Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 22, 2024, 10:50:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Paul Huge
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Paul Huge  (Read 11090 times)
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« on: May 21, 2006, 07:01:32 AM »

in 2001, he was the man who saved the band, in 2002, axl said that huge is not for touring, and we havent heard anything about him ever since.
is he still working with Axl?
how come nobody ever asked axl about him?!!

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
JAC185
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2006, 07:05:20 AM »

Coz people dont get to talk to Axl much, and when they do, they normally just blurt out 'whens the album coming out' seeing as thats what they care about
Lucky
Legend

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2006, 07:09:59 AM »

Coz people dont get to talk to Axl much, and when they do, they normally just blurt out 'whens the album coming out' seeing as thats what they care about

no stupid fans  no
why do only idiots get to meet him rant

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
joneslloyd
Banned
Rocker

Here Today... er... dead tomorrow...? maybe?..

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2006, 07:15:46 AM »

I've heard that noone liked Paul.

Slash hated him..

Izzy & Axl only liked him because he was from Indiana / lafayette or something, so they knew he was local
highend88
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2006, 07:23:44 AM »

He was suppose to be Axl's best friend but why he did not even turn up for one night at the NY gigs.

I did a search on this website:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guns_n_roses

It says that:
"Paul Tobias left the band because of his frustrations with delays in the album's recording. He was replaced by Richard Fortus, formerly of the bands The Psychedelic Furs and Love Spit Love"

Is this true???

I get up around seven
Get outta bed around nine
And I don't worry about nothin' no
'Cause worrin's a waste of my fuckin time
Lucky
Legend

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2006, 07:23:56 AM »

I've heard that noone liked Paul.

Slash hated him..

Izzy & Axl only liked him because he was from Indiana / lafayette or something, so they knew he was local

he stayed in the band till at least 2002 that we know of.
he is said to be one of the reasons why the band broke up.
Axl brought him in because he was his friend. that pissed off slash and the others.

in 2001 Axl said that Paul was one of the reasons why he keept the GNR name/project alive.
in 2002 Axl said that Paul doesn't wanna do live performances, and that's when fortus joined.

I have no idea what happened with Huge after that.

A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2006, 07:24:48 AM »

I'm not being funny but if you met Axl one of the main things you would want to ask him is what happened to Paul Huge? I can think of a million things to ask him before I asked that. At the time of the original GNR break up Huge was believed to be a large reason for the break up, this may or may not be true but you will never get too many fans of the old GNR wondering what Paul Huge, the man who 'saved' or 'destroyed' GNR (depending on how you look at it), is up to.

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
Lucky
Legend

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2006, 07:26:17 AM »

It says that:
"Paul Tobias left the band because of his frustrations with delays in the album's recording. He was replaced by Richard Fortus, formerly of the bands The Psychedelic Furs and Love Spit Love"
Is this true???

he was replaced by Richard Fortus, but we never got an official explanation except, "paul isnt a guy that likes to tour"
the "frustration" part is something somebody made up.

Lucky
Legend

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2006, 07:28:28 AM »

, this may or may not be true but you will never get too many fans of the old GNR wondering what Paul Huge, the man who 'saved' or 'destroyed' GNR (depending on how you look at it), is up to.

I'm not a huge fan of Paul Huge, but just because he played such a big role in GNR history, I wanna know.

A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2006, 07:39:13 AM »

, this may or may not be true but you will never get too many fans of the old GNR wondering what Paul Huge, the man who 'saved' or 'destroyed' GNR (depending on how you look at it), is up to.

I'm not a huge fan of Paul Huge, but just because he played such a big role in GNR history, I wanna know.

Well for what it's worth the last I heard he was still involved with GNR but apparently in more of an advisory capacity and just became a behind the scenes man. No idea if this is true though.

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
makane
Legend

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2006, 08:38:42 AM »

Does Paul have any solo/band stuff?

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
MarioGunner
Rocker

I should've known you're crazy

« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2006, 08:44:24 AM »

Dudes... who cares about this guy, just cause he co wrote back off bitch and laid some riffs on sympathy for the devil doesn?t even make him worth discusssing, my humble opinion only

You can run like a river
Till you end up in the sea
And you run till night is black
And keep on going in your dream

My NEW Trading Space http://www.freewebs.com/mariogunner/
Fortus
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2006, 08:46:51 AM »

after leave Guns n roses Paul Tobias was rumoured in 2002 to create a new band called Mak Rage with Dave Lank, no news on this project.
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2006, 09:01:44 AM »

Dudes... who cares about this guy, just cause he co wrote back off bitch and laid some riffs on sympathy for the devil doesn?t even make him worth discusssing, my humble opinion only

LOL, I agree. I was trying to think of a way to carefully phrase "who gives a shit about Paul Tobias" but you got there first.

hihi
chinesedemocracy05
Banned
Rocker

SPRECHMAN!

« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2006, 09:36:20 AM »

I dont really care about Tobias I think he kind of sucked. His stage presence is nothing like that of Fortus. Fortus has a much more like kick ass rock and roll vibe and in my opinion is a much better guitarist then Tobias.

They just thought Id know better. Better.
Lucky
Legend

« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2006, 10:11:42 AM »

you know nothing on his involvement in the band since '95, so dont go jumping to conclusions.
I at least wanna know all I can about the guy before I start judging and bashing him and his work.
in period 95-02 he did something in the fuckin band and I wanna know what.

highend88
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2006, 10:29:08 AM »

you know nothing on his involvement in the band since '95, so dont go jumping to conclusions.
I at least wanna know all I can about the guy before I start judging and bashing him and his work.
in period 95-02 he did something in the fuckin band and I wanna know what.

Yeah I agree with you..
Like AXL said, people think they know what's going on inside GNR but they have no idea.

I get up around seven
Get outta bed around nine
And I don't worry about nothin' no
'Cause worrin's a waste of my fuckin time
greendog
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2006, 10:36:10 AM »

Dudes... who cares about this guy
Like AXL said, people think they know what's going on inside GNR but they have no idea.

For all we know, Paul could have wrote all the new songs in their entirety. hihi LOL. I know im been stupid, im just saying what the others have said, we dont know his involment, so dont bash him til we can prove he's done jack shit.
Saul Isobel
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2006, 10:46:24 AM »

I at least wanna know all I can about the guy before I start judging and bashing him and his work. in period 95-02 he did something in the fuckin band and I wanna know what.

Hey Einstein, he did exactly what the rest of the band did between 95-02... NOTHING!

Huge was a shit musician in comparison to world class players like Slash and Duff and that's what pissed them off. That's why he didn't have the balls to play live cuz he knew he couldn't cut it. Just one of many that have come and gone in this embarrasing musical soap opera. NEXT!!
greendog
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2006, 10:50:25 AM »

Hey Einstein, he did exactly what the rest of the band did between 95-02... NOTHING!

Huge was a shit musician in comparison to world class players like Slash and Duff and that's what pissed them off. That's why he didn't have the balls to play live cuz he knew he couldn't cut it. Just one of many that have come and gone in this embarrasing musical soap opera. NEXT!!

maybe you should just chill out a wee bit.  Undecided
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: