs. RIR5  (Read 10510 times)
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #60 on: May 28, 2006, 12:34:31 AM »

The crowd was great.

I was there. I don?t get how you can judge a crowd from a webcast...

.....especially a web cast where the sound was clearly not right.? I honestly don't know how us internet viewers can say the show was good OR bad...we really didn't hear it the way those in attendance did.? everysong up through NR was messed up due to the poor sound on the stream.? They did finish up strong though when the web stream FINALLY got fixed.? Really a shame that some people might think thats how they really sound when you see them live.? I'd be really really pissed if I was a member of the band right now.

For the last time......AOL did not screw up the show......if they did? every other band would sound like shit.

The darkness sounded like shit to me when I was listening.? Dude, give it up, you're boring as hell.

Do you HONESTLY mean to tell me that GNR deliberately put Dizzys bongos and Pittmans synths on a higher volume then the rest of the band?? How dumb are you?? Really.

Yes, that's exactly what I mean ? Roll Eyes

I mean the sound sucked..

I keep saying it cause no one understand what I mean, I am not attacking Axl, ?I didn't enjoy the show I am glad you all did! ?peace

I understand, BUT I WAS THERE AND YOU WERE WATCHING A WEBCAST.

So take it for what it?s worth (to you), but their sound was awesome.

The Dog
Legend

« Reply #61 on: May 28, 2006, 12:37:22 AM »

The crowd was great.

.....especially a web cast where the sound was clearly not right.  I honestly don't know how us internet viewers can say the show was good OR bad...we really didn't hear it the way those in attendance did.  everysong up through NR was messed up due to the poor sound on the stream.  They did finish up strong though when the web stream FINALLY got fixed.  Really a shame that some people might think thats how they really sound when you see them live.  I'd be really really pissed if I was a member of the band right now.

For the last time......AOL did not screw up the show......if they did  every other band would sound like shit.

The darkness sounded like shit to me when I was listening.  Dude, give it up, you're boring as hell.

Do you HONESTLY mean to tell me that GNR deliberately put Dizzys bongos and Pittmans synths on a higher volume then the rest of the band?  How dumb are you?  Really.

Yes, that's exactly what I mean   Roll Eyes

I mean the sound sucked..

I keep saying it cause no one understand what I mean, I am not attacking Axl,  I didn't enjoy the show I am glad you all did!  peace

So BostonRose, here you have an eyewitness acount of the show/sound and you STILL want to insist it wasn't the stream but the actual sound of the show?  I agree, it didn't sound good on the webcast at all for most of the show, but if you REALLY think it wasn't AOL and thats how it sounded live, even after Christos is saying HE WAS THERE and the sound was great, then you are just spouting nonsense and are obviously one of those people who just wants to see Axl and the new guys fail.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
SLCPUNK
« Reply #62 on: May 28, 2006, 12:40:44 AM »

For Chrissake, it is all relative. Is there any more to discuss?

Do you really think you are going to convince anybody is sucked?
Bostonrose
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #63 on: May 28, 2006, 12:43:51 AM »

So BostonRose, here you have an eyewitness acount of the show/sound and you STILL want to insist it wasn't the stream but the actual sound of the show?? I agree, it didn't sound good on the webcast at all for most of the show, but if you REALLY think it wasn't AOL and thats how it sounded live, even after Christos is saying HE WAS THERE and the sound was great, then you are just spouting nonsense and are obviously one of those people who just wants to see Axl and the new guys fail.

Ok,  I stand corrected the sound at the show was great, I still didn't like the show  minus the sound
I though it lacked energy, creativity (lack of a new set list), and bad solo's from Robin,.

I didn;t drive 4 hours to New York on the 17th to see them fail

"I never wanted you to be so full of anger, I never wanted you to be somebody else"
bumblerocks
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #64 on: May 28, 2006, 12:45:33 AM »

The crowd was great.

.....especially a web cast where the sound was clearly not right.? I honestly don't know how us internet viewers can say the show was good OR bad...we really didn't hear it the way those in attendance did.? everysong up through NR was messed up due to the poor sound on the stream.? They did finish up strong though when the web stream FINALLY got fixed.? Really a shame that some people might think thats how they really sound when you see them live.? I'd be really really pissed if I was a member of the band right now.

For the last time......AOL did not screw up the show......if they did? every other band would sound like shit.

you clearly lack a proper brain or something, stop your hating before you die of a heart attack you pathetic little fuck.
Bostonrose
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #65 on: May 28, 2006, 12:48:44 AM »

If I were to call you a nasty name I get banned, but you are kissing Axl's behind so it is ok to insult.....

"I never wanted you to be so full of anger, I never wanted you to be somebody else"
axlsalinger
Rocker

All I got, is precious time...

« Reply #66 on: May 28, 2006, 01:22:49 AM »

Seriously, at least watch some clips of the show once they're available with a proper audio mix, and if you still hate it then at least you will be posting an honest thought, unlike this nonsense you keep repeating tonight. Anyone else on Earth who listened to that broadcast will tell you there were problems with the audio mix.

Listen to the clip of "Better" that was posted, and tell me if you can hear the guitars or Axl. You can barely hear Axl, and the guitars are virtually inaudible. Everything is drowned out by the keyboards. But you would at least agree there were 3 guitarists playing, right? Then watch or listen to You Could Be Mine which was mixed properly, really fucking loud.

When all is said and done,
We're not the only ones,
Who look at life this way
Olorin
« Reply #67 on: May 28, 2006, 04:16:31 AM »

Welcome to the jungle at rio 3 was pretty incredible, madagascar made me fall in love with the new band, Rio 3 was very special.
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #68 on: May 28, 2006, 04:18:36 AM »

Ive only heard Better and BBF's Dont Cry solo

A poor mix, BBFs solo was very Hendrixy and quite tasteful (the earlier part of it is a mess)

I still prefer BH.

Axl sounded like live Axl of late, slightley better than 02, more rasp, but in fairness, still fairly choppy stuff

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
mega_music
VIP

Chinese Democracy Is Coming Some Day!!!

« Reply #69 on: May 28, 2006, 04:20:18 AM »

which was the better show? i say RIR5 all the way!!! awesome stuff!!! Grin

Do you people smoke crack?  I am in utter disbelief and shock at how fucking bad that show was........

I want to puke
Go puke and maybe it'd free the board up from your neagativity of this band!
RIR5 without a doubt, RIR3 it was great to have them back performing, but RIR5 they sounded amazing, and are really starting to mesh!

Chinese Democracy is Coming Someday
-Trevor-
DemocracyRose
« Reply #70 on: May 28, 2006, 04:24:39 AM »

I saw it on the webcast and think it was pretty good...

But im looking forward to listen to some bootlegs from people who record this concert from the television...

I cant say which performing who was the best before i have heard more...
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #71 on: May 28, 2006, 04:25:03 AM »

RIR3 on Axl's speeches alone and the kick ass Madagascar version. this show would've been better than TWAT and Madagas been played
aramelus
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #72 on: May 28, 2006, 04:30:21 AM »

I think they ran out of time, and were told to stop. Paradise City seemed to come on too abruptly.
Now they're showing the darkness again, the sound is also totally butchered there, really no good job from AOL.
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #73 on: May 28, 2006, 07:14:43 AM »

guys i was at the concert and watching the recording now, seems like a different show! the band sounded great! and Axl's Voice was amazing, everyone there was so into it and really surprised by how good it was! the mix on the stream and on TV was awful god knows why, but the concert was much better that RIR3, it was possibly their besst show ever. it's just hard to see that if u'r only basing your opinions on that shitty recording they did.

Chinese Democracy!
darkmonth
« Reply #74 on: May 28, 2006, 07:51:37 AM »

Ok... yes, sound wise, I agree, that was 90% AOL's fault ... but you KNOW and you MUST ADMIT, that Robin butchered some long loved solo's ... no... he didn't change or improvise... that's ok, sometimes he tried to... but what I'm talking about is when he went off key, and hit the wrong notes, TIME AFTER TIME AFTER TIME...

Then Richard Fortus, the primarily Rhythm Guitar player, comes on stage, does a solo spot... and wipes EVERY fucking note of Robin's guitar playing, on the floor...  why the FUCK is Bumblefoot there... and why the fuck is Robin lead?

I'm a guitar player ... I can tell you now, based on what I saw of Richard's solo peice... he can shred .. and I mean SHRED... he is easily able to pull of the fast lines BH used to (BH is in fact, actually pretty slow compared to someone like ... oh, say, Herman Lee from Dragonforce)....

and Richard is a soulful player if he wants to be ... so Robin and Bumblefoot are useless in the roles they're in.

Richard needs to get more of a look in ...

I tell you what I think happened....  Robin was in the band ... as lead.  Richard joins a few years later ... he's MUCH better than Robin, but Axl, being friends with Robin, hasn't the heart to tell him that he's relegated to rhythm duties.  So that's how it is. Smiley  Slash at 19 years old was a better player than Robin.  That's FACT.  We need Richard to take the lead.
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #75 on: May 28, 2006, 08:13:01 AM »

Ok... yes, sound wise, I agree, that was 90% AOL's fault ... but you KNOW and you MUST ADMIT, that Robin butchered some long loved solo's ... no... he didn't change or improvise... that's ok, sometimes he tried to... but what I'm talking about is when he went off key, and hit the wrong notes, TIME AFTER TIME AFTER TIME...

Then Richard Fortus, the primarily Rhythm Guitar player, comes on stage, does a solo spot... and wipes EVERY fucking note of Robin's guitar playing, on the floor...  why the FUCK is Bumblefoot there... and why the fuck is Robin lead?

I'm a guitar player ... I can tell you now, based on what I saw of Richard's solo peice... he can shred .. and I mean SHRED... he is easily able to pull of the fast lines BH used to (BH is in fact, actually pretty slow compared to someone like ... oh, say, Herman Lee from Dragonforce)....

and Richard is a soulful player if he wants to be ... so Robin and Bumblefoot are useless in the roles they're in.

I tell you what I think happened....  Robin was in the band ... as lead.  Richard joins a few years later ... he's MUCH better than Robin, but Axl, being friends with Robin, hasn't the heart to tell him that he's relegated to rhythm duties.  So that's how it is. Smiley  Slash at 19 years old was a better player than Robin.  That's FACT.  We need Richard to take the lead.

it`s your opinion.....

let axl decide on who`s taking the lead and whatever hihi

the solos robin wrote himself are simply AWESOME. bumblefoot kicked the shit out of nightrain and you could be mine, i think he`s a great guitarist. richard should play more lead though. his little shred solo really showed what the guy`s able to do ok

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #76 on: May 28, 2006, 08:22:00 AM »

Then Richard Fortus, the primarily Rhythm Guitar player, comes on stage, does a solo spot... and wipes EVERY fucking note of Robin's guitar playing, on the floor...? why the FUCK is Bumblefoot there... and why the fuck is Robin lead?

I tell you what I think happened....? Robin was in the band ... as lead.? Richard joins a few years later ... he's MUCH better than Robin, but Axl, being friends with Robin, hasn't the heart to tell him that he's relegated to rhythm duties.? So that's how it is. Smiley? Slash at 19 years old was a better player than Robin.? That's FACT.? We need Richard to take the lead.

Speaking for yourself dude, We don't need anything.

Some people will never be happy.  Roll Eyes

@#$%Funker
bumblerocks
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #77 on: May 28, 2006, 08:42:15 AM »

guys i was at the concert and watching the recording now, seems like a different show! the band sounded great! and Axl's Voice was amazing, everyone there was so into it and really surprised by how good it was! the mix on the stream and on TV was awful god knows why, but the concert was much better that RIR3, it was possibly their besst show ever. it's just hard to see that if u'r only basing your opinions on that shitty recording they did.

glad to hear it sounded awesome in the crowd, i enjoyed the show very much from the live feed as well. beer
quick question: if the sound from the live stream was bad at times, will the dvd be better? Huh
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #78 on: May 28, 2006, 08:47:07 AM »

quick question: if the sound from the live stream was bad at times, will the dvd be better? Huh

Is there gonna be a DVD?
bumblerocks
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #79 on: May 28, 2006, 08:48:35 AM »

Is there gonna be a DVD?

i mean the ones people make which are TV recordings and not internet stream. ok
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: