Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 04, 2024, 10:22:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  May 17th show thread POST YOUR REVIEWS IN THE GNR ON TOUR SECTION PLEASE!
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 45 Go Down Print
Author Topic: May 17th show thread POST YOUR REVIEWS IN THE GNR ON TOUR SECTION PLEASE!  (Read 111360 times)
Poof!
Rocker

« Reply #640 on: May 18, 2006, 02:54:31 AM »

I think Bumble has stopped using that 'foot' guitar.
Bumble is awesome he holds his guitar into the audience and everyone starts grabbing it.
He plays laying on his back.
He wears a touque now as well. I thought that he looks way better in a toque because he has such a bad hair style. That's just a personal opinion though.

Cool, sounds like he's having fun. People were complaining that he didn't have much of a stage presence, but I'd be kind of reserved as well had I only been in the band for a week and I gotta play all that stuff live for the first time.

Tommy used to get a lot of mention as a spectacular performer (the RIR3 show was the Tommy show in my opinion). Is he still that energetic live?

Pardon all the questions, but it's exciting!!  Smiley
nothingman
Headliner

Kickin' back in the shadows

« Reply #641 on: May 18, 2006, 02:55:05 AM »

How long was this gig anyway? Three hours?

about 2 1/2.  11:25 to 1:55

...downloading motherfuckers...
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #642 on: May 18, 2006, 02:58:15 AM »

ooook.. im druink as shit.. ppplllease sopmeone fill me in.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #643 on: May 18, 2006, 02:58:45 AM »

How long was this gig anyway? Three hours?

about 2 1/2.? 11:25 to 1:55

OK thanks! Was Izzy just standing in a corner with his guitar or was he talking to the other members and stuff like that? This is fucking amazing peace

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
nothingman
Headliner

« Reply #644 on: May 18, 2006, 02:59:27 AM »

Bumble is awesome he holds his guitar into the audience and everyone starts grabbing it.
He wears a touque now as well. I thought that he looks way better in a toque because he has such a bad hair style. That's just a personal opinion though.

Cool, sounds like he's having fun. People were complaining that he didn't have much of a stage presence, but I'd be kind of reserved as well had I only been in the band for a week and I gotta play all that stuff live for the first time.

Tommy used to get a lot of mention as a spectacular performer (the RIR3 show was the Tommy show in my opinion). Is he still that energetic live?

Pardon all the questions, but it's exciting!!  Smiley

Yeah Tommy plays his heart out but honestly I watch Robin and Axl the most. This is definitely the Axl show now!!
He really is rejuvenated.

For everyone who bitches about the not enough new songs:
when Maddy, the Blues, and IRS are played you can watch everyone going for beers.
When OTGM, and NR and SCOM and the other oldies are played everyone goes nuts and bounces and jumps all around.

Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #645 on: May 18, 2006, 03:03:17 AM »

So I see alot of different setlist in this thread. Can someone please put the definate N' final setlist up.

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
Poof!
Rocker

« Reply #646 on: May 18, 2006, 03:04:19 AM »

Pardon all the questions, but it's exciting!!? Smiley

Yeah Tommy plays his heart out but honestly I watch Robin and Axl the most. This is definitely the Axl show now!!

when Maddy, the Blues, and IRS are played you can watch everyone going for beers.
When OTGM, and NR and SCOM and the other oldies are played everyone goes nuts and bounces and jumps all around.

Great news! I'm glad Axl's got his "spark" back, maybe that means 2006 will be the year. And I would probably watch Axl and Robin the most too. Axl, Robin and Tommy are the holy trinity of GN'R.
Hopefully people will embrace the new songs a bit more when they've been heard on an official release.
DEAD HORSE
VIP

08.08.08 ?

« Reply #647 on: May 18, 2006, 03:07:08 AM »

I know what you mean dude, bout the new songs, and stupid people goin for beers and shit, that the stupid american crowd, i've seen a lot of that shit here in California, really sad, thats the reason any band loves playin outside the USA.

If the world would end today... Wink
axlslash4eva
Headliner

Suck on That

« Reply #648 on: May 18, 2006, 03:11:49 AM »

I just got back from the show and it was infuckinsane, axl looked and sounded great Izzy was there and played "think about you", "patience" and "nightrain", kid rock was also there who also performed "nightrain" with GNR as u all know bach was there, axl threw the mic out at the end of the night and he was really cool even goin on to make jokes such as "wow we sound really good maybe would should make a album or something, dam what was i thinking all these years"  then when nightrain came on he told the band to stop and put the mic down and u still heard his voice and he goes "thats how u no were guns n' roses and not no britney spears shit". overall great fuckin show and i definatly feel a dvd and cd coming soon
Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #649 on: May 18, 2006, 03:15:55 AM »

I just got back from the show and it was infuckinsane, axl looked and sounded great Izzy was there and played "think about you", "patience" and "nightrain", kid rock was also there who also performed "nightrain" with GNR as u all know bach was there, axl threw the mic out at the end of the night and he was really cool even goin on to make jokes such as "wow we sound really good maybe would should make a album or something, dam what was i thinking all these years"  then when nightrain came on he told the band to stop and put the mic down and u still heard his voice and he goes "thats how u no were guns n' roses and not no britney spears shit". overall great fuckin show and i definatly feel a dvd and cd coming soon

Thanx for posting that fast!
How was Axl with Izzy?
Did Izzy cry?
nothingman
Headliner

« Reply #650 on: May 18, 2006, 03:18:30 AM »

So I see alot of different setlist in this thread. Can someone please put the definate N' final setlist up.

peace
I posted this before, trust me it's official.

approx 11:25- 1:55

WTTJ
ISO
Brownstone
LALD
Think About You wIZZY
Robin Solo
SCOM
Better
KOHD
Dizzy Solo
Blues
Bumble Solo
YCBM
NR
OTGM
Richard + Robin Solo
Michelle wBaz
RQ
Patience wIZZY
Maddy
IRS
Richard solo
Nightrain wIZZY & Kid Rock

CD
Robin Solo
PC

TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #651 on: May 18, 2006, 03:18:46 AM »

How was he announced?

Axl gave a little speech about how he was going to introduce a friend he grew up with, went skateboarding with, did illegal substances with....Mr Izzy Stradlin. Or something like that. The place went insane.

Now doesn't that make you feel better?
The pigs have won tonight
Now they can all sleep soundly
And everything is all right
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

« Reply #652 on: May 18, 2006, 03:20:08 AM »

peace

WTTJ
ISO
Brownstone
LALD
Think About You wIZZY
Robin Solo
SCOM
Better
KOHD
Dizzy Solo
Blues
Bumble Solo
YCBM
NR
OTGM
Richard + Robin Solo
Michelle wBaz
RQ
Patience wIZZY
Maddy
IRS
Richard solo

CD
Robin Solo
PC

Thanks man.

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #653 on: May 18, 2006, 03:20:44 AM »

peace

WTTJ
ISO
Brownstone
LALD
Think About You wIZZY
Robin Solo
SCOM
Better
KOHD
Dizzy Solo
Blues
Bumble Solo
YCBM
NR
OTGM
Richard + Robin Solo
Michelle wBaz
RQ
Patience wIZZY
Maddy
IRS
Richard solo

CD
Robin Solo
PC

Yep that's what I remember.

Now doesn't that make you feel better?
The pigs have won tonight
Now they can all sleep soundly
And everything is all right
Rocker

« Reply #654 on: May 18, 2006, 03:21:07 AM »

"wow we sound really good maybe would should make a album or something, dam what was i thinking all these years" 
best joke ever!
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

« Reply #655 on: May 18, 2006, 03:29:07 AM »

How did we go with a recording of tonights show? Anything?

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
Timmy
Rocker

« Reply #656 on: May 18, 2006, 03:37:17 AM »

Maddy, The Blues and IRS aren't typically "mosh, goin' apey" tunes..

T.T.
?.?.
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #657 on: May 18, 2006, 03:46:14 AM »

"wow we sound really good maybe would should make a album or something, dam what was i thinking all these years"?
best joke ever!

its funny but not really...
Schwarzgold
VIP

KAWUGI!

« Reply #658 on: May 18, 2006, 03:46:45 AM »

I go apey with IRS all the time. Grin

But, well, "getting beer while hearing new stuff" is a common behaviour at EVERY concert, so no worries.

Restraint is for suckers.
Meanmachine22
Rocker

Trust me it's worth the waiting...

« Reply #659 on: May 18, 2006, 04:25:11 AM »

Let me say one thing :

Mr. Rose is serious this time!!!
2006 will be the year

I am excited !! Damnnnnnnn peace

"when i say the time is right..well, than the time is right fuckhead!"
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 45 Go Up Print 
« previous next »