Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 11:24:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl's view of foreign fans
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl's view of foreign fans  (Read 5512 times)
SWINGTRADER
VIP

Here Today...

« on: May 26, 2006, 03:21:31 AM »

I think it's funny how Axl referred to the foreign fans as more understanding and accepting of this band on the Eddie Trunk show.But  the first show  on foreign soil  and he gets crucified lol. Terrible mean spirited reviews and the crowd insulting him( fat, botox egomaniac curse words) and calling for Slash.  I find it ironic how the American shows went  great with positive reviews and a lot of love from the fans  but on  the first show of the Euro tour  it was  the total opposite.   I hope this doesn't continue  or else Axl might change his views regarding his Euro fans.  I hope Portugal  responds better.
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2006, 03:23:13 AM »

Wonder how these concerts would be received in other parts of the USA?
hackvresse
Rocker

I'm God

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2006, 03:23:25 AM »

you need to understand that people waited for hours...just because Axl didnt feel right already or something.

maybe we'd be better off without you anyway
Poof!
Rocker

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2006, 03:25:35 AM »

You also need to understand that the N.Y. shows were small intimate shows in comparison, with an audience made of probably 95% hardcore fans.
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2006, 04:54:21 AM »

at hammerstein, only the real die hards attended to the shows, that's why it was very well received

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
Poof!
Rocker

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2006, 05:00:03 AM »

at hammerstein, only the real die hards attended to the shows, that's why it was very well received

There's an echo in here...  Wink
Origen
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2006, 05:09:33 AM »

It would be incredible ignorant if Axl judged the entire European fan basis from one Countries experience.

And I think this is overreacting abit.
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2006, 05:10:54 AM »

There's an echo in here...  Wink

sorry, didnt read all the posts Wink

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
Poof!
Rocker

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2006, 05:23:30 AM »

It would be incredible ignorant if Axl judged the entire European fan basis from one Countries experience.

And I think this is overreacting abit.

Absolutely. There's always gonna "Where's Slash" people at GN'R shows. At least for a long time to come. But 99.9% of the audience are still gonna be ecstatic about the show and drown out the few drunken people who shout stupid shit at the stage. And I have always said that hearing a brand new song for the first time (if you haven't heard the leaks), it's hard to make out the structure of the song. If Better had been a single, and people knew of it, they would've stuck around during it. I know people said after the Hammerstein shows that during the new songs is when people went to buy beer, so... It's just the way it is until people hear the new stuff on an album.

And, I'm sure Axl's laughing all the way to the bank with money from the ignorant fools who actually were stupid enough to spend money on a ticket just so they could shout "egomaniac" at the stage. Great accomplishment. ?ok

« Last Edit: May 26, 2006, 05:29:41 AM by Guns N' Neurosis » Logged
Poof!
Rocker

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2006, 05:24:03 AM »

There's an echo in here...? Wink

sorry, didnt read all the posts Wink

Hehe, no worries. Just kidding.  Smiley
Rainfox
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2006, 05:25:59 AM »

And how many "shouted"... Hm.  From what I've heard and received from attendees, when 'Jungle' hit, all was forgotten.

The "review" form that Spanish paper had Izzy Stradlin listed as the keyboardist for Chrissakes!

Guns played 2? hours and sounded amazing. Axl GREAT. And in good spirits. Would he be that if the crowd were as some have posted?  hardly.

RF
Damir [#]
Opening Act

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2006, 05:28:53 AM »

Welcome to the jungle, Axl.

Guys, you expected something else?

Situation is similar to 2002, only 3 new song played live, some new never- heard-before guy with a hand-shaped guitar in the band, and most important - no cd realesed.

You think all of the fans listened to Trunk interview, and downloaded shitty NY bootlegs?

Until something is actually officialy released, they will always be people bitching.

End of story.

hmwa, hmwa
holtzmn73
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2006, 08:30:05 AM »

Until something is actually officialy released, they will always be people bitching.

Trust me, even when CD is released people will still be bitching about something.
Shoco
VIP

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2006, 08:32:03 AM »

er when axls over here, we aint foreign fans, hes the foreigner
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2006, 08:33:15 AM »

You also need to understand that the N.Y. shows were small intimate shows in comparison, with an audience made of probably 95% hardcore fans.

no, I was there and was a diehard of the old band, not the new band

though I was very impressed by this version of the band and thought they were better than the 2002 version i saw boots of
Death Cube K
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2006, 08:33:49 AM »

The bitching will NEVER stop.

The core of the problem is that GNR shut down dead after 1993...normal people havent heard shit since then..

Suddenly its 2006 and people are still in 1993 modus..Im sure they will get quite a shock.

Even after 3 albums and members that have been there longer than Slash and Duff people will still bitch..
godiva
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2006, 08:40:17 AM »

Maybe we can all get some group therapy to get over our anger.

On topic: The press isn't too positive, but from I've heard of people who were there the show rocked. Now, the press writes whatever they need to write to sell more papers, and since I'm not Spanish I have no idea how reliable these papers are. GNR always was a band the press loves to hate, and showing up 2 hours late with a whole new line-up after a failed 2002 tour gives the press more ammunition. I will hold my judgement till Saturday night, so I can see for myself how much they suck / rock.
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2006, 09:04:44 AM »

Fuck the press. Most fans absolutely loved the show.

Even at Pukkelpop in 2002 people were shouting "Asshole! Asshole!" while we were waiting for the band. That's what you get when you have several thousands of people waiting for a band to show up. You can't control crowds.

Saul Isobel
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2006, 09:05:23 AM »

The bitching will NEVER stop.

The core of the problem is that GNR shut down dead after 1993...normal people havent heard shit since then..

Suddenly its 2006 and people are still in 1993 modus..Im sure they will get quite a shock.

Even after 3 albums and members that have been there longer than Slash and Duff people will still bitch..

That's right man - so YOU better get used to it. Once you've had a ferarri why the fuck would you be happy with a skoda? Original G'n'R were the perfect example of a band and no one would even be on this board if it wasn't for them. The public in Spain have echoed what the majority want... they want their ferarri back! ?hihi
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2006, 09:09:40 AM »

Fuck the press. Most fans absolutely loved the show.

Even at Pukkelpop in 2002 people were shouting "Asshole! Asshole!" while we were waiting for the band. That's what you get when you have several thousands of people waiting for a band to show up. You can't control crowds.

huh, most of the press covering the band in NYC was very positive hihi
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: