Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 10:15:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228480 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  GN'R On Tour!
| | |-+  North America 2006
| | | |-+  New York City, USA Hammerstein Ballroom - May 12, 2006 + general info
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 53 Go Down Print
Author Topic: New York City, USA Hammerstein Ballroom - May 12, 2006 + general info  (Read 168507 times)
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #240 on: April 23, 2006, 02:54:26 AM »

I've been there once before to see Iron Maiden. ?Its a great place to see a show. ?The sound is great, actually that Iron Maiden show was the best concert I've ever been to...until May 12th I'm sure.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #241 on: April 23, 2006, 08:17:56 AM »

So...who all has been to The Hammerstein. This place looks great! Once in a lifetime chance to see Gn'R in a venue this small! How's the sound??

Jim

The sound system is fantastic.

You're in for a real treat, as are all the other gunners who will be getting to see them at the Hammerstein.

It's an awesome venue.  I'm psyched to go!

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Nightfall
The Evil Dutchess
VIP

« Reply #242 on: April 23, 2006, 08:43:18 AM »

when someone receives their tickets by mail could they please scan them and send me the pictures?
I'm already designing my scrapbook and could really use the scans! I need them for 14, 15 and 17.
please mail them (in highest resolution possible) to atelien@hotmail.com

Nightfall On Tour 2012:
NY: Februari 10 & 12
France: June 5, 11, 14 & 19
shotgun_blue
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #243 on: April 23, 2006, 02:08:49 PM »

Does anyone know how much the cab would cost from JFK airport to the Hammerstein? And how much I should tip?!
GNR estranged
Rocker

« Reply #244 on: April 23, 2006, 03:27:04 PM »

So...who all has been to The Hammerstein. This place looks great! Once in a lifetime chance to see Gn'R in a venue this small! How's the sound??

Jim

You know I have been going to this website for about 7 years and always was too lazy to sign up for the message board? The Hammerstein ballroom is great. I went there for ECW shows and a Tool concert. The sound was awesome and everything was cool. The only bad thing I will say, I dont know how it is for concerts but I sat in the second mezz for an ecw show and if you are towards the top of the section there are two big poles that get in your way of the ring. you can still see but it is kind of annoying. i dont know if its different for concerts, just a heads up.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #245 on: April 23, 2006, 03:27:54 PM »

Does anyone know how much the cab would cost from JFK airport to the Hammerstein? And how much I should tip?!

30 bucks, give about 5... depends on the service (bags luggage)
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #246 on: April 23, 2006, 04:56:57 PM »

see you all there on the 12th (whoever's going then)

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #247 on: April 23, 2006, 04:57:52 PM »

See you there too dude. ok
TOPGUNner
Rocker

Gonna call the president...

« Reply #248 on: April 23, 2006, 05:10:03 PM »

See you there too dude. ok

YES! December 12, I'll be there, both at the pre party and then standing General Admission for the show.

December 12 is going to be the best night EVER

Got a one way ticket on your last chance ride
Got a one way ticket to your suicide
Rosettta7
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #249 on: April 23, 2006, 05:27:31 PM »

I hope to be there on the 12th (still working on a flight).? Can anyone recommend a hotel nearby?? Never been to NYC before, and need to make a reservation soon.? And which airport should I fly into (JFK? LaGuardia?)? Me = tourist.? Thanks!

I just booked a room at the Whitehouse Hotel for $28 per night.  It's basically a room the size of the bed, and the bathroom is shared.  It got a good review in my travel book.  It's located near East Village.  Can't beat the price since I won't be in the room much anyway!
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #250 on: April 23, 2006, 05:31:32 PM »

I'll be there for the 12th, probably stag as my wife isn't quite the fanatic I am, so she'll be working during the day and meeting me closer to showtime. ?I haven't been posting that long, however I'm looking forward to having a few drinks, listening to some GN'R and getting to me some like minded gunners!

I have seats for the 12th on Mezz Level 1. ?I will probably get on the line around 5-5:30. ?Hopefully thats soon enough to get first few rows.

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
jtopicz1
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #251 on: April 23, 2006, 06:30:51 PM »

So...hope it's ok to discuss this here, but whats everyone else doing on the days around the show(s). I know a lot of us are traveling from other states and kinda making a mini vacation of it. I've never been to NYC, so very excited.

We arrive at JFK at 11:00pm on the 12th, leave at 6am on the 15th. Will have all day Sat. and the afternoon Sunday to tour the city. I know Times Square and Empire state building are on the list, maybe some good pizza too, and possibly even a broadway show if we get the time Saturday evening.

We're staying at the DoubleTree Metropolitan for $120/nt. If anyone needs help with ressies I can get you this hotel, or The Grand Hyatt for $135 (I can only get Hyatt for Saturday/Sunday nights)

Whats everyone else's plans for the weekend??

Jim
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

« Reply #252 on: April 23, 2006, 06:44:21 PM »

So...hope it's ok to discuss this here, but whats everyone else doing on the days around the show(s). I know a lot of us are traveling from other states and kinda making a mini vacation of it. I've never been to NYC, so very excited.

We arrive at JFK at 11:00pm on the 12th, leave at 6am on the 15th. Will have all day Sat. and the afternoon Sunday to tour the city. I know Times Square and Empire state building are on the list, maybe some good pizza too, and possibly even a broadway show if we get the time Saturday evening.

We're staying at the DoubleTree Metropolitan for $120/nt. If anyone needs help with ressies I can get you this hotel, or The Grand Hyatt for $135 (I can only get Hyatt for Saturday/Sunday nights)

Jim

Drink booze, listen to guns n roses, hit up Stereo on Saturday night, and look for hot babes. peace
tristanj13
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #253 on: April 23, 2006, 09:32:01 PM »

30 bucks, give about 5... depends on the service (bags luggage)

Anyone have an estimate of what LaGuardia to Hammerstein would be? I've heard anywhere from 20-40 so I'm confused on what I should budget for it. Anyone whos taken it before a few times know what the average is with tip?
directionality
Headliner

« Reply #254 on: April 23, 2006, 09:37:39 PM »

Wondering because I haven't seen it posted... who from the forum is going to all four nights?
bigcash2002
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #255 on: April 23, 2006, 09:59:56 PM »

Jim a need a hotel for a night or 2...doubletree sounds good...please check your email, just sent you a PM
directionality
Headliner

« Reply #256 on: April 23, 2006, 10:02:52 PM »

One more question for anyone willing to answer:

I am going to be sleeping in my car somewhere... which areas should I avoid/which areas are safest/where will I not be ticketed?
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

« Reply #257 on: April 23, 2006, 10:28:54 PM »

One more question for anyone willing to answer:

I am going to be sleeping in my car somewhere... which areas should I avoid/which areas are safest/where will I not be ticketed?

I'm sure most people don't have that problem..so they wouldn't know where to sleep in a car. But, I'd imagine in a well lit area.
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

« Reply #258 on: April 23, 2006, 10:29:19 PM »

Wondering because I haven't seen it posted... who from the forum is going to all four nights?

I'm going to 3.
J?
Kid In The Hall
Banned
VIP

Here Since January 11th 2002

« Reply #259 on: April 23, 2006, 10:29:56 PM »

Jim

Hey I pm you as well about getting that rate a night.

Anyways it looks like an amazing concert.

Fuck All Y'all
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 53 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: