Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 03:42:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228483 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Anyone think Axl needs to be ANGRY again
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Anyone think Axl needs to be ANGRY again  (Read 9553 times)
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2006, 03:03:04 PM »

His old live voice sounded like his vocal chords were ran over by a cheese grader. The new Axl is much better.

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
just_one
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2006, 03:04:43 PM »

yeah i actually miss the OLD axl rose Sad
the insane motherf**** with a powervoice not a weaken voice like today Sad

his voice sounds much better 2006 than in 2002

but it doesnt come close to the voice that gave him all he has today.
the 88\91\92\93 voice Wink ?

i totally love gnr and axl but i just saw ritz 88 and paris 92 last night and today heard the 14th may concert in nyc and without any doubt axl has lost the power he used to had on his voice peace
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2006, 03:12:58 PM »

If you think his voice sounds better at the Ritz in 88 than it does now, then you must live in a really big building, with a large gated yard, where you're observed by nice people in white suits as you spend your days finger painting, while taking vast ammounts of medication.

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
clarkwork0
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2006, 03:14:51 PM »

Anger and Angst is ok when you are younger. ?As you get older it becomes a little silly to run around and throw temper tantrums. ?I am happy to see Axl the way he is now. ?I'm sure he still has problems but to see him out again in the public eye is great. ?So if you want him to be angry again at the world be prepared to never hear any new music or see him in public again.
just_one
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2006, 03:15:38 PM »

i would take axl?s voice on ritz88 , the tokyo dvds (rocket queen , the sail away intro ?, pc , etc) and paris 92 over his 2006 voice any given day

the raw power of his voice back then was just amazing
Mr.Bootlegs
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2006, 03:16:01 PM »

Back in the day it was great when Axl would be on the edge. That's what made him produce the best songs, the most rock n roll songs, that when he performed you were just like, 'fuck yeah!' And the whole band had a certain appeal to them like that. Steven with drugs, duff with drink, Slash was always unpredictable, Izzy was quiet on stage, but if anyone knows anything about Izzy, he was arguably the most rock n roll of the group off stage, shooting his AK at neighbours, pissing on planes and stuff. That's what made GNR what it was, the lifestyle of it all. Thats why they were given the title of , 'The Most Dangerous Band In The World'. I remember at the start someone said, 'They will be great if they live long enough' Axl stil plays the old songs from Appetite and the best Illusion ones probably mainly becuase they are the songs that make people go crazy, and i mean fucking crazy screaming 'fuck yeah' like i said. I still get a high from hearing the old songs. I remember when VR played Brownstone live, the opening drum riff went on for ages and the place went mad like ive never seen. It must have been great back in the day when GNR played it. That's why i love old gnr bootlegs becuase there has never been a band that had that quality to them on stage and were genuine, and also there was enver a gnr song i didnt like. Anyway back to my point here. I dont' think Axl will ever recreate those classic hard rock songs, i'm not saying he wont put in the effort and try, but 1) He doesn't have the 'us against the world' quality he once had and 2) he needs the old guys to do it, period.
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2006, 03:18:58 PM »

I was watching all my old vids of the band from the Ritz to Argentina 93 and I know Axl sounds 1000x better than 02 and much closer to vintage but I think I found the missing link

Axl's too damn happy now.  He is always smiling and making jokes.  Where's bi-polar Axl?   rofl  The growl and force behind his voice was so angry, I think that is what drove him in the 90s.

Sounds stupid but if you think about it, it makes sense

fuck off, there is as much energy in happiness as there is in sadness and anger.

Who are you to wish unhappiness onto another human being ?

You sad soul ! rant

Nothing to say
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2006, 03:20:18 PM »

go and buy yourself old DVD's then, but don't you go wishing stupid stuff as well !

Nothing to say
Mr.Bootlegs
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2006, 03:22:18 PM »

If you think his voice sounds better at the Ritz in 88 than it does now, then you must live in a really big building, with a large gated yard, where you're observed by nice people in white suits as you spend your days finger painting, while taking vast ammounts of medication.

I know the Ritz was really rasp in overdrive but come on, at least he tried back then. I laughed today when i listened to the 14th concert at Hammerstein and Axl said something like, 'you fuckers are so loud all i can hear of myself up here is"ffff gg nnn ppp ddd"', and i just thought to myself, yea thats all we can hear too! Maybe an exageration i know its funny. Anyways, voice or not, Ritz 88 is one of the greatest Axl performances of all time, neh THE GREATEST!
Sillything
VIP

« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2006, 03:27:36 PM »

Of course he should be as happy as possible peace

Stockholm 1991, 1993, 1995 (Slash), 2006,2015 (Slash), 2017
Roskilde: 2006
Helsinki 2010
Prague: 2010, 2017,2022
Milano: 2012
Aarhus: 2016 (Ac/Dc),
Berlin: 2018
Tallin: 2018
Gothenburg 2018
McGann
Haiku writing motherfucker
VIP

My hat is HEAVY-DUTY tinfoil

« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2006, 03:27:49 PM »

Anger and Angst is ok when you are younger. ?As you get older it becomes a little silly to run around and throw temper tantrums. ?I am happy to see Axl the way he is now. ?I'm sure he still has problems but to see him out again in the public eye is great. ?So if you want him to be angry again at the world be prepared to never hear any new music or see him in public again.

You nailed that one, sir.
Axl is an adult now.
I say good for him.

He's no angry youth
Most audience has grown up
And matured with him.

(NOT cutting on youth,
Please understand, just saying
Most Guns fans ain't kids!) Smiley

Splash

/Mike

"When fascism came to America, it was called 'Political Correctness' and waved a culturally relative flag."
-Mike McGann
Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2006, 03:28:18 PM »

There were quite a few spots the final 3 nights where Axl was hard to hear. Part of that was simply the instruments were cranked up so loud, the other part I think is he was worried about blowing out his voice again like he did the first night. Yes he got Sebastians vocal coach, but he had to know all the shit he would have caught if he had to cancel a show because he couldn't sing.

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2006, 03:33:23 PM »

I don't think we need an angry Axl. At least not all the time. I still hope that he'll flip off sometimes.

But I wish the man to remain happy like he does right now, with friends, good times etc.

I think he has spend enough time on a dark side.

Besides, he's 44 now. So no need to act like a crazy angry youth rofl

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
Mr.Bootlegs
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2006, 03:34:17 PM »

There were quite a few spots the final 3 nights where Axl was hard to hear. Part of that was simply the instruments were cranked up so loud, the other part I think is he was worried about blowing out his voice again like he did the first night. Yes he got Sebastians vocal coach, but he had to know all the shit he would have caught if he had to cancel a show because he couldn't sing.

OK that's true, but it sucks that his voice is like that nowadays
Chief
Legend

« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2006, 03:39:14 PM »

Ritz was great but i cant believe so many people like tokyo. there were a TON Of shows way better than that one.  Axl sounds Terrible in those tokyo shows, so now i never even watch them!

i would take axl?s voice on ritz88 , the tokyo dvds (rocket queen , the sail away intro  , pc , etc) and paris 92 over his 2006 voice any given day

the raw power of his voice back then was just amazing

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
Eric
« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2006, 03:43:10 PM »

I think no matter how happy Axl is, he will vent his anger onstage-I think a lot of performers would say this
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2006, 08:35:14 PM »

his voice sounds much better 2006 than in 2002

but it doesnt come close to the voice that gave him all he has today.
the 88\91\92\93 voice Wink ?

i totally love gnr and axl but i just saw ritz 88 and paris 92 last night and today heard the 14th may concert in nyc and without any doubt axl has lost the power he used to had on his voice peace

and that was 13-18 years ago?  he is 44 now, not 26 Tongue
Jonathan
« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2006, 08:51:07 PM »

I like Axl happy.

He talks to us.? He goes on tour.? MAYBE we'll even get an album out of him.

"Angry" Axl?

Not so much.
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #38 on: May 23, 2006, 10:44:20 PM »

Angry Axl
= Irrational Behaviour
= Unhappy fans
= Unhappy bandmates
= Tension
= Band members leaving
= Shit flung at lead singer
= Singer goes into recluse
= 13 year wait for an album

JustWckd
Rocker

It happened in my lifetime!!!

« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2006, 05:38:19 AM »

1st of all, some of you are FUCKING CRAZY.

2nd of all, I don't wish bad things on Axl

3rd of all, I wonder if some of you know how to comprehend what you read. 

I was merely stating that Axl had a power behind his voice in the late 80s/early 90s that stemmed from his anger on certain events in his life.  His raw emotion is what made those songs classics (as well as the rest of the bands contributions).  In case you haven't noticed, that power behind his voice is gone

Yes, he sounds good in the Hammerstein shows but if oyu think he sounds any better than he did 15 years ago, you're nuts.

Axl needs to find that drive that powered him 15 years ago.  And in case you haven't noticed, nothing has really driven him the last 8 years.  Yes, we MAY get CD this year but we thought that in 02 too.

I just can't believe how this board has gone from a discussion board to a puppy love fest.

12/27/11 Phoenix
04/08/16 Vegas!!!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: