Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 02:17:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl's mobility while performing
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl's mobility while performing  (Read 9535 times)
eraser
Rocker

« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2006, 11:30:57 PM »

well i might be one of the few, but I prefer when he doesn't dance..

Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2006, 11:39:22 PM »

mick jagger's signing style allows him to move as much as he does. Axl's needs a lot more effort & energy
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #42 on: May 25, 2006, 05:58:40 AM »

It also saddens me that it seems to be accepted by the moderators.

It's not, but we don't catch every stupid thing that's posted on the board. If you're offended by a post, use the "Report To Moderator" feature and the post will be looked at.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ROSE22
« Reply #43 on: May 25, 2006, 10:15:30 AM »

Axl has always had weak ankles....hence why he dances that "Axl" dance using mostly his upper body.? I don't know if he still does but back in the old days he actually used to have to have his ankles taped up by a chiropractor before every show.? Honest fact from a fan since 1987!
yeah, i remember hearing that. but honestly guys, axl from 91,92,93 didn't move around like axl from 1988. why ? for one he got ultra healthy and decided to have a massive stage with massive wings that he could sprint back and forth while singing. no one could do that ( including the 44 year old axl ) people change for christs sake. he's not 130 pounds anymore. i thought he moved very well in ny. no his serpentine isn't as fluid but all his power moves are the same. some of you expect to much. i would love to look, move and sound as good as he does when i am 44.   
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #44 on: May 25, 2006, 10:23:08 AM »

you guys talk like he's a dinosaur hihi geez..wait till the stage is bigger...he'll be running like a maniac again. peace

course he's not gonna jump like he used to or headbang crazy like he used to...he's just not in that place anymore.

bumblerocks
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #45 on: May 25, 2006, 10:27:09 AM »

Axl has always had weak ankles....hence why he dances that "Axl" dance using mostly his upper body.? I don't know if he still does but back in the old days he actually used to have to have his ankles taped up by a chiropractor before every show.? Honest fact from a fan since 1987!
yeah, i remember hearing that. but honestly guys, axl from 91,92,93 didn't move around like axl from 1988. why ? for one he got ultra healthy and decided to have a massive stage with massive wings that he could sprint back and forth while singing. no one could do that ( including the 44 year old axl ) people change for christs sake. he's not 130 pounds anymore. i thought he moved very well in ny. no his serpentine isn't as fluid but all his power moves are the same. some of you expect to much. i would love to look, move and sound as good as he does when i am 44.? ?

excactly, great point. Cool
jimb0
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #46 on: May 25, 2006, 11:09:05 AM »

He was ultra healthy while smoking a lot of cigs. 
ROSE22
« Reply #47 on: May 25, 2006, 12:12:54 PM »

he did smoke alot of cigs but you know he had such a lean body and could run forever. i meant ultra healthy because of the shape he was in and i assume he ditched the hard drugs before the illusion tours. what would it had been like if he ditched cig's to ? wow that is scary.
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #48 on: May 25, 2006, 12:51:33 PM »

In the clip, did anyone else notice all of the cellphones recording the show?
On topic: I would think it is hard to get excited about songs you've been singing for 20 years. I wonder if he was more active during the new songs? Anyone  who was there have a comment?
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #49 on: May 25, 2006, 02:38:30 PM »

In the clip, did anyone else notice all of the cellphones recording the show?
On topic: I would think it is hard to get excited about songs you've been singing for 20 years. I wonder if he was more active during the new songs? Anyone? who was there have a comment?

Axl sang the old songs passionately, but his whole demeanor and enthusiasm changed as soon as he would begin singing one of the new songs.

Obviously since the new guys had no part in writing the classic material, their enthusiasm was pretty tame for the classics, but when Better or TWAT would begin, they looked like they were having the absolute time of their lives! ok

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
ROSE22
« Reply #50 on: May 25, 2006, 02:40:27 PM »

i agree. when axl was singing the middle part of better he looked like he was going to explode.
omen
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #51 on: May 25, 2006, 02:47:00 PM »

Axls moves on stage are good, but u know there nothing like back in the day. when he run from one end of the stage to the other end, while singing! but now its more of a fast walk, but for his age he still move better than other performers his age!
 peace peace out dudes.
gnr 4 life
Saul Isobel
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #52 on: May 25, 2006, 02:56:17 PM »

It really saddens me to see the increasing number of people on this forum that lightly throw around the word faggot and imply that being gay is something to be ashamed of.
Call me a homophobe and if i get canned or 'karma'd' then so be it but i believe in free speech and honesty... and therefore i do believe that being gay is something to be ashamed of so there. However, in the context of this board the word 'faggot' seems to mean no more to the posters than any other slang term bandied about. Being a guns fan i'm surprised you are so upset about this, have you never heard 'One in a Million'? ?hihi

It also saddens me that it seems to be accepted by the moderators.
Personally i think the mods on here are pretty chilled ?ok. Unlike those on the My GNR Forum who think their shit doesn't stink and lock threads in a heartbeat. They rip off 99 per cent of their 'scoops' from this forum anyway and then pat themselves on the back for 'breaking the news'. ?hihi
Hammer1
Headliner

GNR Fan

« Reply #53 on: May 25, 2006, 02:59:48 PM »

it kind of amazes me that we should discuss his mobility?

He is back and was great in New York although I thought he was great in 2002 in Toronto and London too.

the guy is a maniac ya, he is 44 and fit and singing better than ever....when I saw him front row in 91' he was flying all over the place too, the stage was bigger and he was "in the grove" so to speak! Concerts regularly, as the tour progresses he will get more comfortable...He was whipping around that stage preforming the hell out of anyone even close to his leaque in NY....there are not many singers who do what he does while singing.....except for Madonna and Britney spears etc....(with the dancing and singing at the same time)...and we know that the energy and force in Axl's voice is huge....give the guy a break he rocks more than most....still

He has ten times the enery of Mic Jagger even when Mick was 44......been there seen it....

I think his friends and the people in the industry are thrilled to see him back and looking and sounding soooo great.

When he kicked his foot above his head at the beginning of Welcome to the Jungle everyone in the place ?(Hammerstein) saw his mobility, in jeans too.!!!

ok

Scarlett
Headliner

Someday.......

« Reply #54 on: May 25, 2006, 03:10:35 PM »

He looks pretty damned good to me, from what I can see of the recent videos.  ok

I'm just thrilled he is back and rocking. I hope to see him in concert when he tours the USA.

'Cause nothin' lasts forever
Even cold November rain
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #55 on: May 25, 2006, 03:17:05 PM »

It really saddens me to see the increasing number of people on this forum that lightly throw around the word faggot and imply that being gay is something to be ashamed of.
Call me a homophobe and if i get canned or 'karma'd' then so be it but i believe in free speech and honesty... and therefore i do believe that being gay is something to be ashamed of so there. However, in the context of this board the word 'faggot' seems to mean no more to the posters than any other slang term bandied about. Being a guns fan i'm surprised you are so upset about this, have you never heard 'One in a Million'? ?hihi

why does One In A Million always have to be thrown into these types of discussions? Axl has apologised for the lyrics being understood many times, and cuz Axl used the word doesn't mean you gotta be cool like him or believe in what he does. The word is derogatory....simple...and because you believe in something don't make it right...just respect the guys wishes and don't use the term, why is that so hard. Being homosexual is not something to be ashamed of. (not that he is...just saying in general....I don't care about someone's sexual orientation)

Also I don't think that the way that "faggot" was originally used in this thread was meant as a slight to gay people (My appologies to the poster if i misinterpret here), but unfortunately, the words 'faggot' and 'gay' have gotten mixed up to mean 'idiotic' and 'stupid' (ex. Mick Jagger dances around like an idiot)...Does that make it right? No, definately not, but it became part of the lingo for my age group Undecided I'm not gay myself but i have close freinds who are gay...sometimes i mix up and say something stupid like "Man, that's soo gay!!" i don't mean it but i said it, and i feel bad...but my freinds know what i meant and they know i didn't mean it derogatory to them, also taking it up with the poster in PM's or using the "report to mod" feature is nice like Jarmo already suggested...doesn't single somebody out ok

and lastly....the best advice for anyone if somebody makes you pissed...."Drink it off!!" beer

ThatGuy
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #56 on: May 25, 2006, 03:36:15 PM »

axl does NOT need to be running around on stage anymore.  what good is it?  he runs around, runs out of breath, then cant sing.  who gives a fuck if he moves at all?  i think he should get a fucking podium and wear a suit and stand and sing at it the whole time.  now THAT would be the tits.

imagine this, top rolled down, 4 pumps of l.a. looks in your hair, crusing down the highway, getting roadhead while jamming You Could Be Mine!
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #57 on: May 25, 2006, 03:39:18 PM »

axl does NOT need to be running around on stage anymore.? what good is it?? he runs around, runs out of breath, then cant sing.? who gives a fuck if he moves at all?? i think he should get a fucking podium and wear a suit and stand and sing at it the whole time.? now THAT would be the tits.

lol at picturing axl at a podium addressing the crowd like a presidential candidate.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #58 on: May 25, 2006, 03:40:54 PM »

all the other members had assigned stances so he could pick his way thru.....they needed an air traffic controller for that stage Grin

car mechanics and a basketball coach too rofl
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #59 on: May 25, 2006, 03:44:43 PM »

You guys think about shit too much.

Just enjoy.............

I agree, stop thinking about shit guys!

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: