Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 07:18:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Appetite For Collection
| | |-+  Possibly slash's best work since gnr...
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Possibly slash's best work since gnr...  (Read 9840 times)
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2006, 07:34:17 AM »

both of elans albums are awesome i recommend them to anyone who liked street child.

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2006, 07:45:52 AM »

Holy fuck does slash play with a lot of feeling in that song. Why can't velvet revolver be as good as that, i tried my hardest to like that band, but i think they just got the wrong singer, its a shame coz i still love slash and duff and when i hear him play this good it makes me wonder what might have been

slash in gnr or on his own is a whole other story then being in a band not controlled by himself.. His solos with side work, guest spots and snakepit are very good bluesy and long ,with vr it's more of a group effort that seems to not want to center around him.. We all know slash can do a2,3 or 4 minute solo if he chose to...
shaun
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2006, 02:15:14 PM »

That's new to me. Thanks. Good track.

Slash should release a Slash solo album (not like Slash's Snaekpit). It could feature all sorts of stuff. Studio versions of Hendrix's covers, the theme from the Godfather to name but a few. Also i think he once said he would like to rerecord Welcome to the Jungle with a heavier sound.
the Garden
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2006, 02:20:01 PM »

Things like this song are why I love Slash, he puts more feel and energy into his guitar than anyone and he really is a modest guy too. Like other people have said, Slash can easily go off on a 5 minute solo but he doesen't because he does not want everyone to focus on just him. He has been quoted in interviews saying thigs like this numerous times. Slash is the best not only because of his skill but because he realizes it is all about the music and if it fits he has no problem doing his thing but he is not afraid to let other people step up and do their thing. Thats why I think you can't replace Slash in GN'R, now before I get flammed to hell let me explain. You can replace the skill because it is obvious that Buckethead, Fortus, Finck, and Bumblefoot have done an amazing job at covering the parts while also changing certain things to fit their playing style. It just seems more natural when Slash plays, for me he has always been more pleasing to listen to and watch because of his natural chemistry with the guitar and the fans. Slash has the luxury that so many people would kill for and he knows it and appreciates it and it comes out in his playing, I don't care if you like Slash or hate him but their is obviously something that makes Slash different then so many other players. Weither you like this difference or not basically decides if you love Slash or you couldn't care less about him. Some people see what I see and others don't and that is cool, everyone has their own oppinions and my oppinion just happens to be that Slash rules! peace

"So bittersweat this tragedy, won't ask for absoloution. This melody inside of me still searches for a soloution."
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2006, 02:34:21 PM »

Woah, oh oh oh Street Child of mine.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2006, 06:39:24 PM »

Anyone who says CB doesnt have solos and is bland obviously gave it one listen over and thats it.

CB is in my top 3 albums of the 21st century.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
starz
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2006, 05:20:59 PM »

tHAT is really sad. slash needs axl more then ever. he is a douche without him Undecided find yourself a good singer. but sadly u will never find 1 like axl. ever.
IzzyDutch
VIP

Here Today... Fuck The Hell

« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2006, 05:29:40 PM »

tHAT is really sad. slash needs axl more then ever. he is a douche without him Undecided find yourself a good singer. but sadly u will never find 1 like axl. ever.

Axl needs Slash more then ever, he's a douche without him. Find yourself a good guitarplayer. But sadly he will never find 1 like Slash. Ever.

Wink
IzzyDutch
VIP

Here Today... Fuck The Hell

« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2006, 05:34:59 PM »

Anyone who says CB doesnt have solos and is bland obviously gave it one listen over and thats it.

Yeah it has some solos, but compared to all of Slash's previous work guitarwise Contraband has some of the weakest Slash recordings. Not that it's not good, cause it is, but Slash can do so much better then that... if they just let him loose. Even Snakepit 2 has better guitarwork then CB, the solos on there are truely great, those melodies will stick in your head forever. Like the Back To The Moment and Serial Killer solos.

Gilby has said he felt like Slash was more or less going thru the motions on CB, there was something missing in Slash's playing. Couldn't agree with him more...
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2006, 05:58:45 PM »

what's sad.. That fucking guitar playing is awesome, enlighten me I don't get what you mean..?? How come everyone post gnr needs axl?
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2006, 06:22:59 PM »

good solo for sure, but I definately think the YGNR solo is better! hmm, the FTP one too come to think of it ok

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
guscouto
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2006, 07:05:12 PM »

Great Solos , but have you guys heard Michael Jackson's song Give Into Me Huh

Slash's solos are just GREAT !!

I don't have the link, sorry ... but try to download it ..
odd1
Banned
Rocker

The storm is getting CLOSER !!!

« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2006, 07:05:29 PM »

rofl rofl rofl
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2006, 07:14:08 PM »

^dude I feel sorry that u are such an axl nutswinger that u cant enjoy great music.

CB isnt suppose to be GNR, its not suppose to have the 2 minute guitar solos.

Slash's riffs and the solos he does play are all very excellent however.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2006, 07:41:00 PM »

Great Solos , but have you guys heard Michael Jackson's song Give Into Me Huh

Slash's solos are just GREAT !!

I don't have the link, sorry ... but try to download it ..

yes I heard them when they were out in the 90's, I aslo watched him perform with mj at the 95 vmas?? also his 30th anniversary or whatever that was where slash has that mesh shirt on..
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2006, 05:30:20 PM »

rofl rofl rofl

I love the album, it's awesome at the gym,.,..
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: