Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 09:16:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228156 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Overall thoughts on the warm up shows.....
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Overall thoughts on the warm up shows.....  (Read 4553 times)
Mobenrad
VIP

Free of all these chains

« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2006, 06:18:52 PM »

I think the band has been welded together by these live performances. Robin has become a true companion with Axl from the pictures and videos we have seen, as they are always standing next to each, holding arms and rockin' the stage together. It seems as though Robin has taken Tommy's spot from the 01' and 02' concerts. Tommy seems to be less comitted somehow, doesn't seem like he's "out there" enough anymore. Fortus on the other hand seems to be more energetic than EVER.

As for Dizzy, I love the dreadlocks.

As far as Axl's voice goes...I refuse to make any judgements until we see quality audio of the performances.
badapple81
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2006, 06:24:34 PM »

I never want people to forget the old band so please don't think that, but it really seems that now after all these years, this line up is really becoming almost as loved if not as much as the old by the current set of fans  ok

So I'm keen to hear from those who went to all four shows? Overall which one was the best? The first for it's amazing energy, anticipation and adrenalin waiting for Axl after all these years or the last with Izzy? Was his voice the best first night and was it worn a bit the nights after?
Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2006, 06:24:50 PM »

I'll have to disagree about the Tommy comment although I agree about Robin.

Friday night:
Tommy walks past Axl and says something.
Axl into the mike: Wait, say that again
Tommy: I'm having a great fucking time
Axl gives Tommy a big hug
Axl to the crowd: You all dont know how much that just meant to me.

Tommy, I feel, will be the glue that holds this band together. He's been doing this longer than Axl and wouldn't hesitate to tell Axl to fuck off, if the situation warranted it. Watch his interaction with everyone in the band, he's having a good time up there, and is the biggest cheerleader for Richard, Robin, or Ron when they are doing their solos.

After just the first night I knew why Tommy was being called The General

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
Eeebs
I was kissed by Matt Sorum!!
VIP

Riot Act

« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2006, 06:25:59 PM »

I feel the warm up shows were a great success. ?Axl sounded absolutely amazing, he looked happy, and genuinely pleased to be there, and performing again. ?He was moving around like a mad man, screaming and singing just like the old days. ?The duet with Bach was phenonmenal. ?I couldn't believe what I was experiencing. ?The May 15th show (as well as 14th Smiley) was the best concert I have ever attended. ?The band was very good - played well and had a lot of fun on stage.

I am so glad that they decided to open with a small venue. ?What a once in a life time sort of treat for the fans. ?Although they will eventually do stadiums, I do hope GnR will once again do a few small gigs as well. ?It was just an amazing atmosphere. ?What a great series of concerts!!
Kujo
Legend

« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2006, 06:33:33 PM »

I never want people to forget the old band so please don't think that, but it really seems that now after all these years, this line up is really becoming almost as loved if not as much as the old by the current set of fans? ok

So I'm keen to hear from those who went to all four shows? Overall which one was the best? The first for it's amazing energy, anticipation and adrenalin waiting for Axl after all these years or the last with Izzy? Was his voice the best first night and was it worn a bit the nights after?

I went to all 4 shows. All were great but each one was better than the previous show, for its own reasons

I think the energy from the band was best during the 4th show, the energy from the crowd was the best during the 2nd but the 4th was realy close. Axl's voice was at its best the first night, by the 4th night some of that old Axl rasp/growl was back.

How can you beat Izzy coming out and playing? For me the 4th night was the best for that reason. But I would be hard pressed to rank the other 3. The only major difference with the first night was it was the only performance of TWAT.

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2006, 06:36:47 PM »

I went to the first three.. my favorite was the first night... 6 new songs was awesome. peace
Freya
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2006, 06:37:11 PM »

Okay, was Izzy really tearing up or is that just someone's fanwank? ?How many saw it?
Mobenrad
VIP

Free of all these chains

« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2006, 06:40:29 PM »

I'll have to disagree about the Tommy comment although I agree about Robin.

Friday night:
Tommy walks past Axl and says something.
Axl into the mike: Wait, say that again
Tommy: I'm having a great fucking time
Axl gives Tommy a big hug
Axl to the crowd: You all dont know how much that just meant to me.

Tommy, I feel, will be the glue that holds this band together. He's been doing this longer than Axl and wouldn't hesitate to tell Axl to fuck off, if the situation warranted it. Watch his interaction with everyone in the band, he's having a good time up there, and is the biggest cheerleader for Richard, Robin, or Ron when they are doing their solos.

After just the first night I knew why Tommy was being called The General

I see what you mean. I just don't feel he is as energetic as he was in the previous shows, but that might just be because Robin is more energetic than anyone else at these shows, which I doubt anyone can deny.
badapple81
« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2006, 06:41:04 PM »

I never want people to forget the old band so please don't think that, but it really seems that now after all these years, this line up is really becoming almost as loved if not as much as the old by the current set of fans? ok

I went to all 4 shows. All were great but each one was better than the previous show, for its own reasons

I think the energy from the band was best during the 4th show, the energy from the crowd was the best during the 2nd but the 4th was realy close. Axl's voice was at its best the first night, by the 4th night some of that old Axl rasp/growl was back.

How can you beat Izzy coming out and playing? For me the 4th night was the best for that reason. But I would be hard pressed to rank the other 3. The only major difference with the first night was it was the only performance of TWAT.

Thanks for the response dude, and Mr I!
Kujo
Legend

« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2006, 06:43:02 PM »

Mobenrad: You are 100% correct, in my opinion, Robin was the star of those 4 nights. (Other than Axl of course)

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2006, 06:44:11 PM »

I'm really dissapointed at the few people who would yell for Slash during his solo's... Robin doesn't deserve that. no
loretian
VIP

It would take a lot more time than you...

« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2006, 06:48:13 PM »

I also went to the first three shows, and it was clear that Robin is *the* lead guitarist.  There's no question that he's the man.  He's gotten so much better as far as stage presence since 2002.  I never doubted his guitar skills though.   ok

If I start to break down, it's from the love that I've found
Chief
Legend

« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2006, 06:57:49 PM »

They were just awesome.. even better than i had imagined, even though the band was a bit rusty (which was to be expected).  these shows were SO HUGE for this band, it really will set the tone for what is to come.  Europe is going to get some freakin amazing performances since they will get better and better as time goes on.  it was so great to see Axl out there again with the guys having such a blast.  I do believe we are going to get the album more so than any other time before and it is going to blow people away!!!!
Ron Thal is also going to be really great after a while.. and Robin and Fortus are better than i could have imagined.

One of the best things is that i Rarely ever thought of the old lineup, which was a bit surprising even!!! This means that now, more than the last tour or the last vegas shows, I believe they definitely deserve to BE the band and saga that is Guns n' Fuckin' Roses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
warrocks
VIP

Dance Of Fate....we're not afraid...

« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2006, 07:12:58 PM »

great post mr Intensity i'm so emotional these days that i cried when I read about axl and Izzy crying

love i love this band! i pray to god i can have the chance to see them live someday 

i'm so happy for all of you who could go to the shows  ok

..... Till Death Do us Apart.....GNR forever!
kannon21
Opening Act

« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2006, 07:29:39 PM »

WOw, great great post! Mr.Intensity....like you said, these show were nothing short of an amazing success! and it really meant a lot to me, seeing them for the first time, being so close to the stage and watching my favorite band ever perform is just something that may never be toped. So many great memories that will stay with me 'til the day I die, and even then, I don't think I'll let those fuckers go hihi

Kannon.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2006, 07:31:47 PM by kannon21 » Logged
Mobenrad
VIP

Free of all these chains

« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2006, 07:30:27 PM »

I'm really dissapointed at the few people who would yell for Slash during his solo's... Robin doesn't deserve that. no

You are quite right Mr. Intensity. QUITE right. Robin has worked hard than any other member of the band (besides Stinston possibly and Axl) and he deserves only our praise and approval of his guitar skills.
bigcash2002
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2006, 08:50:48 PM »

I thought Robin was amazing...IMO, he played the classics much better than 02
To me, he seemed so much more comfortable in the band than he did before.  Robin kicked some major ass on Better and TWAT.
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2006, 08:54:31 PM »

like i just posted in another thread.i didnt attend these shows but i have heard what dankrass has recorded for us all and after hearing these bootlegs,im FUKIN SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED about the shows im goin to.if i close my eyes and listen to the bootlegs its like 1992 again.axls voice is way better than in 2002 and the band is tighter than a nuns ass.

rock on to a summer of fukin metal  ok

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
madagas
« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2006, 09:33:16 PM »

Wed night's show was the best I have ever seen Axl....and I have now seen 7 UYI shows and one new band show. Izzy absolutely made the night however. I almost passed out when he came on. Then, seeing Izzy and Tommy locked up in the groove just was magical for me. Those two are cut right out of the same cloth. My voice is shot from screaming. beer
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2006, 09:36:38 PM »

I also went to the first three shows, and it was clear that Robin is *the* lead guitarist.? There's no question that he's the man.? He's gotten so much better as far as stage presence since 2002.? I never doubted his guitar skills though.? ?ok

I wondered if Robin is a boston red sox fan after seeing his red socks on Sunday night hihi
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: