Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 12:13:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228150 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  what's happened with guns n' roses?
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: what's happened with guns n' roses?  (Read 9717 times)
snakepipero
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« on: May 20, 2006, 11:14:12 PM »

Sorry but i need to know something. I'm goin' crazy. Is there anybody here who thinks, like me, that this is not Guns n' roses?
Let me explain this please...
I love Axl Rose. You can believe me when i tell you that i've been a really pasionated fan of this band. I love their music, They're the best band ever to me without any doubt. I have all their albums, a lot of bootlegs, magazines where they appeared, I started to play guitar and bass influenced by them (Slash and Duff) ... And I love Guns n' roses!!!!!!!!!!
But I can't understand how people identify this band with Guns n' roses. I love Axl Rose, and i love that, after all these years he's doin' music and concerts again. I like the leaks. But how can you call his band "Guns n' Roses"? Do you really think the should be call "Guns n' ROses"?. Do you really think that Axl rose is Guns n' roses?
Well, let me tell you another thing. Can you call a band "Metallica" only with James hetfield? or Rolling stones only with Jagger? or Aerosmith only with Tyler? Do you really think, for example, that Steven tyler is aerosmith? Sorry but i Can't

I've grown with these guys and I can't, I love Axl, but i can't I thought a lot of people do the same but In this forum i found out that a lot of people identify Guns n' roses with this new band and they also hate to talk about Duff, Slash...

DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2006, 11:15:26 PM »

You're officially the 24,532,687th person to start this thread.

Congratulations - now go away.
snakepipero
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2006, 11:17:30 PM »

do you really think that?
I can't find a topic with a guy tellin' that he thinks this is not Guns n' Roses
McDuff
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2006, 11:18:18 PM »

Congratulations - now go away.

Yeah this has been posted alot,but I guess some people don't know how to use the search feature  smoking
Evolution
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2006, 11:18:45 PM »

I can't find a topic with a guy tellin' that he thinks this is not Guns n' Roses

Because they've all been locked. Try the "Dead Horse section  ok
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2006, 11:20:35 PM »

Sorry but i need to know something. I'm goin' crazy. Is there anybody here who thinks, like me, that this is not Guns n' roses?
I love Axl Rose. You can believe me when i tell you that i've been a really pasionated fan of this band. I love their music, They're the best band ever to me without any doubt. I have all their albums, a lot of bootlegs, magazines where they appeared, I started to play guitar and bass influenced by them (Slash and Duff) ... And I love Guns n' roses!!!!!!!!!!
But I can't understand how people identify this band with Guns n' roses. I love Axl Rose, and i love that, after all these years he's doin' music and concerts again. I like the leaks. But how can you call his band "Guns n' Roses"? Do you really think the should be call "Guns n' ROses"?. Do you really think that Axl rose is Guns n' roses?
Well, let me tell you another thing. Can you call a band "Metallica" only with James hetfield? or Rolling stones only with Jagger? or Aerosmith only with Tyler? Do you really think, for example, that Steven tyler is aerosmith? Sorry but i Can't

I've grown with these guys and I can't, I love Axl, but i can't I thought a lot of people do the same but In this forum i found out that a lot of people identify Guns n' roses with this new band and they also hate to talk about Duff, Slash...

Axl started guns n' roses
he own they name and the songs
all the other band member bailed on him (with the exception of dizzy)

so yes: Axl is in fact "Guns N' Roses"

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
zakas80
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2006, 11:20:51 PM »

Umm cause Duff & Slash are in some other band and thats a whole different section of this board, and this "new" band IS Guns n Roses, and are better then ever!! ?Not good to dwell on the past too much dude ok

Its what used to be's not there for me
And oughta find someone that belonged insane like i do
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2006, 11:21:11 PM »

check the dead horse section... Its guns n roses... get over it.. if you dont like it then go listen to your old cd's
darknemus
I lost my threads and all I got was this lousy title
Legend

A true fan - no, not that 'truefan' (where is he?)

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2006, 11:21:38 PM »

Wow, what an amazingly fresh and new idea.  A reunion!  Of the original members!  You're a freaking genius.  If I were you, I'd contact Axl's management about this new, innovative, and unique idea.  I'm betting Merck might finally see the light.. even though it is kind of hard to see from way down there.  (Look, the guy's short.. sorry.. I mean, its cute in a smurf sort of way, I guess - but yeah, he's short)

-darknemus

It's not how you're thinking, or as you've imagined
To live in a shade of beliefs that were fashioned
to leave you in slavery and drain out your soul....
jimb0
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2006, 11:21:54 PM »

What Happened to GNR?  Umm... Adler did so many drugs he couldn't play.. Insert Matt. Insert Izzy.  Izzy Didn't like Stadiums insert Gilby.  Matt Brought his dog to rehearsal, insert new drummer.  Gilby's checks got cancelled insert Paul Huge.  Slash says I don't like this new stuff insert 299 guitarists.  Duff says fuck this, I'm out of here insert tommy.  Insert Bucket,  Get out bucket.  Bye Bye Huge.  Umm insert brain Finck and like Pittman and fortus.

There you go choadsmoker
molta02
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2006, 11:24:51 PM »

I am probably one of the few on this board who agree with you.  I love the new stuff, love Axl, but feel kinda funny calling what I saw this week in NYC Guns N Roses. 

HOWEVER:  I ABSOLUTELY LOVED WHAT I SAW.
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2006, 11:26:14 PM »

I am probably one of the few on this board who agree with you.  I love the new stuff, love Axl, but feel kinda funny calling what I saw this week in NYC Guns N Roses. 

HOWEVER:  I ABSOLUTELY LOVED WHAT I SAW.

if you "feel kinda funny calling it Guns n Roses" dont call it that.. call it whatever you want then...
AxlsSweetChild
Headliner

proof the band stands the test of time

« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2006, 11:27:40 PM »

who cares if it feels funny, bottom-line this is Guns N' Roses, hasn't changed, same band it was when Slash and Duff and Izzy, etc. were there, so however you feel, this is Guns N' Roses

If you play My World backwards, Axl announces the release date for Chinese Democracy
axlsalinger
Rocker

All I got, is precious time...

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2006, 11:31:16 PM »

Funny, I thought there'd been a lot more than that.

Didn't people come to terms with this back around 1999? Like it or not, Axl made this decision a long time ago, and it ain't changing any time soon. The band I saw at the Hammerstein Ballroom in New York City was most definitely Guns n' Roses.

When all is said and done,
We're not the only ones,
Who look at life this way
snakepipero
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2006, 11:34:26 PM »

well people, i know i've told this but Can you call a band "Metallica" only with James hetfield? i'd really like to know your opinion
jimb0
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2006, 11:35:26 PM »

well people, i know i've told this but Can you call a band "Metallica" only with James hetfield? i'd really like to know your opinion

Metallica Died with Cliff.

If you can say that, you can say Guns Died with Slash
zakas80
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2006, 11:36:57 PM »

who cares about Metallica they suck no matter what theyre called

Its what used to be's not there for me
And oughta find someone that belonged insane like i do
jimb0
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2006, 11:37:40 PM »

who cares about Metallica they suck no matter what theyre called

Ohh yeah, they can't play for shit...... Right. 
snakepipero
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2006, 11:37:58 PM »

Yeahh that's what I think
HungerForChaos
Rocker

Not Here Yesterday...

« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2006, 11:38:16 PM »

It ceased to be GnR when Tracii Guns left. After that it was just Roses. Roll Eyes
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: