Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 01:19:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  May 15th show thread POST YOUR REVIEWS IN THE GNR ON TOUR SECTION PLEASE!
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 29 Go Down Print
Author Topic: May 15th show thread POST YOUR REVIEWS IN THE GNR ON TOUR SECTION PLEASE!  (Read 82774 times)
jmrgnr
Banned
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #460 on: May 16, 2006, 01:43:30 AM »

they are obviously putting a dvd together to show case the new band and tie people over while we wait for the CD. So yeah the shows will be pretty identical to keep the flow of the dvd the same. They need all 4 shows to get the best shots of each song.
TheGun
Headliner

A splinter in your mind.

« Reply #461 on: May 16, 2006, 01:43:41 AM »

I guess better and IRS aren't new enough for you.

Considering IRS has been around 2 years and that Better was leaked a good 2 months before the shows... No.

Hell, I'd be happy if they played all the new songs we have as of now. Rhaid, The Blues, Maddy, Better, TWAT, CD, IRS, OMG, (maybe even Silkworms.) Mix that in with WTTJ, NR, PC, and two more old songs and you have a damn good setlist.

All the setlist shows me now is that Axl is going to re-run 02.

And to the people saying Axl isn't playing new songs because they would leak.. he should throw us a damn bone. Its been what, 10 years? Lol. Im not worried.. because these are warmup shows.. but cant he even mix up the order? Does it always have to start and end with the same shiet?

*end rant*

I can agree on the order and perhaps mixing in more older ones and moving those around.. but still, again, with all due respect, you are not even there. so where is he throwing the bone? The net? I do not see that happening.
gnrkid03
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #462 on: May 16, 2006, 01:44:04 AM »

At least play TWAT.... and Richard Fortus is the man.  All i hear about is Robin which is cool and all, but you never hear any love for Fortus.  Give it up for the man, please.
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #463 on: May 16, 2006, 01:45:03 AM »

A point about the new songs, there are only 6 new songs that we have heard that will make the album, and this band wrote them I dont see why cant play them every show. They dont need to play songs like my michelle, or RQ or AFD songs like that. Even drop LALD but they should be playing teh songs they wrote together
ALTHOUGH THIS BAND HAS BEEN AROUND FOR A WHILE NOW,THEY STILL HAVE A LOT OF OLD SKOOL GNR FANS TO TRY AND WIN OVER.IF TOO MUCH IS GIVEN OUT TOO SOON THEN A LOT OF OLD SKOOL FANS WILL GET LOST IN IT ALL,IF YE KNOW WHAT I MEAN.I DO THINK WE'LL GET SOME NEW SONGS DURING THE TOUR,WE DONT WANT THE SUPRISES ALL IN THE WARMUP SHOWS DO WE!

SOZ ABOUT THE CAPS

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
TheGun
Headliner

A splinter in your mind.

« Reply #464 on: May 16, 2006, 01:45:53 AM »

A point about the new songs, there are only 6 new songs that we have heard that will make the album, and this band wrote them I dont see why cant play them every show. They dont need to play songs like my michelle, or RQ or AFD songs like that. Even drop LALD but they should be playing teh songs they wrote together

not to argue but we do not know what will be on the album. these might be throw aways or not the album versions. no one can say they knows. it may end up they are playing nothing as it is or will be on the album.
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #465 on: May 16, 2006, 01:47:45 AM »

Good points...it wouldn't be nearly as cool if we knew like all the songs before the album even came out.  I want there to be some element of surprise.  How many bands actually play 6 songs off a new album that hasn't been released yet?  None do...we're lucky we've gotten as many new songs as we have live.  I wouldn't want too many more.

VR did play most of the Contraband album before its release (a pretty ballsy move considering nobody had even heard demos or prior live versions), but only a month or so before.  To play most of an album at least 5 months early just isnt realistic, especially when its Chinese Democracy, one of the most mysterious rock albums ever. 

A more valid suggestion is perhaps a new cover or two (has this current band played any new covers?), "Oh My God," and other less-played GNR songs.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2006, 01:49:57 AM by Booker Floyd » Logged
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #466 on: May 16, 2006, 01:47:57 AM »

Good points...it wouldn't be nearly as cool if we knew like all the songs before the album even came out.  I want there to be some element of surprise.  How many bands actually play 6 songs off a new album that hasn't been released yet?  None do...we're lucky we've gotten as many new songs as we have live.  I wouldn't want too many more.

What about the suprises of the concerts?

People are paying like $60+ to see these concerts. Ive actually been looking forward to the live shows more than the album because at least the shows have a date.

And how do we know these songs are Chinese Democracy ones? They are still shuffling the track listing. What if we have only heard like 3 songs from CD? Would we want more?
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #467 on: May 16, 2006, 01:48:06 AM »

There's no release date.

Okay...an expected fall release.

If all goes to plan without a snag...
I feel how well the planned shows go for Axl will be the best indicator of whether to be optimistic or not.

? The points the same: the album wont be out for at least 5 months.? Theyre already playing 6 or so "new" songs (songs expected to be on the album), nobody should expect them to play any more.? Maybe theyll play another one or two right before its release, but they are wise to save them until then.

I expect this. But still.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2006, 01:50:15 AM by the dirt » Logged

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #468 on: May 16, 2006, 01:48:41 AM »

Shocked

I agree. Playt all the 6 CD songs and forget LALD, Out ta Get Me and this boring KOHD.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
nothingman
Headliner

Kickin' back in the shadows

« Reply #469 on: May 16, 2006, 01:50:25 AM »

The older stuff gets the most reaction, the newer stuff people don't quite react as much.
Everyone goes nuts for LALD, KOHD, OTGM!!

...downloading motherfuckers...
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #470 on: May 16, 2006, 01:50:59 AM »

Any word on that radio show?

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #471 on: May 16, 2006, 01:57:13 AM »

Well, kinda dissapointment. I'd love to hear more different songs, but now they play just the same songs in different order. But ofcourse these are just rehearsals, so I think we'll hear some "new" songs during the real tour ok

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
You Gonna Eat That?
Rocker

Mada-Gaz-car

« Reply #472 on: May 16, 2006, 01:58:49 AM »

WTTJ
ISO
Brownstone
LALD
Bumble solo
KOHD
Better
Robin solo
SCOM
Dizzy Piano
Blues
OTGM
Richard + Robin solo
RQ
Michelle
Maddy
YCBM
NR
IRS
Richard solo
Nighttrain
--------
Patience
CD
Band Intros
Robin solo
PC

approx 11:05 - 1:25
Is that from tonight? I thought they didnt play The Blues and OTGM?

Dave Mustaine discusses the origins of the name of his band, Megadeath: "The band's name means the act of dying, but, like, really mega."
RR Mafia
Headliner

« Reply #473 on: May 16, 2006, 02:01:14 AM »

When the fuck is everyone gonna learn that this is rock n roll. A true rock band does what ever
the fuck they want, play whatever the fuck they want.  You cant please all of the people all of the time.  With G n R fans you cant please any of them any time so fuck it.  Just be happy there back and Axl is kickin ass. peace
nothingman
Headliner

« Reply #474 on: May 16, 2006, 02:01:47 AM »

WTTJ
ISO
Brownstone
LALD
Bumble solo
KOHD
Better
Robin solo
SCOM
Dizzy Piano
Blues
OTGM
Richard + Robin solo
RQ
Michelle
Maddy
YCBM
NR
IRS
Richard solo
Nighttrain
--------
Patience
CD
Band Intros
Robin solo
PC

approx 11:05 - 1:25
Is that from tonight? I thought they didnt play The Blues and OTGM?

yep that is the monday show. what I wrote is what they played and in that order!! Smiley

dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #475 on: May 16, 2006, 02:04:29 AM »

ALTHOUGH THIS BAND HAS BEEN AROUND FOR A WHILE NOW,THEY STILL HAVE A LOT OF OLD SKOOL GNR FANS TO TRY AND WIN OVER.IF TOO MUCH IS GIVEN OUT TOO SOON THEN A LOT OF OLD SKOOL FANS WILL GET LOST IN IT ALL,IF YE KNOW WHAT I MEAN.I DO THINK WE'LL GET SOME NEW SONGS DURING THE TOUR,WE DONT WANT THE SUPRISES ALL IN THE WARMUP SHOWS DO WE!

SOZ ABOUT THE CAPS

I hardly think old fans care if they hear out ta get me, my michelle or RQ esp if they replaced them with three NEW songs.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
nothingman
Headliner

« Reply #476 on: May 16, 2006, 02:08:00 AM »

Axl said he wrote 90% of Out ta get me words and the only part he never wrote was the one line IZZY wrote which was the "OUT TA GET ME" Line.

Axl said Izzy called him and wished him luck!!

BKinNYC
Rocker

Worrying's a waste of my time.

« Reply #477 on: May 16, 2006, 02:08:25 AM »

nothingman is right on with the setlist.  I was at the show.  Just got back.
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #478 on: May 16, 2006, 02:11:12 AM »

nothingman is right on with the setlist.? I was at the show.? Just got back.

any pics?
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #479 on: May 16, 2006, 02:13:31 AM »

SOZ ABOUT THE CAPS

I hardly think old fans care if they hear out ta get me, my michelle or RQ esp if they replaced them with three NEW songs.

Maybe, but I would like to hear songs like OTGM, RQ, My Michelle, Nice Boys, You're Crazy etc, but left out KOHD and LALD.. But hell, I don't really care what songs they play if there's some old stuff and some new stuff mixed well ok Ofcourse I would like to hear almost every song from this band hihi

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 29 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: