Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 03:17:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl is back, proof inside.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl is back, proof inside.  (Read 3855 times)
phreakofnature
Rocker

Here Today...

« on: May 21, 2006, 11:24:02 PM »

So, my entire office started talking about the Tommy Hilfiger\Axl fight today at work. None of my co-workers are anywhere near GnR fans, they are either 50+ years old and think axl is a prick or only into underground computer hacker techno bullshit.  I am a computer nerd, just happen to grow up with GnR as my favorite band.  Anyway, i showed them all the new pics of Axl and I got into an argument on his hair color.  They all said, "Since when does he have red hair, he has always been blonde"

So I had to set them straight and bust out some old pics and email it around.

Anyway, Axl is back, even old people that know nothing about GnR are talking about him.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2006, 11:43:23 PM »

That doesn't mean he's back. Same shit happened after the 2002 VMA's, but on an even larger scale. Everyone and their grandma was talking about GNR for like a 3 week period. It was crazy. Had CD came out during that time frame it would have shattered a couple sales records. Just because people are talking about him doesn't mean he is "back". He's allowed huge buzzes to die before. Lets hope he learned from those buzz killing mistakes.

jimb0
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2006, 12:01:34 AM »

Uhhhhh What? Huh
phreakofnature
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2006, 12:04:17 AM »

That doesn't mean he's back. Same shit happened after the 2002 VMA's, but on an even larger scale. Everyone and their grandma was talking about GNR for like a 3 week period. It was crazy. Had CD came out during that time frame it would have shattered a couple sales records. Just because people are talking about him doesn't mean he is "back". He's allowed huge buzzes to die before. Lets hope he learned from those buzz killing mistakes.

I didn't hear anywhere but the message boards talking about GnR in 2002. They had a little hype, but nothing like this.  Axl is on every magazine, wasn't the case in 2002.  It's on AOL, MSNBC, even old dude at my office were talking about it. None of that happened in 2002.
jimb0
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2006, 12:06:05 AM »

Too bad the us leg starts in sept. huh.  Axl better almost trade punches with another fashion designer  right before that.   ok
« Last Edit: May 22, 2006, 01:02:58 AM by jimb0 » Logged
Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2006, 12:10:44 AM »

Uhhhhh What? Huh

Dont worry, soon as OJ and I track down the real killers, we are going to look for the "proof" that he referenced.

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
jimb0
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2006, 12:12:27 AM »

Uhhhhh What? Huh

Dont worry, soon as OJ and I track down the real killers, we are going to look for the "proof" that he referenced.

Cool, cuz I don't think even Johnny Cockring could make proof legit in this thread
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2006, 12:22:41 AM »

I didn't hear anywhere but the message boards talking about GnR in 2002. They had a little hype, but nothing like this.? Axl is on every magazine, wasn't the case in 2002.? It's on AOL, MSNBC, even old dude at my office were talking about it. None of that happened in 2002.
You should have stepped outside your house. It was everywhere. We have been over this a thousand times. It was a huge buzz. Senior citizens to gangbangers to children in school were talking about it. You can minimize it all you want to try and act like this time its bigger. But I lived that, and I remember it clearly.

Axl is not on every magazine. Scan these magazine covers and post them. in 2002 Axl was on AOL and MSNBC,Yahoo,etc.

Steel_Angel
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2006, 12:27:51 AM »

wait till after rock in rio.. yeaah booyyy!
AxlFink
VIP

thelesserkings.com

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2006, 12:29:44 AM »

Too bad the us leg starts in sept. huh.  Axl better almost trade blows with another fag right before that.
dude that sounds really bad!!!!!!
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2006, 12:35:57 AM »

Axl and a fag blew each other?
Hatts
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2006, 01:23:31 AM »

He is definatly more apparant now than he has been in the past years.  I think most of the negative things are gone right now.  It really is seemin like the media is giving him really great exposure.

Hatts

"If I thought that I was crazy well i guess i'd have more fun."
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2006, 03:10:19 AM »

either way, its goon publicity ok

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2006, 06:51:30 AM »

theres a bit of buzz, not huge

the best buzz he can create is by turning up to shows, releasing an album and singing well

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
italysfinest1985
Rocker

Riding on the night train...

« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2006, 07:53:25 AM »

Not to be rude...but I think there are some lame topics being started lately. I really was never one to care what someone put on an online message board, because it's not a big deal. However, I've been sifting through so much stupidity lately. Axl is back cuz my co-worker is talking about him, I saw a good looking girl wearing a GnR shirt, I just realized I like the song Chinese Democracy, Will it be out this fall?.....so many damn lame topics lol

Guns N Roses Custom Reunion Trailer (Axl & Slash)
https://youtu.be/7NdNrNslYkU
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2006, 08:14:00 AM »

and till Sept, people will have a lot to talk about regarding Gn'R.
They are gonna do this huge European tour.
They are gonna play in one of the biggest music festivals (Rock in Rio)

Plus they are EVERYWHERE in the media now and when Chinese Democracy comes out...
...well you all know what's gonna happen, needless to say.
Saul Isobel
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2006, 08:33:58 AM »

What's with the "Rock in Rio" crapola? Yeah it attracts a big crowd but first up calling it 'Rio' is a goodamn con seeing as it's NOT in Brazil - the 'Rio' everyone relates too. Secondly since when does lil backwards ass Portugal rank as a top rock n roll country? Download in the UK is WAY more famous and respected - it was also the place where G'n'R got huge headlines when those kids died in '88. THAT'S the place where Axl will be making headlines not shitty RiR full of stinking Spanish and Portugese third worlders!  ok
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2006, 08:38:25 AM »

Goddamn - lol

CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2006, 08:45:54 AM »

What's with the "Rock in Rio" crapola? Yeah it attracts a big crowd but first up calling it 'Rio' is a goodamn con seeing as it's NOT in Brazil - the 'Rio' everyone relates too. Secondly since when does lil backwards ass Portugal rank as a top rock n roll country? Download in the UK is WAY more famous and respected - it was also the place where G'n'R got huge headlines when those kids died in '88. THAT'S the place where Axl will be making headlines not shitty RiR full of stinking Spanish and Portugese third worlders!? ok

Aren't you nice.

I'm from the UK aswell. Rock in Rio is more famous though. Rock in Rio isn't just about hard rock/heavy metal like Download is.
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2006, 09:08:27 AM »

What's with the "Rock in Rio" crapola? Yeah it attracts a big crowd but first up calling it 'Rio' is a goodamn con seeing as it's NOT in Brazil - the 'Rio' everyone relates too. Secondly since when does lil backwards ass Portugal rank as a top rock n roll country? Download in the UK is WAY more famous and respected - it was also the place where G'n'R got huge headlines when those kids died in '88. THAT'S the place where Axl will be making headlines not shitty RiR full of stinking Spanish and Portugese third worlders!? ok

I'm not talking about Portugal. I'm talking about the festival itself. And yes, Download is indeed a big festival, but Gn'R played in all Rock in Rio editions, except the first and fourth ones.
And I totally agree with you. Medina should had at least the decency of changing it to Rock in Lisbon.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2006, 09:58:29 AM by MandyGnR » Logged
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: