Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 06:14:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228122 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  do u think Izzy regrets getting on stage with Axl
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: do u think Izzy regrets getting on stage with Axl  (Read 5787 times)
SWINGTRADER
VIP

Here Today...

« on: May 18, 2006, 07:26:00 PM »

There are reports from people that Izzy wasn't really into the performance  and left hammerstein as soon as he walked off stage .  Is this true ??  And if it is,   do you think he might have   regretted what he was doing as soon as he hit the stage??   for those that went to the show  was Izzy smiling during the performance??
HungerForChaos
Rocker

Not Here Yesterday...

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2006, 07:28:59 PM »

No, if he felt that way, I don't think he'd do it...
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2006, 07:30:13 PM »

I think he had a pretty emotional time on stage. From the kind of guy Izzy is, it wouldnt suprise me if he just wanted some quiet time to reflect on it all.
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2006, 07:30:40 PM »

There are reports from people that Izzy wasn't really into the performance? and left hammerstein as soon as he walked off stage .? Is this true Huh And if it is,? ?do you think he might have? ?regretted what he was doing as soon as he hit the stage??? ?for those that went to the show? was Izzy smiling during the performance??

he came on stage at 3 different times, so i don't think he left as soon as he walked off the stage......

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2006, 07:31:33 PM »

Fuck no, what is this shit......
Brody
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2006, 07:33:50 PM »

I bet deep down he resents the nu guys but im sure he enjoyed himself with axl.
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2006, 07:34:16 PM »

Izzy seems to support what all the original members are doing. he's played with Adler's Appetite and VR, now Axl's GNR. I think he's happy to stay in the shadows, release the occasional solo album and go play with his old friends from time to time.

I also heard he got misty eyed during 'Patience' last night, so Im guessing he liked it.
like Tomorrows said, he probably wanted some alone time to reflect on it.

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Gunner87
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2006, 07:36:30 PM »

Kind of off-topic, but I was wondering how long was Izzy at the Hammerstein before the performance started? ?

Did he do soundcheck with the band or something?

I was over there last night at about 9:30 or 10PM, but couldn't find a ticket. ?Now I kind of regret not going around back to see the band come in......but I'm assuming Izzy and the rest of GNR were probably already there.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2006, 07:47:06 PM »

I remember reading back when Izzy left the band that he was more into playing small clubs and such instead of stadiums.  I don't think he likes the spotlight, would much rather stay in the shadows, make guest appearances at small venues.  So I don't think he'd be jealous of the new guys who are about to play to some HUGE crowds.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
ARC
VIP

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2006, 08:21:19 PM »

There are reports from people that Izzy wasn't really into the performance? and left hammerstein as soon as he walked off stage .? Is this true Huh And if it is,? ?do you think he might have? ?regretted what he was doing as soon as he hit the stage??? ?for those that went to the show? was Izzy smiling during the performance??

he came on stage at 3 different times, so i don't think he left as soon as he walked off the stage......

peace Correct.

If Izzy wasn't digging it he would have left after the first tune. but he didn't. he came back for more. he loved it.
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2006, 08:26:53 PM »

I was thinking it must have been a strage experience for him without the other members there (apart from Axl of course)

anyways, its a cool thing, a few years ago it would have been unthinkable

Izzy is my favourite member of GNR, hes conducted himself with the most class and cool over the years

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2006, 10:39:42 PM »

i don't think izzy regrets jack shit, if anything it would be walink out on the band in 91 tho i don't think he regrets that either...

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2006, 10:40:30 PM »

in some ways, its very sad that the old Guns werent there with him, in fact you could go so far as to say it's an insult to all involved

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2006, 10:53:23 PM »

I dont think he can regret something, cause if he had doubts of perfomring with Axl he could've rejected the offer, anyway I think Izzy is the kinda guy that does something because he thinks is the right thing to do not because someone says so. So I would say he was happy to be there supporting his ex-bandmate  ok

No man can be my equal
Reckless_Suicide
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2006, 11:07:56 PM »

I doubt Izzy had any regregts. Axl went out and partied after the gig. izzy no longer smokes or drinks and is a Health nut. Axl still drinks wine N' beer. izzy would have no reason to stick around, just play the songs and go home.
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2006, 11:11:19 PM »

I was thinking it must have been a strage experience for him without the other members there (apart from Axl of course)

Izzy is my favourite member of GNR, hes conducted himself with the most class and cool over the years
Like when he took a piss in the aisle  of an airplane. rofl
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2006, 11:12:39 PM »

Like when he took a piss in the aisle  of an airplane. rofl

Says a lot about the rest of the band, hey?
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2006, 11:22:14 PM »

in some ways, its very sad that the old Guns werent there with him, in fact you could go so far as to say it's an insult to all involved

An insult to whom?

Izzy did it and I'm sure he's fine with it all. It's volting that he played with Axl again, in front of a nice crowd.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
destroier
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2006, 11:49:25 PM »

Maybe he didn't like Axl's comment about this being Guns N' Roses.
Filipe_Guns
Headliner

You have no idea.....

« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2006, 12:14:34 AM »

I don't think Izzy give a damn for the new band. They just played with his great friend Axl Rose like the old times...and only this.
maybe a homesick moment but he wouldn't regret for this....

"thanks to the lameass security, I'm going home"
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: