Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 10:29:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228490 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  GN'R On Tour!
| | |-+  North America 2006
| | | |-+  New York City, USA Hammerstein Ballroom - May 12, 2006 + general info
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 53 Go Down Print
Author Topic: New York City, USA Hammerstein Ballroom - May 12, 2006 + general info  (Read 168824 times)
kbt24
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #440 on: April 27, 2006, 01:34:39 PM »

What time are you guys planning on lining up?

On the subject of openers I'm kind of conflicted.  I don't want to be standing around for a long time watching nothing, but even with an opener chances are that'll happen anyway.  I don't want to stand through shitty openers, especially if there's people who decide they're going to mosh to the shitty openers.  And if there are openers I'll still be freaking out the whole time they're on thinking about whether Axl is gonna show.  I'd rather just wait for GNR to go on.

The first time I ever saw Velvet Revolver as Roseland was I believe also their first show in NYC...they had an opener...some crap band called the living things. The band literally got boo-ed the entire time and the lead singer just stopped singing and started calling people out in the audience and cursing at them, trying to fight. While it's not what I hope for the GNR shows...hell man, it was mad funny  rofl

I was at VR's New Year's Eve shows in Nj and they had strange women dancing onstage... and they were kindof strange... We had to watch them for 4 hours...
kbt24
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #441 on: April 27, 2006, 01:42:46 PM »

Few questions:

1)  Why would you wait in line for so long if you are just gonna lose your spot when you go to bathroom?  (is the plan not to go to the bathroom)
I mean, if you can push your way back to your spot why even wait for 5-6 hours.  Especially those planning on drinking.

2) Can't you just push your way to the front?  I found that to be the case at a few other small venues I been to.  Its the rowdy people in front and then less rowdy people in the perimeters.  I'm willin to get rowdy.

3) I seen comments here and there but why would you wanna be in Mezz?  Don't you want the energy of the floor?  I don't understand this?
Is MEzz considered better than floor?

1) I'm not going to drink a thing so I don't have to go to the bathroom. Get good and dehydrated!

2) This is where women have an advantage, a low cut shirt and a smile can get you close to the front  beer

3) I have mez tix for two nights and floor for one
Crashdiet
Banned
VIP

'Absolutely'

« Reply #442 on: April 27, 2006, 01:56:53 PM »

still looking to trade 1 floor ticket for mezz 1 on 12, 14, or 17th. ok

Check out www.myspace.com/ashjonesmusic
Its me and my songs

Saskatoon, Sask Place March 16 1993

New York, Hammerstein Ballroom
May 12, 14, 15, 17
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #443 on: April 27, 2006, 02:01:05 PM »

it's going to be weird not knowing anyone's name really.. pre party I'll have to try and remember so many usernames... Some names stand out but some with rose or estranged or types like that will be harder to remember

I was thinking about that the other day as well! I post here and another site and I can imagine how hard it's gonna be putting all the faces w/ the user names and real names on top of that!

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Barbie567
Rocker

I must be losin' my mind - are you blind?

« Reply #444 on: April 27, 2006, 02:01:52 PM »

Hey im stayin at a hotel in Bergen NJ thats like 4-5 miles from the Hammerstein.? my question is about cabs...will they take me there since in a differnet state and how much would a cab cost for that ride?

Thanks,
Kyle

You can probably take a PATH or NJ Transit train from Bergen to NYC for under $10 - you should check online. ?That would be a much better bet than trying to take a cab from Jersey.
smithandheston
Headliner

Madagascar, great song.... great place

« Reply #445 on: April 27, 2006, 03:14:16 PM »

I will be there on the 15th w/ my friend! SOOOO psyched!! I just pray he shows up!! I had to go through a scalper but its just money  Grin

Anyone gunna go to sterio afterwards? Hell its open all night, near the hammerstien and thats where most of Axl spottings have been.... ill be there!!
TheDave0206
Headliner

« Reply #446 on: April 27, 2006, 04:25:22 PM »

Take the train in--- it goes right to MSG-- terribly easy-- hammerstein is right around the corner (.12 miles, 0 min according to mapquest)  Trains run most of the night also-- seriously, itll cost less and its so much easier if ur comin from anywhere in jersey.  Check njtransit.com, northeast corridor line for details.

Fun how everything was roses
When we held on to the guns
Just because you're winnin'
Don't mean you're the lucky ones
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #447 on: April 27, 2006, 07:07:19 PM »

Take the train in--- it goes right to MSG-- terribly easy-- hammerstein is right around the corner (.12 miles, 0 min according to mapquest)? Trains run most of the night also-- seriously, itll cost less and its so much easier if ur comin from anywhere in jersey.? Check njtransit.com, northeast corridor line for details.

is the train and bus station the same place

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
demonscars
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #448 on: April 27, 2006, 07:20:56 PM »

Take the train in--- it goes right to MSG-- terribly easy-- hammerstein is right around the corner (.12 miles, 0 min according to mapquest)  Trains run most of the night also-- seriously, itll cost less and its so much easier if ur comin from anywhere in jersey.  Check njtransit.com, northeast corridor line for details.

No the port authority terminal is in the 40's.  You'd have to take a train or cab there (unless you like to walk).
Deez Nuts
Rocker

Village Gorilla Neck

« Reply #449 on: April 27, 2006, 09:10:19 PM »

it's going to be weird not knowing anyone's name really.. pre party I'll have to try and remember so many usernames... Some names stand out but some with rose or estranged or types like that will be harder to remember

Yeah I've been thinking the same thing.? I've thought about us all having name tags, but then that would show the entire world that we are message board nerds, instead of just us knowing it.? All I know is I'm going to try to befriend you Mike cause you look like you could beat the shit out of anyone, judging from your pics.?

I can just imagine my preparty experience going down the shithole after a few brews and not knowing anyones name.? Having no idea who I'm talking to, I'll probably end up telling Davegnr2k and Younggunner how the old gnr is so much better than the new, telling Mike how the old gnr didn't do shit and were nothing, debating politics with SLCpunk and telling him that GW is the man, at about 6:30pm get into a conversation with D about how bad the Chili Peppers suck and telling metallix that my favorite thread on the whole board is 'on a scale of 1-10, how bad does metallica suck', and to top it all off, get into a deep conversation with Horsey about Axl's tight white spandex shorts.

My plan for the 15th:

Arrive in NYC around 2 PM.

Party at Mustang Harrys til around 6 PM.

Head over and get in line til 7:30.

All subject to change as the mood strikes me....

Smiley

Keep in mind, I have mezz2 tickets...so it might be a bit different.

I too have mezz2 tickets and was thinking the same thing.? ?ok

A bunch of people have mezz2 tickets.....and, I think, are going to follow the same basic plan.

Yeah I'm going to follow that similar pattern, except probably getting to Mustangs around noon and leaving for an hour at 3pm to check into my hotel.? I probably won't leave Mustangs until 7, allowing me to only have to hold my booze in for a half hour while waiting in line.?

Mezz2 on the 15th is going to be rocking, it is the site for the post-preparty, or would it be the pre-post party?? Mr. Intensity can you begin working on this?? We want discounted drinks up there in the nose bleeds!

Fargo  Nov 15, 2002
NY       May 15, 2006
NY       May 17, 2006
Ames   Dec 1,   2006
Mpls     Dec 2,   2006
Sturgis Aug 13, 2010
Fargo Aug 11, 2021
darknemus
I lost my threads and all I got was this lousy title
Legend

A true fan - no, not that 'truefan' (where is he?)

« Reply #450 on: April 27, 2006, 09:30:52 PM »

Namewise, I respond to both Craig & dark.  Trust me, ALOT of people call me 'dark'.  Its all good.  Heck, some people still just call me 'nemus' - but those are people I've known for like 10+ years.

-darknemus

It's not how you're thinking, or as you've imagined
To live in a shade of beliefs that were fashioned
to leave you in slavery and drain out your soul....
Electric Sintar
Headliner

This is the greatest and best song in the world!

« Reply #451 on: April 27, 2006, 09:51:03 PM »

It still all seems a little strange.  I haven't posted much here, but have been visting this board at least weekly for the past five years.  By just reading people's opinions, etc. for so long, it almost seems like I know a lot of the people on this board.  I think it will all be good meeting people and putting faces with names.

Only 2 weeks from tomorrow night and I finally get to see/hear Axl for the first time in 14 years (no pun intended).  My ticket from the Philly show in 2002 still sits next to my keybaord as a reminder of what could have been a great concernt,  I'm sure this will more then make up for it.  See everyone at Mustang's on the 12th... beer
IFINGLOVEGNR
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #452 on: April 28, 2006, 12:01:59 AM »

Take the train in--- it goes right to MSG-- terribly easy-- hammerstein is right around the corner (.12 miles, 0 min according to mapquest)? Trains run most of the night also-- seriously, itll cost less and its so much easier if ur comin from anywhere in jersey.? Check njtransit.com, northeast corridor line for details.

No the port authority terminal is in the 40's.? You'd have to take a train or cab there (unless you like to walk).

The Bus station is at at 40th st. & 8th ave, Only 6 short blocks from the Hammerstien and Penn Station ( about a 5-10 minute walk door to door ) dont cab it, walk it
« Last Edit: April 28, 2006, 12:07:19 AM by IFINGLOVEVR » Logged

5/12/06
5/14/06
5/15/06
5/17/06
NJ-11/5/06
NYC-MSG 11/10/06
NYC-CBGB 2/11/10
NYC-RoseBar 2/14/10
NJ-11/17/11
CT-11/19/11
NJ-11/26/11
NYC-2/12/12
Vegas-11/14,17,18/2012
NYC-6/6/13
NYC-6/8
Speed Stone
Banned
Opening Act

patiently waiting

« Reply #453 on: April 28, 2006, 01:10:42 AM »

Few questions:

1)? Why would you wait in line for so long if you are just gonna lose your spot when you go to bathroom?? (is the plan not to go to the bathroom)
I mean, if you can push your way back to your spot why even wait for 5-6 hours.? Especially those planning on drinking.

2) Can't you just push your way to the front?? I found that to be the case at a few other small venues I been to.? Its the rowdy people in front and then less rowdy people in the perimeters.? I'm willin to get rowdy.

3) I seen comments here and there but why would you wanna be in Mezz?? Don't you want the energy of the floor?? I don't understand this?
Is MEzz considered better than floor?
just my thoughts

1) those waiting in line probably aren't drinking (unless they are flasking it), thus no need to go to the bathroom.? if you can't hold your urine for 5 hours and you're not drinking, you have a bladder problem my friend, plus with an incentive of being 10 feet away from Axl, I think you can hold it.? seriously, if you can make it through the night without being a bed-wetter I think you can make it this long (most people sleep over 9 hours).

2) yes you can push your way to the front, if you think you are part of the 'cool crowd' doing that; get rowdy by all means

3) can't speak for everyone on the mezz issue but here's my personal thoughts why i like it:

* Don't want to spend the entire concert being pushed up against the front, having my dick in some guy's ass, and another guy's dick in my ass....

* There's that awkward 'where do i put my hands' thing on the floor, if I put them in my pockets I lose my balance in the sway, but if I keep them at my side, they are touching an ass on my left and a wanker on my right

* Don't want to have my view blocked by a huge dude (even though I'm 6'3", there are taller people out there)

* Don't care for surfers and their flying feet hitting me while Richard is playing an awesome slide guitar solo that I'm enjoying

* I come to GNR concerts for the music and seeing Axl, not to sweat my balls off jumping up and down against strangers who I don't know if they have showered in the past month

* Do want to hear better sound quality that you get from being away from the stage speakers

* Do want to see entire band, not just one player on one side

* I've touched, or been within a few feet of Tommy, Dizzy, Brain, and Bucket --- no need to fight my way through a crowd to get close to these guys when I've been 2 feet away from Tommy's guitar for his entire 2 hour solo set, the only person worth being close to is Axl

* I'm coming with my little sister the fourth night, no need to worry about her getting trampled in the mezz

* Many GNR fans aren't 16 year olds that are full of piss and vinegar, they want a little less hectic setting, and besides, it'll be rowdy enough wherever you are in the building

fucking best post ever!!! Shocked i couldn't agree more! spot on, dude! yes beer smoking

The one and only Speed Stone, reader since '99, member since 2002, had to delete my account due to severe insults by SLCPUNK
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #454 on: April 28, 2006, 10:13:28 AM »

Also don't forget, that its mainly going to be people from the main GN'R message boards attending these shows. So, I doubt this is going to be as rowdy of an event as a normal show in NYC. We all want to see the show and have a good time, not act like obnoxious assholes, although I'm sure there's always going to be the asshole and/or assholes that are going to ruin it for everyone on the floor.

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #455 on: April 28, 2006, 10:15:32 AM »

woow! Two weeks to go!!!!!! THats not much in the GNR world!!! Have a great time Americans!!!  ok yes

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #456 on: April 28, 2006, 10:20:32 AM »

Also don't forget, that its mainly going to be people from the main GN'R message boards attending these shows. So, I doubt this is going to be as rowdy of an event as a normal show in NYC. We all want to see the show and have a good time, not act like obnoxious assholes, although I'm sure there's always going to be the asshole and/or assholes that are going to ruin it for everyone on the floor.

everyone in the forums that goes if they have a half a brain cell know not to get axl pissed and stop the show or get tossed themselves... Let me say this though, some people are not drinkers and are going to get stupid trying to force themselves up to the front.. Should be great.
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #457 on: April 28, 2006, 10:23:50 AM »

I plan on getting there early enough so that i don't have to worry about forcing myself to the front! I'll be down front to begin with!  ok

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
fif
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #458 on: April 28, 2006, 10:26:57 AM »

I plan on getting there early enough so that i don't have to worry about forcing myself to the front! I'll be down front to begin with!? ok

That's exactly what I plan to do!
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #459 on: April 28, 2006, 11:34:20 AM »

Mike if you promise to be my Earl you can have a spot right on the rail

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 53 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: