Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 27, 2024, 10:15:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228522 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  May 17th show thread POST YOUR REVIEWS IN THE GNR ON TOUR SECTION PLEASE!
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 Go Down Print
Author Topic: May 17th show thread POST YOUR REVIEWS IN THE GNR ON TOUR SECTION PLEASE!  (Read 109378 times)
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #820 on: May 19, 2006, 02:28:42 PM »

Madagas, I'm gonna go to the California show that was just announced. If he's still doing AFD rehash then, I'll see how much I enjoy it. I dont hate any of the songs that are being played, I just think its time for the new era to begin.

Also, after that show ends, you know I will give an honest and realistic review of the concert. beer

madagas
« Reply #821 on: May 19, 2006, 02:30:39 PM »

Also, James, Axl is obviously going balls out now on promotion...doing radio interviews...hanging at the chic spots. He is obviously up to something. peace ps, Better and Irs sounded HUGE live. D, you are wrong. You had to be there. To me, it felt just the opposite. The new guys were jazzed when Izzy came out and it looked like it made them proud to be a part of the Gnr legacy. They are moving in the right direction-clearly. ?beer
« Last Edit: May 19, 2006, 02:32:36 PM by madagas » Logged
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #822 on: May 19, 2006, 02:37:04 PM »

Also, James, Axl is obviously going balls out now on promotion...doing radio interviews...hanging at the chic spots. He is obviously up to something. peace ps, Better and Irs sounded HUGE live. D, you are wrong. You had to be there. To me, it felt just the opposite. The new guys were jazzed when Izzy came out and it looked like it made them proud to be a part of the Gnr legacy. They are moving in the right direction-clearly.  beer

I was there the 17th and I agree 100% agree with you Axl is back and the new guys are great if not Better!

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
Saul Isobel
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #823 on: May 19, 2006, 02:47:45 PM »

Its pretty simple.

How can Axl expect fans to move on from the old band, when he cant?

Playing almost every song off Appetite and inviting old members to steal the thunder of the new guys who have worked very hard and have to endure tons of criticism and pressure isnt the right thing to do.

I understand as fans u guys were jazzed to see Izzy.

But for a new band tryin to write a new legacy, it just knocked them 5 steps back.

Look at reviews, look at fans, look at rumors.

now the rumors of a reunion are stronger than ever and AXL has himself to blame and no one else.

nice gesture but not a good idea in the long run for the success of this new band.

So you're pissed because IZZY, a founding member and seminal songwriter of Guns'n'Roses, stole all the thunder from the NYC gigs? Cry me a river dude! There IS NO legacy for the new guys to write, they are a mere footnote in the history of Guns 'n'Roses that is already safely written. It's really that simple. Just like Kiss in make-up and Sabbath with Ozzy, only the original Guns 'n' Roses are what matters to the true fans in the bigger picture.? hihi
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #824 on: May 19, 2006, 02:55:42 PM »

Its pretty simple.

How can Axl expect fans to move on from the old band, when he cant?

Playing almost every song off Appetite and inviting old members to steal the thunder of the new guys who have worked very hard and have to endure tons of criticism and pressure isnt the right thing to do.

I understand as fans u guys were jazzed to see Izzy.

But for a new band tryin to write a new legacy, it just knocked them 5 steps back.

Look at reviews, look at fans, look at rumors.

now the rumors of a reunion are stronger than ever and AXL has himself to blame and no one else.

nice gesture but not a good idea in the long run for the success of this new band.

So you're pissed because IZZY, a founding member and seminal songwriter of Guns'n'Roses, stole all the thunder from the NYC gigs? Cry me a river dude! There IS NO legacy for the new guys to write, they are a mere footnote in the history of Guns 'n'Roses that is already safely written. It's really that simple. Just like Kiss in make-up and Sabbath with Ozzy, only the original Guns 'n' Roses are what matters to the true fans in the bigger picture.? hihi

U have no clue what u just did do u?

Its funny cause all these people disagreeing with me are actually making my fucking point.

read this dude's statement and u will see what Im getting at.

All I see on Vh1.com and other sites is "Izzy rejoins GNR for 3 songs"

at the end it says "rumors are running wild for a fullblown reunion.

When u are trying to move past the original and are trying to showcase a new band that casual fans dont like and dont wanna see, the worst thing u can do is bring someone on stage that fans DO want to see.

Now instead of the NEW band getting praise and props for how great THEY ARE, all we hear is how great it was for IZZY to be there and how there will be a REUNION now.

Axl isnt about a reunion right?

So why would he fuel this by having Izzy up there?

Great for the fans of Original GNR HORRIBLE for the future of NEW GNR.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #825 on: May 19, 2006, 03:03:25 PM »

I don't think gnr new or old will ever be a seperate thing, it'll always go back to the old in some way, or that axl is there..

people are just going to see gnr is playing here or there and go, and the hunger for the greats they knew will always be there...

you can throw duff izzy slash steve on that stage and it would uproot any new member by ten...

I saw this first hand with izzy, I heard it first hand by many who weren't familiar with the new.. people who got sentimental when they heard nr scom solos, etc...

As long as it's called gnr their will always be a shadow or a view as it not being as serious as they'd like it to be..
Saul Isobel
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #826 on: May 19, 2006, 03:10:45 PM »

U have no clue what u just did do u

I know EXACTLY what i'm doing, giving you a reality check man. Remember this. NONE of you would even be here now if it wasn't for the true, original Guns n Roses line-up and you need to fucking respect that fact. I can only assume that the majority of Nu G'n'R fans here support the new line up over the original one because the current music scene is so shit that there's nothing else out there for you to hold on to, so instead, you are latching onto a pale imitation of something special that you alas missed out on first time around b/c you were too young or oblivious to it.

Great for the fans of Original GNR HORRIBLE for the future of NEW GNR.

What's so "horrible" about nu G'n'R getting booted into touch and the original icons, who are all still alive and young enough to rock and make great music together get back together? It's makes no fucking sense if you dig G'n'R that you wouldn't want the true established members to rock the world once again. To think that the original Gunners couldn't write songs to rival or better those heard from CD so far is absurd. Slash Izzy and co are PROVEN masters of their trade. Living legends - BRING-IT-ONNNNN!!!!!
« Last Edit: May 19, 2006, 03:14:34 PM by Saul Isobel » Logged
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #827 on: May 19, 2006, 03:17:54 PM »

You had to be there. To me, it felt just the opposite. The new guys were jazzed when Izzy came out and it looked like it made them proud to be a part of the Gnr legacy.

Madagus, You're wrong too. I wasn't there but I thought the same to what you say there.
Of course I envy you for your great real experience, bastard. hihi

At least You'd agree that Izzy doesn't show less approval for this Guns n roses, the band once he was in and left, than for VR or AA in which he's never been a part, anymore.

I have no idea about Izzy's level of approval for any of the above, I could care less.

I do however enjoy (without overanalyzing) him occasionally playing a few tunes with a former bandmate(s), whomever that may be...

exactly

It would be nice to think this could be a catalyst of sorts to get the real Guns back together tho

What you two are talking about and agreeing with eath other. Huh I'm lost.
madagas
« Reply #828 on: May 19, 2006, 03:27:44 PM »

Mike, I think the shadow of the old will lift a little when there is an album. Until then, yes, the shadow looms but we are ever so slowly coming in to the light. The band looked so damn happy that you had to feel a change was taking place. Again, I think Izzy really made them proud to be in the band. It's kind of like an old football great coming from years past back to his alma mater to give the new team a pep talk and words of encouragement.  peace
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #829 on: May 19, 2006, 03:30:56 PM »

Saul u are totally misunderstanding what Im getting at.

I was young enough, I remember and love the old GNR.

I am saying:

Axl wants their to be a new GNR. he gets pissed when fans yell for Slash or the old band right?

He wants to forget the original GUNS and use his band of clones to be Guns N Roses.

I am saying that Axl is making it harder for his band to be accepted by bringing an original member onstage.

So yeah it was great for the fans but it did a huge disservice to the new guys who are trying to dig out from that shadow and gain their own respect.

Axl cant get mad at fans for wanting a reunion when all he does is play old material and bring a former member onstage.

he is just asking for the fans to boo the new lineup in favor of a reunion.

Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #830 on: May 19, 2006, 03:31:11 PM »

Yeah, it's just like when Steve Young replaced Joe Montana... Joe Montana's shadow always hung over Steve Young until he won a superbowl.

Until this new band releases Chinese Democracy, it will live in the old gnr's shadow for the most part. But, I really believe C.D is coming this fall, so it's only a matter of time before this new band shines in its own light.
Saul Isobel
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #831 on: May 19, 2006, 03:41:48 PM »

Yeah, it's just like when Steve Young replaced Joe Montana... Joe Montana's shadow always hung over Steve Young until he won a superbowl.
So by this analogy, the new guys have to EQUAL what the former guys achieved before they are accepted. Good luck in doing that dudes.? hihi

Until this new band releases Chinese Democracy, it will live in the old gnr's shadow for the most part. But, I really believe C.D is coming this fall, so it's only a matter of time before this new band shines in its own light.

Yes, they need to release CD asap. BUT unless it's a masterpiece and sells massive amounts, the band is still doomed to fail in the eyes of the majority b/c they cannot live up to the legacy. Also there's no way the nu Guns can play shows without playing established classics so they are on a hiding to nothing in essence. Maybe that's why it's taken Axl so long to grow the balls to release this project...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #832 on: May 19, 2006, 03:50:38 PM »

great analogy with montana/young.

But what wouldve happened to Steve Young if Joe Montana had still been on the roster?

This is essentially what happens when Izzy comes onstage.

I have a theory that inside all GNR fans want a reunion.

We want Axl to release CD with this new lineup just to see what he's got, but inside we all want a reunion.

I have accepted the new band cause i have no choice and I want Axl to succeed so im giving them a chance.

Thing is, we arent gonna get a chance to know and love the new band if old members keep showin up and all we hear is Old GNR classics being played by guys who didnt write them.

Which is why I said Izzy playing hurt the new band members.

madagas
« Reply #833 on: May 19, 2006, 03:58:37 PM »

D, not to be an ass, but I don't want a reunion until I get at least two albums from the Chinese sessions. Plus, I think a few of the new members are better than the old guys-particulary Brain and Tommy. What may happen in the future is a mix mash of old and new with Axl remaining constant. Axl wants complete control and won't go back to the old ways of doing things. I also can't see Axl recording ever again with Steven Adler-sorry, I just can't. The best you could hope for would be a few one off shows or a small, high priced cash grab tour.  Undecided
MJRoses23
Rocker

JORDAN FOR THE WIN!!!

« Reply #834 on: May 19, 2006, 04:35:39 PM »

So by this analogy, the new guys have to EQUAL what the former guys achieved before they are accepted. Good luck in doing that dudes.? hihi

No that doesnt necessarily mean that.  No one ever says that steve young is as good as joe montana.  Of course he isnt.  But hes good enough and does his own thing to where he doesnt get compared to him. 

The  chance of the new guns doing what the old ones did is slim to none.  But these guys are some great musicians and have the ability to do great things. 

So as soon as they release this album and show the world some of the comparrisons and the shadows they are living in will go away.  They dont have to sell 15million copies of CD they just have to show what there made of.

"Its not how hard you push along the way...its having something left to finish"

-Michael Jordan
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #835 on: May 19, 2006, 05:43:56 PM »

I have a theory that inside all GNR fans want a reunion.

It prove wrong.
I DON'T.
To reduce This sparking fresh GNR to one of those boring re-re-re bands of has-beens ...that is a reunion.
I usually am not this vocal about this but inside I HATE the idea of it!
Well I would't hate to see BH coming back for now, till I understand Ron.

Maybe there are still many reunionists. but the band is swift changing them, which is very apparent now.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #836 on: May 19, 2006, 07:29:08 PM »

D, not to be an ass, but I don't want a reunion until I get at least two albums from the Chinese sessions. Plus, I think a few of the new members are better than the old guys-particulary Brain and Tommy. What may happen in the future is a mix mash of old and new with Axl remaining constant. Axl wants complete control and won't go back to the old ways of doing things. I also can't see Axl recording ever again with Steven Adler-sorry, I just can't. The best you could hope for would be a few one off shows or a small, high priced cash grab tour.? Undecided

my point made again.

I honestly dont want a reunion either, maybe years and years down the road but not right now. However I want the new band to get a fair shot at gaining respect and being liked by ALL gnr fans, not just hardcore fans.

i want all these people who say "it isnt GNR" to be shut up once and for all by the amazing talents of the new guys.

My point is, when an original member comes out, it takes the spotlight where its due from the new members and puts it on a blast from the past.

now casual fans will be screaming more and more for a reunion.

At concerts instead of fans chanting "Robin, Robin, Robin" they will be screaming "izzy,izzy,izzy" hopin he is there again.

this is counterproductive in my opinion.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2006, 07:31:25 PM by D? » Logged

estranged.1098
« Reply #837 on: May 19, 2006, 07:38:20 PM »

You should trust Axl to know what he's doing.
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #838 on: May 19, 2006, 07:39:58 PM »

baz just mentioned on vh1 like a minute ago, about playing with gnr all 4 nights, no news, just said its awesome that gnr is back, he said his solo band may open a few shows in europe

Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #839 on: May 19, 2006, 09:30:12 PM »

my point made again.

I honestly dont want a reunion either, maybe years and years down the road but not right now.

agh dont exagerate "years and years"?? I dont want GNR to reunite when they are 60, I say give this new band 3 strong years with 2 cds and a full exiting tour and then rule the world with the originals.  smoking
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: