Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2024, 11:26:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228477 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Good book on GNR?
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Good book on GNR?  (Read 6243 times)
Chief
Legend

« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2006, 02:00:15 AM »

isn't some woman working on such a book? i forget the name right now but it was first mentioned about a year ago.  i think it will be pretty lame personally unless she gets interviews with Axl and the other band members....

hey just a idea

this might sound like it is meant in mockery but i would love to see a book detailing "the road to chinese democracy" or something like that...they can pick up at the end of the original GNR era, maybe detailing the last show they ever did as the original lineup, and then pick up from there, feature a whole lot of interviews with various producers, musicians, record company people, close friends and whoever, and just put together a book about the gradual process of Chinese Democracy, how Axl was feeling during that time, and stuff like that..

it also sounds like an idea for a dvd...i dunno just a random suggestion in passing

im sure people would love to hear the experiences of working with axl during the years, if he ever hit a wall creatively, stuff like that..i dunno

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2006, 02:05:46 AM »

I thought this would be a thread about biblical references to GnR.

Damn.
gnrlies247
Rocker

Axl- you fuckin' rock!

« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2006, 02:48:38 AM »

The Band That Time Forgot.. by Paul Stenning(?)

Yeah, i think thats a great book, it mostly talks about axl, but then again he is the only original member left so it would.Everybody goes on about all the spelling mistakes in the book, but i didn't notice many.
Megaguns
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2006, 06:10:48 AM »

i have this book called "guns n roses in their own words", Its basically a book full of quotes from interviews from 1986-1993 There is some cool shit in there, Stuff from izzy on why he left, duff tells the story of their first tour(hell tour from memory) And just a few quotes from outsiders.
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2006, 06:43:07 AM »

isn't some woman working on such a book? i forget the name right now but it was first mentioned about a year ago.? i think it will be pretty lame personally unless she gets interviews with Axl and the other band members....

hey just a idea

this might sound like it is meant in mockery but i would love to see a book detailing "the road to chinese democracy" or something like that...they can pick up at the end of the original GNR era, maybe detailing the last show they ever did as the original lineup, and then pick up from there, feature a whole lot of interviews with various producers, musicians, record company people, close friends and whoever, and just put together a book about the gradual process of Chinese Democracy, how Axl was feeling during that time, and stuff like that..

it also sounds like an idea for a dvd...i dunno just a random suggestion in passing

im sure people would love to hear the experiences of working with axl during the years, if he ever hit a wall creatively, stuff like that..i dunno

Sorrelle Saidman has been working on a book for ages and it was supposed to be released in February but God knows what has happened to it. I think it will be published after CD's release

It can be found here...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0060786698/ref=sr_11_1/103-0318954-7602273?%5Fencoding=UTF8

Although there is no current projected release date.
Gargh!
Rocker

Danny Cockroach

« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2006, 07:48:26 AM »

The thing with bands that are still going is that any book you release will be out of date very quickly.  Hell, any book about The Beatles written in 1993 would have been very out of date the following year.  These things are, I think, best suited to extended magazine articles.

Welcome to the ZooFarm: www.myspace.com/dannycockrach

Please check us out and leave us some feedback.  If you live near us, it'd be great to see you at a show or something.  Rock on!
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: