Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 22, 2024, 10:55:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Paul Huge
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Paul Huge  (Read 11091 times)
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #60 on: May 22, 2006, 08:49:32 AM »

I will never forgive Paul Huge for the role he played in the demise of the old band.

oh yeah? and did you ever watch the RIR 01 videos? did you cheer when he played PC? did you get excited and sit by your internet computer beating off waiting for some pics of the band at the joint in 2001? Did you? or do you know Paul Huge? he was a member of the old band? he is to blame for the demise of the "old band".. even tho he wasnt even a member? how about you blame the actual members of the old band? you fucking jackass...he didnt do anything but support his friend... his friend and his friends band...  im sure paul huge doesnt give 2 fucks about wanting your forgiveness... dick
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #61 on: May 22, 2006, 08:53:08 AM »

I will never forgive Paul Huge for the role he played in the demise of the old band.

oh yeah? and did you ever watch the RIR 01 videos? did you cheer when he played PC? did you get excited and sit by your internet computer beating off waiting for some pics of the band at the joint in 2001? Did you? or do you know Paul Huge? he was a member of the old band? he is to blame for the demise of the "old band".. even tho he wasnt even a member? how about you blame the actual members of the old band? you fucking jackass...he didnt do anything but support his friend... his friend and his friends band...? im sure paul huge doesnt give 2 fucks about wanting your forgiveness... dick

Why thank you.

You know I'm right by the way. If I was in Paul Huge's position I would'ntve turned down the opportunity to join GNR but he did really ruin it.
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #62 on: May 22, 2006, 09:00:01 AM »

oh yeah? and did you ever watch the RIR 01 videos? did you cheer when he played PC? did you get excited and sit by your internet computer beating off waiting for some pics of the band at the joint in 2001? Did you? or do you know Paul Huge? he was a member of the old band? he is to blame for the demise of the "old band".. even tho he wasnt even a member? how about you blame the actual members of the old band? you fucking jackass...he didnt do anything but support his friend... his friend and his friends band...  im sure paul huge doesnt give 2 fucks about wanting your forgiveness... dick

Why thank you.

You know I'm right by the way. If I was in Paul Huge's position I would'ntve turned down the opportunity to join GNR but he did really ruin it.

he did turn it down... hes not in the band anymore is he.. hes back to obscurity.. yet you internet nerds keep putting the man down......you dont even know the guy... but you gladly stood up and cheered when he was in the band in 2001... he didnt ruin anything..  Slash didnt ruin anything, Duff didnt ruin anything, Axl didnt either.... get over it... they dont want to make music together anymore... get over the old band..... get over paul.. he helped his friend from the fucking 10th grade.. his friend from over 20 years.. do you have any friends from over 20 years ago? give it a rest man...you dont know Paul Huge from Doug Goldstien... Paul didnt "ruin" anything...
CAFC Nick
VIP

« Reply #63 on: May 22, 2006, 09:05:16 AM »

oh yeah? and did you ever watch the RIR 01 videos? did you cheer when he played PC? did you get excited and sit by your internet computer beating off waiting for some pics of the band at the joint in 2001? Did you? or do you know Paul Huge? he was a member of the old band? he is to blame for the demise of the "old band".. even tho he wasnt even a member? how about you blame the actual members of the old band? you fucking jackass...he didnt do anything but support his friend... his friend and his friends band...? im sure paul huge doesnt give 2 fucks about wanting your forgiveness... dick

Why thank you.

he did turn it down... hes not in the band anymore is he.. hes back to obscurity.. yet you internet nerds keep putting the man down......you dont even know the guy... but you gladly stood up and cheered when he was in the band in 2001... he didnt ruin anything..? Slash didnt ruin anything, Duff didnt ruin anything, Axl didnt either.... get over it... they dont want to make music together anymore... get over the old band..... get over paul.. he helped his friend from the fucking 10th grade.. his friend from over 20 years.. do you have any friends from over 20 years ago? give it a rest man...you dont know Paul Huge from Doug Goldstien... Paul didnt "ruin" anything...

In my defence I wasn't actually a diehard GNR fan back in 2001 so no, I didn't stand up for Paul Huge.

Paul Huge was the cancer in the old GNR band, he made them die. None of the old members liked him and Slash hated him because he re-recorded his solos for SIDHY. Duff and Matt hated him and he was the reason Matt was fired from GNR in 97.
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #64 on: May 22, 2006, 09:10:33 AM »

In my defence I wasn't actually a diehard GNR fan back in 2001 so no, I didn't stand up for Paul Huge.

Paul Huge was the cancer in the old GNR band, he made them die. None of the old members liked him and Slash hated him because he re-recorded his solos for SIDHY. Duff and Matt hated him and he was the reason Matt was fired from GNR in 97.

So If Paul Huge never joined GnR we'd still have Slash/Matt/Duff/Axl on stage? Pfft.

Youre like those people who claim Yoko Ono broke the Beatles up.

Members of the original GnR left because they didnt like being in the band anymore. If one person can get in the way of a band like that they obviously have serious issues beforehand.
CAFC Nick
VIP

« Reply #65 on: May 22, 2006, 09:13:22 AM »

So If Paul Huge never joined GnR we'd still have Slash/Matt/Duff/Axl on stage? Pfft.

Members of the original GnR left because they didnt like being in the band anymore. If one person can get in the way of a band like that they obviously have serious issues beforehand.

I'm not saying that he is the SOLE reason the band broke up but he was a big influence in this.
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #66 on: May 22, 2006, 09:13:49 AM »

Why thank you.

he did turn it down... hes not in the band anymore is he.. hes back to obscurity.. yet you internet nerds keep putting the man down......you dont even know the guy... but you gladly stood up and cheered when he was in the band in 2001... he didnt ruin anything..  Slash didnt ruin anything, Duff didnt ruin anything, Axl didnt either.... get over it... they dont want to make music together anymore... get over the old band..... get over paul.. he helped his friend from the fucking 10th grade.. his friend from over 20 years.. do you have any friends from over 20 years ago? give it a rest man...you dont know Paul Huge from Doug Goldstien... Paul didnt "ruin" anything...

Its obvious you werent a "diehard fan" in 2001 thats why your posts are so full of shit.. you just re post what you have heard or read...  you reposted what you heard about his relationships with Slash and Duff and Matt... you reposted what they said in the press for simpletons like you to read and make up your minds about someone you have never even met... he didnt "re record" anything slash did on that song... he played what was missing when gilby wasnt around anymore.. and it wasnt on SIDHY it was on SFTD.. the sound track song from the tom cruise movie ... you think Matt Sorum or Duff had a problem with Paul when they knew Paul was axls friend? or just when Slash used paul as another reason to not get along with axl? you have a simple mind and you really should look to both sides of what you have been told/read on the internet before you tear a mans name down in public. 
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #67 on: May 22, 2006, 09:14:24 AM »

Matt was fired because he was an asshole.
Duff stayed in the band after Slash left. Duff left becuase he OD-d and had to quit. Slash quit because he couldt get along with Axl.
Huge had nothin to do with it.

get your facts straight.

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #68 on: May 22, 2006, 09:19:55 AM »

I'm not saying that he is the SOLE reason the band broke up but he was a big influence in this.

no he wasnt... re read your GnR history... Paul had nothng to do with them not getting along... read about the drugs, the drinking, the power trips, it was years before this started.. not just paul laying down some guitar tracks for a irelivant movis soundtrack cover song.
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #69 on: May 22, 2006, 09:34:02 AM »

All this Paul Huge shit is crazy - Im not really that interested in the guy but saying he broke the band up and re-recorded Slash's stuff is absurd. As far as I know all he did was play a guitar track that Slash didnt like which Axl refused to compromise on. Big fucking deal - more to do with Axl and Slash than Paul.
Saul Isobel
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #70 on: May 22, 2006, 10:00:24 AM »

Duff stayed in the band after Slash left. Duff left becuase he OD-d and had to quit. Slash quit because he couldt get along with Axl.
Huge had nothin to do with it.get your facts straight.

You guys need to watch that VH-1 behind the music deal and get some facts clarified from the horses mouth... the MEMBERS themselves.

First up according to Sorum, he was fired because Axl and another guitarist (Huge i think but can't be assed to check for sure) were openly dissing and ripping on Slash and Matt stuck up for him saying "he is my FRIEND - he isn't here to defend himself" bla bla and Axl then threw his toys outta the pram over that. Conclusion:- kudos to Sorum, he was in the right, and hey, i don't particularly like the guy myself but that was a cool thing to do.

Slash left because he got tired of waiting around for Axl, the fights just got worse as Axl got more and more flakey and distant. Slash actually called Keith Richards about holding onto the band, Keith told him you NEVER leave, but the cumulative damage was so immense he just couldn't take it any longer. Conclusion:- Slash was in the right. No one would put up with such misery over a period of time in any job so Slash was in the right to walk and Axl was the guilty party. I once respected Rose but after all the evidence against him i truly believe he is to blame for the demise of the greatest rock n roll band of it's generation. Only newbies and dumbasses can ever say this nu incarnation is an improvement.

Don't know about Duff so won't comment. As for Huge you are right - he had nothing to do with the big split... because he was and is NOTHING.? yes

Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #71 on: May 22, 2006, 10:04:45 AM »

Huge had nothin to do with it.get your facts straight.

You guys need to watch that VH-1 behind the music deal and get some facts clarified from the horses mouth... the MEMBERS themselves.

First up according to Sorum, he was fired because Axl and another guitarist (Huge i think but can't be assed to check for sure) were openly dissing and ripping on Slash and Matt stuck up for him saying "he is my FRIEND - he isn't here to defend himself" bla bla and Axl then threw his toys outta the pram over that. Conclusion:- kudos to Sorum, he was in the right, and hey, i don't particularly like the guy myself but that was a cool thing to do.

Slash left because he got tired of waiting around for Axl, the fights just got worse as Axl got more and more flakey and distant. Slash actually called Keith Richards about holding onto the band, Keith told him you NEVER leave, but the cumulative damage was so immense he just couldn't take it any longer. Conclusion:- Slash was in the right. No one would put up with such misery over a period of time in any job so Slash was in the right to walk and Axl was the guilty party. I once respected Rose but after all the evidence against him i truly believe he is to blame for the demise of the greatest rock n roll band of it's generation. Only newbies and dumbasses can ever say this nu incarnation is an improvement.

Don't know about Duff so won't comment. As for Huge you are right - he had nothing to do with the big split... because he was and is NOTHING.  yes

Oh yeah - MTV is a bastion of reliable and unbiased journalism.

All we'll ever know about the breakdown of the original GnR is going to be one persons opinion vs another, but Id warn you against believing anything that blames one party solely.

And even Slash has said more recently that Axl didnt deserve all the bad press he got.
eNgIeS
Rocker

OHHHH RIGGGHHHTT

« Reply #72 on: May 22, 2006, 10:11:05 AM »

get your facts straight.

i think ur facts are wrong & hell i wasnt there but ill chim in on what ive read in interviews & the like overrthe years

the thing is there was difference in opinion in which direction GNR should go, Axl wanted to go one way Izzy wanted one way Slash wanted one way i think Duff tried keeping it together. Once Izzy left, Gilby ccame on board they did the tour & thats it. Slash had told Axl that before making a decision with the band he should of course consult him & Duff as they were partners with Axl in the GNR business end.

In 1994 Duff had the OD i think u are refering to, thou in reality it wasnt an OD, his panchreas (a part of ur body that distributes chemicals in ur body to where they need to go i believe) exploded, which meant he couldnt drink alochol or do drugs anymore other wise he would die. Also from having an experience with someone with a similar condition he wouldnt have been able to consume much fat without getting extremely sick or even dying after a while.

in early 1994 Slash & Axl met Slash brought along a tape (which would later be songs used on the original Snakepit album) & Axl listened. He didnt like any of the tracks on there, this is kinda the beginning of the end of the end breaking up for good. Axl was interested in doing different things than Slash was hell even i guess you could say Gilby & Matt, who both partnered with Slash for the original Snakepit album. This prompted Gilby's exit...

Axl made the decision to fire Gilby (& i believe rehire & then refire) in 1994-1995 without consultation (hell he may have been re hired coz slash fought to keep him in, Gilby did say in interviews he reckons Axl was pissed at him siding with Slash) then also without consultation he replaced the void izzy & gilby left with his friend Paul Huge. Understandably Slash was not happy without being consultated or discussing or making a decision together. Then Sympathy for the devil came out & some (not sure how much some claim all some say parts) of Slash's recordings were removed which futher angered Slash.

Everyone in the band reunited to talk about the new album & direction Guns N Roses was going to take in Mid-Late 1996. Slash i believe said him & Axl tried to discuss but could not agree on the direction the music & the band was going to take. It is then when Slash left Guns N Roses & Axl did that press statement saying him & Slash hadnt been able to agree for quite some time & that if band members Duff & Matt didnt get there act together they would be left behind.

I think both Matt & Duff stuck around for a little longer hoping Slash & Axl could come together & settle things, but once Matt & Paul got into an arguement about a comment Paul made about Slash Axl stepped in & fired him. Duff held out for a little longer b4 finally deciding to move on

So yeh thats how it happened, nothing to do with an OD, or Matt being an asshole (why do ppl hate him so much he's cool to me maybe a bit of an ego but he's nice enuff)
Saul Isobel
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #73 on: May 22, 2006, 10:30:28 AM »

Oh yeah - MTV is a bastion of reliable and unbiased journalism.

Uhh, VH-1 is NOT MTV dumbass. The behind the music show has unbiased interviews with all the major players and is as close to truth as you will get until Axl has the balls to say his piece.

An interesting point in this docu that i remember is Slash saying how the UYI vids became so bloated, cheesy and over budgeted/produced, but when he complained about this to Axl, he would throw a fit and start issuing threats etc. Only last week on K-ROQ Axl ADMITTED he now feels the same way about the vids! That says a lot about Axl. He is a very flawed individual who needs to think and listen to those around him a bit more. Kinda like the nu-Guns fans on this forum who constantly flame the original guys then rave about the AFD, Lies UYI songs!  confused
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #74 on: May 22, 2006, 01:18:14 PM »

Good posts, tommorrow.

I never blame their breakup on anyone as I think

1) it's not good for anyone to cling to something they really can't stick.
2) probably they had accomplished almost everything they could do together in the band. a burnout in another word.
3) Actually it's none of outsider's business.
4) It has come good. The band is fresh and great again now.
5) In the long run a breakup or two is not the end of the world.
the end of one thing is the beggining of another. where there is life, there's always the heven above you....peace

Paul Huge is the guy who wrote OMG right? I love the song. He's good. yes
hank
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #75 on: May 26, 2006, 03:10:47 PM »

Jimmy?
You can't really dust for vomit
Legend

Don't you try to stop us now.......

« Reply #76 on: May 26, 2006, 03:11:44 PM »

ooooookkkk  confused
dr. light
Headliner

hola soy el piji

« Reply #77 on: May 26, 2006, 04:00:43 PM »

yeah oh my god is a great song,.,pfffff

what a big crap is this.,.,

i have fan since i was 10 i saw the original band and believe me the magic is long gone, this new guys play well but it isnt the same magic.

and paul huge can suck my dick, if all the old members hate him there must be a reason beyond he is the man behind the brake up.

army of darknes is the best movie ever!!!
gmGnR
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #78 on: May 26, 2006, 05:18:52 PM »

get your facts straight.

i think ur facts are wrong & hell i wasnt there but ill chim in on what ive read in interviews & the like overrthe years

the thing is there was difference in opinion in which direction GNR should go, Axl wanted to go one way Izzy wanted one way Slash wanted one way i think Duff tried keeping it together. Once Izzy left, Gilby ccame on board they did the tour & thats it. Slash had told Axl that before making a decision with the band he should of course consult him & Duff as they were partners with Axl in the GNR business end.

In 1994 Duff had the OD i think u are refering to, thou in reality it wasnt an OD, his panchreas (a part of ur body that distributes chemicals in ur body to where they need to go i believe) exploded, which meant he couldnt drink alochol or do drugs anymore other wise he would die. Also from having an experience with someone with a similar condition he wouldnt have been able to consume much fat without getting extremely sick or even dying after a while.

in early 1994 Slash & Axl met Slash brought along a tape (which would later be songs used on the original Snakepit album) & Axl listened. He didnt like any of the tracks on there, this is kinda the beginning of the end of the end breaking up for good. Axl was interested in doing different things than Slash was hell even i guess you could say Gilby & Matt, who both partnered with Slash for the original Snakepit album. This prompted Gilby's exit...

Axl made the decision to fire Gilby (& i believe rehire & then refire) in 1994-1995 without consultation (hell he may have been re hired coz slash fought to keep him in, Gilby did say in interviews he reckons Axl was pissed at him siding with Slash) then also without consultation he replaced the void izzy & gilby left with his friend Paul Huge. Understandably Slash was not happy without being consultated or discussing or making a decision together. Then Sympathy for the devil came out & some (not sure how much some claim all some say parts) of Slash's recordings were removed which futher angered Slash.

Everyone in the band reunited to talk about the new album & direction Guns N Roses was going to take in Mid-Late 1996. Slash i believe said him & Axl tried to discuss but could not agree on the direction the music & the band was going to take. It is then when Slash left Guns N Roses & Axl did that press statement saying him & Slash hadnt been able to agree for quite some time & that if band members Duff & Matt didnt get there act together they would be left behind.

I think both Matt & Duff stuck around for a little longer hoping Slash & Axl could come together & settle things, but once Matt & Paul got into an arguement about a comment Paul made about Slash Axl stepped in & fired him. Duff held out for a little longer b4 finally deciding to move on

So yeh thats how it happened, nothing to do with an OD, or Matt being an asshole (why do ppl hate him so much he's cool to me maybe a bit of an ego but he's nice enuff)

Great summary! I agree with this explanation. It is consistent with what I've read/heard over the past 12 years.  EVERYBODY READ THIS!!!

Paris - 06/06/1992
Paris - 07/13/1993
NYC - 12/05/2002
NYC - 05/12/2006
NYC - 05/14/2006
NYC - 05/17/2006,
E. Rutherford - 11/05/2006
NYC - 11/10/2006
hank
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #79 on: May 26, 2006, 07:15:16 PM »

Dr. light..you are cannot spell ..and you want head jobs from men...could you spew us more wisdom?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: