Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 04, 2024, 06:17:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  May 17th show thread POST YOUR REVIEWS IN THE GNR ON TOUR SECTION PLEASE!
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 45 Go Down Print
Author Topic: May 17th show thread POST YOUR REVIEWS IN THE GNR ON TOUR SECTION PLEASE!  (Read 111285 times)
TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #700 on: May 18, 2006, 10:29:46 AM »

i mean robin`s mom...... Tongue

dad actually Tongue... and I care or I don't care... I just tried to put myself in any of the current band members shoes...

I can see your point with the new guys but the bottom line is 1. Life isn't fair and 2. the reaction Izzy got and the energy/chemistry between Izzy and Axl is too undeniable too ignore. Yes, there are two camps on this forum and it's a fucked up situation i personally wish didn't exist, but the fact remains the vast majority of fans would want to see the original nucleus at the very least (Axl Slash Duff Izzy) reunite and the reaction Izzy got is proof enough for me that it HAS to happen at some point in time.  ok

If Axl cared about fan reaction or desire, we'd be 3 studio albums past Chinese Democracy by now.

Now doesn't that make you feel better?
The pigs have won tonight
Now they can all sleep soundly
And everything is all right
Sagolik
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #701 on: May 18, 2006, 10:31:25 AM »

i hope there comes out video of the izzy performance  drool

"Well some say I'm lazy, And others say that's just me
Some say I'm crazy, I guess I'll always be"
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #702 on: May 18, 2006, 10:32:02 AM »

I can see your point with the new guys but the bottom line is 1. Life isn't fair and 2. the reaction Izzy got and the energy/chemistry between Izzy and Axl is too undeniable too ignore. Yes, there are two camps on this forum and it's a fucked up situation i personally wish didn't exist, but the fact remains the vast majority of fans would want to see the original nucleus at the very least (Axl Slash Duff Izzy) reunite and the reaction Izzy got is proof enough for me that it HAS to happen at some point in time.  ok

No tensions... just diff opinions. It is not fair from my side to judge the chemistry because I will see GNR only on 31st. Then I will... Probably the reaction would be even more amazing if Slash showed up... 1 show, 2 shows, 3 shows... Personally I don't think there would be any chemistry between Slash and Axl anymore on long term basis... they moved in different directions... and that is fine.

All I hear now is that new band is amazing, that they are a band and that there is chemistry... And I think the only fair thing would be to make my final judgement few weeks after Chinese Democracy is released...
ckgent
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #703 on: May 18, 2006, 10:33:31 AM »

i hope there comes out video of the izzy performance  drool

on youtube.com,

type izzy hammerstein, has think about you there now
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #704 on: May 18, 2006, 10:54:19 AM »

That sounds great!!! I'm hoping everyone had a great time.

Another thing, we don't need Kid Rock to be up there... he doesn't deserve to get next to Guns N' Roses. That guy is a joke.

Total joke.

Speak for yourself, I love Kid Rock, he puts on a great show, so while you dont care I would've loved to see that!!! Smiley

Axl is God.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #705 on: May 18, 2006, 11:00:55 AM »

All you newbies need to learn from this. Izzy Stradlin has written some of the greatest G'n'R songs ever and to see him back on stage with Axl kickin' out the jams is fucking monumental.

To me Izzy's appearance looked like a closing of a chapter, a reunion of friends and a passing of the torch. It looked nothing like the first step to a reunion, quite the opposite. Cool as it was, and it was very, very cool, Izzy did not look like a guy who wanted to be on stage for a whole show let alone a whole tour.

No doubt. Izzy's great. He's a real buddy of Axl. cool ex gunner.

THis appearance is huge. By sharing a stage and having fun with this band, Izzy officially showed his approval for this Guns n Roses. This means a lot.

This really is GNR.

Izzy had a nice smile on his face.
Tommy and him jammed a lot facing each other.

How sweet.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2006, 11:02:40 AM by ppbebe » Logged
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #706 on: May 18, 2006, 11:06:45 AM »

Izzy is the fucking man. And for those bashing Kid Rock.. Pick up his latest album.. He is no longer the rapper he actually now sings and records rock and hard country rock(believe or not). He is talented and is fianlly showing his abilities outside the rap world.

Damn I wish I was there.. Izzzy is the shit. Its cool that he played 3 songs with the new band. I guess he is at peace with his Guns saga.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
IzzyDutch
VIP

Here Today... Fuck The Hell

« Reply #707 on: May 18, 2006, 11:27:03 AM »

All you newbies need to learn from this. Izzy Stradlin has written some of the greatest G'n'R songs ever and to see him back on stage with Axl kickin' out the jams is fucking monumental.

To me Izzy's appearance looked like a closing of a chapter, a reunion of friends and a passing of the torch. It looked nothing like the first step to a reunion, quite the opposite. Cool as it was, and it was very, very cool, Izzy did not look like a guy who wanted to be on stage for a whole show let alone a whole tour.

No doubt. Izzy's great. He's a real buddy of Axl. cool ex gunner.

THis appearance is huge. By sharing a stage and having fun with this band, Izzy officially showed his approval for this Guns n Roses. This means a lot.

This really is GNR.

How sweet.

Izzy's official approvel for the new GN'R? Izzy just played with an old friend again, just like he did with VR and AA. I doubt he cares about the other bandmembers, he was only interested in playing with Axl.

"This is really GN'R" hehe it really ain't, wether Izzy played with them or not Wink
MarioGunner
Rocker

I should've known you're crazy

« Reply #708 on: May 18, 2006, 12:03:40 PM »

Izzy is the fucking man. And for those bashing Kid Rock.. Pick up his latest album.. He is no longer the rapper he actually now sings and records rock and hard country rock(believe or not). He is talented and is fianlly showing his abilities outside the rap world.

Damn I wish I was there.. Izzzy is the shit. Its cool that he played 3 songs with the new band. I guess he is at peace with his Guns saga.

Damn!! no wonder why kid rock is no longer showing on mtv then, he is now playing real music........ MTV wouldn?t play real music no more, it?s all about stupid shows and hip hop and boy bands  hihi
actually, how would i know, i don?t even watch MTV anymore, it sucks.......... so much for the offtopic

Izzy on stage with Axl, sweet taste of glory, just wish might repeat somewhere along the tour.

You can run like a river
Till you end up in the sea
And you run till night is black
And keep on going in your dream

My NEW Trading Space http://www.freewebs.com/mariogunner/
Mr Rage
Rocker

My Friends Call Me ACE!!!!!

« Reply #709 on: May 18, 2006, 12:06:10 PM »

The more i read about this, just 1 more reason why life is a complete and total BITCH rant

A World Without BASS is.....CHAOS
Evolution
« Reply #710 on: May 18, 2006, 12:11:48 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ibr6ZH3OSg&search=Hammerstein
AxlFink
VIP

thelesserkings.com

« Reply #711 on: May 18, 2006, 12:12:08 PM »

where did Izzy go?  it was weird he didnt come out for PC.  Then Axl said he had no clue where Izzy went.  Izzy was weird as the show went on.  It was cool to see him but he made a few weird faces at axl later on in the night and then that was the end of Izzy that night.  Anyone else notice it?  I thought it was the best gnr show i've seen, far better than friday night and up there with Vegas.  Bumblefoot was better, the band was tight, Axl was great, the crowd was better than friday etc.... I thought the solos to November rain were really good and Fortus played some cool licks durin YCBM.  Fink is amazing.  Has the best tone out of and gnr guitarist ever and Fortus has a great clean sounding tone as well.  Bumblefoot's guitar sound is too distorted and its hard to hear the notes that he is playing.  He doesnt cut through the mix well at all.  If he played through robin's rig I bet he sounds 1000 times better... and seriously... the band needs to rediscover some guitar effects... a little delay wouldnt hurt.  DIZZY was Amazing with the beatles song.  The blues, madagascar, Better sounded great but I thought the best last night of the new songs was CD.  Best version I've heard.  Did anyone notice the cool keyboard sounds pittman was playing....it was a cool melody.  The best version.. i cant wait to hear the studio track of ths one.  Axl's performance was also a lot stronger than what I saw on Friday night.  I thought he sounded great and put on a kick ass show.  He had more of an edge to him last night than he did Friday.  By the time this band gets back to the USA they are gonna be the tightest band around... also... it was seriously cool that they fucked around and jammed last night in between songs... it was cool that they can have some fun up there... more bands should jam.  OH FUCK  KOHD KICKED SO MUCH ASS DIDNT IT?  Talk about jamming!!!! There's so much to talk about from this show!!!!!!!!
GNR estranged
Rocker

« Reply #712 on: May 18, 2006, 12:21:13 PM »

where did Izzy go?? it was weird he didnt come out for PC.? Then Axl said he had no clue where Izzy went.? Izzy was weird as the show went on.? It was cool to see him but he made a few weird faces at axl later on in the night and then that was the end of Izzy that night.? Anyone else notice it?? I thought it was the best gnr show i've seen, far better than friday night and up there with Vegas.? Bumblefoot was better, the band was tight, Axl was great, the crowd was better than friday etc.... I thought the solos to November rain were really good and Fortus played some cool licks durin YCBM.? Fink is amazing.? Has the best tone out of and gnr guitarist ever and Fortus has a great clean sounding tone as well.? Bumblefoot's guitar sound is too distorted and its hard to hear the notes that he is playing.? He doesnt cut through the mix well at all.? If he played through robin's rig I bet he sounds 1000 times better... and seriously... the band needs to rediscover some guitar effects... a little delay wouldnt hurt.? DIZZY was Amazing with the beatles song.? The blues, madagascar, Better sounded great but I thought the best last night of the new songs was CD.? Best version I've heard.? Did anyone notice the cool keyboard sounds pittman was playing....it was a cool melody.? The best version.. i cant wait to hear the studio track of ths one.? Axl's performance was also a lot stronger than what I saw on Friday night.? I thought he sounded great and put on a kick ass show.? He had more of an edge to him last night than he did Friday.? By the time this band gets back to the USA they are gonna be the tightest band around... also... it was seriously cool that they fucked around and jammed last night in between songs... it was cool that they can have some fun up there... more bands should jam.? OH FUCK? KOHD KICKED SO MUCH ASS DIDNT IT?? Talk about jamming!!!! There's so much to talk about from this show!!!!!!!!

yeah i noticed that about izzy as well. my friend was outside of the show and he said izzy was in his car leaving the show when the end of paradise city went on. i think it is wierd he just took off before the show ended without saying bye to axl or anything. oh well, it was still amazing seeing him up there.
Hatts
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #713 on: May 18, 2006, 12:25:40 PM »

What the fuck no pictures yet?

Hatts

"If I thought that I was crazy well i guess i'd have more fun."
crazyfool
Headliner

You dig what i'm saying?

« Reply #714 on: May 18, 2006, 12:25:53 PM »

wow

12/6/02
5/12/06
5/14/06
11/10/06
4/9/16
6/26/16
Mr Rage
Rocker

My Friends Call Me ACE!!!!!

« Reply #715 on: May 18, 2006, 12:26:13 PM »

has anyone thought izzy was just letting axl and the nu guns have their moment he did his friend a favour and left axl with his public

A World Without BASS is.....CHAOS
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #716 on: May 18, 2006, 12:36:42 PM »

I thought the best last night of the new songs was CD.  Best version I've heard.  Did anyone notice the cool keyboard sounds pittman was playing....it was a cool melody.  The best version.. i cant wait to hear the studio track of ths one.

I can't wait to hear it on a boot first. Cry

This really is GNR.

How sweet.

Izzy's official approvel for the new GN'R? Izzy just played with an old friend again, just like he did with VR and AA. I doubt he cares about the other bandmembers, he was only interested in playing with Axl.

"This is really GN'R" hehe it really ain't, wether Izzy played with them or not Wink
Is there any reason for him to disapprove VR or AA? Besides he's ever been in those band I think.
Surely you're not saying Izzy is so weird as to join in a gig of the band that he hates?

Yep This really is GNR, with or without any approval from the people who aren't in the band.
Nevertheless this Izzy's friendly act must be encouraging. Very.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2006, 12:38:37 PM by ppbebe » Logged
kunzerd
VIP

5/12/06, 5/17/06, 11/10/06, 11/26/11, 2/10/12,

« Reply #717 on: May 18, 2006, 12:41:23 PM »

Friday night was awesome, and then last night completely blew it away for me.

Any problems the band had earlier in this run seems to have been delt with (mistakes and what not), it seems like Ron is starting to really find his part in the songs, so sounds better after every show. and jesus christ can you say guest stars?

having izzy there made it amazing, and bachs performance is always welcome on my michelle now, i think it might be my favorite rendition of the song. and i was totally blown away with izzy and kid rock showing up for night train. im not a big kid rock fan, but it was still awesome nonetheless. unfortunitly i had to leave after the first verse in nighttrain in order to make the last train to jersey. ofcourse, funny enough, i still missed it and was stuck in new york until 4:30am.

hopefully they will release a dvd so i can see what i missed, or if anyone has seen some really good bootleg video let me know.

cant wait until the come back to the states.

12/06/02 - Philly RIOT
5/12/06 - Hammerstein, NY
5/17/06 - Hammerstein, NY
11/10/06 - MSG
11/26/11 - Camden. NJ
2/10/12 - Roseland Ballroom, NY
2/24/12 - HoB, AC, NJ
6/12/13 - Quebec
7/14/16 -
IzzyDutch
VIP

Here Today... Fuck The Hell

« Reply #718 on: May 18, 2006, 12:42:34 PM »

I thought the best last night of the new songs was CD.? Best version I've heard.? Did anyone notice the cool keyboard sounds pittman was playing....it was a cool melody.? The best version.. i cant wait to hear the studio track of ths one.

I can't wait to hear it on a boot first. Cry

This really is GNR.

How sweet.

Is there any reason for him to disapprove VR or AA? Besides he's ever been in those band I think.
Surely you're not saying Izzy is so weird as to join in a gig of the band that he hates?

Yep This really is GNR, with or without any approval from the people who aren't in the band.
Nevertheless this Izzy's friendly act must be encouraging. Very.

Izzy doesn't "approve" or "dissapprove" anything... he just wants to play with his old friend(s) again... that's it.

In my mind it's only named GN'R, it isn't actually GN'R Wink But let's not get into that cause it's an old cow.
AxlFink
VIP

thelesserkings.com

« Reply #719 on: May 18, 2006, 12:45:48 PM »

has anyone thought izzy was just letting axl and the nu guns have their moment he did his friend a favour and left axl with his public
no way... something is up with izzy just leaving before it was over.  iizzy know the fans would have like to see him come out at the end with the band.  Im sure axl and the band would have liked to hang with him and talk about the show also.  They all seemed to be happy that he was there. 
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 45 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: