Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 01:40:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228109 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  May 17th show thread POST YOUR REVIEWS IN THE GNR ON TOUR SECTION PLEASE!
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 Go Down Print
Author Topic: May 17th show thread POST YOUR REVIEWS IN THE GNR ON TOUR SECTION PLEASE!  (Read 98449 times)
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #860 on: May 20, 2006, 07:51:28 PM »

Point taken, at least be accurate though, the first show was 45% AFD, and all the other shows were like 55 % AFD.
If you count the Illusion songs the percentage is obviously higher, but Illusion songs weren't done by the original band. In my opinion he should have kept it like the Friday show.. played Better, C.D, The Blues, Maddy, There Was a time, and Irs every night. Making the setlist consist of like 32% new material.
The 85% figure is accurate, but like you said, it includes the UYI material played. I didnt mention UYI because it isnt dominating the show. My mistake. It hit an even higher figure the night new songs got replaced with an old song. Ridiculous.

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #861 on: May 21, 2006, 04:04:53 AM »

Point taken, at least be accurate though, the first show was 45% AFD, and all the other shows were like 55 % AFD.
If you count the Illusion songs the percentage is obviously higher, but Illusion songs weren't done by the original band. In my opinion he should have kept it like the Friday show.. played Better, C.D, The Blues, Maddy, There Was a time, and Irs every night. Making the setlist consist of like 32% new material.
The 85% figure is accurate, but like you said, it includes the UYI material played. I didnt mention UYI because it isnt dominating the show. My mistake. It hit an even higher figure the night new songs got replaced with an old song. Ridiculous.
Either way you slice it these are still GNR shows regardless of what lineup is up there playing the songs.   They almost have to play a lot of those songs.   They may be dated but they are the songs that made us all love this band originally, and I think its cool they still play them for the fans.   beer  Most of the ex-members are shunning their GNR roots now, its cool that Axl is keeping it alive.
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #862 on: May 21, 2006, 08:05:26 AM »

Most of the ex-members are shunning their GNR roots now, its cool that Axl is keeping it alive.

who??

steven adler??  slash??

i don`t think so dude....

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
madagas
« Reply #863 on: May 21, 2006, 11:13:11 AM »

James, yes I can have it both ways and I did on May 17th. The way the new band rocked those AFD songs made me proud of them. They got the chops. I also got 5 songs from an UNRELEASED album which is enough FOR ME now. When the record gets released, I will want more new stuff. But, for now, I'm content-so I CAN have it both ways. AFD will never die whether they play 3 songs off it or 10. Lighten up dude-it's just a rock band. ok
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #864 on: May 21, 2006, 01:03:36 PM »

Most of the ex-members are shunning their GNR roots now, its cool that Axl is keeping it alive.

who??

steven adler??  slash??

did you hear Slash guest hosting that radio show with Matt last week?  They were being complete dicks to the GNR fans when theyd' call in and refused to talk about Guns.
WARose
Legend

« Reply #865 on: May 21, 2006, 01:17:03 PM »

who??

steven adler??  slash??

did you hear Slash guest hosting that radio show with Matt last week?  They were being complete dicks to the GNR fans when theyd' call in and refused to talk about Guns.

no i didn`t....  i don`t like matt anyways....   but VR is playing it`s so easy and mr. brownstone live....

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Axl_Sunflower
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #866 on: May 21, 2006, 02:42:34 PM »

axl rose has hair
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #867 on: May 21, 2006, 03:12:34 PM »

James, yes I can have it both ways and I did on May 17th. The way the new band rocked those AFD songs made me proud of them. They got the chops. I also got 5 songs from an UNRELEASED album which is enough FOR ME now. When the record gets released, I will want more new stuff. But, for now, I'm content-so I CAN have it both ways. AFD will never die whether they play 3 songs off it or 10. Lighten up dude-it's just a rock band. ok
The dude who has called this tour a cash grab is telling me to "lighten up"? rofl I get your point though. I just dont feel like having to take a constant trip down memory lane with GNR. I am more interested in whats happening now. Not what happened in 1987.

Jim Bob: I never said this wasn't GNR. Dont lump me in with that category of people. Thats not the point I was trying to make in those posts.

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #868 on: May 21, 2006, 03:48:48 PM »

Jim Bob: I never said this wasn't GNR. Dont lump me in with that category of people. Thats not the point I was trying to make in those posts.
i know dude.. i'm just saying they will always play a lot of those songs due to the fact they are GNR.
AxlFink
VIP

thelesserkings.com

« Reply #869 on: May 21, 2006, 06:02:14 PM »

anyone know what axl was talking about during "better" on the 15th when he says something like calm down with that shit?
J?
Kid In The Hall
Banned
VIP

Here Since January 11th 2002

« Reply #870 on: May 22, 2006, 12:28:04 AM »

Chinese Democracy has more guitar in the intro its different.

Madgascar doesnt end with the piano / keyboard da da da de dee da part that it did before.

Fuck All Y'all
madagas
« Reply #871 on: May 22, 2006, 07:55:04 AM »

James, well it still is a cash grab, but they did put on a helluva a show!? Cool No more debating for me. I am going to kick back and wait for the album.  beer
« Last Edit: May 22, 2006, 09:15:35 AM by madagas » Logged
estranged.1098
« Reply #872 on: May 22, 2006, 11:46:59 AM »

anyone know what axl was talking about during "better" on the 15th when he says something like calm down with that shit?

I read he was talking to the security people.
ZoulonFire
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #873 on: May 22, 2006, 04:15:49 PM »

I believe he was talking abou the camera flashes going off in his face.

A
ZoulonFire
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #874 on: May 22, 2006, 04:17:09 PM »

Chinese Democracy has more guitar in the intro its different.

Madgascar doesnt end with the piano / keyboard da da da de dee da part that it did before.

I loved the video they put together for Madagascar, as well as the countdown before It's so Easy.... All the videos they had were really well done-  Anyone seen KISS here?  talk about hokey videos, and CHEAP comp graphics!  LOL

A
axlkildgnr
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #875 on: May 22, 2006, 08:37:20 PM »

I liked bumblefoots? pink boots!

They'll go perfect with the Over the Rainbow  and Christina Agapop ballad solos.

What was up with that WTTJungle intro?
Just listened to it and rocketqueen--I appreciate Slash even more now than in 02.

Axl's voice does sound a lot better though. 

What do you guys think --objectively not through your "I love Axl nomatter what " glasses.

Does he have any new art work for the bands logo or lettering?

Do you think he'll eventualy cut out the AFD songs except for jungle, nov. rain, and sweet child.  Just wondering since he calls them "The Oldies" and he seems to want to be more new and progressive (setting a new trend in music). I figure he might stop doing the songs he didn't write most of the lyrics for.

It seems like a nice thing to do since Slash and Duff are only doing songs that Izzy and Duff wrote-mostly-- for whatever reasons

IzzyDutch
VIP

Here Today... Fuck The Hell

« Reply #876 on: May 23, 2006, 07:24:06 AM »

Did you hear Slash guest hosting that radio show with Matt last week?? They were being complete dicks to the GNR fans when theyd' call in and refused to talk about Guns.

Yeah I heard and they weren't dicks at all, they never are dicks to GN'R fans. On that show they answered lot's of GN'R questions and talked alot about it in general and at one point they wanted to move on, they said no more GN'R questions to a caller when he was live on the radio cause there are more things to talk about and what does the guy do 2 seconds after they say it to him? Asks a GN'R/Axl question.. so they hung op on him  Grin

Nothin' wrong with that.. the guy should've listened. Hell Axl ain't talking about the old days or VR either.
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #877 on: May 23, 2006, 02:55:51 PM »

who??

steven adler??? slash??

did you hear Slash guest hosting that radio show with Matt last week?? They were being complete dicks to the GNR fans when theyd' call in and refused to talk about Guns.

That's not really fair to call them dicks because they didn't want to answer GnR questions......they haven't had anything to do with the band for 10 years now, what do you want them to talk about the last tour in 92-93?  They made references. 

They wanted to answer questions about the band their in now, not 10 years ago? 

When Axl was on the Eddie Trunck show, he didn't ask 1 question about VR or what caused the band to break up, just addressed the reunion rumors and that was it.

WARose
Legend

« Reply #878 on: May 23, 2006, 04:13:43 PM »

who??

steven adler??  slash??

That's not really fair to call them dicks because they didn't want to answer GnR questions......they haven't had anything to do with the band for 10 years now, what do you want them to talk about the last tour in 92-93?  They made references. 

They wanted to answer questions about the band their in now, not 10 years ago? 

When Axl was on the Eddie Trunck show, he didn't ask 1 question about VR or what caused the band to break up, just addressed the reunion rumors and that was it.

the difference is, that axl wasn`t asked about that stuff dude.....  and he has really nothing to do with VR  ...  the VR guys are succesful because of those days in the past...

oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #879 on: May 23, 2006, 04:25:03 PM »

^^just as Matt and Slash have nothing to do with GnR these days.....whatever.....personally, I can't blame them for not wanting to take GnR calls and they did state nicely at first they were not going to take any more calls about GnR and after they stated it, they got about 4-5 Gnr related calls

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back on topic, I was really surprised and impressed with the new line-up and hope Axl continues with the positive momentum he's been gaining for the European tour and hopefull a North America tour with lot of NYC shows Grin
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: