Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 27, 2024, 06:06:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228522 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GN'R playing with The Rolling Stones in Germany in July
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN'R playing with The Rolling Stones in Germany in July  (Read 24772 times)
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #80 on: May 04, 2006, 01:01:21 PM »

They said on the radio this morning that Keith needs some kinda brain surgery from his jet-skiing-after-fallin-outta-coconut-tree accident. ?So maybe the Stones will need to cancel/delay these shows?

He's having blood drained from his head. ?Sounds serious I know, but doctors said yesterday that Keef will be ready for the start of the Stones European tour which starts May 27th. ?So he's ok.

"This is why Kieth can't be killed by conventional weapons".

Remember what movie this quote was from??? hihi

Waynes World 2

You got it man!

JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #81 on: May 04, 2006, 01:35:20 PM »

This is probably the most exciting thing for me since GN'R came back in 02'.? The Stones are the greatest Rock N' Roll band ever and the Guns are going to play with them.? I think this is a very smart marketing strategy by the Guns team and this will get diff. people excited for the new Guns album.? I am so happy they decided to? do this.? I really hope someone tapes it because I will get it immediatly.? This would be a real cool time for some of the old Guns to come back into the picture.? I hope that they decide to do more than 2 shows with them.? This is a great oppurtunitiy for GN'R especially when they will be playing in Europe in front of huge audiences.? I would love to go to one of these shows! ok ok ok ok ok peace
« Last Edit: May 04, 2006, 04:29:13 PM by JDA » Logged
ARC
VIP

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

« Reply #82 on: May 04, 2006, 02:16:19 PM »

I'm amazed that The Stones are interested in having "new" GNR play with them.

I would have bet my house that they would only agree to the classic GNR.

I'm shocked.  confused
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #83 on: May 04, 2006, 02:20:17 PM »

I'm amazed that The Stones are interested in having "new" GNR play with them.

I would have bet my house that they would only agree to the classic GNR.

I'm shocked.  confused

we don`t know who`s going to play there ok

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
ARC
VIP

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

« Reply #84 on: May 04, 2006, 02:23:48 PM »

One things for sure...

Slash will hear about this and damn wish he was still a gunner...  smoking
SWINGTRADER
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #85 on: May 04, 2006, 03:02:10 PM »

IT WAS JUST  ON CNN.   GUNS N' ROSES  WILL OPEN FOR THE STONES  .   GUNS N' ROSES NEWS IS GOING TO GET HOT  THIS MONTH.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #86 on: May 04, 2006, 03:16:30 PM »

Huge news. Huge.

I am so proud to be a GnR fan now. i really wish the Stones/GnR shows would come to the US. Axl could garner alot of brownie points with the promoters if he worked the country with Keith and Mick.

I do hope that Keith is ok after his fall and hemorrage. Scary stuff.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
DemocracyRose
« Reply #87 on: May 04, 2006, 03:19:12 PM »

This tour are growing bigger and bigger... Grin

Any chance of Axl performing with them...?
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #88 on: May 04, 2006, 03:25:37 PM »

i guess axl`s taking his comeback seriously this time...

2006 will be the year of gnr!!!

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #89 on: May 04, 2006, 03:49:56 PM »

Wow, I know the Stones were friends with the original GN'R line-up, Ronnie Wood even jammed with the band a few times on the UYI tour, so I wonder how they feel about the new line-up opening for them?

Even more interesting when the original GN'R were considered to be the next Stones too.

my thoughts exactly - are the stones going to want this new Guns? They were champions of the original line up

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
The New Fiona Apple
So, what do you think of my pic?
VIP

I guess I just wasn't made for these times

« Reply #90 on: May 04, 2006, 04:06:22 PM »

Hope that GNR is distributed a semi decent amount of time (like an hour and 30 minutes). People gotta hear themselves some Chinese Democracy. Is strictly JUST a GNR and Stones duel bill with no other bands?

?I only know what I read [in the press],?
Bobby Valentine

Vicarious Existence is a fucking waste of time
-Axl Rose
axlroses
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #91 on: May 04, 2006, 04:07:37 PM »

Metallica played between an hour to 1:30 minutes when they opened for the Rolling Stones in San Francisco.
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #92 on: May 04, 2006, 04:12:23 PM »

Orale, lets see for how long they play...
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #93 on: May 04, 2006, 04:17:28 PM »

The Crue Also opened for them... Crue, Tallica, GnR... wow....
head-off elephant
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #94 on: May 04, 2006, 04:20:35 PM »

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Guns N' Roses will open two German dates on the Rolling Stones' upcoming tour of Europe, a role they last performed during the Stones' 1989 U.S. trek.

According to the Rolling Stones' Web site, the Axl Rose-rose led rock band will warm up the crowd in Nuremburg on July 10 and Leipzig on July 12.

The tour is still set to begin on May 27 in Barcelona, despite continued speculation about guitarist Keith Richards' health. He was released from a New Zealand hospital earlier this week after suffering mild concussion when he reportedly fell from a tree in Fiji. News reports have said he may require surgery, but the band's publicist said on Wednesday that Richards was fine and his condition was being monitored.

The original Guns N' Roses lineup -- Rose is now the only veteran -- opened for the Stones during their four-night stint at the Los Angeles Coliseum in October 1989. One of their sets was highlighted by a Rose monologue in defence of racist and homophobic lyrics in the song "One in a Million," a bitter complaint that too many people in the Guns organisation were "dancing with Mr. Brownstone" (i.e. doing drugs), and a pledge that he would never perform again with Guns N' Roses.
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #95 on: May 04, 2006, 04:22:43 PM »

Wonder what time The Stones will end up taking the stage with GnR opening for them hihi 

they may not go on till well after midnight
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #96 on: May 04, 2006, 05:39:49 PM »

This sounds like to me another sign pointing to a reunion.  Ronnie did Jam with VR last year as well.  But anyway, the Stones are old school and could get just about anyone they wanted to open for them.  I think they want Slash and Izzy there too.  Slash is good buds with Keith.  Keith is Izzy's idol.  The stones are rock n roll.  Classic guns too were Rock N Roll.  Anything short of the original band in this situation is a shame.
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #97 on: May 04, 2006, 05:48:39 PM »

This sounds like to me another sign pointing to a reunion.  Ronnie did Jam with VR last year as well.  But anyway, the Stones are old school and could get just about anyone they wanted to open for them.  I think they want Slash and Izzy there too.  Slash is good buds with Keith.  Keith is Izzy's idol.  The stones are rock n roll.  Classic guns too were Rock N Roll.  Anything short of the original band in this situation is a shame.

I do not agree. Why does everything has turn into a 'reunion' discussion? Absolutely nothing points to a 'reunion'. And please don't go into that 'new guns n roses not beeing 'rock and roll'. Your definition of rock and roll I find a little, shall I say outdated.  Cheesy

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #98 on: May 04, 2006, 05:52:03 PM »

I do remember Mick offering GnR this slot a few years ago if the original lineup would agree to reform. I have not read any of the band's opinion on the new GnR, but I assume the draw is more important.

This promises to be a great series of shows.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #99 on: May 04, 2006, 06:11:58 PM »

This sounds like to me another sign pointing to a reunion.? Ronnie did Jam with VR last year as well.? But anyway, the Stones are old school and could get just about anyone they wanted to open for them.? I think they want Slash and Izzy there too.? Slash is good buds with Keith.? Keith is Izzy's idol.? The stones are rock n roll.? Classic guns too were Rock N Roll.? Anything short of the original band in this situation is a shame.

I do not agree. Why does everything has turn into a 'reunion' discussion? Absolutely nothing points to a 'reunion'. And please don't go into that 'new guns n roses not beeing 'rock and roll'. Your definition of rock and roll I find a little, shall I say outdated.? Cheesy

Don't Try Me, why can't you think it is possible for some one off shows?  Mick said years ago he would only do if it was the original band.  All the members of the UYI GNR will be in Europe anyway except Matt and Slash so far.  Who is to say they won't be.  I just think all of this is more then coincidence.  You just don't ever hear much tying the nu guys in much.  Why are you so anti reunion.  I really don't care, just noting that way too many things are lining up for a reunion. You can't give me any proof to support your argument.  New GNR is rock, but there is no Roll.  Its great, but there is no sex, groove to it that much.  Original GNR was influenced a great deal by the Stones.  The nuGNR is more influenced by NIN and Queesnryche.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: