Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 07:27:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Desperation
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Desperation  (Read 7274 times)
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2006, 06:33:06 PM »

I don't know how anybody can like Taylor Hicks, he doesn't have a good voice, he looks like he's 40 with all that gray hair and he acts like a dumbass on stage.

Anyways back to subject, I'm taking off work early to go see Desperation.

Markus,
  Have you watched any of the Idol?  Really watched it??  The chick McFee has no emotional connection to her music whatsoever.  Hicks may not be a "great" vocalist, but the guy sings from his heart.  I guarantee you that when the rejected Idol finalists are allowed to talk, they'll describe what a shallow b!tch McFee is.  There have been at least 12 separate instances of this chick demonstrating her arrogance and inability to connect with the song she sings.  She's a cute little rich girl with no life experience.  I hope Hicks proves nice guys don't finish last.  peace

P.S.  true story, I'm still finishing reading Desperation, a story with a rampaging, murderous cop.  Family's asleep late last night, 11:00 the doorbell rings.  It was a cop!  Some sort of banged-up car was parked out on the street near my house.  Yup, it scared me a little bit!   nervous

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2006, 06:45:13 PM »

I never said anything about the girl, I just don't like the guy. And yes, I've really watched American Idol.
Sterlingdog
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2006, 06:49:31 PM »

Markus,
  Have you watched any of the Idol?  Really watched it??  The chick McFee has no emotional connection to her music whatsoever.  Hicks may not be a "great" vocalist, but the guy sings from his heart.  I guarantee you that when the rejected Idol finalists are allowed to talk, they'll describe what a shallow b!tch McFee is.  There have been at least 12 separate instances of this chick demonstrating her arrogance and inability to connect with the song she sings.  She's a cute little rich girl with no life experience.  I hope Hicks proves nice guys don't finish last.  peace

With such strong opinions, you must know her personally, right?  Or perhaps you know the other finalists, since you can "guarantee" what their opinions are. 

Or maybe you are getting just a little too worked up over a tv show?
Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2006, 06:50:05 PM »

And yes, I've really watched American Idol.

"Do you know, how I know you're gay?"

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2006, 07:29:23 PM »

And yes, I've really watched American Idol.

"Do you know, how I know you're gay?"

Comments like this are only said in hopes of getting a reaction.

Well, you will get no reaction from me.
Miss Carousel
Headliner

« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2006, 08:10:03 PM »

I love Stephen King's books, but I've never seen any movies of the books impress me. I laughed throughout the 80s movie of Salem's lot.
Chelle
VIP

~Crazy Bitch~

« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2006, 08:27:17 PM »

I love Stephen King's books, but I've never seen any movies of the books impress me. I laughed throughout the 80s movie of Salem's lot.

Salem's Lot?... I was terrified   Embarrassed

"She was queen for about an hour...? after that, shit got sour... She took all I ever had.? No sign of guilt.? No feeling of bad, no..."
gun
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2006, 08:44:24 PM »

That would have been very hard to do since the movie didn't come out in the 80's...it was 1979  hihi
Miss Carousel
Headliner

« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2006, 09:58:07 PM »

Salem's Lot?... I was terrified? ?Embarrassed

Grin say it isn't so! I thought it was pure comedy. Their big vampire dude has got to be the worst villain ever.
Miss Carousel
Headliner

« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2006, 10:00:37 PM »

That would have been very hard to do since the movie didn't come out in the 80's...it was 1979? hihi.?

Ah you're right. I was gonna say 70s because I knew my Mom watched it in her day when it first came out, but I thought the book was released late 70s, and they wouldn't have got a chance to hurry a movie immediately after. Total B-Movie though, hilarious!
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2006, 10:22:27 PM »

Markus,
? Have you watched any of the Idol?? Really watched it??? The chick McFee has no emotional connection to her music whatsoever.? Hicks may not be a "great" vocalist, but the guy sings from his heart.? I guarantee you that when the rejected Idol finalists are allowed to talk, they'll describe what a shallow b!tch McFee is.? There have been at least 12 separate instances of this chick demonstrating her arrogance and inability to connect with the song she sings.? She's a cute little rich girl with no life experience.? I hope Hicks proves nice guys don't finish last.? peace

With such strong opinions, you must know her personally, right?? Or perhaps you know the other finalists, since you can "guarantee" what their opinions are.?

Or maybe you are getting just a little too worked up over a tv show?

Sterling-  Of course I'm getting too worked-up over a tv show!  It's part of the fun!  Seriously, how much you wanna bet when the sh!t hits the fan, the other Idol finalists will spill the dirt on McFiend.   ok  My bet is that it'll come anonymously at first.  They have to tour as a group for a year or so if I'm not mistaken.  I'm sure there are clauses to prevent the real dirt from disseminating.  Just a question, do you really think McFee felt the music?  I didn't and don't.  Hmm, did ya ever wonder why she has zero friends at the shows or on trips back to her home?   peace

back on topic:  I'm still not finished reading Desperation...Here Today's keeping me from my book!   Smiley 

My favorite King movies are Misery, Green Mile, and Carrie.  beer

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Sterlingdog
« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2006, 10:53:02 PM »

Just a question, do you really think McFee felt the music?  I didn't and don't.  Hmm, did ya ever wonder why she has zero friends at the shows or on trips back to her home?   peace

No I never did.  For one thing she's from Sherman Oaks, where celebrities and their relatives are probably a dime a dozen.  So I don't expect the locals to get excited over an American Idol contestent.

Also, who the hell knows if someone "feels" the music.  Do you think Hicks' moves aren't choreographed?  If not, why did he try so hard to kick the microphone stand?  Also, I'm thinking his IQ might be 10 points over legally retarded.  Not that you have to be smart to dance like Elaine from Seinfeld. 

But we either better drop the AI discussion or take it to a different thread. 
TheRaven
Rocker

« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2006, 10:58:26 PM »

Just a question, do you really think McFee felt the music?? I didn't and don't.? Hmm, did ya ever wonder why she has zero friends at the shows or on trips back to her home?? ?peace

No I never did.? For one thing she's from Sherman Oaks, where celebrities and their relatives are probably a dime a dozen.? So I don't expect the locals to get excited over an American Idol contestent.

Also, who the hell knows if someone "feels" the music.? Do you think Hicks' moves aren't choreographed?? If not, why did he try so hard to kick the microphone stand?? Also, I'm thinking his IQ might be 10 points over legally retarded.? Not that you have to be smart to dance like Elaine from Seinfeld.?

But we either better drop the AI discussion or take it to a different thread.?
Elaine's dance, priceless Smiley That show was great. On topic, I've never really liked Stephen King... I think part of the reason is the "ph" in Stephen. That's always been one of my pet peeves, spelling Steven with a ph. If people want to spell it that way fine, but pronounce it like Stephanie (without the "e" sound at the end of course). The other reason I've never been into Stephen King probably has to do with the fact that I'm more into comedies than horror films/books.

Raven
Sterlingdog
« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2006, 11:09:11 PM »

On topic, I've never really liked Stephen King... I think part of the reason is the "ph" in Stephen. That's always been one of my pet peeves, spelling Steven with a ph. If people want to spell it that way fine, but pronounce it like Stephanie (without the "e" sound at the end of course).
Raven

That's the best reason I've ever heard to dislike a writer.  Seriously.  Why come up with some long drawn out bullshit.  That's perfect.
Chelle
VIP

~Crazy Bitch~

« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2006, 06:00:10 PM »

Salem's Lot?... I was terrified? ?Embarrassed

Grin say it isn't so! I thought it was pure comedy. Their big vampire dude has got to be the worst villain ever.

Yes, but I was pretty young when I first watched it... remember the scene where the dude walks in on the vampire sitting in a rocking chair?... I even had a little rocking chair beside my window? ?crying

"She was queen for about an hour...? after that, shit got sour... She took all I ever had.? No sign of guilt.? No feeling of bad, no..."
MCT
« Reply #35 on: May 26, 2006, 11:25:39 AM »

On topic, I've never really liked Stephen King... I think part of the reason is the "ph" in Stephen. That's always been one of my pet peeves, spelling Steven with a ph. If people want to spell it that way fine, but pronounce it like Stephanie (without the "e" sound at the end of course).
Raven

That's the best reason I've ever heard to dislike a writer.? Seriously.? Why come up with some long drawn out bullshit.? That's perfect.

Boys oh boys...y'er not that shallow, are ye?
Sterlingdog
« Reply #36 on: May 26, 2006, 03:07:12 PM »

Raven

That's the best reason I've ever heard to dislike a writer.  Seriously.  Why come up with some long drawn out bullshit.  That's perfect.

Boys oh boys...y'er not that shallow, are ye?

Sure.  Why not?  Its easier.
Kujo
Legend

« Reply #37 on: May 26, 2006, 03:12:42 PM »

Actually I was just seeking acknowledgement of my miserable existence. You provided it. Thank You Kiss

Back on topic: I'm going to have to hunt this movie down, it sounds pretty good. For some reason I missed this book.

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #38 on: May 26, 2006, 03:17:07 PM »

Actually I was just seeking acknowledgement of my miserable existence. You provided it. Thank You Kiss

Back on topic: I'm going to have to hunt this movie down, it sounds pretty good. For some reason I missed this book.

I thought you may have been joking but wasn't sure.

Desperation comes out on DVD on August 28th.
Kujo
Legend

« Reply #39 on: May 26, 2006, 03:20:32 PM »

Thanks ok

Yeah, I was joking. 99% of what I post is just because the thought amused me, most others probably disagree. No offense intended peace

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »