Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 12:24:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl's mobility while performing
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl's mobility while performing  (Read 9495 times)
SWINGTRADER
VIP

Here Today...

« on: May 24, 2006, 01:35:02 AM »

What do you guys think about Axl's movement on stage during the shows??   I think he is much better than 02'  but I wish he would move a little more  like he did during the ritz show.  I  don't think it is impossible for 44 yr old man to move the way he did during the ritz.  I don't wnat him to run marathons like he did during the UYI  shows  I would just like him to dance more .    At times it looks as if Axl is walking with a book on his head  and his afraid to drop it.  He used to just let  go  and let the music  move him ,  now it just seems like he is holding back.   

I don't think this is too much to ask from a 44 yr old dude : 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vz1strQwRM&search=used%20to%20love%20her

This is him at the birthday party :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCKi_SM84MU&search=i%20used%20to%20love%20her

which do you prefer?
jimb0
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2006, 01:52:03 AM »

I think his movement is damn good for his age.  He's not the spazz he used to be, so what. 
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2006, 02:06:41 AM »

I think Axl is doing just fine ok

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
TheRaven
Rocker

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2006, 02:11:10 AM »

I think he's trying to conserve as much energy as possible. He went backstage to get oxygen A LOT during the shows. Playing a 2 hour set is tiring for anybody in their 20's in great shape, let alone being in your 40's doing it night after night. I think he's a lot smarter about how he performs now.

Raven
SLCPUNK
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2006, 02:17:39 AM »

You guys think about shit too much.

Just enjoy.............
ZRO
Rocker

Does this look infected?

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2006, 02:19:11 AM »

Dude, he's only 44. Mick Jagger is in his 60's and still moves like Axl did in his 20's. Axl should still be able to go nuts like he used to.
Chief
Legend

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2006, 02:30:09 AM »

Mick never moves as much as Axl did in his 20s, you gotta be kidding me!
Also, Mick sounds pretty bad on a lot of the songs now, he almost shouts/speaks them instead..
NOWHERE near the intensity and vocal range that Axl brings to the table!!!!

Dude, he's only 44. Mick Jagger is in his 60's and still moves like Axl did in his 20's. Axl should still be able to go nuts like he used to.

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
godiva
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2006, 02:32:39 AM »

He still knows how to put on a good show. So what if he doesn't move in the same way he did 20 years ago? A lot of things changed in this band  hihi
SWINGTRADER
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2006, 02:38:36 AM »

Mick Jagger might not sound as good as he once did   but he still kicks ass on stage and it's amazing how he has been able to remain thin. Even Bach still looks similar to what he looked in his hey day. it's amazing how much Axl has changed physically and performance wise.   Maybe Mick jagger can share his secrets with Axl on how to stay forever young  when GNR opens for the Stones.   Mick jagger is a freak of nature  I think  he'll be performing into his 70's lol  along side  Keith richard's corpse .     Axl Rose has made me appreciate Mick jagger more .  I mean no disrespect towards Axl.
Cowboy Buddha
VIP

Balls of Molten Steel

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2006, 02:46:37 AM »

He was dancing like a manic on the 17th.

I will not change this Sig. until Vikings, Twins, Wild, T-Wolves or any MN teams win a Championship (10/16/06)
Crashdiet
Banned
VIP

'Absolutely'

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2006, 03:24:18 AM »

dude were you at the shows?? Huh

I was at all four and the man I saw had the hungry look in his eyes like he did back on the mtv awards in 88. I haven't seen axl, look, perform, sound this good since like 89

enough with negativity already... be positive the wait is finally over.

Check out www.myspace.com/ashjonesmusic
Its me and my songs

Saskatoon, Sask Place March 16 1993

New York, Hammerstein Ballroom
May 12, 14, 15, 17
SWINGTRADER
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2006, 03:39:55 AM »

dude were you at the shows?? Huh

I was at all four and the man I saw had the hungry look in his eyes like he did back on the mtv awards in 88. I haven't seen axl, look, perform, sound this good since like 89

enough with negativity already... be positive the wait is finally over.

Were you in a coma between 90-93' Huh
jsg2295
Banned
Headliner

The Album will come.

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2006, 03:52:53 AM »

I saw Axl twice in Texas in 90-93. Once when soundgarden opened for them and the Metallica, Faith No More show---I loved FNM but they played for like a second , then Metallica came out (this was after Hetfield got torched so he was only singing the songs) , I thought it lacked energy but it may have been cause JH was in pain. Anyway on both concerts? i saw, Axl moved and roamed the stage like a tiger, unfortunatly his voice was shot to shhiiite. He saved the day with the energy him and the band exuded. So I can only hope that when I see him in...Houston...Dallas...and hopefully another close venue that not only will his voice be better but that he still exudes that energy because if he has lost that energy and movement and his voice by the time he gets to Tejas I will have wasted a lot of pesos.
SWINGTRADER
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2006, 03:58:42 AM »

I saw Axl twice in Texas in 90-93. Once when soundgarden opened for them and the Metallica, Faith No More show---I loved FNM but they played for like a second , then Metallica came out (this was after Hetfield got torched so he was only singing the songs) , I thought it lacked energy but it may have been cause JH was in pain. Anyway on both concerts? i saw, Axl moved and roamed the stage like a tiger, unfortunatly his voice was shot to shhiiite. He saved the day with the energy him and the band exuded. So I can only hope that when I see him in...Houston...Dallas...and hopefully another close venue that not only will his voice be better but that he still exudes that energy because if he has lost that energy and movement and his voice by the time he gets to Tejas I will have wasted a lot of pesos.

I agree with that statement .   That is why i didn't spend my money on Hammerstein shows  .  i want to see good video coverage ( RIR)  of this band before I spend my money on them.  Bad bootlegs  and fanatics testimonials  are not good enough for me.  i need to see a tv quality bootleg before I decide.   
jsg2295
Banned
Headliner

The Album will come.

« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2006, 04:01:26 AM »

I agree with that statement .? ?That is why i didn't spend my money on Hammerstein shows? .? i want to see good video coverage ( RIR)? of this band before I spend my money on them.? Bad bootlegs? and fanatics testimonials? are not good enough for me.? i need to see a tv quality bootleg before I decide.? ?
Dont get me wrong I am still going to see them no matter what. unless my wife has a kid or something....well if she is in delivery then i might not go.
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2006, 04:10:31 AM »

I dont think its fair to make judgements about Axl's mobility from what he did on a cramped stage in a more than packed club.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2006, 04:51:35 AM »

axl's mobility, the man was at a tiny venue with 8 people onstage it was packed, plus the pyros, fireworks, etc.. He did fine, no need for wind sprints..  He bolted when he had to.. Somr snake dancing as well Grin
badapple81
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2006, 05:38:56 AM »

As long as there is a bit of the snake that's all that matters  hihi

I'm sure there will be a bit more running etc on the bigger stages like RIR.

I'd rather him move less and conserve more energy for the vocal performance side of things.
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2006, 06:28:22 AM »

me too, the more he runs the more winded he gets and this affects his vocals adversley

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
Eeebs
I was kissed by Matt Sorum!!
VIP

Riot Act

« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2006, 06:43:20 AM »

Axl's movement is great.  There is nothing wrong with the way he does or doesn't move.  He puts on one hell of a performance and has an amazing stage presence.  One can't really ask for anything more.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: