Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 07:02:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228487 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  GN'R On Tour!
| | |-+  North America 2006
| | | |-+  New York City, USA Hammerstein Ballroom - May 12, 2006 + general info
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 53 Go Down Print
Author Topic: New York City, USA Hammerstein Ballroom - May 12, 2006 + general info  (Read 168716 times)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #340 on: April 25, 2006, 10:42:17 AM »

i also hope they come on on time because the last train that leaves for nj is 145.....ill be stuck if he comes on late

Well, I'll be hanging out at Penn until about 3:15.  First train after midnight back to New Haven...

So, if you miss your train, you'll have company at least.

Smiley

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Red Sox Fan
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #341 on: April 25, 2006, 10:52:57 AM »

I got that same response from just about everyone I talked to when I attempted to find someone to go with.? But, I'm making the trip solo, it's GUNS N FUCKIN ROSES!!!? I've missed WAY too many shows because I couldn't find anyone to go with and I've decided that I'm not missing a show I want to go to just because no one else will go.? Can't wait until the 12th!!

Nobody coming solo will BE solo if they don't want to be.? With the preshow parties going on, everyone is going to be able to actually GO to the show, if they want to, with a pretty big group of people. Smiley

Now, here's my question:? Figuring the show will end around 12:30 AM to 1 AM.? My train out doesn't leave until about 3:15 from Penn station.? Anyone know a place nearby that serves 24 hour breakfast....diner-type food that's pretty close to the venue and Penn Station (oh..yeah...and the food is good, too, maybe)?? It's sorta a long standing tradition, with me, to do breakfast after a GnR show (and I'd welcome any company that might want to come with.).

I am in the same boat as you pilferk, i dont think the first bus back to htfd is 3:30
IFINGLOVEGNR
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #342 on: April 25, 2006, 11:20:39 AM »

i also hope they come on on time because the last train that leaves for nj is 145.....ill be stuck if he comes on late

Its not such a big deal, there's a 4:20 train in case you miss it, I've gone on that one plenty of times
But as long as the show ends by 1:30 you'll make it
« Last Edit: April 25, 2006, 12:04:18 PM by IFINGLOVEVR » Logged

5/12/06
5/14/06
5/15/06
5/17/06
NJ-11/5/06
NYC-MSG 11/10/06
NYC-CBGB 2/11/10
NYC-RoseBar 2/14/10
NJ-11/17/11
CT-11/19/11
NJ-11/26/11
NYC-2/12/12
Vegas-11/14,17,18/2012
NYC-6/6/13
NYC-6/8
fif
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #343 on: April 25, 2006, 11:42:19 AM »

I got that same response from just about everyone I talked to when I attempted to find someone to go with.? But, I'm making the trip solo, it's GUNS N FUCKIN ROSES!!!? I've missed WAY too many shows because I couldn't find anyone to go with and I've decided that I'm not missing a show I want to go to just because no one else will go.? Can't wait until the 12th!!

Nobody coming solo will BE solo if they don't want to be.? With the preshow parties going on, everyone is going to be able to actually GO to the show, if they want to, with a pretty big group of people. Smiley

Now, here's my question:? Figuring the show will end around 12:30 AM to 1 AM.? My train out doesn't leave until about 3:15 from Penn station.? Anyone know a place nearby that serves 24 hour breakfast....diner-type food that's pretty close to the venue and Penn Station (oh..yeah...and the food is good, too, maybe)?? It's sorta a long standing tradition, with me, to do breakfast after a GnR show (and I'd welcome any company that might want to come with.).

Here's a 24 hour diner just a few blocks away from MSG.  It's called the Skylight Diner.  I've never been there, but I guess it's a place to go if anyone misses their transportation out of the city.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #344 on: April 25, 2006, 12:09:03 PM »

Here's a 24 hour diner just a few blocks away from MSG.? It's called the Skylight Diner.? I've never been there, but I guess it's a place to go if anyone misses their transportation out of the city.

PERFECT!!!

It's literally right up the street from the Hammerstein....probably be mobbed after the show but....works for me!

Together again,
Jaffattack
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #345 on: April 25, 2006, 01:05:43 PM »

I am looking to trade 3 floor tix for the 17th, for 3 floor tix for the 15th. Straight up 3 for 3 trade. PM me if interested. I can meet in NYC
fif
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #346 on: April 25, 2006, 01:12:37 PM »

Here's a 24 hour diner just a few blocks away from MSG.? It's called the Skylight Diner.? I've never been there, but I guess it's a place to go if anyone misses their transportation out of the city.

PERFECT!!!

It's literally right up the street from the Hammerstein....probably be mobbed after the show but....works for me!

The website I looked at for it said they do take reservations.  So if you definantly plan on going there you could probably call them up and make reservations for after the show.
shotgun_blue
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #347 on: April 25, 2006, 01:17:09 PM »

Is anyone going not American?! Im flying in for the weekend and on my own for two nights till friends arrive (one night on own is my birthday  Undecided ). Ive never been to NY and im flying all the way from London so Im a little nervous although Im sure everyone will be great to me ( Americans are so much more friendly than us Brits), I was just wondering If anyone else is coming from abroad?   
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #348 on: April 25, 2006, 01:24:26 PM »

PERFECT!!!

The website I looked at for it said they do take reservations.? So if you definantly plan on going there you could probably call them up and make reservations for after the show.

Pshaw!!! Reservations??

I dont' know.....seems so WRONG to make ressies after a GnR concert for anything. You know what I mean?

I'm gonna fly by the seat on this one.  If they have tables open, great.  If not...I'll either find something else or wait.  I prolly got 2 hours to kill.

Together again,
Barbie567
Rocker

I must be losin' my mind - are you blind?

« Reply #349 on: April 25, 2006, 01:28:02 PM »

Why not just go out after the show & party for a little while instead of sitting & waiting around in a train station...?  Also, I gotta say - a NYC diner that takes reservations?  That's just weird.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #350 on: April 25, 2006, 01:33:14 PM »

Why not just go out after the show & party for a little while instead of sitting & waiting around in a train station...?? Also, I gotta say - a NYC diner that takes reservations?? That's just weird.

As I said, for me...breakfast after a GnR show is tradition.? So I'll try to hunt that down...for the 6th time.? And will probably "bring the party" (at least some of it) with me.

If I can't find it, I may head to a local watering hole for awhile with some of the other posters....I just don't want to get so sloshed I either miss my train, or can't walk straight to get to my train.? After my hour and 30 min train ride, I still have an hour and 20 min drive home.? Helps to stay at least close to sober for all that. Smiley

Besides, I'm 32 years old, married, and have 2 (plus one on the way) kids.  The bar/club scene doesn't hold the sway over me that it once did.  Which is not to say it's not fun, on occasion.....but sitting down, shooting the shit with some of the htgth crowd, and talking about the show (all, hopefully, while consuming some grub) sounds like fun, too.  Especially RIGHT after the show. Smiley  I know, I know....boring to the younger set.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2006, 01:42:13 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
fif
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #351 on: April 25, 2006, 01:37:27 PM »

Why not just go out after the show & party for a little while instead of sitting & waiting around in a train station...?? Also, I gotta say - a NYC diner that takes reservations?? That's just weird.

Unfortunately for me there's four reasons I can't stay for the after party:
1) I'm only 20
2) If I did get to partying I tend to easily lose track of time
3) I have a 4 hour drive back to school once I get outside the city
4) If I miss my train I'm kind of screwed because a hotel really doesn't fit into a college budget

Otherwise I'd definantly be partying it up after the concert!!
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #352 on: April 25, 2006, 02:12:06 PM »

With the exception of the friday show, I doubt i'll be going out after any of these shows - gotta hit the old 9-5 the next day Sad  I doubt I'll even be drinking too much beforehand...last thing I want to do is give up a good floor spot just to take a leak.  Being shit faced at MSG did enhance how good of a time I had though. 

I bet some of you going to the pre party won't even make it to the show haha. or will be so hammered you won't remember it Wink   beer

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #353 on: April 25, 2006, 02:14:04 PM »

With the exception of the friday show, I doubt i'll be going out after any of these shows - gotta hit the old 9-5 the next day Sad? I doubt I'll even be drinking too much beforehand...last thing I want to do is give up a good floor spot just to take a leak.? Being shit faced at MSG did enhance how good of a time I had though.?

I bet some of you going to the pre party won't even make it to the show haha. or will be so hammered you won't remember it Wink? ?beer

Remember, they DO serves drinks at the ballroom.

I've heard accounts (but never seen...my time in the mezz's was awhile back) that there are even waitresses up in the balconies. Smiley

Together again,
DizzyReed63
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #354 on: April 25, 2006, 02:35:39 PM »

Hopefully some of us will meet at the pre-part at Mustang Harry's before the show, and we can all head over to wherever after the show. I doubt any of us will be ready to crash at that point!
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #355 on: April 25, 2006, 03:14:05 PM »

just got the tix, 20 more days !

smeagol2124
Rocker

I will not go quietly

« Reply #356 on: April 25, 2006, 03:49:41 PM »

I will be there for all four shows!
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #357 on: April 25, 2006, 03:52:42 PM »

I will be there for all four shows!

what days will you be at pre-party and with how many friends?
demonscars
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #358 on: April 25, 2006, 04:04:45 PM »

What time are you guys planning on lining up?

On the subject of openers I'm kind of conflicted.  I don't want to be standing around for a long time watching nothing, but even with an opener chances are that'll happen anyway.  I don't want to stand through shitty openers, especially if there's people who decide they're going to mosh to the shitty openers.  And if there are openers I'll still be freaking out the whole time they're on thinking about whether Axl is gonna show.  I'd rather just wait for GNR to go on.
fif
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #359 on: April 25, 2006, 04:09:06 PM »

What time are you guys planning on lining up?

I plan on lining up, or at least checking out the line, right when I get into the city.  I'm shooting for between 10 and 11.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 53 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: