Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 07:07:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228122 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  OK, I bet you guys something. Skid Row with Baz will open for GnR
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: OK, I bet you guys something. Skid Row with Baz will open for GnR  (Read 9479 times)
jnn
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2006, 01:10:36 AM »

I don't know that I actually believe it will happen, but I'd be pretty excited if it did. ?One other thing to add here is that on the Trunk show before Axl showed up Sebastian said that Axl got his number from "Doc" and Doc McGhee was the manager of the original Skid Row and wasn't really on good terms with Sebastian for a long while. ?I guess that his having his cell number now could also be attributed to his involvement in the Supergroup show though.

Also, this Metal Sludge is reporting that there will be a mystery reunion announced by the end of the weekend. ?They predict Skid Row, but don't really seem to have "inside" info that leads them there. ?(Going back to my previous point, also says "big name managers involved")
http://www.metalsludge.tv/home/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1309&Itemid=42
GetInTheJungle
Rocker

Rock Out With Your C**k Out

« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2006, 01:36:10 AM »

And , if you think about it, it's not so stupid....

Anyway, we'll see

It is stupid considernig baz starts recording his new album in a few week and he has shows booked for this summer with his band in Europe. Plus he said earlier tonight on VH1 that his solo band might be opening for guns later this year.

Did Baz really say that his solo band may open for GNR - What show on VH1?
So maybe I can catch a replay.

12/06/02 Phila
05/14/06 NYC
11/05/06 NJ
11/10/06 NYC MSG
11/17/11 NJ
11/20/11 PA
02/24/12 AC NJ
02/27/12 Phila
11/07/12 Vegas
11/09/12 Vegas
05/13/14 PA
07/14/16 Phila Linc
07/23/16 NY Met
Montrealrocks
Rocker

Get on board...or fuck off!

« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2006, 08:49:17 AM »

I got an idea.  The band that would reunite....would it be EXTREME?

@gnrworld on twitter

Montreal 17/05/88
Montreal 08/08/1992
New York 14/05/2006
Ottawa 17/11/2006
Quebec 18/11/2006
Montreal 27/01/2010
Quebec 01/02/2010
Quebec 12/07/2013
Montreal 14/07/2
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2006, 08:59:24 AM »

extreme already reunited for a north american tour.

but skid row with baz what would be something! one of my all time fav bands... since baz left they pretty much died for me.
i'd love for it to happen, i just don't think it will  no

Chinese Democracy!
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2006, 09:12:12 AM »

Money under the nose can make anybody turn upside down.... ok

Yea, which is exactly why we have enjoyed many GnR reunions over the years.

...   let`s say most people   ...

and a gnr reunion show at some point is possible anyways...

looks like we got a new insider here....

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2006, 09:41:23 AM »

Money under the nose can make anybody turn upside down.... ok

Yea, which is exactly why we have enjoyed many GnR reunions over the years.

...   let`s say most people   ...

and a gnr reunion show at some point is possible anyways...

looks like we got a new insider here....

I dont think so - he admitted his source was MetalSludge.
pasnow
VIP

« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2006, 10:01:28 AM »

Could you all imagine if that actually happend?? that would be the biggest concert tour of the last 10 years for sure... or more

And this must be the biggest overstatement of the last 10 years!! Skid Row, I mean come on, those guys were barely big back in 89-90. They even had that Slash ripoff guitarist, what was his name, Snake or Spike or some shit. Some people in here need to quit drining Axl's Kool-Aid.

They'd be a typical opening act where everyone was in the parking lot drinking while their set was on, as soon as they were done, people would head in to see GnR. And besides, isn't he doing some reality show on VH1?? Sebastian Bach would be soo much better off joining a supergroup a la Audioslave & VR.? What's Kim Thayill of Soundgarden doing these days??
« Last Edit: May 20, 2006, 10:02:59 AM by pasnow » Logged
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2006, 10:27:21 AM »

I don't see it happening.
AxlFink
VIP

thelesserkings.com

« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2006, 10:46:44 AM »

Could you all imagine if that actually happend?  that would be the biggest concert tour of the last 10 years for sure... or more

And this must be the biggest overstatement of the last 10 years!! Skid Row, I mean come on, those guys were barely big back in 89-90. They even had that Slash ripoff guitarist, what was his name, Snake or Spike or some shit. Some people in here need to quit drining Axl's Kool-Aid.

They'd be a typical opening act where everyone was in the parking lot drinking while their set was on, as soon as they were done, people would head in to see GnR. And besides, isn't he doing some reality show on VH1?? Sebastian Bach would be soo much better off joining a supergroup a la Audioslave & VR.  What's Kim Thayill of Soundgarden doing these days??
uh they were huge and no1 would be in the parking lot except you.  u are clueless.  they also did not have a slash rip off guitarist.  Have you ever even listened to them?  Just because Slash and Snake both start with an "s" does not mean Snake was a rip off.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2006, 11:05:34 AM »

no....none of the guys are on good terms...like gnr type of breakup it ain't happenin'

Saul Isobel
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2006, 11:08:25 AM »

Could you all imagine if that actually happend?? that would be the biggest concert tour of the last 10 years for sure... or more

They'd be a typical opening act where everyone was in the parking lot drinking while their set was on, as soon as they were done, people would head in to see GnR. And besides, isn't he doing some reality show on VH1?? Sebastian Bach would be soo much better off joining a supergroup a la Audioslave & VR.? What's Kim Thayill of Soundgarden doing these days??
uh they were huge and no1 would be in the parking lot except you.? u are clueless.? they also did not have a slash rip off guitarist.? Have you ever even listened to them?? Just because Slash and Snake both start with an "s" does not mean Snake was a rip off.

Haha the first poster is clueless. Skid Row were huge for two albums - Slave to the Grind debuted at Number One on billboard but after that they ?bombed big time. I saw Bach's solo act last year it was lame, outdated hair farmer metal.

It amazes me that all these old bands that were mediocre back in their day are still around. It just shows that there is NOTHING out there for you poor fuckers to hold on to... i mean where is the next NIRVANA or 86-87 G'n'R? Where the fuck is the next band that can change the world cuz it sure isn't Nu-Guns or Seb Bach! ?no
plasmabeam
Rocker

"There livin' fast and they'll die young!"

« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2006, 11:35:55 AM »

Erm, Im not gonna hate on anyone or any band, and i think Baz is a cool guy, but i'm thinking the general public does not give a rat's ass about skid row.

Yeah, Skid Row with Baz is my #2 favorite band, but even I'll admit the public doesn't know or care who they are nowadays. Stupid grunge... Skid Row's 90s albums were unbeatable.  Undecided

I've worked too hard for my illusions
Just to throw them all away
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2006, 11:48:25 AM »

Sunday,? Skid Row will say that they are reforming with original members, and mark my words:? They will open for GnR on the Nort-American leg of the tour.

Baz was in New-York to play with Axl, but he was there to negociate as well.

You'll see I say the truth pretty soon
Mysteron, you finally have some competition. rofl
Could you all imagine if that actually happend? that would be the biggest concert tour of the last 10 years for sure... or more

Erm, Im not gonna hate on anyone or any band, and i think Baz is a cool guy, but i'm thinking the general public does not give a rat's ass about skid row.
Exactly. I always liked Skid Row, and Slave to the Grind is a kick ass album, but nobody cares anymore. There is zero demand for a reunion. It would be as relevant as a Slaughter, Warrant, Kix, or Trixter reunion. Couldn't sell out a tent.

Saul Isobel
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2006, 11:49:53 AM »

Yeah, Skid Row with Baz is my #2 favorite band, but even I'll admit the public doesn't know or care who they are nowadays. Stupid grunge..

LMAO, "stupid grunge"Huh!!! The Seattle scene was amazing and rightly buried all those shite cock rock bands. I'll take Soundgarden, Alice in Chains, Nirvana, Pearl Jam and Screaming Trees etc over the likes of Warrant, Slaughter, Skid Row and Cinderella etc any day of the week. There's a reason grunge buried that cheesy dated crap. Only the good shit like Metallica and Guns'n'Roses were able to compete b/c they were actually good enough!
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2006, 11:56:41 AM »

Yeah, Skid Row with Baz is my #2 favorite band, but even I'll admit the public doesn't know or care who they are nowadays. Stupid grunge..

LMAO, "stupid grunge"Huh!!! The Seattle scene was amazing and rightly buried all those shite cock rock bands. I'll take Soundgarden, Alice in Chains, Nirvana, Pearl Jam and Screaming Trees etc over the likes of Warrant, Slaughter, Skid Row and Cinderella etc any day of the week. There's a reason grunge buried that cheesy dated crap. Only the good shit like Metallica and Guns'n'Roses were able to compete b/c they were actually good enough!

I don't think we need to turn this into another hair vs plaid discussion Roll Eyes neither side is gonna be swayed....check out dead horse or bad obsession if you wanna talk about it ok

IronMaiden415
Headliner

getting bizzy with izzy

« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2006, 12:12:30 PM »

Skid Row with GnR, like the old days, it's gonna be a kick ass show...
yeah. that would kick ass!  beer

Dec 17 - Tran Siberian Orchestra - fuckin amazing!
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2006, 01:27:17 PM »

Too bad Skid Row isnt really a band you can group in with the likes of Warrent considering they were real metal. I doubt this is true.. Baz has a solo album coming out soon and just put together a talented band. And for those sayin Skid Row is a rip off of GnR.. Get a fuckin clue.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2006, 01:33:23 PM »

Too bad Skid Row isnt really a band you can group in with the likes of Warrent considering they were real metal.
I grouped them together because they were all popular at the same time, and faded from the scene around the same time. In no way, shape, or form are those bands I listed as good as Skid Row was.

BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2006, 01:36:53 PM »

Skid Row is still ogt a following.. And so does Baz.. Now take those Skid Row fans would stuck wit Skid Row with out Baz and then those who left and started to listen to Baz solo shit.. You got a pretty good following for an opening slot. And once people here Skid Row with Baz.. It will draw people.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2006, 01:37:26 PM »

I personally wouldn't mind it, I was a fairly decent Skid Row fan back in the day (slave to the grind is an AWESOME album with a lot of good songs), but to the masses, Skid Row wasnt' an upper echelon band.  If memory serves correct, they had 1-2 big songs (18 and life, I'll remember you).  Slave to the grind might have sold ok, but it didn't have a WTTJ, PC, SCOM hit in it.   And then after that, well, nobody cares.

The best kind of opening act is a new band that is up and coming and creating a lot of buzz (much like Guns was when they were still on opening act status).   Thats why I liked the A7X choice.  Skid Row I think would make most people  hihi a little bit.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: