Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 10:08:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228480 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  GN'R On Tour!
| | |-+  North America 2006
| | | |-+  New York City, USA Hammerstein Ballroom - May 12, 2006 + general info
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 53 Go Down Print
Author Topic: New York City, USA Hammerstein Ballroom - May 12, 2006 + general info  (Read 168498 times)
shotgun_blue
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #220 on: April 22, 2006, 03:01:40 AM »

hey i'm new to this forum, I didnt even know HTGTH had a forum till someone just wrote about it in the Velvet Revolver forum that we might get hooked up with Tickets early as a pre-sale

I'll def be going to both of these shows (in my Axl costume) I'm in College pretty close to the Hammerstein so I am so freakin exited for these concerts i cant sleep or even eat till I have tickets

I can show up on line by 11:00 am but i will have to go to class and leave the line for 2 hours between 2-4

let me know if thats cool or else I'll just have to show up at 4:00

Axl costume! thats funny  hihi

Imflying in from London on the 14th for the 15th show! I got a friend for the 15th but on my own for the 14th  Sad Where are people going for a drink that night? Its my birthday aswell that day so I dont really wanna spend it on my own!
shotgun_blue
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #221 on: April 22, 2006, 03:03:44 AM »

shit, sorry - didnt realise I was at the start of the thread! Heay night last night and my head isnt in gear yet!
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #222 on: April 22, 2006, 09:24:03 AM »

fuck all these noon to 5:30 parties.... I don't even work late and I get off at 2:30pm, that still leaves me now time.. Undecided I never even noticed the times because I didn't have my tickets yet, I just figured whatever times at night I'd be there... I might have to do a day of construction then change in the shanty, hopefully I am working in manhattan so I can be there by 3..

Well I'll see what each day brings, it's just hard when you are a construction worker, you don't get sick days, whatever you miss is out of your pockets and most people take days off when they are laid off..
amenpill
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #223 on: April 22, 2006, 11:12:44 AM »

Hey Guys !!! I'm looking to buy 2 ticket's for the night of the 12th..
Willing to pay more than face value..Please email me @ diego_perazza@hotmail.com

The Best is yet to come !!!!Suckers
sp9543
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #224 on: April 22, 2006, 11:54:47 AM »

i'll be there on the 17th!

Slow down, chew your food.
icpillusions
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #225 on: April 22, 2006, 12:11:42 PM »

Where exactly is Mustang Harry's I would like to join in on the festivities on the 12th and possibly the 14th.

It's pretty close to the venue.  Just look at the map on MH's webpage. 

I'll probably show up for a few if I arrive early enough in NYC.
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #226 on: April 22, 2006, 12:25:08 PM »

Greetings,

I have organized a pre-party for the dates of May 12th, 14th, 15th, and 17th. The Pre-Party is scheduled to take place at Mustang Harry's which is about 5 minutes walking distance from Hammerstein Ballroom. This bar can hold up to 400 people and will allow us to play Guns N Roses music from noon-5:30 pm on all dates before the Guns N Roses show. This will be for all ages as the bar serves food and drink.  They have arranged to start the party upstairs in their private room that holds up to 250 people and has a seperate bar. Drink specials will be $4.50 domestic beers and $5.50 well drinks when ordering house liquors. As the amount of people grows, the specials may get better, this will be decided at management's discretion. Please pm me or post in here if you plan on attending the pre-party as I have guaranteed the owner he can expect at least 50-200 people. Please feel free to bring yourself and your friends to the bar, it is clean, handicap accessible, and close to the venue. This is a perfect oppurtunity for us to meet and prepare to cheer on Guns N Roses return to the stage and ultimately their return to rock n roll glory.

I know the concerts will be general admission seating. I understand some of you will prefer to camp out in line to get the best position on the floor or mezz. I encourage you though to all work in shifts, so you'll have the oppurtunity to come over to the bar and meet fellow posters you've been posting with the last 1-7 years on this board.  Given the fact that the pre-party's start at noon, there is definitely time for every one of you to at least stop in for an hour.

These are all the details I have at this time for the pre-party, I finally recieved a letter of confirmation from the owner this morning. I hope we can all make this turn out to be a special event, it's so great that people are traveling from all over the world just to be at one of these shows.

PLEASE SEND ME A PM, WITH WHAT DATES YOU'LL BE ATTENDING THE PRE-PARTY'S AND HOW MANY GUESTS YOU ARE BRINGING. I'VE HAD TO START THE LIST OVER WITH THE TWO NEW DATES ADDED!!!!!!!!!

I look forward to meeting every one of you that decides to come to the pre-partys, I will begin considering after party places sometime this week. I just wanted to make sure I got the pre-party's confirmed in the same location for all dates first.

-Justin peace

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #227 on: April 22, 2006, 04:22:26 PM »

i'll be there 12-15-17 goog going ok
jtopicz1
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #228 on: April 22, 2006, 04:37:15 PM »

Got airfare and hotel but still needing tickets for the 14th (2 tickets needed). In return for help with the tickets, I can give you info on how to get a great Hotel for the show for $120 (Either The Roosevelt or Doubletree Metropolitan).

Any help greatly appreciated!

Jim
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #229 on: April 22, 2006, 06:38:00 PM »

as long as peopel are willing to do shifts with me ill be there on the 12th and 17th

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
fif
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #230 on: April 22, 2006, 07:35:02 PM »

as long as peopel are willing to do shifts with me ill be there on the 12th and 17th

I'll do a few shifts on the 12th.  I will also make an appearence at the pre-party!!
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #231 on: April 22, 2006, 07:36:22 PM »

I hope to be there on the 12th (still working on a flight).? Can anyone recommend a hotel nearby?? Never been to NYC before, and need to make a reservation soon.? And which airport should I fly into (JFK? LaGuardia?)? Me = tourist.? Thanks!
« Last Edit: April 22, 2006, 07:44:45 PM by bazgnr » Logged
AxlGunner
VIP

Ryu says: I am NOT a llama!

« Reply #232 on: April 22, 2006, 08:09:34 PM »

I hope to be there on the 12th (still working on a flight).? Can anyone recommend a hotel nearby?? Never been to NYC before, and need to make a reservation soon.? And which airport should I fly into (JFK? LaGuardia?)? Me = tourist.? Thanks!

jfk, laguardia, newark... they are all fine and about the same distance from the city!

as for hotels, maybe someone else can help you. i live here but have no idea about hotel rates. just get something in midtown. there are plenty of websites where you can research prices. hope that helps!

now you know me better
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #233 on: April 22, 2006, 08:11:05 PM »

jfk, laguardia, newark... they are all fine and about the same distance from the city!

as for hotels, maybe someone else can help you. i live here but have no idea about hotel rates. just get something in midtown. there are plenty of websites where you can research prices. hope that helps!

That's the problem - there are so many sites and options, I'm kind of at a loss.  It does help, though...thanks.
AxlGunner
VIP

Ryu says: I am NOT a llama!

« Reply #234 on: April 22, 2006, 08:23:49 PM »

That's the problem - there are so many sites and options, I'm kind of at a loss.? It does help, though...thanks.

just start searching for cheap rates (probably between $150-200 in the city, unfortunately, per night). aim for something around 40th-59th street. there's a bunch in between that area that fall within that price category.

worse comes to worse, drop me a pm with a hotel you find and i can try to let you know if it's in a good area...

now you know me better
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #235 on: April 22, 2006, 08:42:00 PM »

That's the problem - there are so many sites and options, I'm kind of at a loss.? It does help, though...thanks.

just start searching for cheap rates (probably between $150-200 in the city, unfortunately, per night). aim for something around 40th-59th street. there's a bunch in between that area that fall within that price category.

worse comes to worse, drop me a pm with a hotel you find and i can try to let you know if it's in a good area...

I'll do that - thanks for the offer, and the help.
Z
« Reply #236 on: April 22, 2006, 09:46:53 PM »

I've been to shows where there are seats on the floor even with general admission.

Does anybody know if there are seats on the main floor at Hammerstein??
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #237 on: April 23, 2006, 02:44:36 AM »

I've been to shows where there are seats on the floor even with general admission.

Does anybody know if there are seats on the main floor at Hammerstein??

No seats on the floor at Hammerstein, Z.  I believe there are on the mezzenine, but I saw Iron Maiden there a couple years back and there were no seats on the floor.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
jtopicz1
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #238 on: April 23, 2006, 02:50:52 AM »

So...who all has been to The Hammerstein. This place looks great! Once in a lifetime chance to see Gn'R in a venue this small! How's the sound??

Jim
tristanj13
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #239 on: April 23, 2006, 02:53:04 AM »

Thanks Throat, this is making me nervous...they actually let me buy 42 tix originally....i thought for a minute i was going to be a hero to many on this board.  But, then they cancelled nearly all of my tickets and I about puked
They left 4 for the 14th and 8 for the 12th
They should arrive next week.  Do you think if I receive them in the mail, they'll all be good for the show.  I want to help out some fellow gunners...however, the dumbass I talked to on the phone scared the shit out of me when he said that if they catch it, meaning my 8 for the 12th, the can cancel 4 of them.  It doesn't seem fair, since I want to go myself and will be flying to NYC.  I would die if I got to the ballroom and found out my tix was invalid.  The guy told me they can void the tix up until show time...what a fuckin mess

Did the ticketmaster guy you talked to say they would arrive next week? I'm thinking I shoulda done the ticket fast option instead of standard mail just so I dont have to worry about when I get them...
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 53 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: