Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 05, 2024, 06:08:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228153 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  May 17th show thread POST YOUR REVIEWS IN THE GNR ON TOUR SECTION PLEASE!
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 45 Go Down Print
Author Topic: May 17th show thread POST YOUR REVIEWS IN THE GNR ON TOUR SECTION PLEASE!  (Read 99208 times)
pollyblue
Rocker

t.w.a.t.

« Reply #740 on: May 18, 2006, 01:51:53 PM »

stupid question.
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #741 on: May 18, 2006, 01:52:34 PM »

I think Izzy playing with Axl again only makes it seem like Axl's got the ex-members blessings to do his thing. it might not be true, but if I try and see this as a casual fan, that's what I'd think.

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Anguro
Headliner

... I never find anyone to replace you....

« Reply #742 on: May 18, 2006, 01:52:46 PM »

You gotta be fuckin' kiddin' me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I went to TWO concerts in NY and I missed the best one?HuhHuhHuhHuh?'

#/(&$(!&$#!()&/$!#()&$#!)(&$#!)($&!)(&$!)/"(=#(

FUCK!!!!!!!!!
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #743 on: May 18, 2006, 01:54:01 PM »

i think the new band are all adults who recognize the old band was a powerhouse and people will always be nostalgic for those guys. but that doesnt mean the new guys wont be accepted when a new album is heard, or as they gain more visibility touring. and as for progress? the band is embarking on a worldwide tour-the euorpean part of which is near sold out or sold out in many places.
things will be fine.

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
McGann
Haiku writing motherfucker
VIP

My hat is HEAVY-DUTY tinfoil

« Reply #744 on: May 18, 2006, 01:54:30 PM »

I see your point, D.
But I disagree with it.
They closed a chapter.

Splash

/Mike

"When fascism came to America, it was called 'Political Correctness' and waved a culturally relative flag."
-Mike McGann
cmpaller
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #745 on: May 18, 2006, 01:54:39 PM »

Just remember all this stuff is still old to ask.  The New GNR is the band now.  Whatever reasons Axl has for doing anything are his own.  As for myself I want  new songs by him.  I dont care who plays on them.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #746 on: May 18, 2006, 01:58:03 PM »

I think Axl hurt the new band by getting Izzy to play.

Instead of further seperating the new band with the old, he basically just messed up whatever progress the new band were making.

Rumors were flying before about a GNR reunion, this will only add a million gallons of gasoline to those fires.

It cant help the new bands psyche either when they get lukewarm receptions and Izzy gets cheered till the roof blows off.

It sends a message to the new guys in my opinion that fans want the old band and not the new in my opinion.

So one great moment for Axl may have helped sabotage the new band and their quest for acceptance in the United States.

I disagree. It actually showed that Axl is not afraid or angry about the past. He embraces Izzy's contribution to GnR.

It was a proud moment and yes in some ways a nod of approval from Stradlin.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Sukie
With Arms Wide Open
Legend

I'm NOT a llama!!!

« Reply #747 on: May 18, 2006, 02:01:40 PM »

there might not be much point or sense in saying this, but it would have been way cooler if Baz would have been the one who took the stage for nightrain, along with Izzy

Why? ?It's not Skid Row....it's cool that he was a guest singer and all but I wouldn't want him to sing with the band without Axl. ? nervous

rofl of course not, i mean, Baz joining Axl and Izzy LOL!!!!!

Oops...totally misunderstood what you posted.  Forgive me, it was very late and I was tired.   Grin
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #748 on: May 18, 2006, 02:03:27 PM »

I think Axl hurt the new band by getting Izzy to play.

Instead of further seperating the new band with the old, he basically just messed up whatever progress the new band were making.

Rumors were flying before about a GNR reunion, this will only add a million gallons of gasoline to those fires.

It cant help the new bands psyche either when they get lukewarm receptions and Izzy gets cheered till the roof blows off.

It sends a message to the new guys in my opinion that fans want the old band and not the new in my opinion.

So one great moment for Axl may have helped sabotage the new band and their quest for acceptance in the United States.

d the place went fucking nuts for izzy, they chanted his name in the front by me, it was awesome..

I met him outside too, what  a night man, shook axl's hand, hugged bbfoot, met kid rock and baz along with evan seinfeld from biohazard -oz
IzzyDutch
VIP

Here Today... Fuck The Hell

« Reply #749 on: May 18, 2006, 02:06:11 PM »

I think the chants for Izzy sent a message to Izzy how loved he really is Grin  But those chants also happened with VR in 2004.
Nighteyes
VIP

« Reply #750 on: May 18, 2006, 02:11:35 PM »

After Bumble did his little solo bit at the front of the stage in SCOM he was then trying to get back to his spot at the side of the set but Axl kept blocking his path. Bumble goes left, Axl blocks, Bumble goes right, Axl blocks him again. He finally let him by. I don't think Bumble plays much football!!

That's funny! Didn't Axl do that to a roadie/the guy who picks up his mic stand in the Tokyo vids or the Paris concert in '92?

Yes he did, that's so funny hihi

I think the chants for Izzy sent a message to Izzy how loved he really is Grin? But those chants also happened with VR in 2004.

Everybody loves Izzy   yes

Izzy really cried? That's so sweet!I almost cry when I hear that. Tongue
 What was the references Axl made the 15th?How did he introduce Izzy?

shit happens when you party naked
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #751 on: May 18, 2006, 02:13:16 PM »

U guys are blinded by the love for Original GNR

The new band have been bludgeoned to death with "u suck" bring back slash etc etc etc

They are out there busting their ass trying their best to finally win over GNR fans.

2002 tour was unsuccessful, they have to sit on their ass and do nothing for 4 years.

They finally get their moment to shine and after 4 shows whats everyone talking about?

Izzy Stradlin

Not Robin, not Richard, not Brain,Pittman,STinson,or Bumble foot or even Chinese Democracy.

They are talkin bout Izzy STradlin

and just cause a few people on this message board think its the closin of a chapter and the beginning of a new chapter, that doesnt mean EVERYONE else feels that way.

People think there will be reunion now.

Axl has the ball rolling in motion by letting Izzy play *since many feel Izzy leaving was the main reason GNR imploded anyway* now speculation will come left and right and Axl will have no choice but to have a reunion now cause everytime they play from here on out people are gonna wanna see Izzy or some other "special guest"

U guys need to take the worship blinders off and realize what a disservice Axl just did to trip up a new band trying to gain respect and acceptance.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
IzzyDutch
VIP

« Reply #752 on: May 18, 2006, 02:18:21 PM »

Dude you're thinking way too much out of this... If Axl think it would be bad for the band Izzy wouldn't play with them.I doubt he even cares about, for both probably it's great to share the stage again after all these years. They've picked up their friendship again, nice for them.

*since many feel Izzy leaving was the main reason GNR imploded anyway* well that's pretty much the truth is it? Even Slash and Duff have said this, the fact that Izzy was gone had big consequences for their communication with Axl. Even Axl said that Izzy was the guy that could real him in when he was heading into a wrong direction.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #753 on: May 18, 2006, 02:20:00 PM »

all i can say isread the news.

Reunion is all u are hearin about now.

Axl knows whats best?

thats the joke of the year.

IzzyDutch
VIP

« Reply #754 on: May 18, 2006, 02:21:40 PM »

Well ok Axl doesn't know the best you got me there hihi

But just like the people who're thinking GN'R reunion you're thinking to much about Izzy's showing up hurthing the new band. This whole thing will blow over soon.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #755 on: May 18, 2006, 02:28:09 PM »

We will see.

What if at the shows to come people chant "We want Izzy"

See what Im sayin?

Axl needs to be distancing himself from the past i.e. not playing every fuckin song off AFD, not having any old members..

Imagine if Slash had played on a few songs?

See what Im saying?

Izzy was maybe the most important old guns member and he just totally overshadowed the new band as if they dont already have enough problems walkin in those giant shoes and being morphed in the old guys' shadows.

GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #756 on: May 18, 2006, 02:31:34 PM »

when izzy played were there 4 guitarists on stage, or did someone sit out?

Saul Isobel
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #757 on: May 18, 2006, 02:31:51 PM »

U guys are blinded by the love for Original GNR

The new band have been bludgeoned to death with "u suck" bring back slash etc etc etc

They are out there busting their ass trying their best to finally win over GNR fans.

2002 tour was unsuccessful, they have to sit on their ass and do nothing for 4 years.

They finally get their moment to shine and after 4 shows whats everyone talking about?

Izzy Stradlin

Not Robin, not Richard, not Brain,Pittman,STinson,or Bumble foot or even Chinese Democracy.

They are talkin bout Izzy STradlin

and just cause a few people on this message board think its the closin of a chapter and the beginning of a new chapter, that doesnt mean EVERYONE else feels that way.

People think there will be reunion now.

Axl has the ball rolling in motion by letting Izzy play *since many feel Izzy leaving was the main reason GNR imploded anyway* now speculation will come left and right and Axl will have no choice but to have a reunion now cause everytime they play from here on out people are gonna wanna see Izzy or some other "special guest"

U guys need to take the worship blinders off and realize what a disservice Axl just did to trip up a new band trying to gain respect and acceptance.

Would you like some cheese with your WHINE? ?hihi

You're damn right IZZY is taking all the credit - this new bunch of hired hands aren't fit to shine the great man's shoes!

It's obvious from all the press coverage and crowd adulation at the show that Izzy will be the catalyst that will draw the TRUE Gunners back into the fold - holy shit can you imagine what it's gonna be like when Mr Slash take center stage once again - just like Kiss back in make-up it's gonna happen!!!!!!! ?peace ?yes ok ?
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #758 on: May 18, 2006, 02:52:01 PM »

What compaller, jsg, Hillel Slovac, kv etc said.
I don't see the band continuing to have their former as a guest. and Izzy won't.
THe set will be changed according to circumestances.
There haven't been many fair or proper reviews from journalists anyways.

Of course not, that's not the point.

Point being, Izzy's jumped onstage with old friends more than once in the past without any blanket
stamp of approval implied or for that matter, necessary. 

Though a great moment for sure, all talk of "approval" or "passing of the torch" is just goofy.

Life has many melodoramatic moments you may call goofy and I'd call humanistic.
But i haven't put it as "passing tourch" yet.

At least You'd agree that Izzy doesn't show less approval for this Guns n roses, the band once he was in and left, than for VR or AA in which he's never been a part, anymore.
kunzerd
VIP

5/12/06, 5/17/06, 11/10/06, 11/26/11, 2/10/12,

« Reply #759 on: May 18, 2006, 02:52:27 PM »

when izzy played were there 4 guitarists on stage, or did someone sit out?

there were four.

it was amazing how crowded the stage was for nighttrain, 4 guitars, 2 singers, 2 keyboard guys, 1 bass, 1 drums, insane but awesome.

12/06/02 - Philly RIOT
5/12/06 - Hammerstein, NY
5/17/06 - Hammerstein, NY
11/10/06 - MSG
11/26/11 - Camden. NJ
2/10/12 - Roseland Ballroom, NY
2/24/12 - HoB, AC, NJ
6/12/13 - Quebec
7/14/16 -
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 45 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: