Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 08:39:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Why not another co headlining tour?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why not another co headlining tour?  (Read 10987 times)
Pinball Wizard
VIP

Hey, Apple!

« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2006, 09:46:49 PM »

GNR/OASIS

Wouldn't work in America.

Who cares of America? It would work everywhere in the rest of the world. That's the most important. Cool
America is not the center of the world ok

Oasis only sells at UK...actually UK is the only place in the worls where people actually cares about them...

Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2006, 09:47:41 PM »

GNR/OASIS

yeah i mean oasis are only the band holding the record for the fastest sellout of MSG. so they aren't popular at all........

also oasis are in the middle of a worldwide stadium tour, so people do care about them outside the UK.

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2006, 09:49:35 PM »

I really don't think any co headlining set up is a good idea. ?

First off, I don't think any band of the stature talked about in this thread would put themselves in a position to tour with someone who has the sketchy touring past of Axl, not good business.

More impotantly, I think it's time for Axl to have the lone spotlight. ?

No need to share the bill with anyone outside of a festival appearance.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2006, 09:54:07 PM »

I really don't think any co headlining set up is a good idea. ?

First off, I don't think any band of the stature talked about in this thread would put themselves in a position to tour with someone who has the sketchy touring past of Axl, not good business.

More impotantly, I think it's time for Axl to have the lone spotlight. ?

No need to share the bill with anyone outside of a festival appearance.
Great points. I agree their is no need to share the bill, especially on an arena tour. But if a stadium tour was to ever occur, GNR will need someone else of equal status to ensure sellouts.

Axl will definitely have to prove himself capable of handling a tour schedule with minimal problems before any major act would agree to join a tour.

estranged.1098
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2006, 10:06:34 PM »

GNR/OASIS

Who cares of America? It would work everywhere in the rest of the world. That's the most important. Cool

It didn't work well at all in Brazil in 2001.

And btw, Oasis had a very succesful tour last year, not only in the UK. Basically all their shows were sold out.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2006, 10:09:13 PM by estranged.1098 » Logged
uzisuicide2002
VIP

DO YOU KNOW WHERE YOU ARE!?!?!?!

« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2006, 10:22:36 PM »

GN'R and AUDIOSLAVE would kick ass

GN'R Boston 02
GN'R NYC 06
GN'R Mass 06
GN'R NJ 11
VR Mass 05
GN'R Foxboro 16
GN'R Boston 17
VR Mass 07
Slash Boston 10
Steven Adler NYC 11
Slash Foxwoods 14
Slash Providence 15
Sparksry
VIP

Keep Calm and Welcome to the Jungle

« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2006, 10:25:30 PM »

I think u answered ur own question... It would be a huge tour... after the UYI tour they probs dont wanna another absolutly gigantic tour... thats wat broke them up mostly

So, is there any tread left on the tires? Or at this point would it be like throwing a hot dog down a hallway?
    - Stewie Griffin-
Brody
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2006, 10:31:14 PM »

GNR/OASIS

Probably GNR.. I love how euros despise us.. Theres nothing more american then Axl Rose..
Chief
Legend

« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2006, 10:37:49 PM »

If they do this i think they should do maybe 15 shows maximum, not a super big tour.. would be much easier to manage.

and i'd vote for the Guns and AC/DC lineup!!!

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
unbearable
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2006, 10:43:02 PM »

monsters of rock 2?
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2006, 10:44:29 PM »

Great points. I agree their is no need to share the bill, especially on an arena tour. But if a stadium tour was to ever occur, GNR will need someone else of equal status to ensure sellouts.

Arenas aren't even an option yet, at least not in the US. ?Gotta get the reocrd out and see how things go before that'll be a workable situation.

As for stadiums in the US, those days are long gone. ?That's hardly GNR specific, generally speaking there's just not the market for that type of event these days.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2006, 12:49:55 PM by Falcon » Logged

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2006, 10:50:17 PM »

and i'd vote for the Guns and AC/DC lineup!!!

Axl would never open for anyone outside the Rolling Stones at this point, and there is not a chance AC/DC is going to open for New GNR.

A Co-headline tour will never happen if for no other reason than Axl won't agree to open for anyone, and no truely established act that doesn't need GNR to sell seats will open for New GNR.

Axl in 2006 doesn't carry the same type of weight to demand top billing of a headline tour that he did in 1991 when they went out with Metallica.
Sparksry
VIP

Keep Calm and Welcome to the Jungle

« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2006, 11:32:12 PM »

ACDC isnt haveing concerts anymore anyway no

So, is there any tread left on the tires? Or at this point would it be like throwing a hot dog down a hallway?
    - Stewie Griffin-
RichardNixon
« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2006, 11:36:01 PM »

Guns N' Roses/Velvet Revolver  hihi
Guns N' Roses/Kid Rock
Guns N' Roses/Weezer
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2006, 11:38:24 PM »

Arenas aren't even an option yet, at least not in the US. ?Gotta get the reocrd out and see how things go before that'll be a workable situation.

As for stadiums in the US, those days are long gone. ?That's hardly GNR specific, generally speaking there's just not the market for that type of event these days.
Yeah, CD has to be out for anything here in the US to be a success(3000 seat venues dont count). While I agree that the Stadium Tour craze is pretty much dead, I think a GNR/U2 tour could pull it off. Both bands have large fanbases, and GNR actually touring behind CD, and U2 just touring period, could easily draw in the crowds.

Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2006, 11:48:15 PM »

[While I agree that the Stadium Tour craze is pretty much dead, I think a GNR/U2 tour could pull it off. Both bands have large fanbases, and GNR actually touring behind CD, and U2 just touring period, could easily draw in the crowds./quote]

Do you really think Axl would be content to open every night though? I don't  think he has it in him, and U2 is such a tremendous draw that they open for no one, even on a shared bill. Bono is practically a God in the eyes of the world right now with all he has accomplished in and out of music. It's a great idea and all, I just don't see any way in which Axl could suck up his pride like that.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2006, 01:04:57 AM »

[While I agree that the Stadium Tour craze is pretty much dead, I think a GNR/U2 tour could pull it off. Both bands have large fanbases, and GNR actually touring behind CD, and U2 just touring period, could easily draw in the crowds./quote]

Do you really think Axl would be content to open every night though? I don't? think he has it in him, and U2 is such a tremendous draw that they open for no one, even on a shared bill. Bono is practically a God in the eyes of the world right now with all he has accomplished in and out of music. It's a great idea and all, I just don't see any way in which Axl could suck up his pride like that.
Who said anything about an opening act? Or "sucking up your pride"? It would have to be like GNR/Metallica. Both bands being on an even level. Since Axl obviously likes going on late, and U2 would play a full set every night. Then GNR takes there turn.

Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2006, 01:33:24 AM »

Who said anything about an opening act?

Call it what you will, but in any "co-headliner" type of show, whoever goes on first is considered the lesser act, even in situations where the bands claim to have equal billing. It is an ego thing, as the perception is that whoever goes on first is the lesser draw of the two.

Every rockstar has an ego, and not one of them would prefer opening a show to closing one, regardless of whether they have equal billing or not.
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2006, 01:38:52 AM »

I'd rather have a GnR/Sebastian Bach's band or a reformed Skid Row, or GnR/Buckcherry, or GnR/Hanoi Rocks than a lot of those.  But GnR/Chili Peppers or GnR/Tool would be amazing
monkeychow
VIP

How's that for provocation?

« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2006, 01:43:41 AM »

Guns N' Roses/Velvet Revolver  hihi

beer I was waiting for someone to say that  beer

The funny thing is - appart from all the bullshit and political differences etc that would make something like that never happen - it would be such a kickass show....
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: