Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2024, 11:28:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228477 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  I feel bad for Dizzy Reed ...
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: I feel bad for Dizzy Reed ...  (Read 5600 times)
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« on: May 18, 2006, 08:30:21 PM »

... Hes stuck with Axl for like 15 years through some hard stuff and hes a good keyboard player (no Rick Wakeman, but still). I think he should get a bit more credit.
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2006, 03:30:39 AM »

True, but on the flip side he did write Silk Worms.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2006, 03:38:07 AM »

True, but on the flip side he did write Silk Worms.

Aouch hihi

Call me crazy but I like this song.

As for Dizzy, I've always thought that the crowd cheering for him at RIR3 when Axl introduced the band before LALD was a great moment.

But yeah, he shoul get some recognition ok

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2006, 04:12:41 AM »

I guess maybe he likes the shadows?

Call me crazy but Ive always been really curious about Dizzy Reed and what kind of a person he is.
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2006, 04:38:18 AM »

I think Dizzy should play a little intro to The Blues in every concert. Like he played The Beatles's Something in Hammerstein.. I think it's cool beer Hope he gets some more credit when CD comes out.

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
journey
Moondancer
Legend

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2006, 04:43:18 AM »

I've always admired Dizzy's loyalty. He's so dedicated. And it goes without saying, that he's extraordinarily talented as a musician.

You're awesome Mr. Reed! We appreciate you very much. beer
BORN TO DIE
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2006, 05:58:30 AM »

Dizzy is awsome,and he should get more and more credits,for all his work,and time in gnr
He did not LEAVE gnr as OTHERS did....
He should het piano solo every show,just to show what he can do .. ok

WHY DONT YOU JUST.....FUCK OFF

HOPE U NEVER FIND HOB 01.01.2001 (LMAO )

Tomorrow will take us away
Far from home
No one will ever know our names
But the bards' songs will remain
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2006, 10:13:13 AM »

Do you guys consider GnR an original member of sorts?

Whenever I tell people about the new GnR (which people really should know already anyway Tongue) I make a point of mentioning that not ALL the original musicians left - we got a keyboarder of 15 years!
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2006, 10:42:42 AM »

i don't feel bad for dizzy at all...why would you expect so much credit for staying with a world famous band.. He is in a band that was known for great guitar & vocals not piano and keyboard..
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2006, 10:57:03 AM »

Dizzy is awsome,and he should get more and more credits,for all his work,and time in gnr

yeah but he wasnt there until the 90s.

html sucks
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2006, 11:02:50 AM »

that's no accomplishment, he just feels he owes eevrything to axl, he's a keyboard piano player he fit perfectly direction wise for where it was headed.. Guys been in the band 15 years and still doesn't speak up on anything for the fans, still has to wait for axl's approval.. BAAAA
slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

A Rock N' Roll bash where everybody's smashed

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2006, 12:09:37 PM »

ive never liked him!!not as a person, but i feel GnR didnt need him at the time they got him!!half the songs on the illusions albums could have been played without him!!for songs like November rain, estranged, axl could play those parts!!iv never felt the need for him!!but he plays well, but i realy dont think he's needed

Hammersmith - london 7th june G N' F' R
NEC - Birmingham 25th july G N' F' R
journey
Moondancer
Legend

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2006, 01:47:13 PM »

i don't feel bad for dizzy at all...why would you expect so much credit for staying with a world famous band.. He is in a band that was known for great guitar & vocals not piano and keyboard..

Depends on who you ask. November Rain is a piano song. A lot of people consider that to be a GNR signature song. Besides he didn't have to stay with Axl.
GNR estranged
Rocker

« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2006, 04:54:16 PM »

2 years ago i saw dizzy play some club in nj and it was me, my friend and 3 other people.... that was it. i felt bad for him that night. to top it off, the cops came in a shut down the show because they were making too much noise and it was too late.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2006, 04:56:44 PM »

Depends on who you ask. November Rain is a piano song. A lot of people consider that to be a GNR signature song. Besides he didn't have to stay with Axl.

it's a paino song but not what most think of when tehy hear it, great vocals and great guitar solos
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2006, 05:21:47 PM »

wasn't there a really cool song on myspace that Dizzy made? I guess there was...

Dizzy is very talented, so is Chris and so is Brain... and NuGNR ( hihi ) is not guitarcentric band anymore... so I am sure he will get the credit he deserves once CD is out... also others will...
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2006, 05:54:01 PM »

then and again, dizzy reed is less flamboyant than some and maybe it's best.

Maybe he doesn't want to be exposed to some of the shit that's been said concerning almost all GNR members, past or present.

Nothing to say
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2006, 03:29:28 AM »

Yeah, I fell really bad for a guy who plays some keyboard and bongo drums and gets his name mentioned with the greatest band of all time.  I really don't think its loyalty that's kept Dizzy with Axl all these years.  I'd wager money and fame has much more to do with it.  You think Dizzy would've been wildly successful with a solo career, but instead chose to stick it out with Axl?  Give me a break.  Oh...and guess who played keyboards on the first Slash's Snakepit album.  So he went from GN'R, to Slash, and then to Axl.  That's loyalty allright.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
godiva
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2006, 06:44:00 AM »

O come on, he helped Slash with his Snakepit album! Would you consider that disloyalty? Hell no! He just helped a friend.

I like Dizzy. He seems the kind of guy who just enjoys making music. Axl appreciates his loyalty and his friendship. I think Dizzy is cool. A few years back MTV did a little coverage on the 2002 tour. Kurt Loder interviewed Tommy and Dizzy. Have a look at it. You can see that Dizzy is not entirely comfortable in front of the camera, he mimicks Tommy. So he may not be the most flamboyant of the line-up, but that's okay. He seems to have a lot of fun gigging with H&B, who knows just how big a part he was in the creative process of CD, and his intro for the Blues is awsome. Give the guy a break already!
jimb0
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2006, 11:09:00 PM »

I felt bad for gilby playing sweet child o' mine.  Not for Dizzy, he may play for three people some days, but he's got lots of friends and is very talented.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: