Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 18, 2024, 07:25:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228077 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GN'R playing with The Rolling Stones in Germany in July
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN'R playing with The Rolling Stones in Germany in July  (Read 21892 times)
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #120 on: May 05, 2006, 08:35:56 AM »

http://www.nme.com/news/guns-n-roses/22981

Guns N' Roses to join the Stones!
The two heavyweight acts team up for shows
Comeback rockers Guns n' Roses are to roll the clock back by supporting The Rolling Stones on their upcoming European tour.

Axl Rose's mob, who supported the Stones on some dates of their 1989 'Steel Wheels' tour of the US, will play at two German shows - Nuremburg on July 10 and Leipzig on July 12.

The tour is still set to begin on May 27 in Barcelona's Stadi Olimpic Montjuic, after guitarist Keith Richards injured himself in a bizarre accident in Fiji last week (April 27).

Initial reports indicated he had suffered "mild concussion" after falling out of a tree at an exclusive resort. Later reports said he had suffered a brain haemorrhage, though this has not been confimed.

The new line-up of Guns n' Roses are playing a number of dates this summer, including a slot at the Download Festival at Donington Park on June 11. Their long-awaited new album 'Chinese Democracy' is tipped to finally make an appearance this year.
god of thunder
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #121 on: May 05, 2006, 08:47:20 AM »

This is personally the greatest news for me so far! I will be back from Brasil just in time for the final match of the worldcup and the next day it is guns n fuckin roses and the stones....How much greater could things be?
godiva
« Reply #122 on: May 05, 2006, 09:18:08 AM »

Hey, just got back from a short trip to Barcelona (without internet an entire week - a real challenge  Grin) This is a nice surprise. I'm gonna try and get some tix. I alreay have tix to the Stones show in the Netherlands this summer. This might be a nice little addition  ok
Rocker

« Reply #123 on: May 05, 2006, 09:26:35 AM »

The news that Guns N' Roses is supporting The Rolling Stones was all over the radio today. Even my fucking little newspaper had this article:

Here's the translation:
With the Stones in N?rnberg
Axl Rose is back
The world's most exciting and gigantic rock'n'roll show, The Rolling Stones' A Bigger Bang Tour, comes to Germany. They are going to play 36 concerts in 20 european countrys. The german tour starts on july the 10th in N?rnberg, followed by Leipzig, Frankfurt, Munich, Hannover, Berlin, Collogne and Stuttgart.
Again they will bring some great opening acts with them this time. The Rolling Stone's management has announced yesterday, that the multi-platinum rocker Guns N' Roses will open for them in N?rnberg and Leipzig.
Guns N' Roses are known to be the most controversial and popular american rock band ever. They have sold 85 million records.

It's kind of funny that the article is basically about Rolling Stones going on tour but the headline and the picture is about axl rose.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #124 on: May 05, 2006, 09:46:31 AM »

The media speak about GNR in your country, you are lucky!
Here in France, there is nothing Embarrassed
The Paris show is far from beeing sold-out, the tickets went on sale 1 month and a half ago, and there are still thousands tickets left...
There is no promotion, they get no media attention, not even a single word in the press? no

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
godiva
« Reply #125 on: May 05, 2006, 09:47:31 AM »

Thank you for posting, lots of zeros and ones. Yes, it is funny that GNR gets more attention as the 'opening act' than the Stones. Maybe they can switch places, considering Axl doesn't like to get on stage early  hihi
Jonathan
« Reply #126 on: May 05, 2006, 09:53:22 AM »

The Paris show is far from beeing sold-out, the tickets went on sale 1 month and a half ago, and there are still thousands tickets left...
There is no promotion, they get no media attention, not even a single word in the press? no

According to http://www.ticketnet.fr, there's 1143 tickets left.

It'll be sold out soon enough.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2006, 09:55:55 AM by I have a good title » Logged
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #127 on: May 05, 2006, 09:55:24 AM »

ticketnet is one of the ticketsellers. There is also Francebilleterie. There are not 1143 tickets left, but much more. Seeveral thousands in fact.? 1143 are just the figures for ticketnet.

WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #128 on: May 05, 2006, 09:58:43 AM »

ticketnet is one of the ticketsellers. There is also Francebilleterie. There are not 1143 tickets left, but much more. Seeveral thousands in fact.  1143 are just the figures for ticketnet.

where did you get your global figures???

i don`t think the tickets could sell out at one ticket outlet, while others still have them available....

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #129 on: May 05, 2006, 10:50:25 AM »

I hope it begins to sell alot better...

I think this go around, the most devasting thing to Axl would be to play in a half-empty arena once again, ala-2002 Undecided

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #130 on: May 05, 2006, 11:33:26 AM »

Nesquick, quick question:  why do you feel it's appropriate to make the exact same post in every thread? Is the quoted post, by you, your signature line?  In the GNR Tour section, all you do is complain and moan, and state that tickets are not selling.  From what I have gathered, the Paris show will be sold out in less than a week?  What gives? 
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #131 on: May 05, 2006, 11:45:29 AM »

- I don't have a signature, what are you talking about?
- Yesterday, there were about 650 tickets left on ticketnet, today there are around 1150 tickets left. It seems there are still lots of tickets left. They added tickets. It's strange. The promoters still don't want to reveal the official figures, wich is pretty surprising.
- There are plenty of tickets available on Francebilleterie, or fnac etc...
- When I "complain" or "moan", it's not against GNR or Axl or the management, I'm a fan, I support them come on it's my favourite band of all time,? it's against the french promoters (Nousproduction). They don't promote this show at all...and it piss me off. GNR deserve a better media coverage.
- And yes, the general media don't talk about GNR here, I know it's different in the other countries, you have articles in your media, they speak about GNR again, here, still nothing. I just don't understand why everything seems much much slower here than in the other European countries. That's what against I "complain", it's not against GNR at all, it's against the lack of buzz and exitation here. people seem asleept.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2006, 11:54:11 AM by nesquick » Logged

Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #132 on: May 05, 2006, 11:53:09 AM »

- Yesterday, there were about 650 tickets left on ticketnet, today there are around 1150 tickets left. It seems there are still lots of tickets left. They added tickets. It's strange. The promoters still don't want to reveal the official figures, wich is pretty surprising.
- When I "complain" or "moan", it's not against GNR or Axl or the management, I'm a fan, I support them come on it's my favourite band of all time,? it's against the french promoters (Nousproduction). They don't promote this show at all...and it piss me off. GNR deserve a better media coverage.
- And yes, nobody talks about GNR here, I know it's different in the other countries, you have articles in your media, they speak about GNR gain, here, still nothing. I just don't understand why everything seems much much slower here than in the other European countries. That's what against I "complain", it's not against GNR at all, it's against the lack of buzz here.

Cheer up a little! ?Your name does not happen to be Albert Camus?
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #133 on: May 05, 2006, 11:53:24 AM »

- When I "complain" or "moan", it's not against GNR or Axl or the management, I'm a fan, I support them come on it's my favourite band of all time,  it's against the french promoters (Nousproduction). They don't promote this show at all...and it piss me off. GNR deserve a better media coverage.
- And yes, nobody talks about GNR here, I know it's different in the other countries, you have articles in your media, they speak about GNR gain, here, still nothing. I just don't understand why everything seems much much slower here than in the other European countries. That's what against I "complain", it's not against GNR at all, it's against the lack of buzz here.

it`s not that gnr is hyped in the press in germany.......

and well.... you don`t have any global figures, so stop bitching about "thousands of tickets" left....

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #134 on: May 05, 2006, 11:56:07 AM »

ANYWAY,

I hope the 12th May + Rock in Rio +the Rolling Stones opening shows will give a turbo to the sales.
Bercy is a wonderfull, wonderfull place when it's sold out? ok
« Last Edit: May 05, 2006, 11:58:11 AM by nesquick » Logged

Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #135 on: May 05, 2006, 12:49:06 PM »

I'm going to fuckin Nurnberg...  beer

godiva
« Reply #136 on: May 05, 2006, 01:25:58 PM »

Hm, wanted to make a very bad joke about nazi moderator going to Germany, but that would be in very bad taste.  no I am going to at least one of these shows for sure. Hope I can go to both, they will be amazing. This news really made my day!  peace
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #137 on: May 05, 2006, 01:35:48 PM »

I'm going to fuckin Nurnberg...? beer

ok

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #138 on: May 05, 2006, 04:43:46 PM »

Want to know what people away from GnR message boards are thinking about GnR?

http://uselessjunk.net/viewtopic.php?t=145299

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #139 on: May 05, 2006, 08:30:43 PM »

Richards Avoids Brain Drain

The Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richards will not undergo surgery following his mysterious stay in a New Zealand hospital, according to the band's spokesperson. The 62-year-old was airlifted to Auckland's Ascot hospital suffering concussion after reportedly falling out of a palm tree while on holiday in Fiji last week. But contrary reports claimed Richards sustained his injuries in a jet-ski accident. Spokeswoman Fran Curtis would not disclose how the rocker was hurt, but she dispelled reports Richards would require surgery to drain blood from his skull. She added, "He's feeling good and in good spirits." Richards is said to be looking forward to the European leg of the tour which kicks off later this month in Barcelona, Spain.

Source: Movie & TV News @ IMDb.com

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: