Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 05:38:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  'Better' NOT one of the "Big Guns?"
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: 'Better' NOT one of the "Big Guns?"  (Read 12578 times)
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2006, 01:16:55 PM »

didn't Axl say Better was one of his favorites aka The Rolling Stone interview
Meanmachine22
Rocker

Trust me it's worth the waiting...

« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2006, 01:26:01 PM »

If "BETTER" is not concidered as a big gun then the world is not ready for CD. Roll Eyes
It would cause physical pain to listen to something two or five times better than "BETTER".

If BETTER is not a big gun i think a lot of us hardcore idiots will not survive the first hearing of the album... Spontanious headexplosions and uncontrollable multiple ejaculaton would be the consequence!!

Man, i don't even dare to think that this is not a big gun  ok

"when i say the time is right..well, than the time is right fuckhead!"
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2006, 01:38:43 PM »

I wonder what the term "Big Gun" means  anyway. Does  it mean it will be popular single? Does it mean it is good to listen to, musically catchy? Does it mean the song is personal? Does it mean it is fun to play? Until the term is defined I don't see how there  can be any understanding of whether Better is a big gun or not.
SINSHINE
VIP

"I knew the storm was getting closer!"

« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2006, 02:47:20 PM »

I guess my point in all this is that Axl MUST have some songs that he's written himself and has been holding onto for a LONG time (and don't say 'ALL these songs were written a long time ago') and there must be a select few that are concidered his 'babies'. I would tend to believe that it would be songs such as these that he conciders to be among his 'Big Guns' rather than a song that was brought into the band as a second thought.

Let me be clear...I really like the song and think it could do well as a single and I think the fact that they are playing says volumes of how they believe in these songs. However, the fact that it's 'a Robin song' (or however Axl put it) says to me that this is a song that he's not worried about spoiling us with before the album comes out. It's not THE song that is going to make the masses buy the album.

Who knows? I guess we will someday...

...which leads me to pose another question...

"You could have a steam train...if you'd just lay down your tracks!" - P. Gabriel
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2006, 02:53:09 PM »

i think he means single material/comeback type songs when he said big guns. Better imo, is one of those songs. If they have another 2 songs on that level, the album will certainly blow me away

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2006, 02:59:43 PM »

Let me be clear...I really like the song and think it could do well as a single and I think the fact that they are playing says volumes of how they believe in these songs. However, the fact that it's 'a Robin song' (or however Axl put it) says to me that this is a song that he's not worried about spoiling us with before the album comes out. It's not THE song that is going to make the masses buy the album.

This is from the "Better discuss it in this thread" thread. Thanks to kujo.

The first night he was talking about people who think they know whats going on inside GnR and how they have all this inside information, how they know that the new members arent contributing, "Well that last song (Better) was written by Robin, and I hope that pisses you people the fuck off"

better?
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2006, 03:01:27 PM »

Who knows for sure

It sounds like a Real Big Fucking Gun to me, but maybe the other shit held back is even stronger

CITR is no Big Gun, for the record
TheRealThing
Opening Act

Round Two!!

« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2006, 03:53:46 PM »

Of course it's a big gun. All the leaks, The Blues and Madagascar are. They wouldn't play them if they weren't. Why would they play weak songs in the shows?

My theory is he just said so because he wasn't sure how they would be welcomed by the media (and his former bandmates and all the people whose opinion matters to him in a way or another). You have to remember that he has felt enormous pressure to deliver big time and to top UYIs and to show he was the creative force of the original band.

In 2001/2002 they just didn't have more big guns than The Blues and Madagascar ready so they played Silkworms and other fillers. Chinese Democracy is okay though but not a big gun. Maybe they also liked to test the audience's reactions with Silkworms, but to be honest, it's totally crap.

Better just reeks Buckethead. I have VERY hard time to believe it's a "Robin song". Axl sounds very obnoxious saying it with nasal voice on the bootleg of 15th day show. Probably just wants to hurt Buckethead knowing BH won't defend himself publicly. I know they didn't separate in best terms but it doesn't sound very nice. Of course I'm not sure if it's Robin or BH song but it's clear that Robin could not play that song even if his life depended on it.
PhillyRiot
I'm super, thanks for asking
Banned
VIP

Please Return to Philly

« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2006, 04:56:46 PM »

Better could be my favorite NEW GnR song.  I like all the leaks a lot minus Catcher in the Rye.  Better rocks, but does sound like Bucket plays a large role in the leaked version.

I don't need the Internet to be a GNR fan.

www.myspace.com/earl31   Talk Radio Pranks
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2006, 05:03:08 PM »

Better is the better of all the new songs, it's by far the betterest song they have put out or leaked or sang live.. it makes songs like cd seem weak..
estranged.1098
« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2006, 05:08:13 PM »

Of course it's a big gun. All the leaks, The Blues and Madagascar are. They wouldn't play them if they weren't. Why would they play weak songs in the shows?

My theory is he just said so because he wasn't sure how they would be welcomed by the media (and his former bandmates and all the people whose opinion matters to him in a way or another). You have to remember that he has felt enormous pressure to deliver big time and to top UYIs and to show he was the creative force of the original band.

In 2001/2002 they just didn't have more big guns than The Blues and Madagascar ready so they played Silkworms and other fillers. Chinese Democracy is okay though but not a big gun. Maybe they also liked to test the audience's reactions with Silkworms, but to be honest, it's totally crap.

Better just reeks Buckethead. I have VERY hard time to believe it's a "Robin song". Axl sounds very obnoxious saying it with nasal voice on the bootleg of 15th day show. Probably just wants to hurt Buckethead knowing BH won't defend himself publicly. I know they didn't separate in best terms but it doesn't sound very nice. Of course I'm not sure if it's Robin or BH song but it's clear that Robin could not play that song even if his life depended on it.

Better is a Robin song.
Axlative
Rocker

All Better now!

« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2006, 05:15:00 PM »

Of course it's a big gun. All the leaks, The Blues and Madagascar are.

I believe it was stated and/or implied that none of the 2001-02 tracks are a) "big guns" b) future singles.

They wouldn't play them if they weren't. Why would they play weak songs in the shows?

To get feedback on them. To not let singles-to-be be spread on the net 5 years before release. To not let top songs on CD to be spread on the net 5 years before release.

Make sense?  Shocked
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2006, 05:30:14 PM »

That is a bad theory since TWAT and CITR were both written in 1999 and were there when they were touring from 2000-2002.

As for Better being a robin song, why would axl say anything to hurt BH when brain is still in the band? Robin wrote most of the music to the new gnr songs esp since he has been in the band since 1998. Robin also wrote the music to TWAT and the solo for the blues.

And what are  you talking about robin could not play that song if his life depened on it? just listen to his songs on TWAT they are amazing. I am really tired of people bashing robin. Robin is a great guitar player, I am not sure when some of you are going to realize that. If he was not great he would not have had Axl and Trent both fighting over him.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2006, 05:31:59 PM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
sootn
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2006, 06:48:57 PM »

No way these leaked tracks are the big guns. If you believe that your on crack! Better is good. IRS is umm good it grew on me after awhile. TWAT CITR is hard to tell at this time.

Honestly you all know it as well as I do if these are the big guns then CD isn't gonna be a huge huge hit.
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2006, 06:50:34 PM »

to me Better and TWAT, are big fucking guns, and if theyre not, then CD really will be the greatest album ever.  because Better and TWAT are better songs then anything that has been played on the radio in the past few years

mr.lance
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2006, 07:40:01 PM »

Atlas Shurrged is a big gun it will be the first single. im telling ya the nice kick to the balls rock needs.
HungerForChaos
Rocker

Not Here Yesterday...

« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2006, 07:41:20 PM »

I don't know, why would Axl leak a Big Gun? Wouldn't he want to save best for last? Instead of letting us hear the best, then we think the rest is filler?
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #37 on: May 22, 2006, 07:44:30 PM »

I don't know, why would Axl leak a Big Gun? Wouldn't he want to save best for last? Instead of letting us hear the best, then we think the rest is filler?

thats the Exact way i dont think this is one of the big Guns... even if it is hard to belive, cos the song ROCKS SO DAMN HARD!  ok

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Chief
Legend

« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2006, 07:49:44 PM »

what are you talking about dude??

Atlas Shurrged is a big gun it will be the first single. im telling ya the nice kick to the balls rock needs.

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
HungerForChaos
Rocker

Not Here Yesterday...

« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2006, 07:55:04 PM »

thats the Exact way i dont think this is one of the big Guns... even if it is hard to belive, cos the song ROCKS SO DAMN HARD!  ok

Yeah, it would make no sense to play the best stuff live and leak the best stuff on the internet. I have a feeling there's better stuff on there that hasn't been released yet. If not(which I doubt) it's still great music. yes
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: