Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 18, 2024, 07:14:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228077 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GN'R playing with The Rolling Stones in Germany in July
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN'R playing with The Rolling Stones in Germany in July  (Read 21881 times)
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #100 on: May 04, 2006, 06:15:58 PM »

This sounds like to me another sign pointing to a reunion.  Ronnie did Jam with VR last year as well.  But anyway, the Stones are old school and could get just about anyone they wanted to open for them.  I think they want Slash and Izzy there too.  Slash is good buds with Keith.  Keith is Izzy's idol.  The stones are rock n roll.  Classic guns too were Rock N Roll.  Anything short of the original band in this situation is a shame.

I do not agree. Why does everything has turn into a 'reunion' discussion? Absolutely nothing points to a 'reunion'. And please don't go into that 'new guns n roses not beeing 'rock and roll'. Your definition of rock and roll I find a little, shall I say outdated.  Cheesy

Don't Try Me, why can't you think it is possible for some one off shows?  Mick said years ago he would only do if it was the original band.  All the members of the UYI GNR will be in Europe anyway except Matt and Slash so far.  Who is to say they won't be.  I just think all of this is more then coincidence.  You just don't ever hear much tying the nu guys in much.  Why are you so anti reunion.  I really don't care, just noting that way too many things are lining up for a reunion. You can't give me any proof to support your argument.  New GNR is rock, but there is no Roll.  Its great, but there is no sex, groove to it that much.  Original GNR was influenced a great deal by the Stones.  The nuGNR is more influenced by NIN and Queesnryche.

Thats why one of their guitarists is a HUGE stones fan? The reason Richard is in guns was because of how he played stray cat blues by the stones. So Your wrong in saying that this band isnt influenced by the stones.
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #101 on: May 04, 2006, 06:17:11 PM »

Maybe someone from the GN'R side slipped Mick. Keith, Ronnie etc. an advance copy of Chinese Democracy and their view of the new band has changed....

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #102 on: May 04, 2006, 06:22:23 PM »

It is already fact pretty much that a grande reunion was planned for this summer.  So why is it totally scratched in your mind?  What songs did Fortus write for GNR?  None.  Axl is the main songwriter. So what does Stray Cats have do to with anything?  They just liked his guitar style.  Matt hangs with Axl a few weeks ago.  Matt with Slash last week.  Izzy had dinner and talks to Axl regularly.  Slash goes to Axl's house. 

how come we don't hear shit about Fortus and Axl, Tommy and Axl, Brain and Axl?  Cause they are seeing him.  THere are no articles about them hanging out together.  Apparently he just hangs out with models and old band mates on occasion.
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #103 on: May 04, 2006, 06:40:25 PM »

It is already fact pretty much that a grande reunion was planned for this summer.? So why is it totally scratched in your mind?? What songs did Fortus write for GNR?? None.? Axl is the main songwriter. So what does Stray Cats have do to with anything?? They just liked his guitar style.? Matt hangs with Axl a few weeks ago.? Matt with Slash last week.? Izzy had dinner and talks to Axl regularly.? Slash goes to Axl's house.?

how come we don't hear shit about Fortus and Axl, Tommy and Axl, Brain and Axl?? Cause they are seeing him.? THere are no articles about them hanging out together.? Apparently he just hangs out with models and old band mates on occasion.

You're right as a general matter.... I do think Axl and Fortus hung out together at the Victoria Secret show in NYC in February. Tommy Stinson? That fucker's so busy right now he probably has ZERO time to hang out with anybody or even remember what bands he's actually in . I wouldn't be surprised he kicks into "Runaway Train" at the start of 5/12 show.

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
raffaelbh
Headliner

Rock in Rio need back to Rio

« Reply #104 on: May 04, 2006, 06:41:00 PM »

Gnr + R.Stone in Germany HuhHuh?
 :beer:The World Cup will stop to people see it !!!

Rock in Rio needs back to Rio
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #105 on: May 04, 2006, 06:45:20 PM »

Richard Fortus wrote some guitar parts for the album. Just listen to The Blues, when he joined the band, he added his own touch (outro solo).
He is also definitely a strong bluesy based guitar player in my opinion. He is a versatile player and can play lots of music, but he does have the bluesy/rock edge. I think his main influences are The New York Dolls, Jeff Beck, BB King etc... and he also used to play Jazz Music I think. He likes playing with a Gibson ES 335 wich is one of the most famous Blues and Jazz guitar.
Saying the "new GNR (2006 version) is not "Rock n' Roll" is false. I think they will be more "Rock n' Roll" than what they were in 2002 because the heavy-metal futurist Shredder is gone. So I guess the guitar solos will be played differently, more in the vain of the good old Classic Rock style, updated for 2006. I'm sure people will like it very much.

If you Like Richard Fortus, check also a guy called Dreggen (Backyard Babie, ex The Hellacopters), He is also very good and has an Epiphone ES 335 Signature. They kinda have the same style (energetic onstage, aggressive Rock mixed with a Bluesy touch in their playing)

Anyway, can't wait to hear the "Nightrain" 2006 version? ok

I hope Izzy will join the new band for a couple of appearances, especially with the Rolling Stones, 1989 is right around the corner? peace

« Last Edit: May 04, 2006, 07:00:40 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #106 on: May 04, 2006, 07:07:20 PM »

It is already fact pretty much that a grande reunion was planned for this summer.

According to who?  Roll Eyes
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #107 on: May 04, 2006, 07:13:02 PM »

This sounds like to me another sign pointing to a reunion.  Ronnie did Jam with VR last year as well.  But anyway, the Stones are old school and could get just about anyone they wanted to open for them.  I think they want Slash and Izzy there too.  Slash is good buds with Keith.  Keith is Izzy's idol.  The stones are rock n roll.  Classic guns too were Rock N Roll.  Anything short of the original band in this situation is a shame.

I do not agree. Why does everything has turn into a 'reunion' discussion? Absolutely nothing points to a 'reunion'. And please don't go into that 'new guns n roses not beeing 'rock and roll'. Your definition of rock and roll I find a little, shall I say outdated.  Cheesy

Don't Try Me, why can't you think it is possible for some one off shows?  Mick said years ago he would only do if it was the original band.  All the members of the UYI GNR will be in Europe anyway except Matt and Slash so far.  Who is to say they won't be.  I just think all of this is more then coincidence.  You just don't ever hear much tying the nu guys in much.  Why are you so anti reunion.  I really don't care, just noting that way too many things are lining up for a reunion. You can't give me any proof to support your argument.  New GNR is rock, but there is no Roll.  Its great, but there is no sex, groove to it that much.  Original GNR was influenced a great deal by the Stones.  The nuGNR is more influenced by NIN and Queesnryche.

You think the new band is influenced by Queensryche?  Well, I own every release both Queensryche and GN'R have ever had, and I have to disagree.  I don't see any similarities between this band and Ryche.  NIN, yes.  Ryche, no.

Ali
kever20
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #108 on: May 04, 2006, 07:17:48 PM »

This is fucking awesome! If Izzy really is back, it's gonna be a fucking great show. I wonder if this means the band'll be playing more from the '89 era, and get closer to that sound. Can you imagine a Rose/Jagger duet? Fuckin' a. Just think: if Keith Richards is under the knife for his supposed hemmorhage, then maybe Izzy will fill in for a bit. Looking forward to the reviews. And, hopefully before that, an official press release.

Kevin Miller

Convicted for murder,
The bastards run free
Out on parole, out on the prowl
Freed on the bail paid by the thief
Justice supreme, the liars all ream
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #109 on: May 04, 2006, 07:20:49 PM »

You think the new band is influenced by Queensryche?? Well, I own every release both Queensryche and GN'R have ever had, and I have to disagree.? I don't see any similarities between this band and Ryche.? NIN, yes.? Ryche, no.

Ali
Go listen to TWAT. Very heavy Queensryche influence. Sounds like it could have been on Empire.

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #110 on: May 04, 2006, 07:54:24 PM »

You think the new band is influenced by Queensryche?? Well, I own every release both Queensryche and GN'R have ever had, and I have to disagree.? I don't see any similarities between this band and Ryche.? NIN, yes.? Ryche, no.

Ali
Go listen to TWAT. Very heavy Queensryche influence. Sounds like it could have been on Empire.

James, I highlighted all of your thoughts in my responses in regards to the reunion and Queensrych sound.  Have any of you heard the new album by Queensryche?  I saw their new video.  There are a lot of question marks for there to be a show only a few days a way.  I can't wait to find out what happens. 
Vicious Wishes
VIP

Madam in Eden im Adam

« Reply #111 on: May 04, 2006, 08:01:52 PM »

Great news! Will the Stones be doing a pro-shot, you think? We might actually get decent video from this. Or better yet, a live feed. ok

We're not human beings going through a temporary spiritual experience, we're spiritual beings going through a temporary human experience.
PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #112 on: May 04, 2006, 08:04:58 PM »

I think they will be more "Rock n' Roll" than what they were in 2002 because the heavy-metal futurist Shredder is gone. So I guess the guitar solos will be played differently, more in the vain of the good old Classic Rock style, updated for 2006. I'm sure people will like it very much.
again with the same thing..
dude you are boring...!
BH rules you suck!

"I'm still impressed by my ability to put a shine on a pile of bullshit"
                                        SLASH
http://www.gnrsource.com
Crowebar
« Reply #113 on: May 05, 2006, 01:13:52 AM »

I hope it's only Izzy that shows up

Izzy fucking rules
speed-stone
Banned
Rocker

...i fell in love and baby...

« Reply #114 on: May 05, 2006, 03:00:54 AM »

this comeback is going to be so fucking huge, finally all these years of waiting will pay off!! 1 more week of waiting and the ball starts rolling for real, and what's one more week of waiting for gnr fans?! literally nothing! Tongue thanx axl! beer

i see the light at the end, but everytime i take a step, it gets dim... tell me is this hell we're living in? if so, heaven's gotta be better, but if we're hellbound, whatever, it's going down.
SADIS
« Reply #115 on: May 05, 2006, 03:13:30 AM »

It is already fact pretty much that a grande reunion was planned for this summer.? So why is it totally scratched in your mind?? What songs did Fortus write for GNR?? None.? Axl is the main songwriter. So what does Stray Cats have do to with anything?? They just liked his guitar style.? Matt hangs with Axl a few weeks ago.? Matt with Slash last week.? Izzy had dinner and talks to Axl regularly.? Slash goes to Axl's house.?

how come we don't hear shit about Fortus and Axl, Tommy and Axl, Brain and Axl?? Cause they are seeing him.? THere are no articles about them hanging out together.? Apparently he just hangs out with models and old band mates on occasion.

I understand where you're coming form. I have the same feeling. I find it too weird that Axl is seen with Izzy, Matt and Axl patch things up, Duff toures Europe the same months as Axl even playing Donnington, Slash is now managed by Sanctuary and VR is doing everything but recording the new album. I'm not sure, it could all be coincidence but I find it a bit suspicious.
speed-stone
Banned
Rocker

...i fell in love and baby...

« Reply #116 on: May 05, 2006, 03:18:38 AM »

where ever did it say izzy has dinner with axl and speaks to him regularly? Shocked
i must've missed that part!

i see the light at the end, but everytime i take a step, it gets dim... tell me is this hell we're living in? if so, heaven's gotta be better, but if we're hellbound, whatever, it's going down.
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #117 on: May 05, 2006, 04:12:31 AM »

Why don't I think it's possible? The short answer: history, Axl repeatetly stated that a reunion is unlikely to happen. Remember rio 2001? Remember some of the 2002 shows were he talked about some of his former friends? I think those are pretty strong indications.

And about the new guys, the do rock. Just give em a chance. I think I know why you think that the old guys are rock and roll. That is because the are a novelty right? And the new guys, not just yet. No album out? Just give the new dudes a chance.

And about the influences you mentioned for the new band, no way. I don't exactly hear NIN, well maybe little little very little bits and pieces which you could subscribe to a Reznor. Perhaps, perhaps not. But Queesnryche? haha. Not exactly no.

I'm not anti reunion. But it wouldn't exactly be fair to the new guns who stick with Axl for this long don't ya think? Imagine Slash coming back for one show off? That would hurt the new guys for sure man. People at the other shows might whyne / ask for Slash a little bit more. "Why was Slash at that show? and not at ours?  Angry " Can you imagine that?? That would be a knife in the back of the new guys.

About Izzy, well yes. I could perhaps see him coming back, maybe for the whole tour. Maybe for a few shows. Like someone already said in a funny way: Izzy is like Switserland, always neutral.

But Slash? with all those lawsuits and shit happened in the past? The last Little Rolling Stone interview? how much clearer do you need to get that there ain't gonna be Slash?

That doensn't mean I'm anti-old Gn'R at all. I'm just trying to get some logic in hear rather then novelty thoughts.

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #118 on: May 05, 2006, 04:22:34 AM »

That is a post I can really agree with, as a long time gunner, since the beginiing, I feel the same, and after seeing these guys back in 2002, at MSG and beyond seeing individual memebers and actually metting them and hanging out talking .

There is no way these guys (Richard, Tommy , Dizzy, . .that I met dont ahve thier heart in this, and are excited about this finally happening).

Izzy is like the wild card, hes always kinda been there and sometimes you cant deny the past as far as friendships. we all argue with people we care about , but thier bond goes way back. Liek in 93 Izzy filling in for a few gigs. I would be estatic if he did a few appearances , just for the hell of it.

Some people in life think that if somethings goes wrong or a view wasnt met by similar, and estangement ensued that thats the end all. I never subscribed to that belief. BUt then again who does.

At then end ofthe day we have 1 week from today to see what is goin on.!

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #119 on: May 05, 2006, 08:31:46 AM »

Gnr + R.Stone in Germany HuhHuh?
 beer The World Cup will stop to people see it !!!

i don`t think so.... i`m from germany and i don`t even know when it`s going to take place hihi

i`m a bad example though, since i`m not really interested in football (except for the german team a little...)

anyways... i think the shows are allready almost sold out.

Why don't I think it's possible? The short answer: history, Axl repeatetly stated that a reunion is unlikely to happen. Remember rio 2001? Remember some of the 2002 shows were he talked about some of his former friends? I think those are pretty strong indications.

history? if that`s what you base your opinion on, you should reread the 2006 part of it.....

-slash visited axl in late 2005
-slash and axl talked nicely about each other
-axl talked to izzy and had dinner with him
-axl met matt in NYC
-ross halfin posted about a reunion in his blog
-classicrock had an article that had independent sources claiming a reunion was planned. they   didn`t get their info on messageboards by the way
-several comments by axl suggest a reunion
-richard`s site doesn`t list the shows anymore

there are even more points, which i unfortunately forgot about..... i once listed them in a thread...

my point is: ( and i won`t repeat it any further...)

everything is possible. i don`t give a shit what any insider says...

axl is the man to tell us what`s going on ok

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: