Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 04:29:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Who should tour with/open for GN'R?
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 25 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Who should tour with/open for GN'R?  (Read 63819 times)
spacebrain5000
Rocker

feelin' like a space brain one more time tonight..

« Reply #300 on: February 27, 2006, 06:35:27 PM »

Well, I vote for Avenged Sevenfold-
Seems to me that their fans are fairly young types who consider themselves into hardcore, rock n roll... why not have their fans come for avenged sevenfold, and once GNR hit the stage.... show em what REAL rock n' roll is  peace
No disrespect to A7X, in fact I think their last record was quite good, it has some jamming songs, and their players are quite talented. I'm tired of having opening acts that if you come for the main band, provide you with no interest because it's so out far reaching for a completely different set of fans. Seriously, why is Nine inch nails touring with Saul Williams? Seriously....

robots.
blasphemer
Banned
Rocker

Are You A Dead MonkeY?

« Reply #301 on: February 27, 2006, 09:17:00 PM »

Pearl Jam,  theres a honest, kick ass rock band.    Fuck that gay weezer talk.  weezer LMFAO.  I even heard some retard say Linkin Park. WTF is that shit.

Kayne West qoute "George Bush dont like black people".  Kayne West is like the resurrection of Jesus Christ. Shes a gold digger says it all.  His mind, his ideas, his art, is nothing short of genius.
Natywat
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #302 on: February 27, 2006, 09:55:36 PM »

I would have said Cold this morning, until they broke up this afternoon.
Elrothiel
« Reply #303 on: February 28, 2006, 10:02:04 PM »

hihi Fair enough!

DragonForce then!

Great choice ok

Why thankya!! Grin ok

And perhaps SPiT LiKE THiS... they fuckin' rock!! peace
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #304 on: February 28, 2006, 10:22:00 PM »

With the rumor upcoming GnR tour, I was wondering who each of you thinks should open up for GnR.

I am thinking Weezer. I am not the biggest weezer fan but they were honored to do it before and still like Axl. They have enough appeal to bring in extra fans. (something all good tours need). They have enough good singles and are a good enough to fill the arenas and it would be a great Rock Show.

Any other ideas?

Weezer would be swell.

Tool, but I think they're too big of a band to really open for anyone... but a tour together would be killer.
selliott07
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #305 on: March 01, 2006, 12:46:13 AM »

Audioslave----Chris Cornell joining Axl for some classic Gn'R tunes...  That would be pretty cool!  (but I don't think Cornell is a big Axl fan)
MikeM512
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #306 on: March 01, 2006, 12:49:48 AM »

The thing Avenged Sevenfold would be perfect to tour with GNR. This band sounds like GNR and they are a really popular band. Listen to the song "Seize The Day" by Avenged Sevenfold and tell me they don't sound like Guns N' Roses.

If not them I would like to see Disturbed tour with GNR. Besides the fact that Disturbed is my favorite band it would be good to see them tour because GNR were the best of the late 80's and early 90's and Disturbed are considered the best in metal right now.
damien24
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #307 on: March 01, 2006, 01:48:41 AM »

anyone of these would do

Dashboard Confessional
Good Charlotte
Poison
New Found Glory
Reginald K's Funky Express Bus
Will Smith
Simple Plan
They Might Be Giants
Kelly Osbourne
Yellowcard
Smash Mouth
Busta Rhymes
The Eagles

but for real i think Korn is a good choice,  or the Re-United Smashing Pumpkins.
awolgnr
Headliner

Don't you think that you need somebody?

« Reply #308 on: March 01, 2006, 02:14:47 AM »

I'd be happy to see any of the following (preferably two of the following) and the second band can just play until the stars align and Axl is ready to hit the stage....

Jet
Avenged Sevenfold
The Darkness
Saliva
Beautiful Creatures
Ashba
Backyard Babies
Crash Kelly
The Bones
Dirty Americans
(check out record label Liquor and Poker's web site for more info on the last four bands... this label is keeping Sunset Strip sleazy glam metal alive!)

awolgnr69

I've been where I have been and I've seen what I have seen...
Deadfeat
Opening Act

Here Today.....waiting forever

« Reply #309 on: March 01, 2006, 02:29:55 AM »

NOBODY......Guns N Roses....No Opener!!!

That is all.

What is Chinese Democracy?
Elrothiel
« Reply #310 on: March 01, 2006, 12:10:35 PM »

anyone of these would do

Dashboard Confessional
Good Charlotte
Poison
New Found Glory
Reginald K's Funky Express Bus
Will Smith
Simple Plan
They Might Be Giants
Kelly Osbourne
Yellowcard
Smash Mouth
Busta Rhymes
The Eagles

but for real i think Korn is a good choice, or the Re-United Smashing Pumpkins.

OK, WHAT!!? Most of those bands are fuckin' emo shitbags who don't even deserve to breathe the same air as Axl, let alone open for him!!! Simple Plan and New Found Glory? WHAT THE FUCK!? Those assholes can fuck right off!! Good Charlotte? They're a joke! Dashboard Confessional? Those shitbags? They should go stick their heads in a fuckin' blender!!

And POISON!!!?? I'm sorry, but NO FUCKIN' WAY! Poison tried to stop Gn'R gettin' signed way back when just because they were scared of Gn'R's obvious superior talent!! Why the fuck should they open for them now? They can fuck right off!! Besides, they fuckin' suck ass!

The only ones in that list who are fit to open are The Eagles and Korn. I'm not a huge Korn fan, but they're much better to open than ANY of those emo fuckheads in that list.

Sorry if I've offended your music taste dude... I'm just outraged at the IDEA that any of them should open for the complete and utter AWESOMENESS that is Guns N' Fuckin' Roses.
badintentions
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #311 on: March 01, 2006, 12:18:53 PM »

Hands down Avenged Sevenfold. They are tailor made for this. They would help sell more tickets (not that gnr will need help if they release the album before the tour). But they would help get younger people in. Also, I think the older crowd would be more accepting of Avenged than any of the younger bands out there. It would be much cooler to get them, an up and coming current band, than some older non relavant band like Weezer, Pearl Jam or even the Foo Fighters.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #312 on: March 01, 2006, 12:28:52 PM »

OK, WHAT!!? Most of those bands are fuckin' emo shitbags who don't even deserve to breathe the same air as Axl, let alone open for him!!! Simple Plan and New Found Glory? WHAT THE FUCK!? Those assholes can fuck right off!! Good Charlotte? They're a joke! Dashboard Confessional? Those shitbags? They should go stick their heads in a fuckin' blender!!

And POISON!!!?? I'm sorry, but NO FUCKIN' WAY! Poison tried to stop Gn'R gettin' signed way back when just because they were scared of Gn'R's obvious superior talent!! Why the fuck should they open for them now? They can fuck right off!! Besides, they fuckin' suck ass!

The only ones in that list who are fit to open are The Eagles and Korn. I'm not a huge Korn fan, but they're much better to open than ANY of those emo fuckheads in that list.

Sorry if I've offended your music taste dude... I'm just outraged at the IDEA that any of them should open for the complete and utter AWESOMENESS that is Guns N' Fuckin' Roses.
That is a horrible post. Why cant you allow someone to have an opinion? Every time you post, its to either criticize someone or talk about sex. Pathetic. I am surprised anyone even talks to you on here.

badintentions
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #313 on: March 01, 2006, 12:31:20 PM »

i hate emo for the most part, don't get me wrong. but it is hard for me to take someone's music opinion seriously that has 'skynard' in their screen name.
Elrothiel
« Reply #314 on: March 01, 2006, 12:49:07 PM »

Why cant you allow someone to have an opinion?

How am I stopping that person having an opinion? Just because I flew off the handle there doesn't mean I'm saying that damien24 can't like emo if he wants to. I'm not even stopping him posting that he likes emo. So what.

But you JamesLofton... I think your post was rather hypocritical. You're sayin' that I'm not allowing someone to have an opinion, yet by saying that, you're not allowing ME to have an opinion.

Now quit being such a baby and learn to deal with the fact that SOME people just don't give a shit what you think!

i hate emo for the most part, don't get me wrong. but it is hard for me to take someone's music opinion seriously that has 'skynard' in their screen name.

So you don't like Lynyrd Skynyrd. Big deal. I'm not judging Damien24 for liking emo. His comments are as valid as the next man's. And so are mine. You can't judge someone on what they like. Actually, you can't judge ANYONE you've not even heard of before.

Anyway. Can we get back to the topic now? Are we done fighting now? Or are you two gunna keep bludgeoning me with pointless comments about how "pathetic" I am for expressing my opinions and having a sense of humor?
Chief
Legend

« Reply #315 on: March 01, 2006, 12:55:14 PM »

OURS should open for them. they have a new album coming out supposedly and the singer is amazing!!

anyone want to check out some stuff go here:

www.killtheband.com

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
dont_damn_me
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #316 on: March 03, 2006, 12:19:46 AM »

Anyway. Can we get back to the topic now? Are we done fighting now? Or are you two gunna keep bludgeoning me with pointless comments about how "pathetic" I am for expressing my opinions and having a sense of humor?

Obviously not a very good sense of humor, those bands that dude listed was a joke!!....you didn't get it and decided to go on a rant. pretty damn hilarious!!!  hihi peace
Elrothiel
« Reply #317 on: March 03, 2006, 11:02:43 AM »

Yea I have a twisted sense of humor DDM... my mainstream humor doesn't really show itself much... therefore I take some jokes seriously and some serious stuff not-seriously... hihi And yea I ranted. But of course I'm going to rant if someone pisses me off. Its natural. Cheesy

Anyhoo! How bout the Peppermint Creeps to support Gn'R... not a big time band, but they're kewl! peace
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #318 on: March 03, 2006, 11:09:08 AM »

Disturbed, Shinedown, Avenge Sevenfold...all would be good choices, I think.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
1badapple
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #319 on: March 03, 2006, 11:11:01 AM »

avenged sevenfold, buckcherry, or backyard babies. any of those 3 would be awesome!!

i'd probably vote for backyard babies since i've never gotten to see them live yet, and because their stateside appearances are few and far between. they're huge in sweden though i hear.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 25 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: