Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 03, 2024, 09:25:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228145 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  May 17th show thread POST YOUR REVIEWS IN THE GNR ON TOUR SECTION PLEASE!
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 45 Go Down Print
Author Topic: May 17th show thread POST YOUR REVIEWS IN THE GNR ON TOUR SECTION PLEASE!  (Read 98990 times)
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #760 on: May 18, 2006, 02:52:35 PM »

maybe izzy left early because of axl`s "this is gnr" comment during nightrain??

i don`t know if he really said that, but i think someone posted it.... and maybe izzy was pissed because of that....   i don`t know...

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Hoosier
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #761 on: May 18, 2006, 02:56:38 PM »

i havent seen anyone talking about Kid on here, so i just wanted to ask for those who saw the show: was he any good? and he was just on for Nightrain right?

i dont expect too many Gunners to be too excited about him joining the stage, but im a fan of his and just wanted to know everyones reactions/coments on his performance.

ever been in an earthquake motherfucker?!?!
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #762 on: May 18, 2006, 02:58:53 PM »

Izzy was there? cool... so was Baz and Kid Rock... and Move ON!

Mr. Rose has brought old friend to join him on the stage... so what?

Also a great marketing trick for the Europe, now all of the old-none-moving-on-fans will come to concerts hoping Izzy will show up... and he won't  Tongue. There is only 1% chance for him to show up in London on 7th, but I highly doubt it...

Did anyone notice a much more clever way of doing marketing... old and new logo used together, old and new font used together, reunion rumours, Izzy on stage... soon GNR will be acceppted as they are (just look at Mr. Thal reviews from 12th and further on)... Maybe someday we see Slash as guest, but that is all...

Mr. Rose is not an asshole and he knows where he is going to, I am sure in that...

Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #763 on: May 18, 2006, 02:59:11 PM »

His concerts are a good time.. not a huge fan.. wouldn't mind seeing pics of him and Axl together singing though. beer
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #764 on: May 18, 2006, 03:04:11 PM »

U guys are blinded by the love for Original GNR

The new band have been bludgeoned to death with "u suck" bring back slash etc etc etc

They are out there busting their ass trying their best to finally win over GNR fans.

2002 tour was unsuccessful, they have to sit on their ass and do nothing for 4 years.

They finally get their moment to shine and after 4 shows whats everyone talking about?

Izzy Stradlin

Not Robin, not Richard, not Brain,Pittman,STinson,or Bumble foot or even Chinese Democracy.

They are talkin bout Izzy STradlin

and just cause a few people on this message board think its the closin of a chapter and the beginning of a new chapter, that doesnt mean EVERYONE else feels that way.

People think there will be reunion now.

Axl has the ball rolling in motion by letting Izzy play *since many feel Izzy leaving was the main reason GNR imploded anyway* now speculation will come left and right and Axl will have no choice but to have a reunion now cause everytime they play from here on out people are gonna wanna see Izzy or some other "special guest"

U guys need to take the worship blinders off and realize what a disservice Axl just did to trip up a new band trying to gain respect and acceptance.

Would you like some cheese with your WHINE? ?hihi

You're damn right IZZY is taking all the credit - this new bunch of hired hands aren't fit to shine the great man's shoes!

It's obvious from all the press coverage and crowd adulation at the show that Izzy will be the catalyst that will draw the TRUE Gunners back into the fold - holy shit can you imagine what it's gonna be like when Mr Slash take center stage once again - just like Kiss back in make-up it's gonna happen!!!!!!! ?peace ?yes ok ?

This post sums my point up perfectly.

If i were the new members Id be a little pissed at Axl.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #765 on: May 18, 2006, 03:10:33 PM »

I would never ever like to see the original band reform! It was amazing watching them in their day of the band. I have great respect for the new members of the band now. I just thought that last night was cool that Izzy turned up to play a song or two or three! He was the only old member that I would have maybe liked to see come back! But i think last night was just cool that he still respects Axl enough to come and play some tunes with him again! Mike

axlslash4eva
Headliner

Suck on That

« Reply #766 on: May 18, 2006, 03:11:35 PM »

I was at the show about 5 feet away from the stage and he was great running around and really getting into it, i heard speculations about him being there and doing paadise city and then when he came out 4 night train the place went crazy, i also heard speculations that steven tyler was there but as u all know he wasnt or mayb he was there but just didnt perform
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #767 on: May 18, 2006, 03:15:43 PM »

maybe izzy left early because of axl`s "this is gnr" comment during nightrain??

i don`t know if he really said that, but i think someone posted it.... and maybe izzy was pissed because of that....   i don`t know...

hmm maybe it was when he realized evil Axl's dirty trick...lured him onto the stage and made him look like  giving his blessing to the band. hihi

Naa it was a joke to be followed by brain's "surely this is not britny spar" according to nothingman. Or am I mistaken?

This really is GNR.

Izzy had a nice smile on his face.
Tommy and him jammed a lot facing each other.
would they be pissed? I wouldn't be worry.
saltzy23
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #768 on: May 18, 2006, 03:16:26 PM »

Whats up everyone....Ive always checked this site for updates...but never posted. ?I was at the show last night(as well at Fri and Sunday)....anyway, my friend and I were about 5 feet from the stage for the whole show....what an amazing time....Ill never forget it....

Anyway, I would almost feel quilty if I didnt make what i got on my PDA available....I got 10-12 pics(some great, some not so great)....what I have that I think everyone on this site will want is a pretty decent video of "Patience"....I taped from the first note to the last...about 6 mins worth....the audio is barlely audible, but the video is pretty damn good...I was able to get it onto my computer, but I cant get it to run. ?It runs fine on the phone, on moble windows media player, but wont work on my computer....Anyway, Id love to post the pics somewhere(Ill fwd then to anyone that has a site, and would be willing to post them for me).....more importantly, does anyone know how to re-format what I have so I can get this out there?
MJRoses23
Rocker

JORDAN FOR THE WIN!!!

« Reply #769 on: May 18, 2006, 03:16:31 PM »

Izzy playing with the band should not start reunion talk. ?He played with Velvet Revolver to so what? ?That dont meant that the guys in VR are gonna leave just cuz Izzy was there and go start up a GNR reunion with him. ?Its good that people have finally started to move on from the past. ?

It seems like this band right now is really tight and that there havin a hell of a time doin what there doin so they should have no worries. ? I love the original band but i dont want them reuniting. ?I like GNR the way they are now and cant wait to see what there made of. ?

So hopefully people will take this show for exactly what it is...An old friend jamming to a couple tunes that he helped write. ?Nothing more nothing less.

"Its not how hard you push along the way...its having something left to finish"

-Michael Jordan
Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #770 on: May 18, 2006, 03:20:41 PM »

Whats up everyone....Ive always checked this site for updates...but never posted.  I was at the show last night(as well at Fri and Sunday)....anyway, my friend and I were about 5 feet from the stage for the whole show....what an amazing time....Ill never forget it....

Anyway, I would almost feel quilty if I didnt make what i got on my PDA available....I got 10-12 pics(some great, some not so great)....what I have that I think everyone on this site will want is a pretty decent video of "Patience"....I taped from the first note to the last...about 6 mins worth....the audio is barlely audible, but the video is pretty damn good...I was able to get it onto my computer, but I cant get it to run.  It runs fine on the phone, on moble windows media player, but wont work on my computer....Anyway, Id love to post the pics somewhere(Ill fwd then to anyone that has a site, and would be willing to post them for me).....more importantly, does anyone know how to re-format what I have so I can get this out there?

Awesome, dude!
I cant help you with the video but here is how you post pics here:
Upload them at  http://i1.tinypic.com/ and copy the path
click the insert picture icon in the reply form and paste the path.  ok
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #771 on: May 18, 2006, 03:21:25 PM »

Izzy playing with the band should not start reunion talk. ?He played with Velvet Revolver to so what? ?That dont meant that the guys in VR are gonna leave just cuz Izzy was there and go start up a GNR reunion with him. ?Its good that people have finally started to move on from the past. ?

It seems like this band right now is really tight and that there havin a hell of a time doin what there doin so they should have no worries. ? I love the original band but i dont want them reuniting. ?I like GNR the way they are now and cant wait to see what there made of. ?

So hopefully people will take this show for exactly what it is...An old friend jamming to a couple tunes that he helped write. ?Nothing more nothing less.

Surely u can see the difference in Izzy playing with VR and Izzy playing with GNR.

Axl is clearly the only one holding up a reunion, so the fact Axl would have an old member back is HUGE.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
MJRoses23
Rocker

JORDAN FOR THE WIN!!!

« Reply #772 on: May 18, 2006, 03:28:39 PM »

Surely u can see the difference in Izzy playing with VR and Izzy playing with GNR.

Axl is clearly the only one holding up a reunion, so the fact Axl would have an old member back is HUGE.

Hell yea, I was just trying to use an analogy but i def see what your saying.   Izzy playing with GNR is way different than VR, thats a historical occasion to some degree, but i think thats about all it was. 

I cant see it going anywhere..at least i hope it doesnt not until CD is out and the current lineup is done with what they set out to do.  Theyve worked to hard to not have their chance to shine....they deserve that after sticikin by Axl all this time.  Thats more than most of the old members can say. 

-Michael Jordan
EccoTides
« Reply #773 on: May 18, 2006, 03:32:37 PM »

I cant see it going anywhere..at least i hope it doesnt not until CD is out and the current lineup is done with what they set out to do.  Theyve worked to hard to not have their chance to shine....they deserve that after sticikin by Axl all this time.  Thats more than most of the old members can say. 

I completely, totally agree.
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #774 on: May 18, 2006, 03:40:27 PM »

This post sums my point up perfectly.

If i were the new members Id be a little pissed at Axl.

You really think the guys in the band care that Izzy was there for 3 songs? I sure as hell don't. They have been getting great reviews all week, and once the band hits Europe they will get more and more attention. Espectially when they start doing interviews. They know they are gnr now, no matter who guests with them from the old days.
Saul Isobel
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #775 on: May 18, 2006, 03:40:44 PM »

Theyve worked to hard to not have their chance to shine....they deserve that after sticikin by Axl all this time.? Thats more than most of the old members can say.

The only thing they deserve is their paychecks. These guys are hired hands FFS! And let's not forget Bumblehead has been around for what - two weeks. Finck already left and came back. Stinson has two other bands on the go... yeah "all this time" my ass!

The "old members" stuck by Axl when there was no money or fame. When they were ALL EQUALS living on the streets of LA eating biscuits and gravy at Dennys once a day. These new guys are living the fucking life of luxury in comparison collecting huge paychecks for doing diddly for years on end! Know your history b4 you accuse the original Gunners of not sticking by Axl! ?rant
MJRoses23
Rocker

JORDAN FOR THE WIN!!!

« Reply #776 on: May 18, 2006, 03:47:30 PM »

Theyve worked to hard to not have their chance to shine....they deserve that after sticikin by Axl all this time.? Thats more than most of the old members can say.

The only thing they deserve is their paychecks. These guys are hired hands FFS! And let's not forget Bumblehead has been around for what - two weeks. Finck already left and came back. Stinson has two other bands on the go... yeah "all this time" my ass!

The "old members" stuck by Axl when there was no money or fame. When they were ALL EQUALS living on the streets of LA eating biscuits and gravy at Dennys once a day. These new guys are living the fucking life of luxury in comparison collecting huge paychecks for doing diddly for years on end! Know your history b4 you accuse the original Gunners of not sticking by Axl! ?rant

Easy there tiger.  I know the history.  I know everything your saying.  Not once did i say that they didnt have it better than the old GNR.  Of course they do as far as money is concerned.  But thats not hardly what i meant.  I was more talking about the time factor not that they have stuck by him through worse times.  Even though they have shared there fair share of riots with Mr Rose like the old band. 

Theyve stuck through you suck chants and wheres slash chants and now they are actually getting some credibility after these shows.  Thats all i was saying, not once did i knock the original Guns.  Just saying that these ones also deserve a chance.

-Michael Jordan
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #777 on: May 18, 2006, 03:49:32 PM »

The only thing they deserve is their paychecks.

And your post only deserves to be in the dead horse.

The "old members" stuck by Axl when there was no money or fame. When they were ALL EQUALS living on the streets of LA eating biscuits and gravy at Dennys once a day.

How long was it?
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #778 on: May 18, 2006, 03:54:42 PM »

so the fact Axl would have an old member back is HUGE.

I donno about it but I think Axl said he wanted to do something SMALL.

I completely, totally agree.

Moreover I love this band and the songs they made. I want to see and hear them more.

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #779 on: May 18, 2006, 04:05:37 PM »

At least You'd agree that Izzy doesn't show less approval for this Guns n roses, the band once he was in and left, than for VR or AA in which he's never been a part, anymore.

I have no idea about Izzy's level of approval for any of the above, I could care less.

I do however enjoy (without overanalyzing) him occasionally playing a few tunes with a former bandmate(s), whomever that may be...

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 45 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: