Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2024, 10:34:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228489 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  GN'R On Tour!
| | |-+  North America 2006
| | | |-+  New York City, USA Hammerstein Ballroom - May 12, 2006 + general info
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 53 Go Down Print
Author Topic: New York City, USA Hammerstein Ballroom - May 12, 2006 + general info  (Read 169195 times)
IFINGLOVEGNR
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #660 on: May 08, 2006, 05:17:33 PM »

i wanted to bring a camera to the pre party, get some pics to keep the memories, but im not going back to anywhere once i get into the city.? but no cameras in hammerstein ... any suggestions?

I have the same exact problem and there wont be a coat check.

Is there anyone out here will have a car nearby or a hotel room where we can just leave our cameras, that would be the biggest help

5/12/06
5/14/06
5/15/06
5/17/06
NJ-11/5/06
NYC-MSG 11/10/06
NYC-CBGB 2/11/10
NYC-RoseBar 2/14/10
NJ-11/17/11
CT-11/19/11
NJ-11/26/11
NYC-2/12/12
Vegas-11/14,17,18/2012
NYC-6/6/13
NYC-6/8
Barbie567
Rocker

I must be losin' my mind - are you blind?

« Reply #661 on: May 08, 2006, 05:44:03 PM »

i wanted to bring a camera to the pre party, get some pics to keep the memories, but im not going back to anywhere once i get into the city.? but no cameras in hammerstein ... any suggestions?

See if Hammerstein has a coat check, and maybe they'll allow you to check the camera for the night since you can't bring the camera to the floor

Coat check will probably not be open, plus they will search you at the door.  I'm wondering about it, too...
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #662 on: May 08, 2006, 05:57:35 PM »

the camera im gonna take i just put it in my shoe and just walk in like that when they search me  Grin
Z
« Reply #663 on: May 08, 2006, 06:00:26 PM »

What do you expect the floor environment to be like??

I'm gonna be screaming like a B-movie scream queen. ?Like I haven't been let out of the house since the Phiily no-show in '02 and my aggression has been pent the fuck up since then.

I just listened to Axl's pre-show phone call to Trunk and I'm gettin out of my fuckin mind excited!!!!!

Do you New York bound gunners have any fuckin idea that we are gonna see GNR in a fuckin ballroom................A BALLROOM?!?!?

Never again will this monstrocity ever play a ballroom again.

It's gonna be like Axl and co. in somebody's backyard.

A BALLROOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The minute the lights dim and they hit the stage rippin some fuckin classic or better-yet "Better".........oh fuck who's gonna pick me up off the fuckin' ballroom floor when I pass the fuck out.

Then I'm gonna wake up and not know where the fuck I am cuz I'm gonna think its a fuckin dream goin, "NO WAY am I watching GNR in a ballroom".

GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #664 on: May 08, 2006, 06:10:12 PM »

See if Hammerstein has a coat check, and maybe they'll allow you to check the camera for the night since you can't bring the camera to the floor

Coat check will probably not be open, plus they will search you at the door.? I'm wondering about it, too...

what if you put the camera in a spot they wont check, or do they check everywhere

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #665 on: May 08, 2006, 06:11:33 PM »

I'm gonna be screaming like a B-movie scream queen. ?Like I haven't been let out of the house since the Phiily no-show in '02 and my aggression has been pent the fuck up since then.

I just listened to Axl's pre-show phone call to Trunk and I'm gettin out of my fuckin mind excited!!!!!

Do you New York bound gunners have any fuckin idea that we are gonna see GNR in a fuckin ballroom................A BALLROOM?!?!?

The minute the lights dim and they hit the stage rippin some fuckin classic or better-yet "Better".........oh fuck who's gonna pick me up off the fuckin' ballroom floor when I pass the fuck out.

Then I'm gonna wake up and not know where the fuck I am cuz I'm gonna think its a fuckin dream goin, "NO WAY am I watching GNR in a ballroom".

Not really we're going to see axl rose in a ballroom, if I was seeing gnr in a ballroom the ritz lineup would be there,,, I am excited to see axl..
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #666 on: May 08, 2006, 06:11:53 PM »

My wife and I are both gonna be at the preparty show but shes not going to the concert. We'll have our digital cam at the preparty. You're welcome to copies of my pics if you want.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #667 on: May 08, 2006, 06:17:52 PM »

My wife and I are both gonna be at the preparty show but shes not going to the concert. We'll have our digital cam at the preparty. You're welcome to copies of my pics if you want.

that's the way to do it... Bring someone that isn't staying with your camera for the meet up..
TOPGUNner
Rocker

Gonna call the president...

« Reply #668 on: May 08, 2006, 07:18:21 PM »

I feel the same way bro. Everyday I just get more excited...and the fact that it's a ballroom, and Axl can't run around stage all out of breathe and that the first show in 3 years, May 12th, only 2,500 PEOPLE will get to see and I'm one of them. It's a great time to be a Guns and Roses fan

Got a one way ticket on your last chance ride
Got a one way ticket to your suicide
tristanj13
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #669 on: May 08, 2006, 07:54:17 PM »

What do you expect the floor environment to be like? 

I'm gonna be screaming like a B-movie scream queen.  Like I haven't been let out of the house since the Phiily no-show in '02 and my aggression has been pent the fuck up since then.

I feel the same way bro. Everyday I just get more excited...and the fact that it's a ballroom, and Axl can't run around stage all out of breathe and that the first show in 3 years, May 12th, only 2,500 PEOPLE will get to see and I'm one of them. It's a great time to be a Guns and Roses fan

I thought it was 3700..not sure where that person got their info from, but thats the number I've seen floating around. Maybe Hammerstein's website? Either way each section will only hold a little more than  a thousand people that way.
Barbie567
Rocker

« Reply #670 on: May 08, 2006, 09:28:09 PM »

Someone invite Axl to the afterparty!!! smoking

Sure, no prob - what's his email again..?
nothingman
Headliner

Kickin' back in the shadows

« Reply #671 on: May 08, 2006, 09:37:04 PM »

Someone invite Axl to the afterparty!!! smoking

Sure, no prob - what's his email again..?

uhhh, it was mostly a joke
but in all seriousness if someone at the front can tell him at the concert, well you never know...

...downloading motherfuckers...
Barbie567
Rocker

« Reply #672 on: May 08, 2006, 09:46:04 PM »

I figured - but hey, you're right - what the fuck!  I will try to get close enough to slip him a flyer    ok
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #673 on: May 08, 2006, 09:53:29 PM »

I figured - but hey, you're right - what the fuck!  I will try to get close enough to slip him a flyer    ok

Now theres another event that would cause me to piss myself. Being in the same room w/ Axl.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
IFINGLOVEGNR
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #674 on: May 08, 2006, 10:51:09 PM »

I figured - but hey, you're right - what the fuck!? I will try to get close enough to slip him a flyer? ? ok

I plan to be front row center dressed like in the pic you see to the left of this post.

If i try to hand him a flyer I'm sure there's a good chance of him grabbing it

5/12/06
5/14/06
5/15/06
5/17/06
NJ-11/5/06
NYC-MSG 11/10/06
NYC-CBGB 2/11/10
NYC-RoseBar 2/14/10
NJ-11/17/11
CT-11/19/11
NJ-11/26/11
NYC-2/12/12
Vegas-11/14,17,18/2012
NYC-6/6/13
NYC-6/8
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #675 on: May 09, 2006, 03:10:51 AM »

I just made my plans for the whole trip...

Thursday- Culture Club (Awesome looking place that is 80's/90's themed and is $10.00 to get in.)
Friday- Gnr Concert/ Stop in at the after party/ then who knows where after that.
Sat. - Find a fancy restaurant to try some of them damn Kobe Beef Sliders then at night go to Crobar (Techno/Electronic Club... I'll probably get most fucked up on this night!!!)
Sun- Gnr Concert/ probably rest up and get to bed early!!
Mon- Gnr Concert/ party all night... fly out next morning!!!!
speed-stone
Banned
Rocker

...i fell in love and baby...

« Reply #676 on: May 09, 2006, 03:50:29 AM »

Thursday- Culture Club (Awesome looking place that is 80's/90's themed and is $10.00 to get in.)
Friday- Gnr Concert/ Stop in at the after party/ then who knows where after that.
Sat. - Find a fancy restaurant to try some of them damn Kobe Beef Sliders then at night go to Crobar (Techno/Electronic Club... I'll probably get most fucked up on this night!!!)

what happened to the mustang harry thing?
anyway, when excactly is the band expected to go on stage? and i do mean expected hihi
and how come you're not in the list of those going to the shows, mr. intesity?

i see the light at the end, but everytime i take a step, it gets dim... tell me is this hell we're living in? if so, heaven's gotta be better, but if we're hellbound, whatever, it's going down.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #677 on: May 09, 2006, 07:43:01 AM »

what happened to the mustang harry thing?
anyway, when excactly is the band expected to go on stage? and i do mean expected hihi
and how come you're not in the list of those going to the shows, mr. intesity?

he's speaking of everything after the concert, the pre party is a given already
Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #678 on: May 09, 2006, 08:43:26 AM »

Now theres another event that would cause me to piss myself. Being in the same room w/ Axl.

Please dont stand near me inside the Hammerstein than.

I'm trying to figure out getting up to Hartford saturday to see Pearl Jam. Actually its getting back thats the problem. There isnt a train back until 7:30 sunday morning. Lawn tickets are still available for PJ so if anyone has any ideas and is interested let me know.

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #679 on: May 09, 2006, 09:30:31 AM »

Buy a disposable camera.

Take pictures til your heart is content at the preshow party.

Before heading to the Hammerstein...finish the roll up, crack the camera open, and pull the roll of film.

I've done it a couple of thousand times (the opening of the camera), I'd bet.  Not too hard.  If that's the route you wanna go, and you're going on the 15th, I'll even help ya out.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 53 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: