Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 06:31:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Who should tour with/open for GN'R?
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 25 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Who should tour with/open for GN'R?  (Read 63901 times)
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #260 on: February 22, 2006, 02:23:41 PM »

Yea, Weezer would be a good idea. Can't really think of any more, maybe the Darkness?

I would love the Darkness to play as openers for GNR

I would HATE the Darkness to open for GNR. Maybe an upcoming band like the Arctic Monkeys or someone.
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #261 on: February 22, 2006, 02:42:58 PM »

Jet? Jet fucking sucks. Sorry to say it so blunt but yeah... Not for GnR.. Too POP sounding. They are't that popular in America anyway so I doubt it. Shinedown, Brand New Sin(a bit heavy but rocked when they opened for BLS), or another newer Rock band..

Jet is too Pop Sounding?? OK??

Jet isn't popular in America?, but Shinedown and Brand New Sin are? Where did you come up with this? (not that I don't like Shinedown, but to say that they are more popular in the US is insane)

tp4ever84
Headliner

GNR For Fucking Ever

« Reply #262 on: February 22, 2006, 02:57:42 PM »

No band out today is more popular then GNR had been(80 million records sold), I think the bigger bands we have mentioned (Audioslave, White Stripes, ect.) would open for them just because they are GNR because of Axl they would jump on the chance.
Elrothiel
« Reply #263 on: February 22, 2006, 03:05:05 PM »

Queens of the Stone Age.
DragonForce
Lynyrd Skynyrd (that would be FUCKIN' AWESOME!!!)
Towers of London
Skindred
MOTLEY CRUE!!! (my GOD that would be interesting!! Axl and Vince seein' each other again... what a showdown!!)
The Strokes (I'm personally not a fan, but apparantly they're huge Gn'R fans... I heard a rumor that they were gunna do a cover of NR!!)
Ani DiFranco (she fuckin' rocks!)
Elton John (that would fuckin' rock also!!)
Firewind
OpusBridge

etc etc etc....

NOT My Chemical Romance. NOT Bullet For My Valentine. NOT HIM. NOT Trivium. Not ANY vampire obsessed-blackdyedhaired-redeyeshadowwearing band with nasal vocals and three power chords played in the same order throughout every song. BLEH!

if you had LS or MS would there be much room for actuall gnr fans??

WHy are so many people picking huge established bands with followings that could sell ou these venues alone..?

I picked those bands because I like them. Yea, so what, they're established. If it was possible I'd have Guns N' Roses supporting Guns N' Roses!! But that's impossible, so I'm picking the other bands I like. ok If that's not a problem with His Majesty MikeGiuliana... hihi
Pdj79
Headliner

Rockin' the cowbell since '79!!!

« Reply #264 on: February 22, 2006, 03:14:33 PM »

Nashville Pussy
Supersuckers

There's something very 'Spinal Tap' about all this.  - Slash
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #265 on: February 22, 2006, 03:15:53 PM »

Hanson

Mmmmm Bop is HUGE in Europe.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Rocket_queen125
« Reply #266 on: February 24, 2006, 06:12:43 PM »

incubus
jmapelian
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #267 on: February 24, 2006, 06:49:44 PM »

all the musicians who left the band, that worked on cd
warrocks
VIP

Dance Of Fate....we're not afraid...

« Reply #268 on: February 24, 2006, 08:19:13 PM »

Sinergy!! some pop metal (from the good one) wouldn't be bad  smoking peace

..... Till Death Do us Apart.....GNR forever!
fear the juggalo
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #269 on: February 24, 2006, 08:25:22 PM »

AVENGED SEVENFOLD!!!! they would really help on ticket sales also
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #270 on: February 24, 2006, 08:30:54 PM »

Jet? Jet fucking sucks. Sorry to say it so blunt but yeah... Not for GnR.. Too POP sounding. They are't that popular in America anyway so I doubt it. Shinedown, Brand New Sin(a bit heavy but rocked when they opened for BLS), or another newer Rock band..

Jet is too Pop Sounding?? OK??

Jet isn't popular in America?, but Shinedown and Brand New Sin are? Where did you come up with this? (not that I don't like Shinedown, but to say that they are more popular in the US is insane)

Those are two I just would love to see open. And Yes, Jet is too POP sounding.. Every single on the radio has sounded POP.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
AxlRose4eva1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #271 on: February 24, 2006, 08:48:14 PM »

Axl showed with the most recent tour he doesnt want a big named band and I could see them having two opening acts.  I think bands that they should look at are:

My Morning Jacket  (New, interesting, somewhat still unknown classic sounding rock band)

Coheed and Cambria- possibly a little too popular, but still havent quite exploded and an opening gig for GNR would help both groups.

Fantomas or Mr. Bungle-  Both weird, both cool, both insane, both led by Mike Patton.  Patton seems to have gotten along with Axl opening for them and Metallica back with FNM and he has a cult following which will sell tickets, plus Axl can force him to perform Epic everynight to please the crowd.

AFI- good, semi popular punk band, better that weezer or greenday for 1/4 of the baggage

THe Yeah Yeah Yeahs- now that would be a sick tour.  The 3Y's are so simple that a 30-45 minute set will be plenty, only problem is Karen O may be a bit too interesting.

With Axl's admitted love for music outside his genre i think there are innumerable possibilities.  Hopefully if he chooses music unlike his it will not be a DJ like last time and maybe some interesting band like Surfjan Stevens or The Decemberists or something like that.  I noticed someoen mentioned some country bands, and I think Drive by Truckers would be great, country rock group, talented and smart.  A lot depends on when they tour, if the album is out, where and how long the tour will be etc...
jmapelian
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #272 on: February 24, 2006, 10:33:38 PM »

trashlightvision
Megaguns
« Reply #273 on: February 25, 2006, 07:59:19 AM »

audioslave
Elrothiel
« Reply #274 on: February 25, 2006, 08:08:59 AM »

Michael Angelo Batio... peace
Chief
Legend

« Reply #275 on: February 25, 2006, 07:34:21 PM »

My Morning jacket absolutley RULES!!!!!!!!!!!! good call but it may not happen. i think they may get some lesser known bands, i dunno.

I thought of Beck. don't know if it has been mentioned but it would be pretty sweet. again i don't know if they could pull off getting him but i'd dig it!!

also, i believe that the tour should have about 4 or so different openers in different parts of the country to change things up, maybe more depending on the size of the tour.

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
disease51883
Rocker

Hey, you caught me in a Coma...

« Reply #276 on: February 25, 2006, 07:34:33 PM »

This is the first discussion-encouraging thread that I've ever started. So go easy on me. I was just thinking about the types of opening acts Axl tends to choose. He usually goes with bands outside of the hard rock genre. This was true in the old days (Nine Inch Nails and Faith No More), and it's been true more recently (Weezer and CKY). I suppose that he's trying to show his diversity and appeal to fans of more alternative bands. It doesn't seem to work out very often though. The crowds are 95% Appetite for Destruction fans, and a lot of them shit on bands who sound different than that style of music. From what I understand, it happened with all the opening acts that I mentioned. I personally think that those bands range from acceptable to great, and I wish that the crowd would have been a little more open-minded. If you think about it, the opening act situation is like a smaller version of the entire Chinese Democracy situation, with Axl trying to take GNR's music in one direction and a group of AC/DC t-shirt wearing fans pulling him in the opposite direction. So how do YOU suggest Axl solves this problem (The opening act problem, that is).
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #277 on: February 25, 2006, 07:36:47 PM »

So how do YOU suggest Axl solves this problem (The opening act problem, that is).

get a gnr tribute band to cover AFD?  Grin

badapple81
« Reply #278 on: February 25, 2006, 07:37:20 PM »

Well although it is still unconfirmed and I haven't read the other threads but I think they have cancelled, the fact that Motley Crue was chosen for Dublin and they are doing shows like the Gods of Metal suggests that they are looking to win over the old school R&R again. So we may yet seen some old school R&R bands open this time around.
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #279 on: February 25, 2006, 07:39:43 PM »

These festivals have nothing to do with who Axl would pick to (open) for GNR on their own tour.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 25 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: