Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 04, 2024, 06:50:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  May 17th show thread POST YOUR REVIEWS IN THE GNR ON TOUR SECTION PLEASE!
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 45 Go Down Print
Author Topic: May 17th show thread POST YOUR REVIEWS IN THE GNR ON TOUR SECTION PLEASE!  (Read 111289 times)
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #680 on: May 18, 2006, 08:21:46 AM »

That sounds great!!! I'm hoping everyone had a great time.

Another thing, we don't need Kid Rock to be up there... he doesn't deserve to get next to Guns N' Roses. That guy is a joke.

Total joke.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #681 on: May 18, 2006, 08:22:42 AM »

I really would've been blown away if they had performed "14 Years". Shocked yes

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
flickn
« Reply #682 on: May 18, 2006, 08:38:39 AM »

Another thing, we don't need Kid Rock to be up there... he doesn't deserve to get next to Guns N' Roses. That guy is a joke.

Total joke.

Kid rock is  fan just like us , man.I am pr4oud that he had a chance to be on stage with AXL
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #683 on: May 18, 2006, 08:39:11 AM »

Wow....just fucking awesome Grin I am so happy that Izzy came to play with Axl and that Axl allowed it... And I like Kid Rock its pretty cool that he showed as well....and a perfect song for him to play on ?Cheesy can't wait for a boot of this show. and was that Izzy soloing on TAY?

Of all the nights i chose to not stay up and get updates this shit happens...hah maybe i should go to bed during the RIR show too whoo knows what'll happen confused

haha seriously this made my day, axl putting some ghosts in the past and hopefully we can move forward and see CD get released this year ok

Saul Isobel
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #684 on: May 18, 2006, 08:57:57 AM »

How was he announced?

Axl gave a little speech about how he was going to introduce a friend he grew up with, went skateboarding with, did illegal substances with....Mr Izzy Stradlin. Or something like that. The place went insane.

WOW thanks for that - what a defining moment, almost brings a tear to my eye. FUCKIN A!!  ok

All you newbies need to learn from this. Izzy Stradlin has written some of the greatest G'n'R songs ever and to see him back on stage with Axl kickin' out the jams is fucking monumental. Now bring back Duff n Slash and let's get this fucking show back on the road - you know it makes sense. FUCKING STOKED!  peace

PS Get off the fucking stage Kid Rock you ain't worthy!  rant
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #685 on: May 18, 2006, 09:05:09 AM »

"PATIENCE .... with IZZY again!!!!!!!!!!!!!IZZY is crying while playing PATIENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Can we get more confirmation / detail on this?  This is not something to gloss over.  We're talking about possibly the most emotional moment in GNR history.
Emilie
Rocker

No, we can't stop here! This is bat-country!

« Reply #686 on: May 18, 2006, 09:11:48 AM »

Exactly! It almost makes me cry thinking that he did...  Cry
Matatata
Headliner

« Reply #687 on: May 18, 2006, 09:21:44 AM »

http://www.sendspace.com/file/oo6jgk

video of izzy stradlin coming out ....

credit to mygnr.com0.

Great! I am very pleased how things are going. Good to see Izzy and Axl together! Can anybody confirm Izzy beeing emotional while playing Patience (crying or something)? It's not a big deal, but interesting though.
AxlFink
VIP

thelesserkings.com

« Reply #688 on: May 18, 2006, 09:23:14 AM »

Total joke.
he did s great job and helped get the crowd going a lot.  he has a very good voice when he sings instead of rapping.
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #689 on: May 18, 2006, 09:23:57 AM »

Izzy played... nuts.

wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #690 on: May 18, 2006, 09:32:49 AM »

All you newbies need to learn from this. Izzy Stradlin has written some of the greatest G'n'R songs ever and to see him back on stage with Axl kickin' out the jams is fucking monumental. Now bring back Duff n Slash and let's get this fucking show back on the road - you know it makes sense. FUCKING STOKED!  peace

let me repeat myself: just do you think it would be fair to any of current members? (Finck is there for 10 years now, if not as long, but almost as long as "old" GNR)... It is great Izzy was there, maybe at some point in few years we will see Slash playing Nightrain (like GNR Tour 2010) and all is cool... Still GNR is now different band and all of the guys have put a lot in it... If Axl would bring Slash or Duff back he would be biggest asshole in the world... JMT
big_machine
Rocker

DON`T SAY BAD WORDS

« Reply #691 on: May 18, 2006, 09:38:49 AM »

All you newbies need to learn from this. Izzy Stradlin has written some of the greatest G'n'R songs ever and to see him back on stage with Axl kickin' out the jams is fucking monumental. Now bring back Duff n Slash and let's get this fucking show back on the road - you know it makes sense. FUCKING STOKED! peace

let me repeat myself: just do you think it would be fair to any of current members? (Finck is there for 10 years now, if not as long, but almost as long as "old" GNR)... It is great Izzy was there, maybe at some point in few years we will see Slash playing Nightrain (like GNR Tour 2010) and all is cool... Still GNR is now different band and all of the guys have put a lot in it... If Axl would bring Slash or Duff back he would be biggest asshole in the world... JMT

yeah...but  who cares...are you rinbin`s  mom Huh?   or something.....
big_machine
Rocker

DON`T SAY BAD WORDS

« Reply #692 on: May 18, 2006, 09:41:16 AM »

i mean robin`s mom...... Tongue
TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #693 on: May 18, 2006, 09:49:11 AM »

http://www.sendspace.com/file/oo6jgk

video of izzy stradlin coming out ....

credit to mygnr.com0.

Great! I am very pleased how things are going. Good to see Izzy and Axl together! Can anybody confirm Izzy beeing emotional while playing Patience (crying or something)? It's not a big deal, but interesting though.

I thought he was crying when they had a big screen close up, but next close up he wasn't so I thought I might have imagined it  - but if other people saw it too.....

Now doesn't that make you feel better?
The pigs have won tonight
Now they can all sleep soundly
And everything is all right
TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #694 on: May 18, 2006, 09:54:07 AM »

Total joke.
he did s great job and helped get the crowd going a lot.  he has a very good voice when he sings instead of rapping.

I'm completely indifferent to anything KR has ever done, but moments like that are cool because it means that performance
is unique to your show rather than pretty much identical to the last 10 shows and the next 10 shows.....or something like that.

TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #695 on: May 18, 2006, 09:58:54 AM »

All you newbies need to learn from this. Izzy Stradlin has written some of the greatest G'n'R songs ever and to see him back on stage with Axl kickin' out the jams is fucking monumental.

To me Izzy's appearance looked like a closing of a chapter, a reunion of friends and a passing of the torch. It looked nothing like the first step to a reunion, quite the opposite. Cool as it was, and it was very, very cool, Izzy did not look like a guy who wanted to be on stage for a whole show let alone a whole tour.

Just my observation of what it looked like, and nothing to do with my opinion what I would like to happen or not happen with GNR.

Saul Isobel
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #696 on: May 18, 2006, 10:02:28 AM »

All you newbies need to learn from this. Izzy Stradlin has written some of the greatest G'n'R songs ever and to see him back on stage with Axl kickin' out the jams is fucking monumental.

To me Izzy's appearance looked like a closing of a chapter, a reunion of friends and a passing of the torch. It looked nothing like the first step to a reunion, quite the opposite. Cool as it was, and it was very, very cool, Izzy did not look like a guy who wanted to be on stage for a whole show let alone a whole tour.

Just my observation of what it looked like, and nothing to do with my opinion what I would like to happen or not happen with GNR.

An interesting observation but i fail to see what would lead you to think Izzy wouldn't want to be on stage for a whole show... perhaps you can elaborate...
New Blood
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #697 on: May 18, 2006, 10:10:32 AM »

I just saw this thread.  I don't want to go digging through 35 pages but what was the setlist?  I know that Izzy played in Think About You, Patience and Nightrain and Kid Rock also appeared on Nightrain.  What was rest of the set?
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #698 on: May 18, 2006, 10:12:08 AM »

dad actually Tongue... and I care or I don't care... I just tried to put myself in any of the current band members shoes...
Saul Isobel
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #699 on: May 18, 2006, 10:22:34 AM »

dad actually Tongue... and I care or I don't care... I just tried to put myself in any of the current band members shoes...

I can see your point with the new guys but the bottom line is 1. Life isn't fair and 2. the reaction Izzy got and the energy/chemistry between Izzy and Axl is too undeniable too ignore. Yes, there are two camps on this forum and it's a fucked up situation i personally wish didn't exist, but the fact remains the vast majority of fans would want to see the original nucleus at the very least (Axl Slash Duff Izzy) reunite and the reaction Izzy got is proof enough for me that it HAS to happen at some point in time.? ok
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 45 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: