Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 02:44:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228137 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  GN'R On Tour!
| | |-+  North America 2006
| | | |-+  New York City, USA Hammerstein Ballroom - May 12, 2006 + general info
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 53 Go Down Print
Author Topic: New York City, USA Hammerstein Ballroom - May 12, 2006 + general info  (Read 157964 times)
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #880 on: May 13, 2006, 02:26:56 AM »

who did the nightrain solo and how was the paradise city solo played? did they swicth playing like robin and bucket used to?

lots of switching off, i couldn't tell you who did what, i dont remember, a little drunk, a little excited, VERY tired and dehydrated.  First 5-6 songs it was like a war in the front...I am soo sore hahah.

november rain ending gave me goosebumps and TWAT guitars were sick.  night train was the best guitar work though, they just went fucking insane.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
mega_music
VIP

Chinese Democracy Is Coming Some Day!!!

« Reply #881 on: May 13, 2006, 02:28:30 AM »

How was Dizzy's piano solo, and was there any difference with Maddy or the Blues from 02

Chinese Democracy is Coming Someday
-Trevor-
BKinNYC
Rocker

Worrying's a waste of my time.

« Reply #882 on: May 13, 2006, 02:30:00 AM »

I think Robin did Nightrain - it was awesome.

I gotta' tell you - Chinese D was awesome.  Best version they ever played.  My non-die hard Gn'R fan I was with loved IRS too.

They just wish the levels were a little better on some of it.  There were times where I wanted to hear Axl more.
axlirs
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #883 on: May 13, 2006, 02:31:11 AM »

who did the nightrain solo and how was the paradise city solo played? did they swicth playing like robin and bucket used to?

lots of switching off, i couldn't tell you who did what, i dont remember, a little drunk, a little excited, VERY tired and dehydrated.? First 5-6 songs it was like a war in the front...I am soo sore hahah.

november rain ending gave me goosebumps and TWAT guitars were sick.? night train was the best guitar work though, they just went fucking insane.

glad to hear it man, thanx. type up a full review when you feel better alright Cool
man i can't wait to see gnr take over the world again! finally they are ready! drool
BKinNYC
Rocker

« Reply #884 on: May 13, 2006, 02:32:10 AM »

Dizzy's solo was decent - nothing special. ?Although I think a lot of people thought that he was Axl, because you couldn't see his face. ?But I knew they were going to play The Blues when he was on piano. ?Axl ripped the shit out of that song!! ?Finished singing sitting on top of the piano.
supaplex
VIP

just another lazy prick

« Reply #885 on: May 13, 2006, 02:33:17 AM »

were there any official cameras? a pro shot?
and did you see anyone taping the show?
thanks for the answers beer

axlirs
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #886 on: May 13, 2006, 02:34:06 AM »

we're dying to get some stuff about the new guitar player here, please share everything you got ok? which solos did he do in the songs and how were they? we've been waiting too long to be able ask these questions peace
BKinNYC
Rocker

« Reply #887 on: May 13, 2006, 02:34:51 AM »

It was DEFINITELY being pro shot for something, because they were filming people cheering before the show, (right in front of the stage), and throughout the show. ?Two camera men in the front row. ?Definitely official.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #888 on: May 13, 2006, 02:35:20 AM »

I think Robin did Nightrain - it was awesome.

I gotta' tell you - Chinese D was awesome.  Best version they ever played.  My non-die hard Gn'R fan I was with loved IRS too.

They just wish the levels were a little better on some of it.  There were times where I wanted to hear Axl more.

BK what you think of the guitar work in TWAT...it blew me away.  Axl screaming the ending part was just awe inspiring.  CD was indeed very cool.

ok, now i'm officially done posting for the night. 

GOOD

FUCKING

NIGHT

I'll try to write up a full review later.

one thing that did stick out in my mind that made me smile like a fat man at an all you can eat buffet, was listening to Night Train and PC and remembering laying on my bed with my head phones on, listening to my FIRST compact disc ever, AFD, and thinking wow, here I am almost 20 years later listening to these songs that have made me so happy, and now I am here live and in person with THE MAN 10 ft in front of me singing his balls off.  was just a very cool feeling.  I felt like a little kid again, but it was a really personal happiness, can't explain it right now, but it was so rockin'.

mega_music
VIP

Chinese Democracy Is Coming Some Day!!!

« Reply #889 on: May 13, 2006, 02:36:11 AM »

It was DEFINITELY being pro shot for something, because they were filming people cheering before the show, (right in front of the stage), and throughout the show.  Two camera men in the front row.  Definitely official.

So I wonder if the rumor has any truth about the NYC shows being filmed for the first single???

Chinese Democracy is Coming Someday
-Trevor-
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #890 on: May 13, 2006, 02:36:28 AM »

It was DEFINITELY being pro shot for something, because they were filming people cheering before the show, (right in front of the stage), and throughout the show.  Two camera men in the front row.  Definitely official.

the cameras I think were for the big screens above the stage, not sure if they were taping for any other reason, I could be wrong though.

BKinNYC
Rocker

« Reply #891 on: May 13, 2006, 02:37:33 AM »

we're dying to get some stuff about the new guitar player here, please share everything you got ok? which solos did he do in the songs and how were they? we've been waiting too long to be able ask these questions peace

Sorry axlirs, but I gotta' tell you - he was nothing special. ?He had a solo, which was probably the lowlight of the night. ?Unlike this other guy who used to be in Gn'R (begins with an S, ends with an H) the crowd was completely seated and bored. ?Like I said in an earlier post - I apologize because I'm no guitar expert, but it seemed that anyone could have played those parts. ?Tommy and Robin were the highlights in the band tonight! ?
BKinNYC
Rocker

« Reply #892 on: May 13, 2006, 02:40:27 AM »

Hanna - I'm with ya' on the TWAT stuff - oh man!  I couldn't believe that they pulled that off live so well the first time they played it.   Also, I had the same feeling as you - I was almost getting a little choked up before they came on, thinking "I can't believe this.  After 2002 I thought I'd never see Axl again."

I think it WAS pro shot though, because did you see that they were filming people's reactions before the show.  Nothing came on the big screen until the band hit the stage.  Makes me think that they'll use that somewhere for a video or DVD or something.
icpillusions
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #893 on: May 13, 2006, 04:38:58 AM »

The show was amazing.  My friend bailed on me last minute so a ticket got wasted.  Sad  But I went myself.  Madagascar was played a little different and IRS seemed slightly different.  Axl is 10x better than when he toured in 02.  No real rants.  The closest was him saying "where was he (Brain) when we hired Matt.  Some lucky bastard got a drum stick right in front of me when it got tossed into the crowd.  It was amazing for a warm up.  I was expecting mistakes but it was probably better than any 02 date. heh
JennaSide
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #894 on: May 13, 2006, 05:17:59 AM »

Yeah... I had tickets for 3 of the shows and after tonight, I ran back to ticketmaster and got one for the show I was missing. It would've killed me to know that I missed one. (So now I have a mezz1 ticket for the 15th - if anyone wants to trade for a floor ticket, I'm up for it;) )

This is just such a chance-in-a-life-time to see 'em in a venue like that.. I mean, that was unbelievable.

I'm the luckiest girl alive.
xxrosesxx
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #895 on: May 13, 2006, 05:26:32 AM »

any pics guys?

nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #896 on: May 13, 2006, 05:38:20 AM »

How was Richard Fortus? good? energetic?

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
JennaSide
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #897 on: May 13, 2006, 06:02:51 AM »

Richard was good... Robin kind of stole the show, though in terms of energy. hell, he stage dived twice! Hard to beat that. Although Richard did a bit on his back, I believe... I couldn't really see...

I'm the luckiest girl alive.
madagas
« Reply #898 on: May 13, 2006, 07:08:25 AM »

Sounds incredible. beer Thanks guys (and gals) and see you Monday......I was thinking yesterday that TWAT could easily be pulled off and would sound BETTER live.? Grin
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #899 on: May 13, 2006, 07:17:24 AM »

it sounds amazing - thanks loads for the info and photos so far - AXL looks GREAT in the pics. cant wait to hear more of your reviews... DId they play Think About You??  Did Seb and Axl share versus and go for it in the chorus or what?? that sounds pretty special.. drool
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 53 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: