Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 27, 2024, 10:19:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228522 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Farewell & Rebirth
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Farewell & Rebirth  (Read 5337 times)
wells
VIP

!!

« on: May 26, 2006, 04:38:44 AM »

I don't belive that there are many people that don't know that Guns that are coming to their town are not the Guns they once used to love. I think everyone knows asshole "axel" is the only member left and what they will see is "what they get". Both Sancturay/Geffen and Promoters needed some good promotion so they used kind of mix of old/new logo which I never thought was an official thing. Also all the rumours about reunion did bring some oil to the water. That is why I always reacted on reunion rumours. Around September it will finally come time for new Guns to live in all the glory. The real promotion, the real website, the real album and so on.

I am sure after this first leg of European tour (the second one is coming in Spring/Summer 2007) the Guns fan base will drastically go down (with some new fans coming over). But for me it is just a warm up tour. That's why probably Axl doesn't care. I am sure he will get through all this tour and shit for the band. For the people in the band. And they are having great time!

Seems CD is being mastered if no sooner then in August. I am sure Merck & Axl know what, when and where to do. And I am sure heading towards the end of the year there will be less and less "Where's Slash?" t-shirt and threads.

To all that still enjoy the music, feel some emotions and have goose bumps when new Guns hit (or are late to) the stage I wish a pleasant and enjoyfull flight with this new Guns airlines.

And to the others... farewell. Farewell to the old fan base that is/will stop supporting new Guns. Farewell to all the press and critics that are "objective" in their own small worlds (although some criticism is always good). Farewell to Slash, Duff, Steven, Matt and whoever... farewell to the old Guns. I wish you personally all the best. Be true to yourselves and live your lifes. I know you feed yourself on some of this shit, but please find new ways of "surviving"...

TO THE NEW GUNS: Enjoy and always know that this is like rebirth. Many will go away, but no harm will be done. Smaller fanbase is always more loyal and cheerful. Nothing can stop us from criticizing when there are things to criticize for. I am sure you all are clever enough to put the unnecessary shit behind and to improve things that you think needs to be improved. I am sure we'll all enjoy the coming moments, months, years and life time...
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2006, 04:48:48 AM »

Brilliant.

For those who ask ''where is slash'' my reply is:

-He is in Velvet Revolver.
-But that band sucks!!!
-not my problem, that's where Slash is.

The ''where's Slash'' argument could have sense if Slash had retired from music or if he had died/dissapeared. But since he is NOW on a band (mediocre, but still a band) doing music (mediocre, but still music) the pathetic ''where's Slash'' argument has no sense.

Axl Rose is showing the world that he doesn't need Slash anymore. Slash is nothing without Axl. Velvet Revolver is the explanation.

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
SWINGTRADER
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2006, 04:55:08 AM »

He needs to make an announcement soon regarding his record  or else this tour is going to be in big trouible.  This tour has already got off to a terrible start.   People in Spain that attended the show  are just getting up  , that is why this place has been quiet.   Buit once they make their way to this board it is not going to be pretty.  People that attended the shows are pissed off .  I have spoken with some People at some Spanish boards ( I speakl spanish)  and they are not happy.   Pretty much what everyone is saying is the show was "boring"  too many solos from people they don't even know nor care about. Tehy went to the show to see Axl and listen to the classics   and have a good time. Not to stand  around  with their arms folded.    I am just reporting what many Spanish people have said to me.
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2006, 04:57:18 AM »

could you give me some links to those spanish forums you mentioned? I do not know many spanish GNR forums.

thanks in advance

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2006, 05:17:14 AM »

Axl Rose is showing the world that he doesn't need Slash anymore. Slash is nothing without Axl. Velvet Revolver is the explanation.

they brought out the best in each other it's that simple, axl pushed slash to do the ballads which ended up being some of his best work, and slash gave axl the emotive guitar playing he needed to make those songs so powerfull.

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
Rainfox
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2006, 05:21:38 AM »

Funny.  Real funny.  Reports are coming in that the crowd were way into it!  And other reports say the opposite.

Think people are making a big deal of.. nothing.  The band played flawlessly and energetically, Axl sounded GREAT and they rocked for 2? hours and the crowd chanted along.... Boring?  Hardly.

The two hour delay? Technical problems.

Hm...

peace

RF
Damir [#]
Opening Act

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2006, 05:35:53 AM »

I don't think old fans will say "farewell" to GN'R.
If they wanted so, they would do that 10 years ago.

And for "Where is Slash" T-shirts - they will probaply plague newGN'R for the rest of their career.

Or at least when comes a time where they will be playing 15 new song and only 2-3 old song...

hmwa, hmwa
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2006, 05:53:47 AM »

Or at least when comes a time where they will be playing 15 new song and only 2-3 old song...

soon Wink... I am sure things will change with a star of US Tour in Fall.
Schwarzgold
VIP

KAWUGI!

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2006, 05:57:07 AM »

soon Wink... I am sure things will change with a star of US Tour in Fall.

That's great. So we Europeans get the old left-overs and the Americans the fresh food?  rant

hihi

Restraint is for suckers.
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2006, 06:01:45 AM »

That's great. So we Europeans get the old left-overs and the Americans the fresh food?  rant

hihi

Fresh meat is coming to Europe next year. hihi
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2006, 06:02:52 AM »

I don't belive that there are many people that don't know that Guns that are coming to their town are not the Guns they once used to love. I think everyone knows asshole "axel" is the only member left and what they will see is "what they get".

The day before the sale for the Hammersmith shows started here in London, I was in Product Design and asked my teacher if he knew they were coming back to London (I had heard he likes Gn'R). He didn't know about the gig, and he wanted to get tickets. So I opened HTGTH's main page to look for the phone number, and as soon as he read the part where it says "Last time they performed at the indoor venue was during their 'Appetite For Destruction' tour under G N'R's original line-up in 1987", he said: "Isn't this the original line-up?" "Erm.. no". I wanted to ask him "Are you sure we live in the same planet?", but I just gave him a no. The other Product Design teacher who was right behind us said: "Nah, this is only Axl and some other guys". So as soon as he found out the original line-up was over, he gave up on the tickets.
I would've stayed there and argued with those dumbfucks, but I know that I would just end up telling them to fuck off, and I wasn't keen on the idea of getting into trouble on our last school day. So I just walked out of the room.
Big Gun
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2006, 06:35:31 AM »

Hey Mandy...people have progressed, since GNR broke up in mid 90's.? i and lots of people i know that were GNR fans back in the day, have all their albums, forgot about them(moved on). 10+ years is long time to hold your breath. ppl that experienced GNR in 80s n 90s have grown up have kids now, so please dont call people dumbfucks for living their lives. dont forget that it was them that let the fans down not the other way around.?not all people that like GNR music live in GNR planet. most folks here should enjoy other pleasures in life. ?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2006, 08:54:13 AM by Big Willie » Logged

Please don?t put your life in the hands
Of a rock and roll band
And throw it all away
.Seal
Rocker

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2006, 06:51:27 AM »

people have moved on, since GNR broke up in mid 90's.  i and lots of people i know that were GNR fans back in the day, have all their albums, forgot about them. 10+ years is long time to hold your breath. ppl that experienced GNR in 80s n 90s have grown up have kids now, so please dont call people dumbfucks for living their lives. dont forget that it was them that let the fans down not the other way around. not all people that like GNRs music live in GNR planet. most folks here should enjoy other pleasures in life. 
Yes but the fact that Slash left GN'R was propably one of the most shocking news back then in the rock music area..

050706, GN'R in Helsinki, Finland.
060706, GN'R in Helsinki, Finland.
050610, GN'R in Helsinki, Finland.
180816, GN'R in LA, CA.
190816, GN'R in LA, CA.
Gargh!
Rocker

Danny Cockroach

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2006, 07:52:38 AM »

But that was a decade ago, which is a long time in musical terms.

Welcome to the ZooFarm: www.myspace.com/dannycockrach

Please check us out and leave us some feedback.  If you live near us, it'd be great to see you at a show or something.  Rock on!
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2006, 05:05:24 PM »

Well I just wanted to be polite and wish all the best to all that are off the plane. It is really very f. funny how some board members are, all the time,  telling the new Guns what to do. How about: Axl should come out at 6PM, sit on the monitor and count, wave and take picture with every single fan that enteres the show?!?... anyhow, hope to hear him tonight at ET. Good night!
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2006, 07:54:54 PM »

Brilliant.

-But that band sucks!!!

The ''where's Slash'' argument could have sense if Slash had retired from music or if he had died/dissapeared. But since he is NOW on a band (mediocre, but still a band) doing music (mediocre, but still music) the pathetic ''where's Slash'' argument has no sense.

a very mediocre post, but still a post. ok
and of course, the pathetic "Slash is nothing without Axl" comment had to be in it as well. Grin

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
irgspice
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2006, 09:50:06 PM »

I don't belive that there are many people that don't know that Guns that are coming to their town are not the Guns they once used to love. I think everyone knows asshole "axel" is the only member left and what they will see is "what they get". Both Sancturay/Geffen and Promoters needed some good promotion so they used kind of mix of old/new logo which I never thought was an official thing. Also all the rumours about reunion did bring some oil to the water. That is why I always reacted on reunion rumours. Around September it will finally come time for new Guns to live in all the glory. The real promotion, the real website, the real album and so on.

I am sure after this first leg of European tour (the second one is coming in Spring/Summer 2007) the Guns fan base will drastically go down (with some new fans coming over). But for me it is just a warm up tour. That's why probably Axl doesn't care. I am sure he will get through all this tour and shit for the band. For the people in the band. And they are having great time!

Seems CD is being mastered if no sooner then in August. I am sure Merck & Axl know what, when and where to do. And I am sure heading towards the end of the year there will be less and less "Where's Slash?" t-shirt and threads.

To all that still enjoy the music, feel some emotions and have goose bumps when new Guns hit (or are late to) the stage I wish a pleasant and enjoyfull flight with this new Guns airlines.

And to the others... farewell. Farewell to the old fan base that is/will stop supporting new Guns. Farewell to all the press and critics that are "objective" in their own small worlds (although some criticism is always good). Farewell to Slash, Duff, Steven, Matt and whoever... farewell to the old Guns. I wish you personally all the best. Be true to yourselves and live your lifes. I know you feed yourself on some of this shit, but please find new ways of "surviving"...

TO THE NEW GUNS: Enjoy and always know that this is like rebirth. Many will go away, but no harm will be done. Smaller fanbase is always more loyal and cheerful. Nothing can stop us from criticizing when there are things to criticize for. I am sure you all are clever enough to put the unnecessary shit behind and to improve things that you think needs to be improved. I am sure we'll all enjoy the coming moments, months, years and life time...

Thanks, dude.  That was a wonderful post. I feel a little queer about it, but it was cool.

Parabola
Headliner

Here Today... Gone to Axl's

« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2006, 01:50:38 PM »

I wonder of all the new and so called loyal fans what is there age group?Huh How old were they in 1991???
doubletalking
Opening Act

VOLBEAT.DK The strength - The sound - The songs

« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2006, 03:06:22 PM »

Brilliant.

-But that band sucks!!!

And actually Axl is the wrong guy to ask that question - He haven?t spoken to the man in several years   Grin
smeagol2124
Rocker

I will not go quietly

« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2006, 03:16:34 PM »

I'll answer you Parabola.  I'm 32,  I first saw GNR in 1987.  This new band beats the living hell out of any other version.  I feel like I can speak to this, as I have seen 16 GNR shows over the last 19 years, every incarnation possible since 87.

I long for the day when there are no more then 4 appetite songs included in the setlist.  It will be the best for all involved.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: