Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 01:05:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Since some have heard them live....
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Since some have heard them live....  (Read 3217 times)
Chief
Legend

« on: May 18, 2006, 10:43:12 PM »

At this point ... which songs do you think will appear on the album?

my picks:

Chinese Democracy
The Blues
Madagascar
Better
There Was a Time

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
Bostonrose
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2006, 10:49:05 PM »

At this point ... which songs do you think will appear on the album?

my picks:

Chinese Democracy
The Blues
Madagascar
Better
There Was a Time

Gee,  way to go out on a limb and pick everything   rofl

"I never wanted you to be so full of anger, I never wanted you to be somebody else"
RebelRose89
Rocker

It's Showtime!

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2006, 10:50:45 PM »

I like how in all of the new songs played live, each one of them changed from the way we've heard it through either demos or other live performances.

Chi D - has a killer new intro that i totally dig

TWAT - has a new intro which features a chorus, which is very chilling

Blues - new intro as well, not sure if i like it or not though, since i was so keen on the 2002 soundboards.

I.R.S. - has an additional solo in it. so now there's three solos in the song. 2 by Bumblefoot, and 1 by finck. i like it

Maddy - Has a heavier beat to it, and the middle solo over the quotes is heavier as well. i can't wait to hear the studio

Better - what hasn't been said, this song tears it up live. this one is the odd one out and really hasn't changed from the demo... but i think thats a good thing!!? drool can't wait for more touring and finally when the cd hits stores

Go Sabres - Go Bills - Go White Sox
Chief
Legend

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2006, 10:52:33 PM »

hahaha good one bostonrose! i dont think IRS will be on it, or Rhiad or Silkworms or even Catcher.. i think that may be on the next one.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2006, 01:45:51 AM by Chief » Logged

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2006, 10:54:34 PM »

Axl basically confirmed that Better, TWAT and the Blues would be on the album (said they were his favourite songs from the album in Jan 06?).

Silkworms and Rhiad wont be. I believe its been said they were just test songs for the 02 tour. Catcher seems to be in a state of limbo from what Axl said in the Eddie Trunk interview 05.05.06.

I think its a safe bet that Madagascar and IRS will be on it.
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2006, 10:58:46 PM »

I'd like to hear every single song I've heard from the new band in its studio version.. even silkworms.

However, I think these tracks should all appear on the album...

The Blues
Better
Madagascar
There Was a Time
Catcher In the Rye

Irs, Rhiad and the Bedoins, and the whatever the new 15 second clip of a new song we heard is are possibles at this point....

I really think a studio Rhiad would be great.
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2006, 12:14:35 AM »

ChinDem has a new intro Huh

I love the old one. How is it different?

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
Filipe_Guns
Headliner

You have no idea.....

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2006, 12:20:46 AM »

Catcher in The Rye is such a great song, in my opinion, the best of the demos, but looks like it wouldn't be on the album.
Axl don't even mentioned this song like nobody knows it or they don't care with it, i don't know...

"thanks to the lameass security, I'm going home"
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2006, 12:23:02 AM »

The new intro to CD has made me a fan of the song. I love TWAT(Both kinds) and Better is a good tune minus attack of the computers. Maddy need to ditch the quotes in the middle of the song.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2006, 12:32:52 AM »

I'm going to have to hear this new intro.

I agree with Maddy. The quotes take away from the great guitar work. I hope they get dropped.

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
crazyfool
Headliner

You dig what i'm saying?

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2006, 12:37:44 AM »

Axl basically confirmed that Better, TWAT and the Blues would be on the album (said they were his favourite songs from the album in Jan 06?).

Silkworms and Rhiad wont be. I believe its been said they were just test songs for the 02 tour. Catcher seems to be in a state of limbo from what Axl said in the Eddie Trunk interview 05.05.06.

What did he say on the Trunk interview about it?  Does anyone have a link to that by the way?

12/6/02
5/12/06
5/14/06
11/10/06
4/9/16
6/26/16
monkeychow
VIP

How's that for provocation?

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2006, 12:56:21 AM »

Myself I'd kill for real studio versons  of IRS, Catcher in the Rye, Madagascar, The Blues and TWAT and Better.

I'm not too fussed about the title track CD or any of the other 02 songs.

At the moment i'm so addicted to IRS that if it came out without that i'd be really disapointed! Although i'm sure the album will be cool anyway.

Re: Cather in the Rye - i've forgotten what was said about it on trunk. My vague memory was that Axl seemed to say a lot of people had worked on the songs and that he didnt know if anything done by brian may was still around. is that right? If so that could either mean CITR has been shelved...or that its been rerecorded and reworked completely from the version we know...
Crashdiet
Banned
VIP

'Absolutely'

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2006, 01:00:38 AM »

The only changes in better are that some of the "Now I know you better, you know I'd know better, now I know you better!" parts were not repeated twice.

Check out www.myspace.com/ashjonesmusic
Its me and my songs

Saskatoon, Sask Place March 16 1993

New York, Hammerstein Ballroom
May 12, 14, 15, 17
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2006, 01:01:22 AM »

What did he say on the Trunk interview about it?  Does anyone have a link to that by the way?

On the trunk interview (dont have a link sorry) Eddie Trunk asked Axl about Brain May and he said

"Uh, I dont know if he'll actually be on the album. That still hasnt been completely decided yet."

Axl confirmed it was Brian May on the demo but it was obvious he didnt want to talk about it.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2006, 01:04:10 AM by Tomorrows » Logged
crazyfool
Headliner

You dig what i'm saying?

« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2006, 01:28:11 AM »

What did he say on the Trunk interview about it?? Does anyone have a link to that by the way?

On the trunk interview (dont have a link sorry) Eddie Trunk asked Axl about Brain May and he said

"Uh, I dont know if he'll actually be on the album. That still hasnt been completely decided yet."

Axl confirmed it was Brian May on the demo but it was obvious he didnt want to talk about it.

interesting....thanks ok

12/6/02
5/12/06
5/14/06
11/10/06
4/9/16
6/26/16
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2006, 01:33:10 AM »

To be dead honest, I think I was so excited at both shows to notice the "live" structural flaws in the new songs.  Listening now, everything barring Chinese Democracy and The Blues needs massive work, before they are ready to be played live.  Of the new songs, by far and away Chinese Democracy is the strongest live.  I would imagine, like in 2002, the new songs will get stronger towards the end of the tour once they are hammered out on stage.  Heck, they may have go back and re-record some stuff in August.  My new album prediction, May 2007!  I think Axl will have Ron Thal re-record parts, and wants to hash out a few tunes with Izzy (??maybe??)
daubs
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2006, 01:44:51 AM »

i dont like the new blues intro..i liked the heavier intro in 02 better. about to download maddy, i think i will like the heavier version. personally i like the qoutes too.
SOH
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2006, 01:46:10 AM »

It didn't seem too new to me...maybe longer, but to me it sounded basically the same at the show on Sunday. I was even listening for "newness" since I had heard it was new on Friday, but...eh, sounded pretty similar.
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2006, 01:49:44 AM »

It didn't seem too new to me...maybe longer, but to me it sounded basically the same at the show on Sunday. I was even listening for "newness" since I had heard it was new on Friday, but...eh, sounded pretty similar.

It's different. They start out like they start WTJ almost. And there is a different part Robin plays.. They have it on boots.. check that section.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2006, 01:52:54 AM »

What did he say on the Trunk interview about it?? Does anyone have a link to that by the way?

I think that was is undecided is that Brian May played some guitar stuff for Axl after Robin left, but now Robin is back, so Brian's parts aren't needed anymore?

I remember something along the lines of Axl being unhappy about erasing the work that had been done (by Robin) because he'd left, but it was easier to get Brian to redo some parts instead.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: