Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 29, 2024, 06:32:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228131 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  May 17th show thread POST YOUR REVIEWS IN THE GNR ON TOUR SECTION PLEASE!
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 Go Down Print
Author Topic: May 17th show thread POST YOUR REVIEWS IN THE GNR ON TOUR SECTION PLEASE!  (Read 98588 times)
Throatrake
Rocker

Well, looks like we've got ourselves a reader

« Reply #840 on: May 19, 2006, 09:32:25 PM »

Hey Saul Isobel, we are all here because Axl has moved on. ?And he will continue to make great music.
The past is the past. Gone.
Regardless of the music scene right now, we would all follow Axl simply because he is one of the best frontmen in music history.
If you wanna live in the past and say that you are here for what the origional band created, fine that's your point of view.
I am here because Axl has put together something special and it has just begun to break loose.

What did moths bump into before light bulbs were invented? Are there moths right now on their way to the sun saying "It's gonna be worth it!".
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #841 on: May 19, 2006, 09:50:46 PM »

Exactly, the past is the past, the original line up is always celebrated when you hear AFD and UYI songs on the radio.  GNR just played 5 kick ass shows, the only original member is Axl Rose.  The current line up is awesome.  I cant believe that after those shows, why anyone wouldn't want to see what these guys can do in the future.  What does everyone expect the old members comeback and make an album as good as AFD? 

LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #842 on: May 19, 2006, 10:08:57 PM »

I agree, I would not want to see a reunion either.  Like I said in another thread:

Yeah, it was awesome to see Izzy there and on good terms with Axl. But like others have said, he's not really a "band" guy.  He does what he wants when he wants.  That means a show here and there MAYBE.   Same for Duff, Slash, and Matt.  They have their own things going on, contracts and so forth.  People will say that for the money, they would do it.  Maybe they would, but would they really WANT too?  A reunion is a step BACKWARDS for all involved. They've all grown musically and personally (I would think anyway) Put it this way.....Kindergarden was fun, but do you REALLY wanna go back there for the rest of your life?

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
J?
Kid In The Hall
Banned
VIP

Here Since January 11th 2002

« Reply #843 on: May 20, 2006, 01:06:35 AM »

Hey Guys just got back from NYC! Wow what a concert.

I lined up at the Hammerstein at 530 already a big line. Talked to some gunners, was interviewed by some hot blonde girl for Americasomemusic. I macked her huge. Some people at the front tried to get me to sing Jungle was too shy. Some amazing black security guard was getting a chant for us going. He talked about how he wanted to go home at 8 so he could get his steak dinner. Was cool.

Got 1st row 2nd Mezza seats! Right at the center! Was so amazing I have some pictures that I will be posting some didnt turn out the best but what can I say. Such a great show! Everyone went wild when Izzy came out on Think About You.

I got a good video screen pic of him, since my digital blew a bit. Not mine but person I was with.

But wow good show, the Kid Rock I wasnt all to into. But wow so amazing. Madagascar has been changed a bit, Chinese Democracy sounds way cooler in the intro. Robins gold guitar amazing!

I will post all the pictures tommorow I am just exhausted so bad!

- Jimmer

Fuck All Y'all
Axl_Sunflower
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #844 on: May 20, 2006, 01:17:16 AM »

is it hard to get a camera in there? are cameras allowed at guns n roses concerts?
godiva
« Reply #845 on: May 20, 2006, 03:38:57 AM »

They're not allowed, but in the last shows you can see people literally shoving their cameras in Axl's face and he didn't say anything about it.
Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #846 on: May 20, 2006, 03:40:13 AM »

They're not allowed, but in the last shows you can see people literally shoving their cameras in Axl's face and he didn't say anything about it.

What a nice guy...  Smiley
Schwarzgold
VIP

KAWUGI!

« Reply #847 on: May 20, 2006, 07:58:48 AM »

Yeah - he must have been hijacked and replaced by an alien.  hihi

Restraint is for suckers.
Groovie In VT
Rocker

You know where you are? Your on the fucking Intern

« Reply #848 on: May 20, 2006, 09:23:36 AM »

Hey Guys just got back from NYC! Wow what a concert.

I lined up at the Hammerstein at 530 already a big line. Talked to some gunners, was interviewed by some hot blonde girl for Americasomemusic. I macked her huge. Some people at the front tried to get me to sing Jungle was too shy. Some amazing black security guard was getting a chant for us going. He talked about how he wanted to go home at 8 so he could get his steak dinner. Was cool.

Got 1st row 2nd Mezza seats! Right at the center! Was so amazing I have some pictures that I will be posting some didnt turn out the best but what can I say. Such a great show! Everyone went wild when Izzy came out on Think About You.

I got a good video screen pic of him, since my digital blew a bit. Not mine but person I was with.

But wow good show, the Kid Rock I wasnt all to into. But wow so amazing. Madagascar has been changed a bit, Chinese Democracy sounds way cooler in the intro. Robins gold guitar amazing!

I will post all the pictures tommorow I am just exhausted so bad!

- Jimmer

Did you get the website that the Hot Blonde was doing the interviews for? I didn't get her card, she ran out.

That skinny dude was cool, I also got a good view of a couple hot dog venders having a territory dispute in two langauges....was kinda cool! LOL!

I had Mezz2 Center too!! Fucking awesome view there!  I was the big guy with a long goatee and had a Hookers N Blow shirt on ( Go DIZZY!!)

Groovie In VT....... and don't you forget it!!
badapple81
« Reply #849 on: May 20, 2006, 09:26:17 AM »

Guys these are the first 4 shows. Everyone had a great time with the old songs. I am sure that at RIR we will hear another newie and I'm sure as an American tour and probably a single draw closer, you'll hear more. Relax, enjoy the moment and wait to see what happens!
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #850 on: May 20, 2006, 10:35:08 AM »

Guys these are the first 4 shows. Everyone had a great time with the old songs. I am sure that at RIR we will hear another newie and I'm sure as an American tour and probably a single draw closer, you'll hear more. Relax, enjoy the moment and wait to see what happens!
Thats what I am hoping for. I am gonna go to the CA show in Sept., and I have no interest in seeing him perform this NY setlist. Too boring. AFD is the greatest album of all time, but I dont need to hear it. I think a few oldies are good, but I'm not interested in going back in time.  Since Axl seems more happy, and also sincere about doing CD this year, as we get closer to fall he should be revamping this setlist to include more CD songs. Hopefully he delivers the CD goods to the Euro tour. beer

the Garden
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #851 on: May 20, 2006, 11:43:54 AM »

Yea Axl was pretty loose about the cameras. If anyone has the flacs from the May 15th show listen to better, at one point he says to "loosen up on that shit." I am pretty sure a board member here recalled him saying that about cameras and stuff.

"So bittersweat this tragedy, won't ask for absoloution. This melody inside of me still searches for a soloution."
Saul Isobel
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #852 on: May 20, 2006, 11:55:15 AM »

Yea Axl was pretty loose about the cameras. If anyone has the flacs from the May 15th show listen to better, at one point he says to "loosen up on that shit." I am pretty sure a board member here recalled him saying that about cameras and stuff.

At this point in time Axl knows he has a lot to prove and many burnt bridges to fix so he's being very careful. However, as time goes on and IF he gains the level of fame and notoriety he once had i believe he'll start to show his true colors of old again...  yes
ZoulonFire
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #853 on: May 20, 2006, 01:52:37 PM »

Thats what I am hoping for. I am gonna go to the CA show in Sept., and I have no interest in seeing him perform this NY setlist. Too boring. AFD is the greatest album of all time, but I dont need to hear it. I think a few oldies are good, but I'm not interested in going back in time.  Since Axl seems more happy, and also sincere about doing CD this year, as we get closer to fall he should be revamping this setlist to include more CD songs. Hopefully he delivers the CD goods to the Euro tour. beer

No matter the CD, no matter the lineup... youre always gonna get a lot of AFD.  It was the bands best recieved album, had the most "hit" singles, and is the biggest crowd pleaser.  Did you go to the NY shows?  The material still sounds fresh after almost 20 years!  coulda done without "out ta get me", but hey.

A

J?
Kid In The Hall
Banned
VIP

Here Since January 11th 2002

« Reply #854 on: May 20, 2006, 02:27:33 PM »

The name of the site is http://www.iamericamag.com

The girl told me to email her cause I was well flirting with her in line when she was interviewing people. And said shed remember my name.

I had lined up at 530. Got a good line spot.

I was front row 2nd Mezz, center stairway. We had some annoying people by us who didnt realize they had to get front row to lean over the railing.

Heres some pictures I took not the best but still...

Fuck All Y'all
joneslloyd
Banned
Rocker

Here Today... er... dead tomorrow...? maybe?..

« Reply #855 on: May 20, 2006, 03:36:14 PM »

Thanks for that, More Izzy pics Smiley
madagas
« Reply #856 on: May 20, 2006, 05:54:22 PM »

D, I am not going to change your opinion but you read a little too much into my statement by highlighting less than a line. To clarify, I DO NOT WANT A REUNION EVER! Like PPBEBE says, at this point and at this age, they are simply lame. It is over with the old band and I hope it stays that way. The only two prior members I would ever take back in any capacity would be Izzy and Slash. I don't care to see Matt, Duff, or Steven ever again. Especially the drummers. I do have a soft spot for the King of Beers, but simply don't think he is near as cool or good as Tommy.  Shocked Shocked
bad69boyz
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #857 on: May 20, 2006, 06:25:18 PM »

Took this with my cell i met Jimmy Fallen over by the vip section and he signed my ticket he was cool as hell..? I told him he gave GnR a great intro when they where on the Mtv Vma's? ....? He said there my Fav. band.....? He was cool as hell... ok  I also saw aid from the soprano's outside after the show let out..  I hung out inside untill they kicked me out..

« Last Edit: May 20, 2006, 06:30:39 PM by bad69boyz » Logged
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #858 on: May 20, 2006, 07:05:27 PM »

It is over with the old band and I hope it stays that way.
No its not. How many times does it have to be said: Its not over until AFD stops being the dominating theme of the show. You cant have it both ways. Everyone says "the old band isnt as good. Old GNR is dead. Get over it and move on. Its the future now". Well, the future is living in the past. These shows are 85% AFD, and the people telling everyone to move on like to ignore this fact. I dont want a reunion either, but you are going to keep hearing people want a reunion because new GNR refuses to get a new identity and move on from the past. The new GNR era has so far been nothing but a few old demos and AFD rehash. If people have to hear AFD every fucking night, they would rather hear it from the people who created it. New GNR has always had trouble getting out of the shadow of old GNR. Now Axl is keeping them in that shadow. Funny how alot of people going to the NY shows said they were gonna beat up people who made any Slash chants. What do you expect? Most of the songs being played are something Slash helped create.

This much AFD hasnt been in a GNR setlist since 1988.

Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #859 on: May 20, 2006, 07:35:26 PM »

It is over with the old band and I hope it stays that way.
No its not. How many times does it have to be said: Its not over until AFD stops being the dominating theme of the show. You cant have it both ways. Everyone says "the old band isnt as good. Old GNR is dead. Get over it and move on. Its the future now". Well, the future is living in the past. These shows are 85% AFD, and the people telling everyone to move on like to ignore this fact. I dont want a reunion either, but you are going to keep hearing people want a reunion because new GNR refuses to get a new identity and move on from the past. The new GNR era has so far been nothing but a few old demos and AFD rehash. If people have to hear AFD every fucking night, they would rather hear it from the people who created it. New GNR has always had trouble getting out of the shadow of old GNR. Now Axl is keeping them in that shadow. Funny how alot of people going to the NY shows said they were gonna beat up people who made any Slash chants. What do you expect? Most of the songs being played are something Slash helped create.

This much AFD hasnt been in a GNR setlist since 1988.

Point taken, at least be accurate though, the first show was 45% AFD, and all the other shows were like 55 % AFD.
If you count the Illusion songs the percentage is obviously higher, but Illusion songs weren't done by the original band. In my opinion he should have kept it like the Friday show.. played Better, C.D, The Blues, Maddy, There Was a time, and Irs every night. Making the setlist consist of like 32% new material.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: