Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 12:23:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Who should tour with/open for GN'R?
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 25 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Who should tour with/open for GN'R?  (Read 63579 times)
directionality
Headliner

« Reply #380 on: March 09, 2006, 01:34:07 AM »

Alice Cooper, The Screaming Jets, and Guns N' Roses should do a few shows together. That would kick so much arse.

peace

I'd go for Alice Cooper if he didn't play any of his new material... he needs to really reinvent himself in a different way to become interesting again.
gnr_12
Rocker

Nothin' Lasts Forever...

« Reply #381 on: March 09, 2006, 01:38:26 AM »

well at least if he (cooper) toured with GNR he could do his part in the garden haha

That goes for all you punks in the press, That want to start shit by printin' lies, Instead of the things we said, That means you, Andy Secher, Mick Wall ,Bob Guccione Jr.
Get In the Fuckin Ring Punks
ROSE22
« Reply #382 on: March 09, 2006, 01:45:40 AM »

Avenged Sevenfold are a poser band. They're obsessed with trying to be as Gn'Rlike as possible, without being a tribute band, and without the talent.

They also all wear the same thing, and you can't distinguish the bandmembers from each other as they have no personal style, they're just going by what they think is "cool" and should reeeeally fuck the hell off. They're NOTHING on Gn'R and never will be! EVER!

I'd rather see Gn'R tour with Bitchney Spears than with Avenged. That way, she'd get murdered by the amount of broken glass bottles chucked at her at full force from an angry crowd, and we'd get to see Gn'R afterwards!! What an awesome show!! A murdered globally-hated manufactured pop abomination, and a legendary band coming back after a decade and a half of waiting! peace
                    chill out ! no one said avenged is any where near as good as guns. and i'm not a britney fan but wishing a mother dead is just wrong.............bad karma if you ask me. 
Gordi
« Reply #383 on: March 09, 2006, 08:34:56 AM »

Weezer, The Darkness, Silverchair ummmmmmmmm It's really hard to think of any isn't it!
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #384 on: March 09, 2006, 09:14:00 AM »

avenged sevenfold, buckcherry, or backyard babies. any of those 3 would be awesome!!

avenged sevenfold would kick ass, they're awesome live and they love the new gnr. to quote synyster "they're fucking awesome"

how about the Chili Peppers....They are touring at the same time......
gnr would have to open for the chili's now. i mean the chili's sold out hyde park 3 nights in a row, no other band has done that ever.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2006, 09:16:03 AM by Alan » Logged

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
Elrothiel
« Reply #385 on: March 09, 2006, 09:56:47 AM »

Avenged Sevenfold are a poser band. They're obsessed with trying to be as Gn'Rlike as possible, without being a tribute band, and without the talent.

They also all wear the same thing, and you can't distinguish the bandmembers from each other as they have no personal style, they're just going by what they think is "cool" and should reeeeally fuck the hell off. They're NOTHING on Gn'R and never will be! EVER!

I'd rather see Gn'R tour with Bitchney Spears than with Avenged. That way, she'd get murdered by the amount of broken glass bottles chucked at her at full force from an angry crowd, and we'd get to see Gn'R afterwards!! What an awesome show!! A murdered globally-hated manufactured pop abomination, and a legendary band coming back after a decade and a half of waiting! peace
chill out ! no one said avenged is any where near as good as guns. and i'm not a britney fan but wishing a mother dead is just wrong.............bad karma if you ask me.

OkOk... I forgot she had a kid, so I wasn't thinkin' of Mom!Britney ... more like AnnoyingManufacturedPopShit!Britney... I don't really keep up in the goings on in her life. Roll Eyes

OK, Christina Aguilera then. She ain't a mom, so no one will miss her if she dies from Mass Broken Bottle Throwage. hihi rofl *insane evil laugh*
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #386 on: March 09, 2006, 10:37:17 AM »

The Subways Cool

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #387 on: March 09, 2006, 11:26:06 AM »

Quote from: SkynyrdGirl

they sound nothing like GnR, are one of the few bands around today that can write strong songs and actually have a guitarist who is capable of playing strong solos and leads. so where you draw you comparisons from is beyond me.

and you think the members look like each other?

i don't see much similar there aside from tats.

now on topic, add the fact that they are getting popular now amoungst younger people to the mix of great songs and their love of GnR (both old and new) and you've got the perfect opening act.

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #388 on: March 09, 2006, 12:53:15 PM »

They new a new hard rock band to open. Someone who can bring in more fans to fill up arenas (if they tour the us) bands like CKY and Mix Master mike will not help.  If GnR wants to get new fans and be taken serious as a contender for new rock they can't tour with someone like Alice Cooper (whom I do love) but rather a new hard rock band that has 2 big singles.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
oneAXLinamillion
Headliner

« Reply #389 on: March 09, 2006, 01:12:06 PM »

audioslave Cool
pasnow
VIP

« Reply #390 on: March 10, 2006, 10:41:15 AM »

Would it be a safe guess to say "Army of Anyone" will open??

{Army of Anyone is new band consisting of the DeLeo Brothers of STP and Filter/NIN's Richard Patrick}
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #391 on: March 10, 2006, 10:45:26 AM »

{Army of Anyone is new band consisting of the DeLeo Brothers of STP and Filter/NIN's Richard Patrick}

That would be pretty fucking interesting to see.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
AxlGunner
VIP

Ryu says: I am NOT a llama!

« Reply #392 on: March 10, 2006, 11:34:45 AM »

Hoobastank?

hihi

Nah, there just aren't any good bands anymore...

now you know me better
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #393 on: March 10, 2006, 11:40:48 AM »

Scott Weiland doing Stand-Up Comedy

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
Siliconmessiah
« Reply #394 on: March 10, 2006, 11:43:25 AM »

Scott Weiland doing Stand-Up Comedy

rofl
toddb1211
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #395 on: March 13, 2006, 07:45:03 PM »

Black Label Society and Guns n Roses would be a kickass show
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #396 on: March 13, 2006, 07:55:15 PM »

that is an awesome awesome idea. what the hell is going on with this project? last i heard the record was being mixed in late january and mastered mid february.

how funny is that a couple of the members from scott's old group opening for GnR LOL.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2006, 07:58:22 PM by GnFnR87 » Logged

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #397 on: March 13, 2006, 08:35:36 PM »

buckcherry...a HIGHLY underrated band that deserves the recognition....they just got back together and have a new album coming out...much like gnr, they are on a comeback....plus their old school rock style would be a good fit

I LOVE buckcherrys first and second disc and Josh Todd's solo stufff...but have you heard the new album? ....? Sad? ?I was really really disappointed.

are you nuts?? their new album is supposed to be their best yet...and todd's solo stuff wasn't that great...

maybe you should give it another listen...because everyone says it kicks ass

yeah, i must be CRAZY for having my own opinion!!?!?!?? ?hihi? ?Honestly, I was so disappointed, when a song comes on my IPod I just hit skip.? Very very lame effort.

Have you even heard it yourself? or you're just calling me crazy from what other people you've talked to have said about it??? ? Roll Eyes

Back on topic - I've only heard one AX7 song in its entirety and that was "bat country".? Pretty lame song.? Reminded me of sevendust (vocally at least).? The other songs were some dude screaming/growling and it just sounded like total noise.? Once I heard these guys "nick names" I just had to laugh.? They reek of Poser-itis.? M. Shadows?? Synister gates?Huh sounds like nerdy Dungeons and Dragons characters.? And the eye make up on the guitarist in that pic one dude posted....oh please.? I'll have to listen to other songs to get the full picture, but all the reviews I've heard make a lot of Priest and Maiden references, which would be cool if AX7 actually sounded like them Wink? I see another band that is here today, gone tomorrow.

Give em a go, AX7 aren't that bad as some people are making them about to be. Yeah, 'Waking the Fallen' is mostly screaming vocals but that works for me...their latest album is more rock but with elements of maiden, metallica and pantera.

As for nick names what about 'Slash' and 'Duff'? GN'R all used to wear make up when they fist started out as well...

Here today...ready to rock
damien24
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #398 on: March 21, 2006, 12:17:38 AM »

Danko Jones~
Elrothiel
« Reply #399 on: March 21, 2006, 12:25:56 PM »

Tokyo Dragons.

ok

They fuckin' rock!
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 25 Go Up Print