Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 07:14:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228122 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  OK, I bet you guys something. Skid Row with Baz will open for GnR
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: OK, I bet you guys something. Skid Row with Baz will open for GnR  (Read 9480 times)
jesuswithamullet
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #40 on: May 20, 2006, 01:38:32 PM »

I love Skid Row, but even on the Illusion tour you could see GNR moving away from those kinds of bands.  Skid Row did the first leg of the tour, and from that point on it was almost nothing but whoever the hot alt rock band was at the time.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #41 on: May 20, 2006, 01:39:30 PM »

Skid Row is still ogt a following.. And so does Baz.. Now take those Skid Row fans would stuck wit Skid Row with out Baz and then those who left and started to listen to Baz solo shit.. You got a pretty good following for an opening slot. And once people here Skid Row with Baz.. It will draw people.
Good point, but I think an album as good as Slave to the grind would have to be made for people to get interested again. A reunion for the sake of a reunion isn't going to create much buzz.

BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #42 on: May 20, 2006, 01:40:03 PM »

I personally wouldn't mind it, I was a fairly decent Skid Row fan back in the day (slave to the grind is an AWESOME album with a lot of good songs), but to the masses, Skid Row wasnt' an upper echelon band.  If memory serves correct, they had 1-2 big songs (18 and life, I'll remember you).  Slave to the grind might have sold ok, but it didn't have a WTTJ, PC, SCOM hit in it.   And then after that, well, nobody cares.

The best kind of opening act is a new band that is up and coming and creating a lot of buzz (much like Guns was when they were still on opening act status).   Thats why I liked the A7X choice.  Skid Row I think would make most people  hihi a little bit.

Youth Gone Wild, Monkey Buisness, Slave to The Grind were all hits too. Regular GnR fans would prob love to see Skid Row.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

« Reply #43 on: May 20, 2006, 01:41:09 PM »

Skid Row is still ogt a following.. And so does Baz.. Now take those Skid Row fans would stuck wit Skid Row with out Baz and then those who left and started to listen to Baz solo shit.. You got a pretty good following for an opening slot. And once people here Skid Row with Baz.. It will draw people.
Good point, but I think an album as good as Slave to the grind would have to be made for people to get interested again. A reunion for the sake of a reunion isn't going to create much buzz.

For a opening slot they really dont need to put an album out.. it just creates more buzz for the GnR camp. Not a lot.. but enough to get better attendence state side this time around.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #44 on: May 20, 2006, 01:43:16 PM »

didn't they have a vid for wasted time too?

BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

« Reply #45 on: May 20, 2006, 01:44:40 PM »

I think they might have.. And that is another kick ass tune.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #46 on: May 20, 2006, 01:46:37 PM »

I personally wouldn't mind it, I was a fairly decent Skid Row fan back in the day (slave to the grind is an AWESOME album with a lot of good songs), but to the masses, Skid Row wasnt' an upper echelon band.  If memory serves correct, they had 1-2 big songs (18 and life, I'll remember you).  Slave to the grind might have sold ok, but it didn't have a WTTJ, PC, SCOM hit in it.   And then after that, well, nobody cares.

The best kind of opening act is a new band that is up and coming and creating a lot of buzz (much like Guns was when they were still on opening act status).   Thats why I liked the A7X choice.  Skid Row I think would make most people  hihi a little bit.

Youth Gone Wild, Monkey Buisness, Slave to The Grind were all hits too. Regular GnR fans would prob love to see Skid Row.

yes, those songs were hits, but you NEVER hear them on the radio today (unless its like 80s hair metal hour, and even then if you hear skid row, its probably 18 and life or i'll remember you).  My point was they didn't put out BIG hit after hit like GNR did - songs that still resonate today.  Don't get me wrong, I still listen to my slave to the grind CD every now and then, its a very under rated album, but I don't think it'd be a good choice for GNR to have SR open for them.  let me put it this way:

If you heard the ORIGINAL skid row was getting together AND the ORIGINAL GNR were back, which would you (and most likely the world) be more excited for?  The former wouldn't even register a mention in most newspapers/magazines while the latter would be front page/cover material for every music magazine out there.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

« Reply #47 on: May 20, 2006, 01:48:34 PM »

yes, those songs were hits, but you NEVER hear them on the radio today (unless its like 80s hair metal hour, and even then if you hear skid row, its probably 18 and life or i'll remember you).  My point was they didn't put out BIG hit after hit like GNR did - songs that still resonate today.  Don't get me wrong, I still listen to my slave to the grind CD every now and then, its a very under rated album, but I don't think it'd be a good choice for GNR to have SR open for them.  let me put it this way:

If you heard the ORIGINAL skid row was getting together AND the ORIGINAL GNR were back, which would you (and most likely the world) be more excited for?  The former wouldn't even register a mention in most newspapers/magazines while the latter would be front page/cover material for every music magazine out there.

I see your point but if they want to appeal to the audience that will be attending the GnR shows.. Skid Row would fit in especially with the average age of most non die hards today..

www.rosesofvelvet.com
GetInTheJungle
Rocker

Rock Out With Your C**k Out

« Reply #48 on: May 20, 2006, 01:49:29 PM »

If you heard the ORIGINAL skid row was getting together AND the ORIGINAL GNR were back, which would you (and most likely the world) be more excited for?? The former wouldn't even register a mention in most newspapers/magazines while the latter would be front page/cover material for every music magazine out there.

Good point HannaHat

12/06/02 Phila
05/14/06 NYC
11/05/06 NJ
11/10/06 NYC MSG
11/17/11 NJ
11/20/11 PA
02/24/12 AC NJ
02/27/12 Phila
11/07/12 Vegas
11/09/12 Vegas
05/13/14 PA
07/14/16 Phila Linc
07/23/16 NY Met
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #49 on: May 20, 2006, 01:50:15 PM »

but a better point is that they will not reunite hihi

BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

« Reply #50 on: May 20, 2006, 01:51:07 PM »

Good point

Skid Row would be mentioned in magazines and what not. Especially since they kicked Baz out and he left on bad terms.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
GetInTheJungle
Rocker

Rock Out With Your C**k Out

« Reply #51 on: May 20, 2006, 01:51:31 PM »

You never know with GNR

12/06/02 Phila
05/14/06 NYC
11/05/06 NJ
11/10/06 NYC MSG
11/17/11 NJ
11/20/11 PA
02/24/12 AC NJ
02/27/12 Phila
11/07/12 Vegas
11/09/12 Vegas
05/13/14 PA
07/14/16 Phila Linc
07/23/16 NY Met
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #52 on: May 20, 2006, 02:31:46 PM »

Yeah they sure did. I believe it was the last video from that album.
rofl Im not sure. Is there a Mysteron at the Skid Row forums that can confirm or deny this? hihi

Bostonrose
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #53 on: May 20, 2006, 02:35:12 PM »

Yeah, Axl's going to let a reformed Skid Row still any spotlight?  The opener's will be some lame ass band that everyone will hate...(CKY, BFMV, Mix Master Mike etc..)  ok maybe not hate, but not another abnd with a fan base that will pull from a GNR crowd like Metallica did...

besides Skid Row fucking sucks ok

"I never wanted you to be so full of anger, I never wanted you to be somebody else"
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #54 on: May 20, 2006, 04:23:55 PM »

rofl Im not sure. Is there a Mysteron at the Skid Row forums that can confirm or deny this? hihi

hihi Well as i recall the skid row breakup was the mother of all breakups...and don't quote me on it but i think Bach said something to the effect of he was embarrassed by what skid row accomplished....besides i read that they are going to release a new album shortly....their second with the 'new' singer.

thanks for the informed opinion on SkidRow bostonrose but nobody asked or cares you if you liked them or not Roll Eyes

No Fate
Opening Act

« Reply #55 on: May 20, 2006, 04:30:57 PM »

SR Videos- Youth Gone Wild (Skid Row)
 ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?18 and Life (")
 ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?I Remember You (")
 ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?Piece of Me (")
 ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?Monkey Business (Slave to the Grind)
 ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?Slave to the Grind (")
 ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?Wasted Time(")
 ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?Quicksand Jesus (")
 ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?Little Wing (B-Sides Ourselves)

Don't know if they had any videos for the last album with Baz, Subhuman Race. (Great album by the way) MTV was becoming reality tv at that point and weren't playing too many videos anymore, certainly not hard rock videos. When they started playing more reality shows than videos that's when MTV died for me and everyone I know. Thought the "M" stood for music not reality. Sad.

No fate, but what we make.
No Fate
Opening Act

« Reply #56 on: May 20, 2006, 04:41:13 PM »

The original Skid Row far from sucked. They rocked and were great live.

No fate, but what we make.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #57 on: May 20, 2006, 05:14:02 PM »

The original Skid Row far from sucked. They rocked and were great live.

actually i saw the new incarnation in 2002 and they weren't half bad either....dude was no baz but he was ok...Snake is amazing yes

blaqktiger
Guitars Suck
Rocker

The only man to pull off a Red Suit - BfoOt

« Reply #58 on: May 20, 2006, 05:17:32 PM »

But Baz is working on his 2nd solo album "Angel Down". Huh

07-06-2006 -- Hammersmith Apollo.
11-06-2006 -- Donington Park.
30-07-2006 -- Wembley Arena.

www.robinfinck.com
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

« Reply #59 on: May 20, 2006, 05:30:54 PM »

hihi Well as i recall the skid row breakup was the mother of all breakups...and don't quote me on it but i think Bach said something to the effect of he was embarrassed by what skid row accomplished....besides i read that they are going to release a new album shortly....their second with the 'new' singer.

thanks for the informed opinion on SkidRow bostonrose but nobody asked or cares you if you liked them or not Roll Eyes

They also didnt let him in on the writing most of the time. So he said something to the affect of "Fuck you" and left.. So he said on some TV show a while back.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: