Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 01:45:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228109 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GN'R playing with The Rolling Stones in Germany in July
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN'R playing with The Rolling Stones in Germany in July  (Read 22301 times)
axlroses
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #40 on: May 04, 2006, 10:40:43 AM »

Axl isn't just going to dump the bandmembers that have been loyal to him for so long.  With the exception of Izzy I don't think he will work with any of the old guys again.
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #41 on: May 04, 2006, 10:42:33 AM »

Axl isn't just going to dump the bandmembers that have been loyal to him for so long.?

Heh, thats a funny statement.  yeah he's never done that before. Roll Eyes

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #42 on: May 04, 2006, 10:43:11 AM »

Wait didn't Mick Jagger request GnR to open for them in 1998/9 but would only have GnR open for them if certain old members were in the band?
Yes he sure did. It will be interesting to se how quick these insiders change their tune and start mentioning a reunion.

I guess it must have been in Fortus' imagination that he was rehearsing with the band ?hihi
Show me a pic of Fortus rehearsing with the band or a statement from Axl and you might have a point. ok

anythinggoes
« Reply #43 on: May 04, 2006, 10:43:33 AM »

leipzig/germany july 10th
n?rnberg/germany july 12th

bilbao/spain july 14th/15th
Manchester Arena July 18
Sheffield Arena July 19
Glasgow SECC July 21
Newcastle Arena July 22
Birmingham NEC July 24
Nottingham Arena July 25
Cardiff Arena July 27
Bournemouth Arena July 28
Wembley Arena July 30

these dates look realistic......the rumours fit......

where did they come from

and wtf Bournemouth Arena July 28 seriously the arena would be full of geriatic 80 year olds asking axl to speak up? confused nervous

these are all the rumoured dates i heard about until yesterday.... the shows for each country had different sources..and they`d fit perfectly in gnr`s time schedule.? the two german shows happened to be true ok

i guess there`s definitely some truth to the other shows as well....

will thats just fucking beautiful if thats the case ive got two weeks holiday then so i can make most if not all them dates depends on my money situation not very long to fill all them venues though 2 1/2 months
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #44 on: May 04, 2006, 10:44:14 AM »

Axl isn't just going to dump the bandmembers that have been loyal to him for so long.

No he hasnt. Those guys quit on their own. But thats offtopic anyway.
badapple81
« Reply #45 on: May 04, 2006, 10:45:24 AM »

Wait didn't Mick Jagger request GnR to open for them in 1998/9 but would only have GnR open for them if certain old members were in the band?
Yes he sure did. It will be interesting to se how quick these insiders change their tune and start mentioning a reunion.

I guess it must have been in Fortus' imagination that he was rehearsing with the band ?hihi
Show me a pic of Fortus rehearsing with the band or a statement from Axl and you might have a point. ok

He must have been lying  Roll Eyes
axlroses
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #46 on: May 04, 2006, 10:46:05 AM »

Please tell me which loyal bandmember he fired.
Origen
« Reply #47 on: May 04, 2006, 10:46:10 AM »

Axl isn't just going to dump the bandmembers that have been loyal to him for so long.?
Loyal? They've been doing there other projects and getting on with there with careers while still getting paid for being in GnR, it's good business sence that's what it is. But this is digressing anyway.
Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #48 on: May 04, 2006, 10:48:06 AM »

He must have been lying  Roll Eyes

When? where?  (and my personal favourite that everyone uses) Source?

GNRevolution... the missing link.
axlroses
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #49 on: May 04, 2006, 10:48:16 AM »

If they were done with there parts on the album why can't they work on other projects?

The new band makes sense to open for the Rolling Stones. ?I mentioned that this current situation is different than the 1998/1999 situation(Mick only wanting the old band) because GNR have already booked shows in Europe this time, and have sold out in New York.
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

« Reply #50 on: May 04, 2006, 10:49:30 AM »

Axl isn't just going to dump the bandmembers that have been loyal to him for so long.

Heh, thats a funny statement.? yeah he's never done that before. Roll Eyes

And why did they quit? ?Because Axl wanted everything done HIS way. ?Kinda the same thing don't ya think?

chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #51 on: May 04, 2006, 10:50:56 AM »

And why did they quit?  Because Axl wanted everything done HIS way.  Kinda the same thing don't ya think?

*SIGH* Would you rather things Axl's way or slash's? keep in mind slash's way is snakepit. Again though this is offtopic, I don't want this to turn into that other thread that got locked.
axlroses
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #52 on: May 04, 2006, 10:53:20 AM »

This is a great opportunity for the new band to play in front of big crowds.  This exposes them to  a lot more potential fans.
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

« Reply #53 on: May 04, 2006, 10:54:40 AM »

Heh, thats a funny statement.? yeah he's never done that before. Roll Eyes

And why did they quit?? Because Axl wanted everything done HIS way.? Kinda the same thing don't ya think?

*SIGH* Would you rather things Axl's way or slash's? keep in mind slash's way is snakepit. Again though this is offtopic, I don't want this to turn into that other thread that got locked.

It was never about Axls way or Slashs way, it was about THE BANDS WAY. GNR wasn't just Slash and Axl remember?  ?I'll leave it at that.

On topic (sorry guys), It's a great opportunity for GNR to catch some positive mainstream press to open for The Stones. ?I can't wait for the boots.

WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #54 on: May 04, 2006, 10:56:00 AM »

I guess it must have been in Fortus' imagination that he was rehearsing with the band  hihi

didn`t you see the "rehearsal pics" that were posted yesterday?? hihi hihi

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
badapple81
« Reply #55 on: May 04, 2006, 10:56:11 AM »

He must have been lying? Roll Eyes

When? where?? (and my personal favourite that everyone uses) Source?

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=28947.msg546197#msg546197
rubinone
Opening Act

Urban Jungle

« Reply #56 on: May 04, 2006, 10:58:50 AM »

Damn, I have tickets to two Stones shows in Europe. G?teborg in Sweden & Warsaw in Poland BUT I also got a ticket to GNR in Warsaw three days before the Stones play there Smiley

May 12 is around the corner!!!
gnrrock
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #57 on: May 04, 2006, 11:00:21 AM »

Wow, My two fav. bands of all time playing together.  Unreal.  Too bad this did not happen in the States.
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #58 on: May 04, 2006, 11:06:24 AM »

What if Axl pulled a "no-show" on Mick.... that would be "fuckin hardcore" man... hihi

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #59 on: May 04, 2006, 11:07:15 AM »

What if Axl pulled a "no-show" on Mick.... that would be "fuckin hardcore" man... hihi

That would never happen, I think Axl has too much respect for the Stones to do that to them.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: