Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 03:03:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl moving to New York permanently. welcome to NY my man
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl moving to New York permanently. welcome to NY my man  (Read 9601 times)
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2006, 09:19:58 AM »

i love NYC
but
if new yorker think they're european they need to think again
white sneakers and pink sweat pants for girls is NOT european. Smiley

German girls wear that, london ones too, and if you look at the adidas french stores booklet, seems like the french ones do too.

Where have you been hiding whatever ?

Nothing to say
the_icon
Headliner

Rock on baby...

« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2006, 09:32:24 AM »

i love NYC
but
if new yorker think they're european they need to think again
white sneakers and pink sweat pants for girls is NOT european. Smiley

German girls wear that, london ones too, and if you look at the adidas french stores booklet, seems like the french ones do too.

Where have you been hiding whatever ?

Nobody said New Yorkers think they are European.

I really don't think anyone in nYc wants to be or act like some flimsy European.  I live in this city, the greatest city in the world and I like it just the way it is.

Axl moving here would ROCK. He said himself that nYc was the best, his new Paradise City.
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2006, 10:30:03 AM »

ahah
cool man Wink
NYC rocks yes. and i can see this older axl there.
but still ... NYC is NOT the best city in the world. it's like a BIG mall Smiley

to jessica > hum. sneakers and sweatpants ? adidas ? the french girls I see around me DO NOT wear sporty.

icon > i dunno. but NYC is not like the rest of the united states that's for sure. they're nicer than europeans tho Smiley

i didnt recognize Fred Dusrt at the concert, was he next to lenny kravitz ?

Scottyl333
Headliner

« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2006, 10:34:47 AM »

I prefer Chicago over L.A. and New York. Reason, you can do anything in Chicago that you can do in L.A. and New York. Also, people are for real in Chicago.  There are not as many fakes like in those two cities.  In New York everyone thinks that they have connections and are somebodies and in L.A. everyone is a actor.  In Chicago there is less of that.  People are just more down to earth and it has the best skyline in the world with the skyscrapers on the lake.  You got everytype of girl you want here so there is a great mix.  Miami is hard to beat but I was a little turned off by how unamerican that city is.  Dont get me wrong, I love Latin girls they are my favorite but when you go to the gas station and the person cant even sell you ciggs because he doesnt speak one word of english, something is wrong.  Not to mention all the signs in Spanish and not English.     
Scottyl333
Headliner

« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2006, 10:38:21 AM »

Also, about New York, everyone says its the greatest city in the world.  You see it a lot even on this forum.  Have they been to London, Rome, Paris or even Toyko.  Have these people been to anyother cities besides New York.  I doubt it so you really cant say its the greatest city on the earth.  Usually the only places people from New York have been is the New York/New Jersey area and Miami.  They all go to MIami the last week of March I think.  I guess they dont feel comfortable going to MIami when other people from the U.S. are there. The New York attitude just really gets to me.
comaknight
Rocker

When all is said and done, we're not the only ones

« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2006, 10:38:38 AM »

The good thing for celebrities in NY is that most folks from NY don't bother them.  They walk fairly freely around, hitting restaurants, concerts and the like and are rarely mobbed.  I think it's a respect thing.

The tourists, however, fawn over the famous folks.
JennaSide
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2006, 10:45:10 AM »

Hey, I'm not a tourist, but if I run into him, I'm fawning all over the place

I'm the luckiest girl alive.
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2006, 11:09:10 AM »

I don't know how this thread turned into a bash New York and New Yorkers' attitudes.  I've lived here my entire life and people here can be vicious, kind, and everything in between.  Kind of like anywhere else in the world.  So everyone knock it off with the stereotypes.  That pisses people off and it makes you sound ignorant.

Back on topic:  Axl, welcome to NYC.  If CD is not out by December 20, kindly leave.
AxlFink
VIP

thelesserkings.com

« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2006, 11:17:10 AM »

after living in LA for 4 years im so happy to be in NYC with that ny attitude!  I grew up with it and love it.  Fuck LA.  Axl knows where it's at.  NYC! 
BKinNYC
Rocker

Worrying's a waste of my time.

« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2006, 11:31:21 AM »

The good thing for celebrities in NY is that most folks from NY don't bother them.? They walk fairly freely around, hitting restaurants, concerts and the like and are rarely mobbed.? I think it's a respect thing.

The tourists, however, fawn over the famous folks.

Very true.  I live here, and have run into tons of celebrities over the years.  People pretty much just say "That's cool that I saw (fill in the blank)," and move on without bothering them.  It's the city you live in if you want to remain anonymous!
Scottyl333
Headliner

« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2006, 11:48:16 AM »

If anything, New York worships their celebs.  In Chicago we can care less.  You will see players from the White Sox or Cubs in regular bars and nobody will do anything.  Maybe buy them a drink.  Ran into Eddie Veddar a couple of years ago on Michigan Ave. and didnt even say anything to him.  Just walked right past him.  Saw Vince Vaughn and Jen Annistan not to long ago and people werent running up to them.  Chicago is still very much blue collar and thats what I like about it.
RitzWalker8
Rocker

I love my Pancreas!!!

« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2006, 11:52:27 AM »

Is all this really necessary?

Ritz Reeves III
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2006, 12:55:20 PM »

Are you people done with the "my city is better than yours" thing?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Chief
Legend

« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2006, 01:04:35 PM »

I doubt he is moving there permanently but im sure he could use another crash pad...

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2006, 01:09:08 PM »

Damn, how much money does Axl have? Apartments in NYC are fucking expensive.

I'm sure Axl will be able to swing it just fine? hihi? Anyhow if not he can always do an ad for a roomie and split the costs of living or maybe pick up an extra job working at Hooters as a cook.

He can sing at a Karoke bar to pick up some xtra $$ singing covers of GNR tunes. rofl
bubbleboyjones
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2006, 02:56:04 PM »

I prefer Chicago over L.A. and New York. Reason, you can do anything in Chicago that you can do in L.A. and New York. Also, people are for real in Chicago.  There are not as many fakes like in those two cities.  In New York everyone thinks that they have connections and are somebodies and in L.A. everyone is a actor.  In Chicago there is less of that.  People are just more down to earth and it has the best skyline in the world with the skyscrapers on the lake.  You got everytype of girl you want here so there is a great mix.  Miami is hard to beat but I was a little turned off by how unamerican that city is.  Dont get me wrong, I love Latin girls they are my favorite but when you go to the gas station and the person cant even sell you ciggs because he doesnt speak one word of english, something is wrong.  Not to mention all the signs in Spanish and not English.     

Yeah but lets face it..... the weather sucks in Chicago. It is a cool city but come those winter months there is nothing nice about that biting wind chill.

I always thought of San Diego to be my favorite big city. It is so damn gorgeous out there with the beach. This is coming from an east coast person.

Scottyl333
Headliner

« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2006, 04:34:09 PM »

Your right, a lot of people cant handle the Chicago weather but I have always loved the Midwest seasons changing.  San Diego is a great city.  My favorite city in California but I hate being hot all year round.  Luckily its on the ocean but cities like Phoenix are just to much.  I get sick of constant weather so maybe Chicago is the perfect city for me because the weather changes so often.
SWINGTRADER
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2006, 05:15:26 PM »

Chicago will always be the 2nd city .     NYC  IS WHERE IT IS AT !
marknroses
VIP

"Ain't It Fun"

« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2006, 09:14:23 PM »

AS a proud resident of NYC, watching the transformation of AXL ROSE over the last 5 months, I can't help but make the following suggestions. NYC SAVED AXL & REMADE AXL ok
NYC is the greatest city in the world - so diverse with over 180 nationalities, so persistent that 9/11 seems here more like a hiccup than the apocalypse. Its no wonder that for the past 12 years, California dreamin was very unhealthy for Axl. He retreated to his mansion and thought he could sort his life up there. Maybe he did to some extent but it didn;t bring him back to his old rock stardom. Sure he came back in 2001 and 2002, but he looked odd, out of shape at times, and with no sense of style and little hunger in his bite. No spontaniety. You wondered how bad of a toll this hermit lifestyle had on Axl.

Watching Axl now, you will see what NYC has done to him. Axl is a FAST learner of pop culture - he once adapted very quickly to the LA from a quiet hippy/punk from Indiana in 1985 into a bad ass Rock Star in leather - and he's done it again! NYC living made him friendly, intimate and hungry. His style is picked right out 5th avenue hippest stores and his news and appearances make Madison Avenue. Now (and why this wasn't reported here I don;t know but it was in yesterday's NY Post) AXL is looking to move to Lower Manhattan (my guess would be Tribeca or Meatpacking District). It was once stated how celebrity couples have a harder time getting along in the gated communities of California than in the intimate neighborhoods of NYC. It seems that Axl has finally found home - IN PARADISE CITY (he said so himself).

Its sad how for 44 years, Axl never reallly had a place to call home. Indiana threw him in jail many times and California LA, even Axl said in a 1991 that it never really felt like home to him. He bought land in Wisonsin with his stepfather in 1990 and thought about moving to the country, but then he changed his mind. But he's always had an affection for NYC, even writing WTTJ on his experiences here as well as filming "The Garden" & "Paradise City" in NYC (or the meadowlands).

I hope for his sake that he moves here. He'll have contact with people regularly again and lose all the stigmas that plagued him and his personal life over the last 12 years. No more "Estranged" on the Malibu Mansion, its time for "Paradise City"

MNR

« Last Edit: May 18, 2006, 09:16:57 PM by marknroses » Logged

"I guess I like who I am now. I'd like to have a little more internal peace...I'm sure everybody would" (Axl Rose R.S. 4/1992)
DEAD HORSE
VIP

08.08.08 ?

« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2006, 09:26:37 PM »

New York KILLED John Lennon  Angry

If the world would end today... Wink
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: